• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Lord-Xanthor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't just miss players on Pacific, I miss my old co-workers here as well. On Pacific, my best two friends were Rhapsody and Scott, both who left long before I did. Some of my old co-Workers here like Anterion, Stonegate, Gilthas, Xander, and Seprenia. I lost my last link to them when ICQ deleted my user list a year or two ago. Running developer chats called HOCs was just as fun. I got to work with developers from both OSI and Westwood Studios when they both existed. I was still working from NY when they closed the Texas locations and moved the servers to CA. Was never my intentions, but found it funny to see EA is now 15 minutes from me. Been meaning to stop by, but sort of not a good idea of just stopping by when ones lost their only means of contacting them. Knowing my luck, if I did, the one person who would know me would most likely be the GM whose toes I stepped on, one to many times lol.
Oh, and a few of my fellow smurfs, as short lived as that volunteer job went.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people I played with most, back in the day, were my real life friends and relatives, most of whom I am still in contact with. I started in like 2002.

As far as online only friends... there were at least a handful, but most names escape me at this point. I think one was called Bob the Fart Guy... think it was Catskills (whenever I play, it is on Atlantic now).

I do miss the Travel Lodge on Catskills, though that isn't a person lol

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if Laggedy Ann from ATL is still around (or are you on here)? Haven't seen him since before COVID and just hoping he's ok.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One thing I do not muss is dial up.

There are a lot of people I miss that no longer that will be around. Longwalker, Joe Lunchbucket, Glorfindel from Cats.
I have set up the SCB Reading Room on Cats in Vesper fel that has a lot of books from players of past. Raleigh, Loic and Brianna, Rutger Dag, if anyone would like to stop in and read them. South side of Vesper in the Sandstone Keep. The books that are written by those listed above I miss too. Esa Stewart I see everyweek. She is my daughter and she is the one that got me to playing here,

On Siege there are some that are no longer around or just disappeared . I miss them also.

Mishra

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some great times on Oceania and it's sad to see how empty the server has become. Several of the US player made the move when the server first opened and it was active. People I miss would be from the OPERA alliance and my PIC Caliope. I still have some of the accounts of people that have moved on from that time.

honkwomp

Visitor
I remember Roar; fighting against him that is hehe :). For me, my bud IAIN back in the early 2000s ;P and also Black Jack. Draktyr was pretty cool too. Ah, Boogafunk, my bro Darik. A lot on my list. I still owe Boogafunk 200k for my first house :p.
Xanadu from L*R I was part of that guild back in the day

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wish my brother Sadist would start playing again on Chesapeake. We'd get the PvP going again like the old days.

DarkHawk

Visitor
I've recently come back to Ultima Online after a 15 or so year hiatus, and between that and this thread I'm feeling super nostalgic.

I played/play on Chesapeake from 97-approximately 2002 and again from 2004 until 2008 or so, if you see your name here or someone you know, say hi! I'd love to find a way to contact these folks.

My first, longest friend in game was moonbabie. We met at the Lyceum in Moonglow and became fast friends, and she became my closest confidante during a really tough time in my life. She was the first person I came out to, and she was always wonderful and supportive. We chatted online and on the phone often. I'll always wish I had done a better job at keeping in touch. She's passed away, but the buildings she decorated in the player run town Casandrael remain, and I visit the rune library often and think of her.
Moonbabie Didn't Pass away.. She is still Alive and kicking.
This is DarkHawk/NightEyes btw

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best friend of over 40 years who passed away last June.
He played Chessy, Cats, Atlantic, and Siege for awhile.
His main characters were Lizard Tongue(archer), Mook(tamer), and from way back on Chessy, the other Goldberg(fencer)
Could not begin to tell you about all of the good times we had in and outside of the game.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So many...all on Great Lakes.Although there were quite a few on Siege back in the day...
Fizban, a wonderful friend
Boast, who placed my castle for me
LOL--Soon after beta, I can't even recall their names but a huge drama early on involving guild friends (before FCB) involving mistaken (ok, lying about...) gender identities and huge amount of people confusing online relationships with RL...talk about drama...
Friends from Chicken Fight Club (CFC)-miss CFC
FishKing
BayleDoman!

And current friends Draden and Shurk!

She's still around but Aridas/FiFi is the best friend ever....

No brainer - Smithy the Smith and his son Scriber. Both early members of the guild "Guardians of Britannia" on Atlantic. Smithy taught me all about crafting and Scriber about PvP in those early days.

Wait... Aries, a young mofo who wanted nothing more than a few regs to kill whoever he saw moving, the boy had an itch to kill that was unsatiable. I had to mine from time to time to make gear so he'd pop up on ICQ saying lets go boat PKing. There were lots of boats along the North Minoc wall at the time because the mines were infested with reds.

Hmm, Myst and Angel, mom and friend of the guild leader Shadowcaster... we had some amazing times destroying Max Prophet and his Lords of Death guild in the trin swamps.

OK, too many, Voivod, Wolfgar... just too many. The game was fresh, new and awesome back then. Spare 10k for a wep? No lockdowns or decay, no skill locks, no scripting, yet... this game still exists today because of how awesome it was back then. They thought 30,000 would play but subs went over a million at one point. Good times and good people all. Everything might be "safer" now, but if you played back then you know that safer doesn't mean better.

edit: I even miss the guys who were the biggest pain in the behind too, like the SSJ guild and their leader Gohan and super predators like Jarlaxle and Gix. My neighbor creeped me out too, he roleplayed a thief and I can't tell you how many times he snuck into my house when I did the quick enter and door lock. He never stole anything, nothing was locked down, but he'd sit there a good long time and eventually say "NEED A HAND WITH THAT" and appear next to me with red text.... back then when red came on the screen you jolted a bit. He was such an ass.... loved it.
I am the Shadowcaster of whom you speak. I know all the names you mention. I would love to contact you, whoever you are! Please reply! I would love to catch up with old friends!

I miss the extreme gamers who took UO to it's limit, both good and bad.

- On Atlantic if Gohan showed up on screen with his mates Jarlaxle or Gix everything(and everyone) would die, it was impressive.
- The Atl guild "Guardians of Britania", Shadowcaster was GM but his mom Myst was the heart of the guild along with Angel and Voivod
- Smithy the smith and his son Scriber, great artisan and slayer team.

This was from 98-99 mostly... so I imagine Myst would be in her late 70's now... and Smithy in his 80's.

UO was a family sport. I mostly played my crafter "Edmond the Black" or my tank mages Slyfox(blue) and Overlord(red) back then, if you guys are still kicking.
Youre probably feeling spammed by now lol. I am Shadowcaster. Would love to catch up

I miss so many people that I met on Great Lakes. Everyone from (RMS) Red Mage Society and everyone from (NWJ) Night Wolves of Justice.
Specifically Lady Severn, Frog Prince and Lil Bit Judy to name a few. God we had some great times... I know I've been absent for quite some time but I can't locate anyone. I heard that NWJ moved from great lakes to Siege Perilous but... I'm without pc ATM so I can't play to find anyone. *Sad*