• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Video Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not so sure. They don't mention it being a sneak peak. I think that was it.
There was quite a bit that was cut out by PR then, judging by the editing.
gods that has to be frustrating for them (Cal and Mesanna I mean).
Look at the OP guys, Cal pretty much summed it up. This is an edit of the whole State, and all we're going to get. There will be more information, though, when they stream the HoC in March.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at the OP guys, Cal pretty much summed it up. This is an edit of the whole State, and all we're going to get. There will be more information, though, when they stream the HoC in March.
Let's just hope they don't dip the audio when talking about juicy information!

W

Woodsman

gods that has to be frustrating for them (Cal and Mesanna I mean).
I would guesstimate there was probably at least 5+ minutes cut out. The opening alone tips you off that we aren't seeing the whole thing, and I get the feeling the classic shard and the EC and artwork was discussed a little bit more than what we see, or there were other things relating to them.

The nice thing about cutting to in-game footage with a voiceover is you don't see any visible edits/cuts.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was just a teaser video. Wait till tuesday Feb 30th errr I meant March 1st :p for the full video. You can tell there was much to be discussed not 2 sentences on each topic covered.

F

Fayled Dhreams

It was just a teaser video. Wait till tuesday Feb 30th errr I meant March 1st :p for the full video. You can tell there was much to be discussed not 2 sentences on each topic covered.
:lol: care to bet?

oops!
ya got nothing to lose ... offer withdrawn ... :lol:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wait till tuesday Feb 30th errr I meant March 1st :p for the full video.

That's the HoC chat, not the video diary release.

I have a feeling others are right... the two and a half minute video WAS the end result of the diary, but we might see that rectified in the HoC chat on Tuesday.

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, i was really surprised they added a video today on February 25th 2011, even though they said March 1st.

Looks good in video, but i'll believe it when i see it. if they add new players in game and the stay for a long time and not just 30 days. :(

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hi, i was really surprised they added a video today on February 25th 2011, even though they said March 1st.

Looks good in video, but i'll believe it when i see it. if they add new players in game and the stay for a long time and not just 30 days. :(
Lets try a little editing on the OP(original post ... first post >this thread< ... the thread starter ...)

Exclusive: Ultima Online Developer Diary Video - Ultima Online - Curse

This is a shortened version of the original. (that there in the linky ... thats the short version)

We will cover more information in the Video(Cast OF a) House of Commons ... February 30th.
They'll be "taking questions"? (unknown itsa "new fangled thang")
They'll be reading from the original script/s (unknown itsa "new fangled thang")
They are Cal and the imaginary mouse in his pocket
They are the ones late to work and/or drew short straws
*shrugs*(unknown cast ... itsa "new fangled thang")

Kidding! ... March 1st.

See you there,

- C
hmmmm .... no he won't ... unless its a Skype vid link ... errr
nope ... not even then ...*hangs head* no vid feed from me ... tsk!:gee:

J

jaashua

I have a feeling others are right... the two and a half minute video WAS the end result of the diary, but we might see that rectified in the HoC chat on Tuesday.
Ya. Man that's really sad. You got 15 year olds putting up videos with the same production values on Youtube on a semi-weekly basis.

I'm guessing it took them months to work out the phantom interviewer thing. Like Charlie Rose is off camera inquiring about what the future holds for Ultima Online.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't read any posts, but I thought the video was lame and without anything substantial. I watched it a second time to be sure I felt that way, but for a 2011 video plan it had nothing. I agree that all the topics should be addressed, but with all the talk about the video I expected more hype and content.

I liked Luscombe comments at the bottom of that web page though since there were more focused ideas there than the 2:25 minutes of video.

-Lorax

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

If you compare the Free To Play Everquest II and Free To Play LOTRO clients to the EC, rationally UO is the last game new players will try, and that isnt even taking into account the F2P aspect.
Yes, yes...we all get it. You don't want to pay for UO. Get over it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

i would also suggest taking a look at darkfall YouTube - Darkfall is coming, the closest mmo to old school uo, many current subscribers to darkfall have played uo from 97-99 and quit, this is what a game should look like this day and age and to me it definitely has an old school uo feel, felucca only, risk in everything you do, pks could be anywhere, full loot, no instances
While I understand where you are coming from...that wasn't my point. I was just talking about the graphics in NEW games vs. graphics in OLD games.

J

jaashua

"You know guys, one major problem we're having is that people pay $50 for the game and create an account on our site including their credit card info. Then they go to launch the game and have to wait 45 minutes to download patch updates at which point they become so frustrated that they stop the patching and uninstall the game, and post a negative blog entry about us on their Facebook page."

"I see. So you're saying that we have fewer new players because people find out after they've already bought the game that it takes 45 minutes to patch?"

"Exactly."

"I share your concern. Stop development of the enhanced client, let the bugs remain.......we're shifting development to create a starting area with limited mobs and textures for new players to play in while the game downloads. They don't have to wait while any other MMO they've tried patches after initial installation, do they? Then why should they here. I'm telling you, it will cause a stampede of new players once word gets out that you can play a mini version of the game while the game patches for 45 minutes when you launch it for the first time."

"I mean, we could just give them a free trial for Plants vs Zombies to play for those 45 minutes, but that wouldn't take us away from all this boring bug fixing and content addition stuff."

"Let's see those punks on Stratics complain about this gem of an idea."

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This idea was proposed 10 years ago, when it started to get long to update on a 56k...

we had tons of other ideas too, like how to prevent all hacking in the game, how to prevent excessive griefing... how to balance pvp...

We had it all worked up ; but they decided to put all in the same bag and fire the whole team, for that money problem (gold being sold on e-bay by game officials)

So because of this probably little punk of a GM who tought only about his own pocket (or ring of very very evil people conspiring and corrupting, not hard to imagine huh ?)...

The real geniuses, the creator of the wisp AI, the incredible social architects... and even lil old me that did some very special art and npc AI scripting...

we are told to go away... :lol: and back in 1999 we had events with 200 people and the lag was about as bad as it is today ! Ok ok maybe there are more graphics in memory, but does that really justify the inability for the pioneer in online gaming to handle 200 clients ?

H

Heartseeker

your giving them way to much credit :sad2:
Agreed...that video was double whopper with cheese.

Nothing new but empty promises.

I'm actually glad that there will be no classic shard, because they would just screw it up anyways....

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would still pay them to get the pleasure of knowing that if you go into the top hunting spots ; that you're in danger to be robbed.

Thats there is a dynamic balance...

That you don't come into the game knowing you can be everything, rather that you first feel the shard, take the time to see what crafters do business where, and then find your place, and become that character not because you had the "fake" freedom or should I say american dream... but because your soul was free in a sandbox.

Like a child that just found where he lost his marbles... even if it was an empty shard with no maintenance... heck they could even take a freeshard prototype and switch it on on an AD sponsored server... it's theirs after all !

:popcorn:

Z

Zodia

wow what a pathetic video. Lies, carrots and more BS.
It's almost as if it is a parody video. These people actually work in video game development? For a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.