• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to populate Felucca? Increase skillgains by 25% while there.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol this whole thread is like a republican who wont vote for a bill cause a democrat wrote it, even if the bill makes complete sense. Theyll turn their head cause they are the opposite party. Pvpers Vs Trammies is same thing. The reason nothing gets better in UO is cause you people cant get together and work it out without stepping on each other. Such a divided community, so sad.
It is kind of funny. Lets say the Trammies are the Republicans and we all agree that what ever the Democrats (Fellies) say is total whatever, but the Democrats (Fellies) can't get together and figure out which Fel they want. At least the Rep (Trammies) are on the same page and the Dems (Fellies) are always arguing witch way to do what so they can control the population and bend it to their will.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
except when it come to killing Republicans We all love doing that..( opps I mean trammies)......or do I???

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes longer that six weeks to develop any sort of "esp" on how a thread will go. Thanks for your time.
I am a registered Republican.
Of course you are.....you are like a Poster child for republicans! lol

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please don't let this become a argument over political philosophy, or ideology. Trust me you guys wouldn't like mine, and Stratics isn't exactly the proper place for it. You could try Fox News or The Huffington Post though.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please don't let this become a argument over political philosophy, or ideology. Trust me you guys wouldn't like mine, and Stratics isn't exactly the proper place for it. You could try Fox News or The Huffington Post though.
Oh noes!!, we'd better straighten up. We don't want the Elephants and Jackasses going at it again.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Death to the republicans...opps I mean trammies....shoot them with their own weapons of mass destruction. ...Who needs a repeating cross bow.... limit quivers to 3 arrows or bolts!!!

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I for one am glad there is less moderation and locking of threads that have no ROC violations.
For real. The old guard used to just lock any thread that had people posting in it.

Back in the day there were always lambs to slaughter and easy targets to pick on because new players had NO CHOICE but to be a lamb... but with several regular shards to chose they will NOT chose to be a lamb. The novelty will wear off quite quickly and only the choice few will remain... But then they will cry, whine and moan that they have no one to PK and will quit and the shard would die within 6months.
Yup. What's more, if you replace the word "shard" with the word "game" in this paragraph you end up with the story of why Trammel was created in the first place.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean that stupid quote that makes absolutely no reference whatsoever to subscriptions or subscriber retention? There isn't even anything to argue against in that quote, it's nothing but him giving a subjective opinion. This is seriously the best you can do? Don't you find that a little bit telling?

Face it chuckles, you've now seen a former UO dev straight-up say that Trammel was good for the game's subscriber numbers, and the best counter-argument you can come up with is a quote that doesn't even mention subscribers at all. That's called losing an argument.

Because players who like Trammel still have real UO to play? Because players who hate PK garbage have an entire MMO industry's worth of newer games to play? Because the entire freeshard scene is basically nothing but a haven for PK rejects with nowhere better to go now that the MMO genre has left them behind?

I mean if anyone actually wanted that sort of total free-for-all PK nonsense you'd think there would be a successful MMO based on it by now. Instead garbage like Shadowbane and Darkfall flopped horribly, and even now fifteen years later all people like you have to talk about are your stupid freeshards. Guess what, nobody cares. The years have passed, history has been written, and the part where anyone cared about the population of your PK freeshard never happened.
And your quote from an unnamed Dev isn't a "subjective opinion"? Face it, the dev you quoted is a tram pure and simple. Some people, even Devs, would rather a game be made easier for them so they can compete in it. UO was too hard for Trams so a small minority of them complained and EA made the huge mistake of listening to them. EA is well known for making huge mistakes such as this, just ask fans of the Command and Conquer series... Anyway, I digress. Your unnamed Dev's subjective opinion means next to nothing compared with Raph Koster's condemnation of Tram.

As to the free shard topic, Trams can still play free versions of TODAYS UO. Many choose not to, and I respect that because they are helping the UO legend live on by supporting the official UO, but they do have that option. So many other modern MMOs have PvP shards (servers) that it's not funny, that's a completely failed argument. I would just point you to WoW as but one example. Even in UO PvP shards have been born even today. I can tell you right now that by far the majority of action on Oceania is VvV related and it is drawing players back in every single week. An official shard, with trammel almost deserted, but with fel full of players every five minutes, You clearly have no idea about either the current state of UO or how it used to be.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol this whole thread is like a republican who wont vote for a bill cause a democrat wrote it, even if the bill makes complete sense. Theyll turn their head cause they are the opposite party. Pvpers Vs Trammies is same thing. The reason nothing gets better in UO is cause you people cant get together and work it out without stepping on each other. Such a divided community, so sad.
Feluccans are clearly Democrats because, lets face it, Republicans in the US are extremest right wing loonies. Even the US Democrats are right wing compared with the rest of the world. That's probably a little too political for a UO debate, but it is true.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feluccans are clearly Democrats because, lets face it, Republicans in the US are extremest right wing loonies. Even the US Democrats are right wing compared with the rest of the world. That's probably a little too political for a UO debate, but it is true.
QFT

Hrossak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
And your quote from an unnamed Dev isn't a "subjective opinion"? Face it, the dev you quoted is a tram pure and simple. Some people, even Devs, would rather a game be made easier for them so they can compete in it. UO was too hard for Trams so a small minority of them complained and EA made the huge mistake of listening to them. EA is well known for making huge mistakes such as this, just ask fans of the Command and Conquer series... Anyway, I digress. Your unnamed Dev's subjective opinion means next to nothing compared with Raph Koster's condemnation of Tram.
The quote is Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna and he played a red. Then he got to OSI as a developer and was shocked to see how many people were actually quitting over PK.

But he's probably just lying because reasons, and really the best source on subscriber numbers is your Raph Koster quote that doesn't mention subscrubers, right? LOL!