• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Scheduled Maintenance 7/13/10 – All Shards

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update 7/14/10 - 12:00AM EST: Maintenance is complete - all shards are now open to players, welcome back and have fun!
YAY!

M

mjolnir131

they are not up here and not able to connect to the servers at all well i do get the patch server but nothing after that

J

James_Mythic

Also, I'll be watching this thread for a few more hours tonight should you guys spot anything odd or encounter any issues. This should not be the case but we want to ensure no problem arise.

Thanks all for your time and patience this evening and have a great night!

M

mjolnir131

Also, I'll be watching this thread for a few more hours tonight should you guys spot anything odd or encounter any issues. This should not be the case but we want to ensure no problem arise.

is odd like not being able to log on in EC?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Enhanced Client:

Network Error
Couldn't connect to Ultima Online
Please try again in a few moments

yeah... that's an issue.

T

Toolbox2010Leg

all assist macros cleared.... not sure if its something from your end that caused it or just coinsidence

J

James_Mythic

I've passed the word on about the EC, are you still unable to connect?

Thanks,

M

mjolnir131

with the message

"could not connect to ultima online. please try again in a few moments"

J

James_Mythic

Thanks all,

I'll update shortly once I have more information.

M

Malthus

Same here, just tried again to connect with EC and also can't. Getting the same message as above.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Scheduled Maintenance 7/13/10 - All Shards

If we see the Slasher wearing Hello Kitty Underpants at server up, we will know where they came from!

The Evil Hello Kitty underpants are safe! They survived the update, for a moment there I thought I'd have to get a group together and wrestle them back from the Slasher - whew!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... good (the most perfect upgrade in the history of UO - lol)

J

[JD]

verified- i'm getting "Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments" when I try to logon to the enhanced client.

edit: I CAN logon, with the classic client

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here....can connect with the old client, but not with the EC.

C

Cal_Mythic

Looking at issue with EC currently. :) Will try to have resolved as soon as we can.

- c

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG they cut funding so bad we lost the EC! JK i know you guys were hard at work tonight making updates to the backend, but you broke the front end and now we cant play. No use in DL the 2d would take forever to reset macros. Just keep us posted on your estimated fix for the EC please!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at issue with EC currently. :) Will try to have resolved as soon as we can.

- c
sooooo are you telling me you guys only tested stuff on the 2D client?

Tisk Tisk that sure sends a bad message since you dont' even use EC hahaha

C

Cal_Mythic

sooooo are you telling me you guys only tested stuff on the 2D client?

Tisk Tisk that sure sends a bad message since you dont' even use EC hahaha
Actually I use the EC .. it's probably a server config file mixup, and we'll have it resolved as soon as we can.

- c

L

LordZahn

Hey all,

We will be working to resolve the EC issues in the morning, at this time please use the Classic client. I am updating the Herald now to reflect this and will update again once the issue is resolved.

Best,
"at this time please use the Classic client." hmm..... how about NOoooo. I would rather try to eat soup with chopsticks.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To be fair Galen, we DID have warning and they are providing updates. Better to have spent this (soon to be past) evening engaged in a different activity (another game, movie, house work, etc etc etc) and give them time to get this migration done CORRECTLY instead of rushing it and logging into a gameplay and customer service NIGHTMARE.

EDIT: And of course the shards came up while I was posting this :p
To be fair, Dermott, my post was not in any way about the shards being down, or about it taking too long.

-Galen's player

G

Goonball FC

"at this time please use the Classic client." hmm..... how about NOoooo. I would rather try to eat soup with chopsticks.

yeah.. no soup for you. NOT cool, i understand issues, but the 2d client is ick

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? Considering that everything about the UI, from macros to screen resolution, has to be manually setup for each installation of each client, simply saying "Oh use the classic client for now" is not a viable option. And this isn't going to be looked at until morning? Seriously?

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House placement is unavailable on TC. Related? Unrelated?

H

huskiblu

Wow. They just totally disregarded the EC.

Well, that pisses me off. I don't have time to download the classic client tonight. I thought EC was the "main" client?

Guess what, I won't have time to touch UO until Thursday night. So if I lose anything (plants growing, vendors, etc.) I WILL be cancelling my account and I WILL demand my money back. You shouldn't be forced to have BOTH clients.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, that pisses me off. I don't have time to download the classic client tonight. I thought EC was the "main" client?

Guess what, I won't have time to touch UO until Thursday night. So if I lose anything (plants growing, vendors, etc.) I WILL be cancelling my account and I WILL demand my money back. You shouldn't be forced to have BOTH clients.
So if your plants rot you will close your account? lol

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm and now I see James' post about waiting until morning is gone, and the Herald announcement has been changed to "currently investigating". Does this mean the issue might yet be fixed tonight? (Probably about the time I am 98% finished with the classic client download...) Or does this mean it will still be morning but you're just not saying so...

J

James_Mythic

Hmm and now I see James' post about waiting until morning is gone, and the Herald announcement has been changed to "currently investigating". Does this mean the issue might yet be fixed tonight? (Probably about the time I am 98% finished with the classic client download...) Or does this mean it will still be morning but you're just not saying so...
Correct, immediately after I updated that information it was decided to continue the investigation this evening. So apologies for the misinformation, but it was for a good reason :)

There's no guarantee it will be fixed before the AM, however, they are working on it.

Thanks,

L

LordZahn

Well I just recently came back to UO here in the last week or so. I wont say I would go to that extreme. However, I do no like the 2d client at all anymore I wont play UO on it. With that being said if this is an example of how the EC gets treated.... well lets just say I might loose interest before its time for next months sub again.

L

LordZahn

Correct, immediately after I updated that information it was decided to continue the investigation this evening. So apologies for the misinformation, but it was for a good reason :)

There's no guarantee it will be fixed before the AM, however, they are working on it.

Thanks,
Now that I like to hear. Of course If i had to guess I would say its PR to not **** off the EC users and it still wont be working till tomarrow at best lol.

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks,
I understand. Thanks for the update. And, uh, a long flu-infested week has left me in a really crappy mood (pun fully intended) which is where my crabbiness comes from--I apologize for directing that crabbiness your way.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine how those of us who preferred UOKR felt when they completely pulled the plug on that!

I find it very interesting so see people who have used the EC do not want to go back to the CC Client. This is exactly how I felt after using UOKR.

I think it's a good thing and I'm glad to see more people are becoming open to something besides the CC Client.

UOKR>EC Client>CC Cllient.

If we could get the option for UOKR Graphics or higher resolution then the EC would be a good thing. It's more stable and has some nice feature but from a visual standpoint it's a huge stepbackwards from UOKR.

Anyhow...Gettin' a kick out of people gettin' irate over the lack of love for the EC. I'm with ya....but just think how us fans of UOKR felt.

If UOKR was still available...I'd be using that client.:popcorn:

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Scheduled Maintenance 7/13/10 - All Shards

In Europa 2 pm is about 6.30 pm.
This means that there is an entire day of non-playing because the most people have been playing in the afternoon and evening hours. It's not right. The maintenance, also if it is a special maintenance, have to be made in other hours, early hours.
Iìm very angry. This is a very injustice
You do understand that if the hours change, someone ELSE is just affected instead of YOU. It doesn't change to where no one is affected. Besides. It's only a day, not the end of the world. Unless the intern hits the delete button too many times... :D