• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to populate Felucca? Increase skillgains by 25% while there.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed. Simple, elegant and surprisingly obvious. Why the hell not. It would bring some more ppl to Fel for sure. UO really, really does not need as slow gains as (some) skills still are.

Last edited:

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can't see how this alone would do much to increase the Felucca population to a noticeable extent. I can train a new character in Trammel or any other non-pvp facet to GM most of my skills in a matter of 1 to 2 weeks and make a lot of gold doing it. With SOTs and SOAs, it just makes it that much easier. The only skill I could see training there is Fishing (brutally slow gains).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. But I think you'd need a lot more incentive to get people to come to Felucca such as double gold on all monsters and a better chance of useful items weapons and armor, a reworked and fun faction system, a new bounty system, SOTs and SOAs only function in Felucca, and the ability to place a 2nd house there.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see how this alone would do much to increase the Felucca population to a noticeable extent. I can train a new character in Trammel or any other non-pvp facet to GM most of my skills in a matter of 1 to 2 weeks and make a lot of gold doing it. With SOTs and SOAs, it just makes it that much easier. The only skill I could see training there is Fishing (brutally slow gains).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. But I think you'd need a lot more incentive to get people to come to Felucca such as double gold on all monsters and a better chance of useful items weapons and armor, a reworked and fun faction system, a new bounty system, SOTs and SOAs only function in Felucca, and the ability to place a 2nd house there.
These are all interesting things that i didn't think of. Like you said, maybe a combination of them all?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs may need to find a place or 2, to put Kirins/unicorns or some other 95+ taming skill creatures for the tamers.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see how this alone would do much to increase the Felucca population to a noticeable extent.
Well...this is Ultima Online we speak of. Only things that increase amout of players -anywhere at all- in significant amounts have to do with Free to Play, major forceful shard mergings and awesome completely redone game engines people actually find pleasing to use and look at. All of the above being approx as unlikely to happen.

Faction system and some tempting reason for non PvP trammies to get their feet wet within the said system would also be cool tho, sure.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A) Won't work, nobody will go, at least not for any skill that can't be macroed safely in town.

B) I don't really care if Felucca stays empty and don't see why there should be any obligation to force people to go.

The notion that the developers just need to make a certain change and then the carebears will come to Felucca and discover all the fun and excitement and stick around to "populate" it is one of the most abiding and insane Feluccan fantasies. It's empty, it's always been empty, it'll be empty forever, nobody else likes it, deal with it.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A) Won't work, nobody will go, at least not for any skill that can't be macroed safely in town.

B) I don't really care if Felucca stays empty and don't see why there should be any obligation to force people to go.

The notion that the developers just need to make a certain change and then the carebears will come to Felucca and discover all the fun and excitement and stick around to "populate" it is one of the most abiding and insane Feluccan fantasies. It's empty, it's always been empty, it'll be empty forever, nobody else likes it, deal with it.
I agree with the above from KLOMP. You cant make people come to an area of the game they dislike, more so when you try and treat them like lambs to the Slater.

We don't need more people in felucca, it has a large population, larger than many of you would think. What we need is something new to fight over.

What many of you don't understand is just cause you cant see us, it doesn’t mean were not there! You think you ran through despise and it was empty? Lol

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Pirty much that right there.
Well said.

T

Tazar

Fel... been there... done that... It's not the "end game" I am looking for. Adding fel-only benefits won't work - and can alienate the larger portion of the playerbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel... been there... done that... It's not the "end game" I am looking for. Adding fel-only benefits won't work - and can alienate the larger portion of the playerbase.
In its' current state, i am also, not intrested in that. With a significant overhaul of several things, it may become appealing to me; that is why i posted an idea.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We already have all the following methods on regular shards for accelerating your skill gain:

• Accelerated skill gain areas in/around New Haven for low-skilled characters.
  • Scrolls of Transcendence
  • Scrolls of Alacrity
  • Mythic Character Tokens
  • New Player Starter Kit Tokens (give accelerated skill gain to new players and older characters partied with them)
In my opinion, all those options should be sufficient for now for all but the laziest of players to speed up their skill gains.

Instead of seeing EA spend time developing, testing, and implementing yet another accelerated skill gain "gimmick," especially one that would also cause an uproar among many players because it would also be perceived as yet another carrot to try to get people to play in Felucca, I would far rather see them review the regular skill gain system and the guaranteed gain system, looking for and correcting bugs and glitches in those systems. In that way, EVERYONE who plays would benefit from an improved and more consistent experience with getting the majority of their skill gains without the need to use or take advantage of "gimmicks."

In my opinion, the fact that EA has had to resort to putting ever more "gimmicks" into the game to speed up skill gains says that there is something wrong with the basic skill gain systems and for some reason, it is easier to just throw bandages at the system instead of attempting to fix it. If Mesanna is really serious about fixing long-standing bugs, I'd rather see her have her team take on improving the basic skill gain system so everyone can benefit from their work every time they play with an undeveloped character, instead of people feeling like they have to go out of their way to get "something" to boost their gains every time they turn around. Something is seriously wrong with either the game itself or maybe us as players if we cannot settle in most cases for what should be the default, standard way to gain in skills. It's no wonder we can't get and keep new or returning players if so many of us feel compelled to have to use something extra just to get a character built. What happened to learning what to hunt/smack/tame/craft at the appropriate time to get the best gains? Is that just too much work for people anymore??
  • Scrolls of Transcendence
  • Scrolls of Alacrity
  • Mythic Character Tokens

Indeed, not the most cost-effective of options...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This was done on Siege for some amount of time a while back. Perhaps it was done on Felucca as well. It was in a hot zone where large chunks of black rock could be mined. Ring a bell for anyone?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I kind of like the idea. Not because it will raise the pop of Fel, but because I personally would take advantage of the bonus. If it worked in houses I would build a home in Fel.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was done on Siege for some amount of time a while back. Perhaps it was done on Felucca as well. It was in a hot zone where large chunks of black rock could be mined. Ring a bell for anyone?
Yeah, if it is what I'm thinking of, people grouped in a small circle away from the eles and more often than not someone would drag all the blackrock eles there to grief people using the spot. Most of the time it worked.

I think I still have the rune there.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, the fact that EA has had to resort to putting ever more "gimmicks" into the game to speed up skill gains says that there is something wrong with the basic skill gain systems and for some reason, it is easier to just throw bandages at the system instead of attempting to fix it.
Something is seriously wrong with either the game itself or maybe us as players if we cannot settle in most cases for what should be the default, standard way to gain in skills.
I'm not convinced the system is broken - I think it has more to do with the perception of "If I'm not GM, I'm not l33t, I'm worthless" that many players seem to have. And it's not UO-unique... I've seen it all over the place. (And in UO, with it's declining population, it makes parts of the game even harder for newbies.. because the older, lower level stuff is now empty and thus very dangerous for the solo player.) That the devs have spent practically the entire history of the game catering to that mindset has just made the addition worse.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reason why people that don't go nor like fel are posting negative in YET ANOTHER productive fel thread?

Skill gains - not interested. People can macro in a house in fel. The ONLY viable option would be taming and it would become a pk fest due to lack of high end gain spots.

What fel needs is:
1: reduced stat timer (clear 1v1 would be full time, after that it would be a reduced number depending on how many ganked. Example: 5 people hit you, stat time would be lowered to 4min including non faction player damage)

2: Despise spawn ONLY would now guarantee 1 special drop of anything in game from Ilsh minor arties, Doom arties, ML drops and SA drops. This would generate constant fighting without being unfair to the tram ruleset being they can farm these on their own facet right now. Combined with #1 idea and it would make for long fights without much break.

3: Despise revamp to switch which mobs spawn at which levels. If you're fighting for high end drops then it shouldn't be an easy spawn like rats are.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not convinced the system is broken - I think it has more to do with the perception of "If I'm not GM, I'm not l33t, I'm worthless" that many players seem to have. And it's not UO-unique... I've seen it all over the place. (And in UO, with it's declining population, it makes parts of the game even harder for newbies.. because the older, lower level stuff is now empty and thus very dangerous for the solo player.) That the devs have spent practically the entire history of the game catering to that mindset has just made the addition worse.
They stopped giving what little benefits they had to new players a loooong time ago and what is left are vets. I understand your point but from what I can see it wouldn't matter if they catered more to new players, there are few to none and they don't advertise. So they stick with the philosophy of keeping what players they have left, and maybe a few coming back, happy.

This usually doesn't entertain the idea of increasing the mongbat grade creatures that can be killed with a blank weapon or a magic arrow.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reason why people that don't go nor like fel are posting negative in YET ANOTHER productive fel thread?

Skill gains - not interested. People can macro in a house in fel. The ONLY viable option would be taming and it would become a pk fest due to lack of high end gain spots.

What fel needs is:
1: reduced stat timer (clear 1v1 would be full time, after that it would be a reduced number depending on how many ganked. Example: 5 people hit you, stat time would be lowered to 4min including non faction player damage)

2: Despise spawn ONLY would now guarantee 1 special drop of anything in game from Ilsh minor arties, Doom arties, ML drops and SA drops. This would generate constant fighting without being unfair to the tram ruleset being they can farm these on their own facet right now. Combined with #1 idea and it would make for long fights without much break.

3: Despise revamp to switch which mobs spawn at which levels. If you're fighting for high end drops then it shouldn't be an easy spawn like rats are.

1. Eh, too little too late. Factions is done and really no way to fix it unless they start reverting, and that's probably not about to happen.

2. No thanks, I don't know of many people left who do doom or use ils arties anyways.

3. I agree, this should be tweaked.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They doubled the amount of resources people get while harvesting, and that failed to induce people into Felucca. This will fair no better, regardless of good intentions.

There will always be those who do take advantage of such things, but then, those people didn't mind Felucca in the first place. Everyone else is unlikely to be enticed over, ever, even if you (correctly) tell them that 95% of the time you never see anyone else because Felucca is largely dead.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They doubled the amount of resources people get while harvesting, and that failed to induce people into Felucca. This will fair no better, regardless of good intentions.

There will always be those who do take advantage of such things, but then, those people didn't mind Felucca in the first place. Everyone else is unlikely to be enticed over, ever, even if you (correctly) tell them that 95% of the time you never see anyone else because Felucca is largely dead.
When you skew the crafting systems that use those resources it makes going to fel to harvest them pointless, let alone trammel.

But I agree, this idea probably wouldn't pan out. There would have to be something worth doing, getting, or pvping for that make people go to fel and there isn't. I don't even remember the last incentive for fel, power scrolls? Look how long that has been.

There are just few of us who pvp or pretend to and perhaps I'm part of the latter.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you need to get me back to fel 95% of the time is to GIVE ME FOLIAGE ON MY TREES! It has been long enough, desolation is NOT needed in Fel to tell the difference between the two shards. I mean give us the option to turn the crap off. I like leaves on my trees thank you very much. (Before anyone says anything i dont play CC so i cant turn desolation off and no i will not play CC so i can turn it off. EC is like pringles or *****, once you pop, you just cant stop)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is a failed business mode; a product people do not wish to buy and have never wished to buy, they only did when there was no other alternative.

The problem with Fel is Fel. Not the lack of incentives.

It's truly odd how many people seem to think there's a lack of incentives, and it's that lack that's Fel's problem. It's even odder how many people ascribe moral characteristics to those who don't want to buy the failed product.

-Galen's player

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you need to get me back to fel 95% of the time is to GIVE ME FOLIAGE ON MY TREES! It has been long enough, desolation is NOT needed in Fel to tell the difference between the two shards. I mean give us the option to turn the crap off. I like leaves on my trees thank you very much. (Before anyone says anything i dont play CC so i cant turn desolation off and no i will not play CC so i can turn it off. EC is like pringles or *****, once you pop, you just cant stop)
If leaves are a deciding factor, why would you bother leaving trammel? Just curious.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is a failed business mode; a product people do not wish to buy and have never wished to buy, they only did when there was no other alternative.

The problem with Fel is Fel. Not the lack of incentives.

It's truly odd how many people seem to think there's a lack of incentives, and it's that lack that's Fel's problem. It's even odder how many people ascribe moral characteristics to those who don't want to buy the failed product.

-Galen's player
No, you've said this before and it isn't true. They had maybe a handful of incentives to fel over 15 years vs how many made to trammel. Incentives only last so long especially when the game evolves.

If a game could rely on only a few powerscrolls and a crappy dungeon, they wouldn't have made all the expansions.

Fel was never a failed business model. People started the game in fel and people remained in fel after trammel, tokuno, malas, ter mur etc.

It may not be as popular because not everyone likes to pvp, but had it been a complete failure they would have just turned fel into trammel.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I kind of like the idea. Not because it will raise the pop of Fel, but because I personally would take advantage of the bonus. If it worked in houses I would build a home in Fel.
I already have a Castle in Fel and I was thinking how nice this change would be. LOL

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To post negatives in a "productive fel thread" first requires the existence of a "productive fel thread" to post in.
We'll never have one either due to the fact the tram ruleset players are so afraid fel will get something they won't.

These threads ALWAYS get negative posts and totally derailed from people that have no intent of ever playing where we do. Maybe i should start posting in the gimme gimme gimme tram ruleset threads even though the only time i go is to stock my luna vendor?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you've said this before and it isn't true. They had maybe a handful of incentives to fel over 15 years vs how many made to trammel. Incentives only last so long especially when the game evolves.

If a game could rely on only a few powerscrolls and a crappy dungeon, they wouldn't have made all the expansions.

Fel was never a failed business model. People started the game in fel and people remained in fel after trammel, tokuno, malas, ter mur etc.

It may not be as popular because not everyone likes to pvp, but had it been a complete failure they would have just turned fel into trammel.

Yes, I have said it before, and it is true, and the fact that I keep having to say it because of a small group of vocal people with a disproportionate influence on the boards is very saddening to me.

If Fel didn't fel there would've been no need for incentives because people would never have left. People left, hence incentives were needed, and they've all failed long-term. Hence people ask for more, hence this thread.

Fel is still around because of UO's past and because of the disproportionate influence on the boards of its dwindling population.

-Galen's player

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We'll never have one either due to the fact the tram ruleset players are so afraid fel will get something they won't.

These threads ALWAYS get negative posts and totally derailed from people that have no intent of ever playing where we do. Maybe i should start posting in the gimme gimme gimme tram ruleset threads even though the only time i go is to stock my luna vendor?
If Fel is so great then why do you need goodies there to entice players to go there. You are more then welcome to play anywhere you want but please do not try to insult us with posts that are nothing more then luring sheep to Fel.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If Fel is so great then why do you need goodies there to entice players to go there. You are more then welcome to play anywhere you want but please do not try to insult us with posts that are nothing more then luring sheep to Fel.
Lythos doesn't say much, but he's a pretty insightful guy. Also the danzig skull is awesome.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speed up skill gains by 25% and people will play in Fel for the few days or weeks it takes to max their skills, then they will leave Fel behind and scarcely think of it again. Why would the Dev's put coding time into something like this? Trammy bait to draw in in more players from Trammel doesn't work. The Supersuited PKers & the thieves there make sure it won't.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
LOL Very insightful "productive fel thread" IE "We need more sheep in Fel because it is such a great place to play"
If we take this one post he put and put it out of context of everything he's mentioned, sure, it doesn't seem insightful at all. He usually offers suggestions in his posts (the ones that I've read), and doesn't resort to petty name calling and bickering over semantics, and reasons why he sticks up for something. Also, it's only my opinion. Meow.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never, not even once, mentioned fel getting any reward that tram rulesets don't already have. You can search every one of my posts, it's never been mentioned. My post in this very thread is to revitalize pvp while giving fel the items we never even had by doing what we like..which is pvp. It'll take our pvpers out of medusa, out of navery and out of lady mel and bring them where they want to be...in fel.

It disgusts me how people act on here towards fel players.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Get back to me when there's a "productive Fel thread" that isn't just you guys begging the developers to trick/force people to go to your dead facet.

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that an odd comment to make. Considering the UO population is not ever going to see an influx of new players, the only reason for making Fel more enticing is to get those who play the Trammel ruleset to come to Fel. But your comment makes it sound like you don't want the opinions of the very players who avoid the Felucca shard? Kind of an odd approach to ask players to come to Fel but tell them to stay silent on the issue of why they're not coming to Fel ... how's that working out for you?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that an odd comment to make. Considering the UO population is not ever going to see an influx of new players, the only reason for making Fel more enticing is to get those who play the Trammel ruleset to come to Fel. But your comment makes it sound like you don't want the opinions of the very players who avoid the Felucca shard? Kind of an odd approach to ask players to come to Fel but tell them to stay silent on the issue of why they're not coming to Fel ... how's that working out for you?
I personally haven't asked anyone new to come to fel. I know for a fact half the pvp playerbase grinds the underworld out of boredom waiting on the call that there's pvp. Another good portion is just waiting on their former guildmates to send that icq that pvp is hopping again so they can reactivate.

Seems like you didn't even bother to read my 1st post here when i was against the op's suggestion because taming would make it a pk fest. Read a little before you make blind assumptions on my intentions.

Fel doesn't want you or your herd of sheep. Fel wants to pull it's playerbase out of YOUR ruleset and back where it belongs. Revamping the only spawn notorious for drawing pvp with hopes of items tram ruleset ALREADY has sure doesn't seem like "luring sheep to fel" to me.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enough said!

You're looking down on a barrel of a bent pole
Take my hand, I promise that I'll go slow
When you dangle a carrot for a promise
You will have some doubting Thomas
Maybe a more indepth thought
Wont leave so many distraught.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Excuse me where did I resort to petty name call to Lythos.
I never said you accused him of such, but I am trying to illustrate that Lythos does not usually resort to that type of behavior. He usually doesn't just get in and say things like

THIS THREAD IS DUMB.
or say things merely to degrade or insult individuals because they think it's a solid form of communication. I can go grab a few quotes from other threads if I need to.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never, not even once, mentioned fel getting any reward that tram rulesets don't already have. You can search every one of my posts, it's never been mentioned. My post in this very thread is to revitalize pvp while giving fel the items we never even had by doing what we like..which is pvp. It'll take our pvpers out of medusa, out of navery and out of lady mel and bring them where they want to be...in fel.

It disgusts me how people act on here towards fel players.
No you did not ask for this but yet you support it by stating
This is not a productive fel thread, it is a lure thread. You may not ask for this stuff but you do openly support it.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure it may bring a few characters skilling up to Fel, but what does that actually accomplish? It doesn't really add to Fel in any meaningful way. It's not about getting raw numbers into Felucca, it's about revamping PvP generally to improve it and make it more attractive to dip in to for veterans and casual folks alike through appropriate incentives and balancing the playing field.

While open world PvP is pretty much the only type of PvP that exists right now, there's often little incentive to do it other than for pure PvP sake. It's frankly stale. Non-official shards have implemented all manner of PvP mini games like Capture the Flag events, King of the Hill, Last Man Standing, Team Arenas, Dungeon Challenges, etc. and I don't see any reason why there cannot be other avenues of PvP similar to this here. Appropriately incentivized, these could provide fresh challenges and may provide a quicker and more casual route into PvP for those who normally wouldn't try it. It would also offer hopefully continual opportunities to PvP which are sometimes lacking, leading to situations as mentioned above when predominantly PvP players are basically sitting around in-game waiting to be informed about random PvP happenings so they can join in which don't always manifest.

On that note, let's not kid ourselves into believing UO's population as a whole is still healthy; the PvP contingent less so. If you implement any of what I've said above on a per shard basis then they would just be yet more unused systems sitting around gathering dust. There needs to be a seamless method implemented to bring players together momentarily to participate in any of the above, regardless of which shard you're queuing from. Cross-shard PvP areas or zones would alone be a significant boost to the amount of potential PvP happening at any given time. Providing activities on top of that could capitalize on that further.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I go to Fel all the time. In fact, I use a NON-combat character in Fel... why? Because my miner knows two areas to mine in complete safety and still yield double resources. Depending on the cycle of my playing, doing so accounts for about 25-33% of my UO gaming.

That being said...

The ONLY way I see Fel really being repopulated is by simply getting rid of the Non-Con PvP ruleset. Not getting rid of PvP mind you, but getting rid of the Non-Con portion and having guildwars, arenas, and Factions (or its replacement) be the PvP "draw". Now, before you start pounding away on the keyboard, know that I do NOT think they should do this, but I recognize that it probably is the only way that they'll get Fel repopulated.

The days of pure non-con PvP in a game that was not COMPLETELY designed for it (and in many cases games that are based on MMO history) are simply gone. They died when Everquest released and gave people the first choice (which they made in DROVES). You're NOT going to get a non-PvP player to be pushed into a PvP/PK environment again. The market has evolved past that point.

Finally, the implementation of UO:R, long ago as it has now become (remember that people born when UO:R was released about about to become teenagers, dial-up was still the norm and we had just passed by the Y2K "bug"), was flawed in itself. Fel would have STAYED active had at the very least the rulesets been reversed and the smaller portion of the playerbase been pushed to the new facet. Secondarily, had the devs then not done the (not a) Mirror trick and actually had created new facets to handle the need for new housing and the need for open PvP, there may not have been need to break up the existing player communities of the time. Unfortunately, it's faaar too late to fix long-past mistakes.

Personally, I think they should DITCH all of the "lures" and double this and double that to try and bring people into Fel and have the land stand on its own merits. The presence of non-con PvP does NOT cause the trees to produce more wood or the mountains to produce more ore. An orc* in Fel is the same as an orc* in Tram or any other facet for that matter, so why should their loot be any different?