• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vote, vote, vote! There's a poll on the official forums for Siege players.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voted „no“ to all...

This voting threads coming far to often.
Siege is good like it is!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege is good like it is!
if you're playing a crafter or a stealth char and do PvM only maybe. If you're interested in any other aspect of the game Siege is definitely not good the way it is because some aspects of it are simply broken.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest everybody to thoroughly about who will benefit from certain changes. It´s not "the community", that´s for sure. ;)

While they are talking about poor newcomers they are just interested in getting more loot from their victims, be it newcomers or others. They call people with other opinions selfish while they are planning to rob you. Thats the kind of altruism you can expect from bullies. Gladly, the voting speaks a clear language.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Says Mr "all about the community" who wants to keep his invasion spellbooks blessed while new players can't have any.
How about you explain to the community how changes that affect EVERY player are magically only benefiting one sort of playstyle?

All you ever do is say no for selfish reasons which you then try to cover up as something that will benefit the community...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would suggest everybody to thoroughly about who will benefit from certain changes. It´s not "the community", that´s for sure. ;)

While they are talking about poor newcomers they are just interested in getting more loot from their victims, be it newcomers or others. They call people with other opinions selfish while they are planning to rob you. Thats the kind of altruism you can expect from bullies. Gladly, the voting speaks a clear language.
Doc these changes are not just for one side or they other, they are for everyone. anyone can take advantage of every single one of them. let's take the passive detect for instance, right now all the assassins can sneak up behind you and kill you with no real chance of being revealed unless you are actively using detect. or you can be snuck up on and snooped and have that arti or ps stolen that you just worked a couple of hours farming, without knowing the Thief was even there. with passive detect you have a chance to reveal that Thief/assassin and survive/keep your loot. it isn't just for the pk to find the steatlher trying to make it to the bank or their house without dying. so i will have to disagree with you on this. these changes could be good for all of us if implemented. in case you are wondering, personally i could care less what happens as I will play Siege no matter what because that's where my heart is, but i realize that a lot of people want some of these things so i will accept the fact that they have the right to ask as often as they want, and have the right to not be harassed about it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you, Vic! And I gave 4 x yes and 4 x no to the proposals. I am all for certain changes. My criticism was about blessing and the insinuation of selfishness on the official forum.

About reveal/dectect: Thats a minor problem for me. My major issues are blessings (I like more!) and housing (Timers should not be too short).

With regard to harrassment: I was generally speaking, not harassing anyone personally. I cant even read what certain people are writing cuz I am ignoring them here for months now. So I dont read their replies and I dont react to them. Keeping out of such discussions and being polite is Gilfane-rule!

But I cant remember having harrassed anybody while harrassing me has become a new kind of sports... Just have a look at how certain indivudals reacted on my refusal to join a privately managed server... Whatever.

Back to your post: I find your arguments convincing but prefer to keep detect/reveal the way it is.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with you, Vic! And I gave 4 x yes and 4 x no to the proposals. I am all for certain changes. My criticism was about blessing and the insinuation of selfishness on the official forum.

About reveal/dectect: Thats a minor problem for me. My major issues are blessings (I like more!) and housing (Timers should not be too short).

With regard to harrassment: I was generally speaking, not harassing anyone personally. I cant even read what certain people are writing cuz I am ignoring them here for months now. So I dont read their replies and I dont react to them. Keeping out of such discussions and being polite is Gilfane-rule!

But I cant remember having harrassed anybody while harrassing me has become a new kind of sports... Just have a look at how certain indivudals reacted on my refusal to join a privately managed bully server... Whatever.

Back to your post: I find your arguments convincing but prefer to keep detect/reveal the way it is.
the harrasment was a general statement no specific target intended.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, all fine! I will check how the detect/reveal changes would work. Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a year-ish now since we had a poll. So props to Ezekiel for stepping up and creating one. Things change and it's a good to reexamine old policies from time to time. I read each question and voted accordingly. I believe this multi-poll is community oriented, what effects one affects us all. It is hard to get a honest poll feedback from the actual community though. People start collecting votes from out side the shard the poll will be tainted, its happened before in more then one occasion. Now if UO gods could do a ingame poll when I log in, I would have more hope for change!

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BD, that would be shocking! Are you sure about that?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you define a secondary house on Siege Perilous? Why do you want to punish all those Siegers who have placed houses elsewhere to hang around with mates who left Siege or simply to attend events on a different shard which is in their own time zone?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you define a secondary house on Siege Perilous? Why do you want to punish all those Siegers who have placed houses elsewhere to hang around with mates who left Siege or simply to attend events on a different shard which is in their own time zone?
They'd have to give every player the "Set this house as primary" option and Siege players would have to refresh whatever second house they have placed on a production shard. The difference is that Siege players have second houses spread out around many shards, maybe quite a few are on Atlantic, but ALL production players' second houses are on Siege.

Bear in mind this is NOT my preferred option. I've always asked for a second house per account on ANY shard. No refreshing necessary. With that, all these empty plots and plots with one room shacks on them would disappear quickly from Siege. We'd have an IDOC hurricane.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mechanism is already there, to set house as primary in the house menu, it is for grandfathered housing to make it primary and let all the others start decaying. they could do a "make secondary which would cause that house start decaying" just a thought.

upload_2019-4-5_12-57-19.png

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given the wastelands on many shards, Ezekiels suggestion would be best. I have been asking for a 2nd permanent house (no refresh) on ANY shard for years. All the dirtplots would go away within hours.... I would absolutely love this change!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay everyone I am going to speak to the ultimate phrase now............"Boom Shakalak"...,

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screw the polls. Ultimately, the result will remain the same. It's the same cadre of players that vote down every proposal. The UO Developers need to do their damn job and fully examine the shard and the mess they've created over the years. Then change or alter the rules. There can be no more "we'll leave it to the citizens of Siege"... no... F**K that. Do your job and try to fix the place. Will it piss people off? Sure. Will everyone have to make considerations" sure. I'm tired of nothing happening because a certain guild can't come out of their shadows to help move the shard forward. They're a bunch of old asses set in their way. Hell, they don't even join the public discord because they're so jaded by everything.

VvV artifacts are not on Siege because EIGHT people showed up to a meet and greet and voiced their concern. EIGHT PEOPLE!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just want to point out that giving accounts a second house would likely result in fewer subs. At least two of my accounts have only remained open to hold specific houses. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Ceronis Liadon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*chuckles*
Way to contribute to the conversation, kelmo.

I think Asty hit the nail on the head; Leaving it up to the players is a poor decision because we are looking out for our best interests, not the shard's or the game's. Not to say we shouldn't give feedback but let's face it, no matter how much we think we're outside the box, we're not.

Maybe the devs could show some competency and make some siege specific changes without clearing it with the mob first? I dunno, seems like a basic line on the job description to me. Or we could continue to let the only guild that regularly takes their toys and plays alone in the corner run the shard.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm bothering to post this. I guess I haven't been flamed in a while? I digress.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can’t help but notice that once the poll results started looking like they weren’t going in your favor, it’s suddenly become a bad idea to listen to the poll...

I believe if the results were going in your favor, you’d be screaming at the top of your voice that the people have spoken, citing this poll as your proof.

I’ve observed you attacking the poll, the devs, and my guild when you don’t get your way. So long as you behave this way, I can’t take your argument seriously.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sorry, I can not help myself sometimes. I have been asked/told by some few players to shut the hell up and let others have a say. I feel I have done that over the past couple of years. Except for the one occasion on Siege blessing... but I digress.

I can only laugh at the disinformation being used sometimes.

Ceronis Liadon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I can’t help but notice that once the poll results started looking like they weren’t going in your favor, it’s suddenly become a bad idea to listen to the poll...

I believe if the results were going in your favor, you’d be screaming at the top of your voice that the people have spoken, citing this poll as your proof.

I’ve observed you attacking the poll, the devs, and my guild when you don’t get your way. So long as you behave this way, I can’t take your argument seriously.
Suddenly? When did I?... Okay, whatever man. You're obviously putting your own spin on what I say, so I wouldn't begin to imagine you would take my opinion seriously. It's impossible to take any opinion seriously when you're constantly on the defensive. Stay in your corner and keep shouting "us vs them"; that's exactly the progressive response I should expect.

Thanks for the flaming, I love being proven right.

Ceronis Liadon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, I can not help myself sometimes. I have been asked/told by some few players to shut the hell up and let others have a say. I feel I have done that over the past couple of years. Except for the one occasion on Siege blessing... but I digress.

I can only laugh at the disinformation being used sometimes.
No need to apologise, I can appreciate an above-the-fray attitude, but some times it comes across as condescending? I dunno, I've been gone a long time and have never felt particularly welcomed here so maybe I'm adding context that's not there.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suddenly? When did I?... Okay, whatever man. You're obviously putting your own spin on what I say, so I wouldn't begin to imagine you would take my opinion seriously. It's impossible to take any opinion seriously when you're constantly on the defensive. Stay in your corner and keep shouting "us vs them"; that's exactly the progressive response I should expect.

Thanks for the flaming, I love being proven right.
I think, Creeger was rather generally speaking - I am not sure if he meant you, personally.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

How do you know his favor? So are you saying your guild votes all the same on these issues? since you tend to think we all vote a certain way, is that what y'all do? That's interesting and a problem all wrapped into one. The reason being is your guild as of last count had 281 members. Y'all have controlled of lot of things around here due to those numbers and the shard hasn't picked up.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’ve been reading this forum everyday for years. I don’t think anyone involved in this thread have kept their “favor” a big secret.

You can play dumb if you like, Bo. You’re not fooling me.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve been reading this forum everyday for years. I don’t think anyone involved in this thread have kept their “favor” a big secret.

You can play dumb if you like, Bo. You’re not fooling me.
So you can speak for the how Ceronis feels? after what 10 -11 posts

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone from any where knows this to be a matter of fact, it is always their fault. It's like the 11th commandment or something. *laughs* Welp that about does it for this years poll, we all have come full circle. Thanks for the brief amusement all!

Nothing but luv,

Baby Doll

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell, they don't even join the public discord because they're so jaded by everything.
I didn´t know joining your discord channel was mandatory?

Perhaps this is the type of misinformation Kelmo was referring to...?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, "jaded" is the wrong word. "Disgusted" is a bit more accurate, when I look at the constant belitteling, mockery, cheap jokes, defeatistic comments, swearing & cursing, accusations and conspiracy theories everywhere ("turds", "asses", "fxxx" and so on). Why should any sane mind would want to hear this sound 24/7...

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have to be disgusted with some of your own guildmembers as well then - maybe that's even what you meant when you said "everywhere".

swearing & cursing
quick sample from the last couple of weeks in no particular order: Malloc telling people to f*** off in general chat, Sannip calling me an a**hole in general chat, Terra Haxxor telling one of our members to go f*** himself (wasn't even the guy who killed him and at this time he wasn't even looted). The best one yet was when a GIL who's name I unfortunately can't remember called me a "lazy a** liberal" for killing her at an idoc near ice dungeon - that one really cracked me up.
Plenty of similar stories of other members too. Don't get me wrong, my feelings have not been hurt over this but I'd like to point out that GIL are just as guilty of the above as anybody else.

accusations and conspiracy theories
coming from a GIL member, this is rich hahaha the number one group of people to cry "cheater" at every occasion and who suspects everyone to conspire against them.

defeatistic comments
not even sure what exactly that is supposed to mean. Defeatist maybe? If so then that also applies to members of your own guild.

Please don't try to pass yourself and your guild off as anything special. You're all just the same as everybody else in most aspects.
What does make you (personally) special though, is that very specific combination of being extremely thin skinned and offended by every word, with that holier-than-thou attitude you like to display.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I never mentioned Ceronis' name. He apparently thinks everything is about him, and you seem convinced of that, as well. My first comment was targeted at Vice in general, but it was Freelsy that inspired me to comment at all.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
By the way, "jaded" is the wrong word. "Disgusted" is a bit more accurate, when I look at the constant belitteling, mockery, cheap jokes, defeatistic comments, swearing & cursing, accusations and conspiracy theories everywhere ("turds", "asses", "fxxx" and so on). Why should any sane mind would want to hear this sound 24/7...
Considering how much hate they display towards us they sure do seem to miss us in their discord... :D

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you have to be disgusted with some of your own guildmembers as well then - maybe that's even what you meant when you said "everywhere".

quick sample from the last couple of weeks in no particular order: Malloc telling people to f*** off in general chat, Sannip calling me an a**hole in general chat, Terra Haxxor telling one of our members to go f*** himself (wasn't even the guy who killed him and at this time he wasn't even looted). The best one yet was when a GIL who's name I unfortunately can't remember called me a "lazy a** liberal" for killing her at an idoc near ice dungeon - that one really cracked me up.
Plenty of similar stories of other members too. Don't get me wrong, my feelings have not been hurt over this but I'd like to point out that GIL are just as guilty of the above as anybody else.
Doc said 'constant'. Three cursewords doesn´t pass as constant whereas your alliance drop them frequently. Not that it bothers me personally, just trying to give readers a clearer picture.
And no, I don´t count the word ass.

coming from a GIL member, this is rich hahaha the number one group of people to cry "cheater" at every occasion and who suspects everyone to conspire against them.
Why do you use words like "every" and "everyone"? Is this more of the aforementioned misinformation?

Do people cheat? Yes. Do we sometimes out them? Yes.
Unlike you, as in you Max, who invite cheaters to Siege to interact with them we try and take a stand against them.
I suspect I am one of the more loud people when it comes to this. And when I call someone a cheater it is because I have either seen it first hand, seen screenshots of their gameplay or heard them confess it. And yes, even if someone should claim they were lying about it, not only would I still call them a cheater but I would also add stupid to their portfolio.

As for the other part, there are plenty of threads and posts on this forum who are very anti-GIL.
Anyone who´s been reading the Siege forum on a regular basis the last 5-10 years knows that that´s a fact. I suspect "GIL" would be a good searchword for anyone who wants to read them.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*DAMN* I typed the search word GIL like you said Tjalle and got "whining lil holier then thou snobs......".

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*DAMN* I typed the search word GIL like you said Tjalle and got "whining lil holier then thou snobs......".
I approve of your post because you prove my point. ;)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thats exactly what a true holier than thou loser would say! :cool: So tit for tat on proving points!
Yeeaah... that made zero sense.
At least you got the L-word in there. Means your true salty you is starting to show again. "Nothing but luv", eh?
Are we really gonna do the back and forth thing again? The last time it just ended with you burying your head in the sand.
So to be proactive, I´ll just stop here.

Ceronis Liadon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So you can speak for the how Ceronis feels? after what 10 -11 posts
I don't feel anything on stratics, king captain. I just fling poo with the rest because when in Rome...

Back to the topic at hand: The only one I'm even kind of sad is losing in it's poll is passive detect, simply because of how overpowered hiding and stealth are. If you disagree then we have a difference in opinion concerning the fundamentals in the concept of balance. The rest I'm actually okay with and can adapt to any changes that may happen. I'm not a huge fan of multiple characters per account, but whatever. I seriously doubt the mods would voluntarily axe their own number of subscribers.

Now the arties seem to be the hot topic. I don't play prodo so the VVV arties are something I'm ignorant of and can't really "miss" them. But the worry seems to be the increased strength in fighters over farmers. I think that goes against the spirit of siege, but fine; whatever. I don't need them. The gap between pvm and pvp, skill-wise, is so large that VVV arties are a moot point. But I want the nay-sayers to really consider what they're sacrificing. The worst case scenario is yes, the pks get stronger and survival because even harder. But the best case scenario is they add them and new fighters come to the shard. This means new recruits to help defend against those nasty pks. Maybe even win a few fights against a red? I dunno, I guess your guild needs enough personality to attract those recruits so maybe not taking that risk really is in your best interest.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I laugh a lot at these threads since one group of people think all the shard problems are caused by GIL and another group thinks all the problems are caused by VICE. If you guys and gals didn't have each other to hate, things might get boring on the shard!

**AJ wonders where the saying tit for tat originally came from**