• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Test Center

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Publish 73 comes to Test Center this afternoon, along with the Enhance Client Patch 4.0.19 and the Classic Client Patch 7.0.19.

Here are the notes for your reading pleasure, thanks!

Publish 73.0

Shame Upgrade

Dungeon Shame has been revised. The monsters have been revised to be a little bit more challenging and scaled in difficulty for new-to-veteran players. The shame loot system has been revised so you should notice less items with throw-away intensity values on properties, and an overall improvement in the loot generated.

First and second levels will provide a good training ground for journeyman to adept skill levels while level 3 should provide a little more of a challenge. On the first 3 levels there will be a renowned monster that can be spawned at a key point in the dungeon by summoning from an altar to give you a taste of the monster difficulty at the next level.

All the monsters within the dungeon have a chance to drop dungeon crystals which can be used to spawn the renowned of each level. In certain areas there will also be a chance when killing creatures for a renowned version of those creatures to be spawned. Similar to a paragon but not as friendly.

Level 5: The monsters on level 5 are a bit heavier and harder hitting than the other levels.

Overview of Shame’s purpose

• All new MOBs to thrill and kill!
  • Each level more devestating than the last!
  • MOB corpses possibly contain Shame Dungeon Crystals
  • Shame Dungeon Crystals may be consumed to increase player's Shame Dungeon Points... or used for whatever.
  • Shame Dungeon Points spent on altars in the first three levels of Shame.
  • These altars spawn new, tenacious Elite MOBs.
  • Collect all three, if you dare!
  • Cave Troll Wall Guardians
  • You've got to pay the Troll Toll if you want to get in the bowels of Shame.
  • The price... death.
  • Can you clear Shame in just an apron? Few have tried, none have succeeded.

Bard Mastery Adjustments

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount
Upkeep Cost Reduced for all abilities.
Mana Cost reduced from 1 for every 2 targets to 1 for every 5 targets
Base Upkeep Cost Reduced by 1
INSPIRE 4
INVIGORATE 5
PRESERVANCE 5
RESILIENCE 4
TRIBULATION 10
DESPAIR 12
Inspire:
Bonus Damage Modifier: 1 – 15% To ALL Damage
Resilience:
Regeneration Increased from 1- 11 to 1-22
Preservance:
Damage Reduction/Defense Chance Bonus Increased from 1-22 to 1-30
Despair:
Damage Type now selectable through context menu on spellbook.
Spellbooks without the context menu can be fixed by casting the despair spell once

Alchemy/Enhancement Potions

• Alchemy will now provide a similar functionality to enhance potions as magic resist does to base resistances.
  • Combined Enhanced Potions Effect will remain as Alchemy / 3.3 + Enhace Potions = (30 + 75)
  • Minimum Enhance potions effect = Alchemy / 2.0 ( 0-50%)

EC Terrain Texture Updates

Some terrain types in the EC client have been updated for scaling and to improve overall detail.

Shame Itemization Upgrade

Coupled with the revamp of Dungeon Shame, Publish 73 introduces a new random magic item generation system. This new system will only create items for monster kills in Shame, and for the lost-and-found items for the Honesty virtue. Loot drops elsewhere in the game world are unaffected, though the plan will be to eventually convert loot drops throughout Sosaria to use this new system.

The new loot generator creates an exciting array of new possibilities:

• Some magic item properties will now appear on types of items they have not been seen on before.
  • Many magic items will have negative properties, such as Cursed, Cannot be Repaired, Brittle, and Unlucky. These items will receive more power than standard items to compensate for their disadvantages.
  • Some items will be generated with item properties designed to fit a theme and work together. These items will be named.
  • Luck will play a significant role in loot generation with this system.
Here are the details:

• Any item generated by this new system will have a line near the bottom of its tooltip:
    • Minor Magic Item
    • Lesser Magic Item
    • Greater Magic Item
    • Major Magic Item
    • Lesser Artifact (this is approximately equivalent to an item Imbued to the max)
    • Greater Artifact
    • Major Artifact
    • Legendary Artifact
  • The strength of an item generated depends partially on the strength and toughness of the creature killed.
  • There is a very small chance that a loot drop will be a very powerful item.
    • This can happen with weak creatures, but is extremely rare
    • This is more likely to happen with stronger creatures
    • Luck significantly increases the chance of this happening
  • Item Strength has these effects on loot generation:
    • Weak named items will tend to have fewer than 5 properties, leaving open slots for Imbuing
    • Weak random items will generally have 5 item properties at low values
    • Stronger items will tend to have 5 item properties
    • Extremely powerful items will sometimes have more than 5 item properties
    • Weak items tend to not be named, and to have random item properties
    • Stronger items have a better chance of being generated as Named Items
    • Weaker items have smaller chances of being generated with Disadvantages
    • Stronger items have a much greater chance of being generated with Disadvantages
  • Many item properties generated by this system have more coarse granularity of values:
    • For example, Luck only appears in increments of 10
    • For example, Skill bonuses only appear in increments of 5
  • Disadvantages:
    • These appear on items randomly.
    • More powerful items tend to receive more disadvantages
    • Each disadvantage grants the item significantly more power
    • The disadvantages are:
      • Unlucky
        • Item shows “Luck -100” in tooltip
        • Item cannot have Luck and Unlucky at the same time
        • Provides a small boost to overall item power
      • Brittle
        • Item is 25 durability. Cannot use Powder of Fortification
        • Item cannot have Brittle and Durability at the same time
        • Provides a moderate boost to item power
      • Cannot Be Repaired
        • Item cannot be repaired by any means. Cannot use PoF
        • Provides a high boost to item power
      • Cursed
        • Item cannot be insured or blessed
        • Provides an extreme boost to item power
    • Items that are free of disadvantages can be generated
      • Powerful items are very rarely “clean”
      • Weaker items are frequently “clean”
    • Luck has no influence on the frequency of item Disadvantage generation
  • Item Generation
    • Creatures are assigned a difficulty rating
    • When the creature is killed, its Difficulty Rating and the killers’ Luck factor into loot generation
      • More difficult creatures generate more items
      • Each item receives a Base Item Property Budget
      • Each item receive s a Bonus Item Property Budget
      • The Bonus property budget may be added multiple times
      • The higher the killer’s Luck, the higher the chance of multiple Bonus Budget
    • After the item budget is determined:
      • The higher the Budget, the more Disadvantage Rolls are made for the item
      • Each Disadvantage Roll has a chance of adding a new Disadvantage
      • Each Disadvantage adds a fixed bonus to the item’s Budget
    • Once the final Budget is known:
      • The higher the Budget, the greater the chance of generating Named Items
      • The higher the Budget, the more Item Properties will be added
    • Finally, the Budget is spent to add Item Properties to the item
  • Named Items
    • There are 12 “packages” of Item Properties.
    • Each Package contains a group of properties fitting a purpose or a theme
    • Each package is associated with a Name Prefix
    • Each package is associated with a Name Suffix
    • Items can be generated as:
      • Unnamed (random properties)
      • Prefix Only (some properties from one package, some random)
      • Suffix Only (some properties from one package, some random)
      • Prefix and Suffix (some properties from one package, some from a different package)
The Name Prefixes and Suffixes

Prefix: Mighty Suffix: of Vitality Theme: Strength and Hit Point-related
Prefix: Mystic Suffix: of Sorcery Theme: Intelligence and mana-related
Prefix: Animaged Suffix: of Haste Theme: Dex, Stamina, and Speed
Prefix: Arcane Suffix: of Wizardry Theme: Spell casting modifiers
Prefix: Exquisite Suffix: of Quality Theme: Item Quality / Durability
Prefix: Vampiric Suffix: of the Vampire Theme: Leeches and Drains
Prefix: Invigorating Suffix: of Restoration Theme: Regeneration (incl. damage eaters)
Prefix: Fortified Suffix: of Defense Theme: Damage avoidance
Prefix: Auspicious Suffix: of Fortune Theme: Luck
Prefix: Charmed Suffix: of Alchemy Theme: Enhance Potions (incl. Balanced)
Prefix: Vicious Suffix: of Slaughter Theme: Dealing Damage (incl. Slayers)
Prefix: Towering Suffix: of Aegis Theme: Mitigating damage taken (incl. resists)

Example Items

The Ring is free of disadvantages. The Bracelet is Cursed, which boosts its Item Property strength up to “Greater Magic Item”.

Bug Fixes

• Then a pitcher is filled from a barrel it will no longer have 5 counts of water it will now have 40.
  • Fixed the issue with TC1 not linking to Ter Mur when wiped
  • Bird and Bovine slayers should now be factored in imbuing and insurance
  • You can no longer dye toggled quest items
  • Thunderstorm spell should now show the correct effect
  • Bladeweave will no longer function on non bleedable creatures
  • Removed Double strike from the list of bladeweave attack options
  • Added extra weight to liquor barrels which contains liquor.
  • Even if players are on 2 or more NPE skill gain quests and complete one of them, the buff icon no longer disappear.
  • Hired NPCs no longer vanish randomly.
  • Fix a bug that players couldn’t re-fill a pot of eggnog.

Legacy client 7.0.19

• Cliloc Changes
  • Players have the ability to ignore other players in Global Chat, this ignore affects Global chat only.

Enhanced Client 4.0.19

• Cliloc Changes
  • Players have the ability to ignore other players in Global Chat, this ignore affects Global chat only.

More...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oooh. Been a while since I've logged in, but I feel really intrigued by these updates to Shame. It has been my favorite dungeon for many years. :)

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does this mean?

Bird and Bovine slayers should now be factored in imbuing and insurance

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Greetings,

Publish 73 comes to Test Center this afternoon, along with the Enhance Client Patch 4.0.19 and the Classic Client Patch 7.0.19.

Here are the notes for your reading pleasure, thanks!

More...
Thank you very much! I knew you were working on something! Now I have to get my butt to Shame!

R

RavenWinterHawk

Well that really sounds great.

I think, it is outstanding work. It will help with hunting and exploring.

Please don't dumb it down for the complainers. Limited use powerful stuff is great. It runs out, you have to get more.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like its worth going to shame again!! Question is.. is this tram or fel or both?

Really excited about this publish!!

K

Kayne

I love shame dungeon the Earth Ellies were great to train on. Should be interesting seeing how this change works

T

tuuvaak

lol i see a new lewt system is being considered. shame does rule. i wonder if there will be any alive mobs to kill down there for the first month =P

after all of that pancakes ten years ago about insurance and losing items and replacing items, we've come full circle. all the good stuff breaks or is cursed now. lets remove insurance?? :D

i know i know, not gonna happen. i like the direction the item system is headed in though.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose these changes will be applied in Felucca too.

Sometimes a very powerful monster spawns in Shame : the Harrower. How will these changes apply to the Harrower (True Harrower included of course)?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow this has been needed for a long time and looks to answer many requests
1 looks like luck will now be usefull
2 dungeon monsters/loot been needed for a while
3 dungeon loot may now be worth something instead of just making items from imbuing
many others also but these are the three that pop into mind off the bat

Great work UO Team cant wait to test

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoooo Hoooo! Great work! Thanks for the update. CAn't wait to get home!

K

Kayne

I think this system will be a nice way to get some risk vs reward back into the game.
My thought is that its great they are making artifacts viable against imbued items again and also somewhat taking away the item dependant nature we've gotten into by making items brittle or unrepairable but making them good/more powerful to balance it

I hope people held onto their luck suits!!

P

pgib

Well, at least i tried. Reason why i don't contribute to testing? 'Cause test center lags so much for me i can't really play it.

Actually i died trying to get to Shame. Killed by a water elemental. A dangerous creature when you can't really fight back.

Keep me informed on how this new shame thing goes.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thought is that its great they are making artifacts viable against imbued items again and also somewhat taking away the item dependant nature we've gotten into by making items brittle or unrepairable but making them good/more powerful to balance it

I think this as well. I believe this will be an overall positive change for the game. For communities within the game. For the market of the game. I have alot of thoughts about it I just tend to ramble so I am trying to keep it short.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should be interesting on Siege. Hope the system is slightly adapted for Siege (seeing as we don't get completely new players).

Look forward to getting down in the lower levels :)

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is not the arena test right?
Anyone know where to check the new terrain?
yeah go to normal TC1 for that.

From what I can tell, the actual textures are the same, the only change made is that when you zoom in, it doesnt get all pixelated. So it's been rendered at a higher resolution.

So if you're used to playing at regular zoom level (like me), you won't notice any difference.

K

Kayne

The changes havent been put in yet Elric or at least not that ive noticed

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its not available yet later today is what was said we will inform you when its a go

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance you guys could make the new item details different colors from the property colors?

"Cursed" = example; light pink
"Greater Magic item" = example; light purple

This would will make near-blind people such as I, quite thrilled. :bowdown:

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I hope people held onto their luck suits!!
All I make are Luck suits! Despise is full of Lizardmen and I tailor the heck out of them! ;) If anyone on LS wants a full one in Leather or Studded I'll be happy to make it for you!

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao that would explain alot

though i did notice that poison elementals are hitting for level 3 instead of 5 poison..

R

RavenWinterHawk

Please add a nice magic force that stops people from recalling into spots.

Sorry... magic shouldnt penetrate so deep into the ground or mountain.

A gate to the entrance is lazy enough.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like its worth going to shame again!! Question is.. is this tram or fel or both?

Really excited about this publish!!
Shame is in both Fel and Tram, the only difference is the items from the elites is 100% drop in Fel and Tram has a lower percentage drop rate.

Mesanna

R

Remy Blacktoe

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun! As a returning player, this will just add one more place for me to visit often. :)

K

Kayne

Shame is in both Fel and Tram, the only difference is the items from the elites is 100% drop in Fel and Tram has a lower percentage drop rate.

Mesanna
Can we have the percentage for the tram side please?

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Mesanna
Because this, THIS, is going to be the thing that gets anyone but the usual tiny percentage of guys into Fel, right? Not the last 9845398 ignored carrots, THIS. rolleyes:

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we have the percentage for the tram side please?
I think there was a slight miscommunication. The drop rates are the same. The difference with Felucca Shame is that items will have a slightly higher item property budget, and luck checks done for loot generation are given a significant bonus.

K

Kayne

Example Items

The Ring is free of disadvantages. The Bracelet is Cursed, which boosts its Item Property strength up to “Greater Magic Item”.

Judging by this new bracelet the MR cap on individual items is going up to 3?

Thanks for replying Phoenix :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool.. I'm curious to see about the alchemy/EP changes. I have a couple alchy scribe mages.

Love the new loot system, looking forward to some high mod high intensity items.

C

clarkifer

WOOOO More people in FEL!!!!!!!

** got excited before finishing reading...*** oh well, maybe one day.....

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think there was a slight miscommunication. The drop rates are the same. The difference with Felucca Shame is that items will have a slightly higher item property budget, and luck checks done for loot generation are given a significant bonus.
I'd love to hear the rationale behind this regardless. Do you really think that after ten years of failure, something is finally going to lure anyone but the usual suspects to Felucca? Or are those six guys at Yew Gate special snowflakes who always deserve better?

K

Kayne

For those starting about fel already. Loot drops have ALWAYS been different in fel. You get more fame/karma in fel from the same mobs. You get double resources. This just continues with that tradition.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
For those starting about fel already. Loot drops have ALWAYS been different in fel. You get more fame/karma in fel from the same mobs. You get double resources. This just continues with that tradition.
And that's why Fel is the super-populated hotbed of activity it is today! *guffaw*

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea of reimplementing some of these dungeons.

but, gulp, shame's where I do resist training on pets if I don't have another player available to help me.