• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vote, vote, vote! There's a poll on the official forums for Siege players.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we don't think all the problems are caused by gil. assumptions yall make a lot of them. like bo just typed in gil in the forums search the only negative comment was max saying "I blame gil" obviously he was being cheeky. No one is blaming anyone, what some of us are trying to do is bring forth ideas to bring up the population. incase you people haven't noticed the siege population is really low right now. Than those ideas are automatically rejected by some because of the person or the group that person who thought of said idea belongs to. Saying these ideas are selfish, when clearly if logic was used they aren't is in itself selfish.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bo: “The reason being is your guild as of last count had 281 members. Y'all have controlled of lot of things around here”

Bo: “No one is blaming anyone”

I think the accuracy of your statements is questionably.

Bo: “Incase you people haven’t noticed the siege population is very low right now”

I actually haven’t noticed. The hunting parties I regularly join are just as full as usual, and we run into Vice just as often, and my vendor sales are actually up, just now. I do expect a summer time dip in activity as more people spend more time outside. But that seems normal, to me.

These “ideas” that keep being poll every six months, or so, are nothing new. Neither are the results. I think it’s silly to ask the same questions over and over, then act all offended when you get the same answers. I believe Einstein would have called such behavior insane.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you really think that all 281 members are active? The guild was formed 10 yrs ago.
Guild members are not told how to vote, they are free to vote as they wish.
Have you read your discord? There is a good amount of Gil bashing going on almost daily.
You want Gil to be more community minded and join in events but when they show up you kill them.
Then state that we are anti social.
why do you all object to our just doing our own thing since your actions seem to suggest you don't want us
at any events and such?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Daily gil bashing?? where can you please point this out to the bo? have you read our discord or are you taking someone else's word on it?? bo's bet is you haven't.

wow creeger can take two separate posts with 2 quotes out of it and twist it around. nice work. their are several new ideas in that pole, maybe not new but they certainly haven't been discussed on a global level. You see the VVV arties and think that is all we want.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No blaming? No bashing?

Ok, let me pick just one of the funnier examples. Best of Discord, Part 1:

Did you know, Torin (GIL) made the public hub to control the shard!

LOL

And the funniest thing is: Some really believe this nonsense... Muahahaha.

Want more? I cant stop laughing...

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have been in there every day,and i said almost daily.
Some of the remarks are just snide remarks that have a negative connotation about Gil.
Some are blaming Gil for everything wrong on the shard.
I usually end up just shaking my head and logging out.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeeaah... that made zero sense.
At least you got the L-word in there. Means your true salty you is starting to show again. "Nothing but luv", eh?
Are we really gonna do the back and forth thing again? The last time it just ended with you burying your head in the sand.
So to be proactive, I´ll just stop here.

It made zero sense to you because you lack in comprehension. Looks like ya got it a bit twisted lil sister. You misinterpreted my boredom of your lackluster talk with your twisted thinking. I completely forgot about that thread until you brought it up. I guess you have had it spinning around and festering in your lil brain since then. I agree you need to just stop!

As to the love for the shard >>>>> upload_2017-12-2_10-36-27.jpeg

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No blaming? No bashing?

Ok, let me pick just one of the funnier examples. Best of Discord, Part 1:

Did you know, Torin (GIL) made the public hub to control the shard!

LOL

And the funniest thing is: Some really believe this nonsense... Muahahaha.

Want more? I cant stop laughing...
yeah that isn't bashing anyone, that is a meathead saying something stupid, or someone being sarcastic. She said daily gil bashing. Bo is still waitin for the Daily Bashing

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been in there every day,and i said almost daily.
Some of the remarks are just snide remarks that have a negative connotation about Gil.
Some are blaming Gil for everything wrong on the shard.
I usually end up just shaking my head and logging out.
when you are part of the largest guild on the shard, not by just a few people but by a lot, what do you expect. than to have your guild basically make the vvv arties not happen on this shard. ya you should expect some flack.
We make fun of ourselves and each other far more than you. Have you seen the pic max posted saying it was Bo??

Last edited:

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bo: “Daily Gil bashing?? where can you please point this out to the Bo?”

Bo: “ya you should expect some flack.”

Well which is it, Bo? Gil bashing doesn’t happen, or we should expect flack?

You make this too easy.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go back and read the entire sentence you love to pull out part of it.
expecting flack from getting the vvv arties pulled from the shard and daily bashing are not even close. you comparison doesn't work. nice try
instead of tryin to pull apart what Bo said, go back and find this daily bashing yall are talking about. Bo went back in and typed GIL in the search and didn't find all the bad things one of you said would be there.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's my take on this, I will always have a problem with players who don't actually play on Siege, voting on shard changes. Anyone who says votes aren't unbalanced by this tactic aren't being truthful.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What does that even mean, GG? That is just some of words.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It means I log in on Great Lakes about once a year, and because of that I don't vote for or against any shards issues.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo: “Daily Gil bashing?? where can you please point this out to the Bo?”

Bo: “ya you should expect some flack.”

Well which is it, Bo? Gil bashing doesn’t happen, or we should expect flack?

You make this too easy.
The only one bashing GIL in this entire thread was me, and it's the truth. As far as Discord, we encouraged y'all to join and have fun. However, you didn't. There's no more GIL bashing than there is Billy, Riki, Nightstalker or any other person bashing. Everyone gets it once in a while. Chargar has been in chats and she's a delight to talk to. You, Malloc, and others all have sticks up your old asses. Plain and simple.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn´t know joining your discord channel was mandatory?

Perhaps this is the type of misinformation Kelmo was referring to...?
What? Members of your own guild have explicitly said most GIL will not join the public channel because they do not like any members, nor do they have any desire to try to work together with any member of VICE. So they chose to close themselves off and isolate themselves into their own little bubble.

Not misinformation. That is fact.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You like facts? Here's some.

Fact: The Vice Alliance is our enemy, by their choice.
Fact: The "public" Discord is actually Vice's.
Fact: You don't like us.
Fact: We don't like you. (I'm generalizing, of course. Perhaps some of each side do like the other. I'm just not aware of it.)

I'm surprised that you're surprised we don't hang out on your voice chat.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Le Sigh. I will speak for the entire VICE alliance when I say we don't hate anyone.

You interpret our killing of your characters as us hating you, which is wildly inaccurate. That's the game we play, especially on Siege! That's kind of the point... It's open warfare everywhere.

Fact 1: The VICE alliance is your enemy. Of course. You're the "good guys" and we're the band of "bad guys". So yes, that is by our choice.
Fact 2: The Public discord is used more by rando players of Siege Perilous (Provincia, Gu, Riki, Siege Perilous... to name a few) than by VICE. But we are frequently in it.
Fact 3: We DO like you guys. We scratch our heads when characters like Malloc, Tera Haxxor, and others are always angry and pissed off at the world. But we don't hate anyone. Hell, I'm always looking for special/specific items to buy. i wish y'all didn't have a stick up your butt so I could get my hands on some good items I know are in your chests.
Fact 4: That's quite sad then. Other than back and forth banter, no one in VICE has gone out of their way to grief a member of GIL in an effort to force them off the shard, make them quit, or belittle them personally in any way. Do we kill you? Yes. Do we steal from you? Absolutely. Will we compete with you at EM / global events? You bet your ass. But that's the game.. it's not because we hate you.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freelsy, with all respect: Generalized in this fashion, not all of your statements are true. It is a proof for the sincerity of your character that you believe in the good heart of your fellow players. Strangely, I like you somehow ;) (even though I dont think it is reciprocal). I dont think you are mean, not at all. I think, we annoy each other sometimes. That´s okay.

But I know from their behaviour and their words that certain players in your team deeply dislike some of us and enjoy it very much to grief them. I said it many times, it is not about killing or even looting and not about different opinions. Its about constant aggression in words and behaviour.

About the Discord: If you have 12 hours a day of which you are at work for 9 and care for your kids/family/friends for 2. And you have 1 h left for some relaxation. Why should you choose to spend this little amount of time with people you know they dislike you and try to ruin your time? Is there any logic behind it? Many of us are just trying to have a good time with friendly folks. Thats why we stick together and do our own thing. As soon as I openly communicate anything, a certain player will show up and ruin my efforts. So, am I anti-social when I prefer to be quiet to avoid aggression?

Oh dear, believe me how much I would love to run public events again and join EM-hunts or other public stuff. But, as Becca stated, we dont feel welcome there… Not at all...

Last edited:

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm just not grasping the sensibilities of the results (up to this date) of at least a couple of the poll choices. For #2. Add VvV artifacts? Almost 68% (out of 53 voters) voted NO to this, yet everyone would have the choice of whether or not to join VvV and obtain said artifacts, so this would be fair to all current and future Siege players. For #6. Should ALL items (with mods) currently blessed on SP have the blessing removed? Almost 70% (out of 53 voters) voted NO to this, yet these items are not available to everyone, both current and future players, so you either have these items or you don't. We weren't meant to have blessed items with mods, so the blessing should be removed. For me, allowing VvV artifacts is fair (which most don't want) and having blessed items with mods is not fair (which most do want) Are some players simply being selfish here? What am I not understanding? Help!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're voting against VvV artifacts, I believe, because they won't be useable by all, only by VvV. I think if they were useable by anyone and everyone, then it would be an almost unanimous Yes vote. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're voting against VvV artifacts, I believe, because they won't be useable by all, only by VvV. I think if they were useable by anyone and everyone, then it would be an almost unanimous Yes vote. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
I think you are spot on!

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, those voting against the artifacts: they live a few seconds longer if the player battering them has no VvV artifact? I know I for one would be kicking the bucket either way, so what's the big deal? Any opinions on why they want the blessed items with mods on that anyone and everyone can't have? There's a contradiction with these voting results in my opinion.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you are right, Garth!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, those voting against the artifacts: they live a few seconds longer if the player battering them has no VvV artifact? I know I for one would be kicking the bucket either way, so what's the big deal? Any opinions on why they want the blessed items with mods on that anyone and everyone can't have? There's a contradiction with these voting results in my opinion.
No contradiction here, if you ask me. Everyone and anyone can have the books and use them. If he/she had participated in the respective event or bought one or a couple now. Same with the Tome. There are many items no longer available, but I can understand that some people dont like that argument and it is not necessary to fight this fight again (Bane Dragons, Dread Warhorses, for example: Bonded, they are just like blessed items; Abyss houses, rubble and so on, an endless list). I know the arguments of the other side. They are plausible, we dont need to repeat those. But I just dont share them. Some say, thats selfish. I say: Thats how the game has always been. Some people collect unique items, nobody else has. I want a "Petrified Matriarch´s Tongue" - but I cant get one. Thats life! If I was UO god, I would put those books or other stuff on the Clean Up-list. And many more items!

Last edited:

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mez c diz turnd inta moztly uh bidch fezt but. Mez liked da idea way bak ub da 2 houzez. Ip yooz pick Siege ta b yooz 2nd den datz ware yooz ad. Az fur da idea ub demz lozin subskribshunz. Mez nawt shur dey wood eben loze much. Hummiez gunna plaze 2nd homez on shardz dey wanna play on. Maybe eben git sum ub da udder ded shardz uh liddle more actib. Siege shoodn hab ta b da trailer park ub UO wit empby homez n bare plotz wen derz hummiez dat wood lub to play der n juzt dun hab da space fur sumtin udder den uh liddle shak.

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No contradiction here, if you ask me. Everyone and anyone can have the books and use them. If he/she had participated in the respective event or bought one or a couple now. Same with the Tome. There are many items no longer available, but I can understand that some people dont like that argument and it is not necessary to fight this fight again (Bane Dragons, Dread Warhorses, for example: Bonded, they are just like blessed items; Abyss houses, rubble and so on, an endless list). I know the arguments of the other side. They are plausible, we dont need to repeat those. But I just dont share them. Some say, thats selfish. I say: Thats how the game has always been. Some people collect unique items, nobody else has. I want a "Petrified Matriarch´s Tongue" - but I cant get one. Thats life!
Of course it's a contradiction. Read what you just typed. Everyone and anyone 'could' have had the books and use them 'if' they had been at a certain event. It's past tense. VvV artifacts 'would' be available to everyone and anyone 'if' they choose to join VvV, that would be future tense.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh n fur da rekord. Mez dun play der much but mez duz enjoy wen mez duz. Mez alzo dun vote on stupp like diz cuz mez nawt uh full time player. Mez prolly guilty too. Mez habz uh houze on Siege n ip wez had uh 2nd houze on accountz mez wood keep da wun mez habz der. Az grate az id wood b ta hab player imput inta da gamez. Da develuberz er wuteber dey iz need ta step ub n do wutz bezt fur der game insted ub makin hummiez habby.
Ooooh shiney *runs away*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course it's a contradiction. Read what you just typed. Everyone and anyone 'could' have had the books and use them 'if' they had been at a certain event. It's past tense. VvV artifacts 'would' be available to everyone and anyone 'if' they choose to join VvV, that would be future tense.
No, because if you cant or dont want to join VvV, you cant get the items. Why replacing one system with past conditions for one with future conditions? :gee: I simply would not connect both issues. They are different. Different systems and events. I would rather argue for repeating those events, making more invasions with those and similar items, for turning on ToT and so on.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If he/she had participated in the respective event or bought one or a couple now.
you pretend there is an infinite number of those blessed invasion books while in fact there isn't. You are wrong when you claim people can just buy them. They can now but give it a bit more time and there won't be any available.
We had that situation before by the way. The old invasion books that were also blessed. Those have not been available for years and noone was selling them.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you pretend there is an infinite number of those blessed invasion books while in fact there isn't. You are wrong when you claim people can just buy them. They can now but give it a bit more time and there won't be any available.
We had that situation before by the way. The old invasion books that were also blessed. Those have not been available for years and noone was selling them.
As I have said before - there are sooo many of those event books on the shard (not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of TOT books and the books from the past events) that someone like BO and many others could supply new players for the next twenty years.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This! And I just bought an Elemental Slayer Invasion Book for 100k from an auction safe...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What? Members of your own guild have explicitly said most GIL will not join the public channel because they do not like any members, nor do they have any desire to try to work together with any member of VICE. So they chose to close themselves off and isolate themselves into their own little bubble.

Not misinformation. That is fact.
I don´t know about you but to me there´s a clear difference between

I'm tired of nothing happening because a certain guild can't come out of their shadows to help move the shard forward. They're a bunch of old asses set in their way. Hell, they don't even join the public discord because they're so jaded by everything.
and

Members of your own guild have explicitly said most GIL will not join the public channel because they do not like any members, nor do they have any desire to try to work together with any member of VICE. So they chose to close themselves off and isolate themselves into their own little bubble.
as the first one make it sound like "GIL won´t join the public discord because of one reason" plus that it´s a required thing to do, whereas the second one states that "some of the GIL members won´t join because of varius reasons".
So yeah, misleading.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted no to removing the blessing from event spellbooks but only in context with also increasing the Siege Bless above only one. It's a little hypocritical to say "no" to increasing the number of Siege Blessing while at the same time running around with a very OP "blessed" spellbook. I think keeping the blessing on the spellbook is ok as long as everyone could have two Siege Blessed items and the spellbooks count as one.

As far as the spellbooks being just like all the other old stuff current/new players cannot attain, well no, it's NOT the same. I've never seen anyone running around with "blessed" rubble in their hands. Making the spellbooks available again would be another option. Create a new invasion. Add them to cleanup or Blackthorns. There are options other than fighting about on the forums. The devs just need to do their job.

Bonded pets is a dilemma too. On prodo with players having full legendary artifact suits pets are less of a problem for pvpr's. Here though with most wearing imbued gear and one SB item, then the pets are much more deadly. If everyone could have two blessed items then a bonded pet should probably count as one.

The one that baffles me the most is #5 "Should second houses on SP have to be periodically refreshed?"

Now I understand that in addition to prodo shard players placing a house on Siege, Siege players were also able to place a second house on a prodo shard. So really the question isn't should all second houses on SP have to be refreshed but should ALL second houses no matter which shard they are on, have to be refreshed periodically? I have houses on prodo shards and SP. I'm more than willing and capable of deciding which to set as primary and to have to remember to refresh the other one. I like 60 days, but 90 or 120 are fine too. C'mon, who can't login and refresh a house once every four months if it really means anything to you? Heck make it six months, fine, but it's absolutely ridiculous how many empty plots and plots with a one level shack with nothing in it, there are on SP. This is directly and negatively affecting Siege. There's hundreds of good spots taken by someone who has never returned to play SP. From my travels around the shard I think there's even a keep or two that are second houses forgotten.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Housing: Plain and simple - not gonna happen. No matter what model we favor, they will not touch it again. I am 100 percent convinced.

About "blessed rubble": It was a comparison. To some players, rare deco is more important than rare wearbles. I am one of those.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I have said before - there are sooo many of those event books on the shard (not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of TOT books and the books from the past events) that someone like BO and many others could supply new players for the next twenty years.
You weren't able to buy the first blessed invasion books for years unless you had a guildmate with an extra book. I know because I tried to buy some for a friend back in 2015 or 16.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i got many of both types doing the event and sold one or two whenever i needed additional gold. I also sold a few ToT books. People like to hoard them a bit to keep the price high kinda like people hoarding scrolls etc.

Did you try to buy them as a Blackoak or as a sinister or a draft choice to be named latter? I know some players refuse to sell to pkers.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i got many of both types doing the event and sold one or two whenever i needed additional gold. I also sold a few ToT books. People like to hoard them a bit to keep the price high kinda like people hoarding scrolls etc.

Did you try to buy them as a Blackoak or as a sinister or a draft choice to be named latter? I know some players refuse to sell to pkers.
you do know that I didn't just start playing Siege, right? o_O

also I don't quite understand what there is to argue about the fact that there is a finite number of said invasion books (old and new ones) and at some point they won't be available to players, not even for gold.

If you don't see how much of an imbalance that creates then I really can't help you :(

and yes, this also goes for rubble etc. - as annoying as that is, at least those don't give you an advantage in PvP or PvM over players who don't have them.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I hope that the potential civil discussions based on these posts and the results of the polls are not wasted.