• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new anncouncement concering the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the annoucnement Here!

What is your CURRENT favorite taming template and why?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What gear are you using to get 3/7 fc/fcr at 176 sdi?
Human character wearing pads of the Cu.

Halo
Yukio earrings
Pendant of the Magi
Necro Phylactery
Hooks Shield
Jumu Hide
Hawkwind Robe
50 SDI book
Cuffs of the Archmage
Protector of the Battle Mage
Kelp Leggings

Ring, Bracelet and Gloves below.

1620338999673.png

Cork

Seasoned Veteran
Professional
Ahh you are not using one of the 20 sdi rings. If I put the 5 sdi chest on I'm at 183 sdi but my hits drop to 123. And I don't have a bracelet with phy resist on it to make up for running protection if I swap out the chest.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh you are not using one of the 20 sdi rings. If I put the 5 sdi chest on I'm at 183 sdi but my hits drop to 123. And I don't have a bracelet with phy resist on it to make up for running protection if I swap out the chest.
Yes, there are certainly some trade offs. I didn't think the extra 2 SDI was worth it for the compassions eye. Still looking for the 1/3 18SDI 15 Physical resist bracelet since switching away from the Heph shield which had the Casting and Resist so I could use a 3FCR 18 Bracelet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Human character wearing pads of the Cu.

Halo
Yukio earrings
Pendant of the Magi
Necro Phylactery
Hooks Shield
Jumu Hide
Hawkwind Robe
50 SDI book
Cuffs of the Archmage
Protector of the Battle Mage
Kelp Leggings

Ring, Bracelet and Gloves below.

View attachment 119177
Why do you need the DCI and DI?

A guy on Atl knows how to find 18SDI only jewels or 18SDI and FCR jewels.

I bought all he had and was able to upgrade my SDI and get night sight back.

1620341530583.png

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you need the DCI and DI?

A guy on Atl knows how to find 18SDI only jewels or 18SDI and FCR jewels.

I bought all he had and was able to upgrade my SDI and get night sight back.

View attachment 119178
The DI and DCI weren’t really a priority, just extra properties that came with what I wanted.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The DI and DCI weren’t really a priority, just extra properties that came with what I wanted.
I thought they may have been. So you could Make yourself an 18SDI 20LRC 3FCR and 1 more full property like night sight or a 14 skill. The 18SDI 3FCR was not very expensive. I am glad some players know how to get jewels with just a couple of useful properties so we can make what we want from them.

You can get useful Legendary / greater 18% SDI without brittle/antique on VS.

Usually pretty cheap like a mill or so. Maxed out
LMC, LRC, INT, MR, FC or FCR.
Even found some with magery or med on. Cant find NS but not necessary on my elf.
I dont get why these super nice rings are so cheap, but I guess most people want those massive mod antiques that get used up quick.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get useful Legendary / greater 18% SDI without brittle/antique on VS.

Usually pretty cheap like a mill or so. Maxed out
LMC, LRC, INT, MR, FC or FCR.
Even found some with magery or med on. Cant find NS but not necessary on my elf.
I dont get why these super nice rings are so cheap, but I guess most people want those massive mod antiques that get used up quick.
For me it is because I use jewelry as the finishing touch. So I need skills and random things to make the suit fit together.

For my non main mages I'll use jewels with those above, and yes they are fairly common.

Also noticed the physical resist on one above. That is something we need when using protection. I was able to remove phy resist on my new rings because I decided to enhance a piece of armor.

For Leather you can get some small Phy resist increases along with others. But if you want to go all out physical resist,
Notice spined gives +9.

If you have metal pieces, Dull Copper gives +10 Phy resist.

Another helpful hint. Have you forgot to powder a metal weapon before imbuing?
Enhance with Dull Copper for +100 Durability! Better than what it was.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a tamer with a similar build and a high SDI suit. I dropped vet for a combination of necro (just enough for wraith form) and spirit speak. This comes in handy for endless Wind or EQ clearing low level spawn or big bombs like flame strike or WOD while my pet tanks the bosses.

Between cu or triton, gift of renewal, and consume damage I just never got much out of Vet.
A Human char with just JoAT can get into Wraith Form using a scroll, and have 8% Mana Drain. That's enough to indefinitely sustain Mana when AoEing or using Death Ray most of the time. My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © utilizes that.

What do you provoke that makes this worthwhile? I see that you don't have sufficient real bard skills to use neither disco nor provo masteries.
I suspect expensive jewels to make this work.
I don't see how you can get 120/120 disco/music without antique properties though. Wont be able to disco half the stuff out there with low disco.

I've moved from expensive rings to prized/clean and instead get beefier armour and armies.