• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

War horses and Vanguard controlers!

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
............High............Low.........Figured Max......Figured Min
hit.........639............555...............640.. ..............555
sta........122.............94................125.. ..............90
man.......153............100................155... ............100
str.........551............504................555. ..............500
dex........122.............94................125.. ..............90
int.........153............100................155. ..............100

phy........75..............65.................75.. ...............65
fire.........40..............20.................40 .................20
cold........40..............20.................40. ................20
pois........60..............50.................60. ................50
ener........50..............40.................50. ...............40

Thanks again Corpse for letting me lore your horse. It raised two of my high stats! I have lored 63 as of now....

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic
Temple of the Eastern Sky Shop on the Town of Zento
Temple Water Garden Shop on the Town of Zento

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tamed one on Sonoma with the following stats
HP 642
sta 92
man 125
str 528
dex 92
int 125

phy 72
fire 29
cold 31
pois 60
ener 40

L

Lord Kynd

I am sorry, I don't know you so I don't know if your trying to be rude or not, but this sounds extremely rude to me. Read this thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=543 and you will see that I gave away about 18 so far. That was however to guildies and people who were nice and helping each other try to tame, NOT to greedy people who were killing the Vanguard for his shield and sword and THEN sticking out their hands for a free mount. Yet again, I don't know you, haven't seen you helping the tamers yet so why should I give you one after you have gotten your shot at a shield and sword while we struggle to tame. I have one more to get for a friend who I found out was in the hospital and one for a friend working his tamer. After that I am out and will be just killing for the shields and swords since I am tired of the hassle. I will NOT be killing the war horses others are trying to tame... Peace

not rude at all, but take it as you will.
you proved my point very well, thank you.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hit.........639............555...............640.. ..............555
sta........122.............94................125.. ..............90
dex........122.............94................125.. ..............90

I tamed the last two horses I wanted to tame for friends who couldn't tame them themselves, so I am out of the taming business and pretty much done with this list. Goodluck all and hopefully you will get some of the nice people taming that I have dealt with.

S

SilentFoxXy

Happy to say that folks on Europa are very kind/ thoughtful, and I have seen a great deal of DreadHorses tamed, and given away free to loads of folk, with very little / if any, antagonism from 'Honorable Red Killers'.

To throw a spanner into the levels required, My taming is 98.7, I use a +15 Tame ring and the Bird Slayer tally.

With the tally OFF I was able to tame one quite easily, with the ring off, I was able to start several cycles, but failed every one.

With the Ring OFF I was unable to accept a DHorse, with it on it transfered quite happily.

With tally off I couldnt stable, too many pets etc, with it on I could (Lore is 120)

Best weap for a pally on Vanguards?? Ive tried every super slayer, and every 'Artifact/Crafted weapon' The best crafted was easily the Overseers saundered, and the best super slayer by a long long way was The Blade Of Righteous, which when used with EO1, and Divine and Consecrate, hits the Vanguard for 85 per hit, every other weapon returned at best low 50s. (120 Swords, 115 ana, 100 tact and focus) The BOR buffs, the HUGE life leech and HP buffs are also invaluable.

Obv only my personal experience , but if you have an overseers, it really rules any of the minor spawn, especialy with its 1st Special move, Whirlwind attack, I love the sound of the move, and it takes down every mob in the area, very very handy (Obv a radiant Scimitar of any sort has the special, I find the fire and buffs on OSB very useful against this spawn.)

C

Connor_Graham

Here's the stats from the one I tamed yesterday:

Hits 628
Stam 98
Mana 110
Str 523
Dex 98
Int 110

Phys 66
Fire 39
Cold 39
Poison 59
Energy 46

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one! I was helping heal this morning, and Gwy gifted me one of the horses he tamed. Thank you! *smiles*

I am so excited! I didn't think I would be able to get one at all, with all the competition for them.

Here are his stats:

Hits 625
Stam 108
Mana 124
Str 529
Dex 108
Int 124

Phys 71
Fire 37
Cold 21
Poison 52
Energy 47

Although his fire is pretty low, it seems to be actually not bad for the warhorses. I'm very happy with him!
For reference, I was able to take the transfer first try, I am at 117.8 Lore (real) and 103.8 Taming (jeweled). I did receive a message that my pet would not be able to bond until my taming skill got higher, so I'll be taming like crazy! :)

Thank you again, Gwy! You really brightened my morning! *grins*

W

Wolfie

For the record, new mounts are not the same shade as a pure black mare. They are quite a bit darker.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to thank you Hunter for all your hard work. You've spent alot of time taming these for guildmates and I'm sure they are greatful, I know I am! :)

I'm equally greatful for the data you've collected on these beasts. One of the first things I wonder about regarding new tamables are thier stats and resists. Thanks to your hard work, I now know what is a "good" Dread Warhorse and what isn't. As more and more of these things are tamed, I'm sure people here on stratics will find your data useful as well.

[A side note: To bad taming doesn't have Titles for taming creatures, because im sure you're title would read: Lady Hunters Moon, Legendary Dread Warhorse Tamer! (It would be cool if the mouse-over a tamed pet would say who first tamed it!)]

Anyhow, thankyou for all your hard work!

:)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Lug! You guys are what make UO fun, good friends to hang out and chat with and fight with. I doubt I would still be playing after almost 9 years if there weren't still such nice people to interact with.

A tamer title would be neat. I think that is a great idea you came up with. I know I would proudly display mine and work to get a title I liked... I do like the Dread Warhorse Tamer one, it has a sinister sound ;)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Littleblue and Kellgory would you please PM me or post here if you are willing to let me log a junk char onto your shard and lore your mares. Both have stats I need for this list and I am just trying to verify everything that I am putting in personally. I can meet up almost anytime until around 8pm central today. Thanks so much for your help.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am at 117.8 Lore (real) and 103.8 Taming (jeweled). I did receive a message that my pet would not be able to bond until my taming skill got higher, so I'll be taming like crazy! :)
Ah that is good so 108.3 is acceptable from a Bonding perspective and 103.8 isn't.

While I am NO expert on this I think I read that for the Bonding to work, one needs to meet the Minimum Required Taming Requirement.

If that is true, then the Bracket so far would be less than or equal to 108.3 and Greater than 103.8

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hit.........642............555...............645................555
sta........122.............92................125................90
man.......153............100................155...............100
str.........551............504................555...............500
dex........122.............92................125................90
int.........153............100................155...............100

phy........75..............65.................75.................65
fire.........40..............20.................40.................20
cold........40..............20.................40.................20
pois........60..............50.................60.................50
ener........50..............40.................50................40

Thanks Kellgory for the lore. I have updated the list and adjusted the supposed max hits again...

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hit.........643............555...............645.. ..............555
sta........122.............92................125.. ..............90
dex........122.............92................125.. ..............90

Thanks for yet another lore Kellgory. You getting some mighty nice horses there :) I have updated the list.

W

Wolfie

Eh hem... Yes we waited a good 15 mins to make sure they weren't blessed.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know when tehy spawn will start in other towns also ?
cove spawn is Verrrrrrryyyy slow :(

Aye, I look forward to maybe getting controllers in different locations. It is just bad on a large shard to have spawn so little in a small town.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
............High............Low.........Figured Max......Figured Min......Spread
hit.........648............555...............650................555..............95
sta........122.............92................125................90...............35
man.......159............100................160...............100..............60
str.........551............504................555...............500..............55
dex........122.............92................125................90...............35
int.........159............100................160...............100..............60

phy........75..............65.................75.................65...............10
fire.........40..............20.................40.................20...............20
cold........40..............20.................40.................20...............20
pois........60..............50.................60.................50...............10
ener........50..............40.................50................40...............10

Thanks for the stats. List has been updated... Hope we are getting closer to locking these in. The hits have a huge range it appears. We are almost up to a 100 point spread.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
............High............Low.........Figured Max......Figured Min......Spread
hit.........648............555...............650.. ..............555..............95
sta........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
man.......159............100................160... ............100..............60
str.........551............504................555. ..............500..............55
dex........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
int.........159............100................160. ..............100..............60

phy........75..............65.................75.. ...............65...............10
fire.........40..............20.................40 .................20...............20
cold........40..............20.................40. ................20...............20
pois........60..............50.................60. ................50...............10
ener........50..............40.................50. ...............40...............10

73 lored now. Got a new high and low on the stamina and so the dex. The information has been adjusted accordingly

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do we have a confirmed minimum taming requirement? I've been asked and I don't know the answer.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would someone like to pick up the task of figuring out min taming required? I have not worked on it at all since the stats seems to be enough for me and I am not tempted at all by working on the taming requirement as well. Anyone?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am at 117.8 Lore (real) and 103.8 Taming (jeweled). I did receive a message that my pet would not be able to bond until my taming skill got higher, so I'll be taming like crazy! :)
Pet Bonding
After a real-time week of ownership, pets may bond with their owner. If the animal requires more than 29.1 minimum skill to tame, you must have the minimum skill to tame it before it will bond with you. Examples of animals with 29.1 or lower are horses, ostards, dogs, cats, pack horses, etc.

Ah that is good so 108.3 is acceptable from a Bonding perspective and 103.8 isn't.

While I am NO expert on this I think I read that for the Bonding to work, one needs to meet the Minimum Required Taming Requirement.

If that is true, then the Bracket so far would be less than or equal to 108.3 and Greater than 103.8

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe you have to have within 5 points of the skill to tame to bond a pet. For example... you have to have 95.1 to tame a mare, but a mare will transfer to you and bond if you have 90.1. This does not include lore into the equation which, if over GM, use to allow you to bond a pet at much lower than 5 points below the taming skill. I have heard that they changed the lore/taming make up recently, but have never seen a clear explanation of how they interact now for accepting and bonding a pet. Does anyone (or a Dev) have a very clear grasp on how this is all working now and can explain it in detail please.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to go to far out on this limb ...

I used the Control Calculator on uo.stratics and kept in mind the needed minimum to accept a Dragon, Mare, Hiryu, Cu Sidhe, Greater Dragon.

Some one did have a mare they were getting rid of and I did exceed the minimum required to accept the Mare so I took it. I am fairly certain my taming was in the 94 range. I did get the message that I would need to gain more in taming before I could bond with my pet. That was when I looked up the reference I quoted from the uo.guide (and I know everyone tells me it is out of date). I stopped getting the message when I exceeded the Minimum Required Taming skill.

One must keep in mind I was not testing the assertion, I just noticed I no longer was getting the message and my skill exceeded the min req.

I should also note that I WAS able to start a taming cycle at 108.3

H

Helen D

Thank you for so much detailed information.

Does anyone know if the profession forums are available anywhere?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hit.........648............555...............650.. ..............555..............95
sta........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
man.......159............100................160... ............100..............60
str.........551............502................555. ..............500..............55
dex........123.............89................125.. ..............85...............45
int.........159............100................160. ..............100..............60

phy........75..............65.................75.. ...............65...............10
fire.........40..............20.................40 .................20...............20
cold........40..............20.................40. ................20...............20
pois........60..............50.................60. ................50...............10
ener........50..............40.................50. ...............40...............10

76 lored now. Updated one more stat. This is like molasses now.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will post the Real Taming skill required for me to Bond my warhorse, whenever I get there! *smiles*

Maybe my test will help with some more information. :)

E

ElRay

not rude at all, but take it as you will.
you proved my point very well, thank you.
Youre an idiot. Hunters whole theme of his/her post was about giving and sharing etc

Get off your fat lazy butt and go get your own instead of begging here, and trolling the helpful people

N

Nexia

@Hunter: I have one with 497 Str on Europa. Give me shout, if you want to lore it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further info on taming requirements:

I just tried to transfer one on Europa. It refused several times, asked what taming the char had I was told 105.6. He was wearing a +12 ring, we swapped that for a +13, taking him to 106.6 and it transfered np at all. I deduce (though not 100% certain) that it probably has the same taming requirement as a firesteed, ie 106.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I deduce (though not 100% certain) that it probably has the same taming requirement as a firesteed, ie 106.
Kind of the same range I am thinking, somewhere between 105.0 and 106.9

I (amazingly) was able to tame several at 108.3 Taming.

R

Revenant2

If ya'll are taking notes on the post-tame stats of the dread war horses, you will want to keep in mind that it's been seen in Greater Dragons (plus I tested with Cu Sidhes and saw the same thing) that if the monster is blessed or cursed when you tame it, it can screw with the final tamed stats. When I tested this, I turned a Cu Sidhe's expected strength into crap by cursing it before taming it. If you tamed a dread war horse and it was cursed when you did it, it's possible that you could end up with the strength permanently damaged on the tame.

In a little while I will run back and re-do my test and post results here, to be sure nothing's changed since then.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The few I have tamed, I just lure them off to a more ... quiet place, generally outside the city, Peace them, get off My Night Mare and sic the Mare on them, go in and vet the mare till the Dread is a sliver of blue to all red, get the mare to follow me, then simply peace/lead tame it.

I have been recycling them to step up, the one I currently have is a 628HP, with all the rest approximately 75% to 80% of the posted max values here. I will probably just keep this one and move on.

When I look at it, for a 3 slot (and that seems mostly pointless) He beats a Dragon.

For a 2 Slot The Night Mare is my choice.

For a 4 Slot, the Hiryu is my choice ... with the Cu the preferred when I am going into an unknown/unpredictable scenario.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow...KR is looking better!

Alright...I now have a second warhorse! I can't even believe it!

I was taming bulls in Delucia, when another tamer named Brian asked if I would like to have the warhorse he was riding! Oh my, well yes, of course! Thank you Brian of Chesapeake! *smiles* What a wonderful act of kindness.

Here are this guy's stats, very close to my other beauty...I think they will make a great pair!

Hits 625
Stam 97
Mana 125
Str 536
Dex 97
Int 125

Phys 71
Fire 29
Cold 38
Poison 52
Energy 43

It seems my bonding situation has changed, as well. I've been taming like crazy the last few days, and have made it from 80.8 Real, 103.8 Jeweled to 86.8 Real, 109.8 Jeweled. My Animal Lore finally hit 120 yesterday. Previously, I was getting the "cannot bond" message while feeding my pets at the stables. I did not get that message today, while feeding either warhorse! Hopefully they will bond up in the coming week. I can't wait to try them out! :)

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best one ive gotten so far:

Hits : 648/648
Stamina: 125
Mana : 125

Strength: 532
Dex: 125
Int: 125

66/40/25/52/50.

Pretty Solid Resistance's just have to keep him away from the cold touch of the undead :p

R

Revenant2

If ya'll are taking notes on the post-tame stats of the dread war horses, you will want to keep in mind that it's been seen in Greater Dragons (plus I tested with Cu Sidhes and saw the same thing) that if the monster is blessed or cursed when you tame it, it can screw with the final tamed stats. When I tested this, I turned a Cu Sidhe's expected strength into crap by cursing it before taming it. If you tamed a dread war horse and it was cursed when you did it, it's possible that you could end up with the strength permanently damaged on the tame.

In a little while I will run back and re-do my test and post results here, to be sure nothing's changed since then.
It's still the case with curse as tested on dogs, it messes with the final tamed stats, even when afterward you do make a point to do remove curse before taking a look at the fresh tame.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
str.........551............502................555. ..............500..............55

O.k. This is same as the last one I posted, but I wasn't on for a few days and now have some requests in to lore some more war horses. If anyone else has one that is outside of these parameters, please PM me if your willing to let me log on and lore yours. As for the cursed part, I have no way to tell from the almost 80 I have lored now if any were cursed when tamed so just doing what we can till there is official posting on stratics about them ;)

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further info on taming requirements:

I just tried to transfer one on Europa. It refused several times, asked what taming the char had I was told 105.6. He was wearing a +12 ring, we swapped that for a +13, taking him to 106.6 and it transfered np at all. I deduce (though not 100% certain) that it probably has the same taming requirement as a firesteed, ie 106.
This is actually incorrect. I've transferred a few dread warhorses to an extra tamer of mine with 105 taming. The first few took probably 30 or more tries for it to actually pop up with the transfer window. But i've actually transferred it on the first try once and after 2-3 tries as well to a 105 tamer. It seemed to me like after i transfered a few to this 105 tamer it got easier could have just been random luck though. I'm not sure if that makes 105 the minimum required to tame but i know that a tamer with 105 CAN DEFINATELY have one transferred to them although it may take a bit of patience.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one horse tamed, which had 125 Stamina already directly after taming it.
*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Coppelia

I found a dread warhorse with 107.9 Tactics, not tame. Does it fall down to GM when tame?