• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 76 comes to TC1

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HEY DEVS, JUST TESTED...... hail storm correctly divides damage, however nether cyclone still does NOT divide damage. So that will be the new "lets huddle on a drop in holding nether cyclone"

just an fyi... obviously you need focus groups lol
This surely will make it on their "things to do" list. Standby for the next....year+ for confirmation.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So again nothings being fixed then as i stated with the recent bug fixes 2 or 3 arnt even bugs they are additions to the game. Then we get in bug fixes nearly every patch hue changes to things? As far as i can tell the bug fixing is just tweaking things which are fine.
I think what he was saying was they will fix bugs/exploits, but will only publish that they've done so when the publish goes live on real shards. So at the moment they're only publishing the mundane fixes/additions.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO Hailstorm & nether cyclone wouldn't need damage split if stoneform + protection was taken care of.

everyone's crying about hailstorm when it's Sync dumped on people, and they wouldn't be-able to do that as effectively if they were interruptable purge works... but there's a short cooldown on it & beyond the obvious... You NEED to be a MYSTIC to PURGE this is where the real problem is. simple fix to the whole mystic problem would be to make stoneform and protection not work together at all (Casting stoneform removes protection & vice-versa)

The one thing that Will not be changing, is the choke fights are still going to be 10+ stoneform/protection mystics, fighting another group of the same thing, and stoneform prot mystics will also remain Almost impossible to kill <--- so much worse than the way the bestial suit worked before it was nerfed to uselessness.

where are the other mage templates? dexer's have AI & mortal strike, non-mystic mages have nothing to stop a stone-form mystic from healing and cannot curse them, thus basically cannot kill them one vs one.

IMO These are the things that kill pvp in UO.. reducing the amount of effective templates to use in PVP. it's happened before the whole tactics required for weapon specs & spec toggling while casting spells killed pvp quite a bit... it eventually recovered from it (kinda) but it's dieing down again because there's a limited amount of viable temps to play or it's just not worth the effort to compete against these things.

I often wonder how amazing pvp would be if Throwing & Mysticism ceased to exist... (I'm pretty sure it would be FKing amazing... but it could just be me.)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any ETA on when Pub 76 goes live on all shards? Covetous may become my new favorite dungeon =D.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as an aside, here's a screen shot showing two of the new vanilla plants on Origin. They drop bottles of vanilla as a resource. Sorry they weren't planted with a very nice combination of other colored plants to show them off a little better. But at least this gives you an idea of how big they are and what they look like.
Both Nimuaq and I grew them on test center using the 'grow_plant' command to allow us to add them to our respective 'fragrant and peculiar plant' pages here on Stratics and on UOGuide

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of worried about those portable forges. Phoenix said you can use the forge anywhere in the world and the first thing I thought of when he said that was how many people will use them as a griefing tool, e.g., to keep folks out of their house. I hope the GMs have already formulated a policy on how they will deal with questionable situations involving the forge.
That is really interesting. I never thought of it being used in that way so i guess i have finally embraced my inner care bear. I hope this doesn't become an issue because i have been saving my prospectors tools and gargoyle pickaxes for this lol. I think a easy fix for this would be to make them unusable in (or within a certain range) of houses and/or intangible (well sort of).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of worried about those portable forges. Phoenix said you can use the forge anywhere in the world and the first thing I thought of when he said that was how many people will use them as a griefing tool, e.g., to keep folks out of their house. I hope the GMs have already formulated a policy on how they will deal with questionable situations involving the forge.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Except with things like champ spawns or harrowers.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wish you could get a portable anvil too... I've always wanted a forge and anvil in Doom for parking a warrior in the Gauntlet with a support crafter/healer.