• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Shattered Obelisk Reactivated

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no way to get chest/crate order back? wagon still there cant find order lol. I did get fried incense

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe this is what they are fixing..

Three ambush sites.. no ambushers around.. *shrugs*

pay no attention the the guy on the swampie.. he was one of the griefing rascals jumping in on people when ambushers spawn.

Set of amushers did pop bur were normal.

problems.jpg

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
~Waits patiently for the next uo.com post SHATTERED OBELISK RE-RE-ACTIVATED!~

Ah I'm having fun though...and getting LOTS of pinks! Question...how many trade orders do you have to do before you start getting 2-line orders?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anniversary gonna be come and gone beffore this gets going...

Maybe they should just give us a statue clicky to get the items from, and move on to round two. Assuming it's been tested

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had to de-activate the ambush cart portion of the new trade orders to correct the missing trade crate issue. While the cart may be inactive, you can still get the new and peculiar drops from regular trade mobs, so feel free to continue running them. Once North American & European shards go through their next maintenance we will turn the carts back on. Thanks to everyone who reported this issue so we could correct it. Happy Hunting!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOOHOO Thank you Kyronix and team!! ~does a happy dance~

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had to de-activate the ambush cart portion of the new trade orders to correct the missing trade crate issue. While the cart may be inactive, you can still get the new and peculiar drops from regular trade mobs, so feel free to continue running them. Once North American & European shards go through their next maintenance we will turn the carts back on. Thanks to everyone who reported this issue so we could correct it. Happy Hunting!
Still?.....erm you never could, they only dropped off the new mobs and i've had 5 ambushes in the last 20 minutes with the "old" mobs and not one "new" drop?
We sure the "old" mobs have the items?.....only thing i'm getting off them is Yeast.
@Kyronix

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm.. carts are still spawning on GL...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The drops are not common, you won't get one every time just keep at it!

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Carts also still on Drachenfels. At least I got 2 right now.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.........15.....no drop.
That's 15 times on the same trade order, cannot wait to turn this baby in. lol

On the downside.....using my trained Hiryu seems a bit....overkill? lol

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not seen any carts on my trade runs, but I did loot a Ritual Tome off one of bandits. Also, it often seems like one of the corpses goes missing as in I kill the ambusher and the corpse never pops up.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone notice that the burning carts never go away if you don't get your crate back. Are these gonna be cleaned up after the fix?? @Kyronix
If not they'll be everywhere as deco. LOL

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, that's 20.
I am doing no more of these poxy 1 hit to kill brigands for a chance of an item that's not even on their drop list.
They just fobbed us off for the night in hopes we don't notice.
@Kyronix ....i'm wise to you :p

Bored! Not doing any more till i know they are dropping again, nope not one, nada!.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ran around on both Siege and LA, with an active trade for 20 minutes each shard, and didn't get ambushed by crap...so no, it's not on for everyone.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Please turn off the wagons on GL. They are still spawning and we are still losing trade orders.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No wagons on legends, but no odds on the raiders either..

I think the whole thing is turned off, nothing left but the old trades and no new items.

We've been had :(

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No wagons on legends, but no odds on the raiders either..

I think the whole thing is turned off, nothing left but the old trades and no new items.

We've been had :(
I"m sure it'll get turned back on tomorrow while I'm at work, and that I'll get to read all the really cool , buggy crap that's going on with it and the cool items they'll be stock piling..all while I'm at work. And then once again, I will get home and log in to try my hand at the most ridiculous RNG in gaming history only to find out the content has been turned off again.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I"m sure it'll get turned back on tomorrow while I'm at work, and that I'll get to read all the really cool , buggy crap that's going on with it and the cool items they'll be stock piling..all while I'm at work. And then once again, I will get home and log in to try my hand at the most ridiculous RNG in gaming history only to find out the content has been turned off again.
Your ability to tell the foretell future is uncanny.
Can you give me tomorrows lottery numbers while you're on a roll? :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will make you feel any better or not, but after spending about six hours on the trade quests yesterday, last night, and for a while this morning on two shards (Balhae and Sonoma), I've only gotten two daemonic amulets, both on Balhae. I have a feeling it is going to be quite a grind to get these items and we still don't even know how many different items there are, what to do with them, and how many we will need of each one.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The items we know about from the ambushers so far are:

Ritual Tome
Demonic Amulet
A Soul Trapped Within a Phylactery
A Rolled Map
A Goblet
Dried Incense
Boline
Scourge
Pentagram Adorned Wand
An Oddly Modified Gorget
A Folded Stole

Edited: Added two more. And a third.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well....an hour or so into it again and I haven't gotten anything yet either...off to make dinner (TACOS!) and will have at it again later.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ritual Tome
Demonic Amulet
A Rolled Map
A Goblet
Dried Incense
Boline
Scourge
"Pentagram Adorned Wand" - requires Arms Lore when double clicked.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Ritual Tome
Demonic Amulet
A Rolled Map
A Goblet
Dried Incense
Boline
Scourge
Pentagram Adorned Wand
"Pentagram Adorned Wand" - requires Arms Lore when double clicked.

An Oddly Modified Gorget - Blacksmith Skill needed.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, the worst thing about this is that when the devs took it down AGAIN, they didn't even bother to tell us!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PAC isn't working now for about at the last 2 hours anyone else have it turned back on yet

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ritual Tome
Demonic Amulet
A Rolled Map
A Goblet
Dried Incense
Boline
Scourge
Pentagram Adorned Wand
An Oddly Modified Gorget

Edited: Added two more.
My partner just now got :

A Folded Stole (need Tailoring to read the description, and it is a folded cloth)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for a silly question, but I can't figure out whether I can't start because it's not working or because I am doing something wrong. To start the whole thing, I have to find a City Herald, click on him and buy a newspaper? Heralds in Brit and Termur had no menu options for this.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that part is off, just go do a trade run like always
but be sure adn kill the raiders

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not getting any more of the fire wagons on PAC I was earlier but now it's the old quest monsters ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Broken no.... turned off yes... you can do the quests and get the same old spawn with supposedly getting the new item drops... however after hours and hours of work I've managed to get ONE stinking drop... the rate is FAR too low... but whatever... just so freaking fed up right now I could scream.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't gotten anything tonight either.

Well...any of the new items anyway!

16 Scrolls of Transcendence
20 Dragon Scales
20 Horned Leather
40 Frostwood Boards
76 Bloodwood Boards
20 Yew Boards
56 Ash Boards
20 Verite Granite
20 Shadow Iron Ingots
20 Valorite Ingots
20 Gold Ingots
20 Copper Ingots
Healer's Guild Sign

And a partridge in a Pear TREEEEeeeeeeeee

It's really turned on??? I have killed TONS of ambushers....a few of the guards have helped as well.....last night I got 6 items....1 Trapped Soul, 1 Dried Incense and 4 Maps...

My legs are tired... :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
16 Scrolls of Transcendence
20 Dragon Scales
20 Horned Leather
40 Frostwood Boards
76 Bloodwood Boards
20 Yew Boards
56 Ash Boards
20 Verite Granite
20 Shadow Iron Ingots
20 Valorite Ingots
20 Gold Ingots
20 Copper Ingots
Healer's Guild Sign
Hmm... you must be doing 1 liners or something? I keep getting 77 range ingots with 4 liners...

grats on the Healer's Sign tho.. best thing I have gotten so far was the Book my Adamu.. something about a Monk and his wine..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did it for about 2 hrs on Siege, could only get ambushed 5 times during that, all same old spawn, not a single theft of my crates. Siege is Felucca only so I"m sure the code is screwing us somehow, although there is one burning wagon thingy outside of moonglow that's still there so someone got one to spawn, but if this will be Siege's drop rate, screw it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Did it for about 2 hrs on Siege, could only get ambushed 5 times during that, all same old spawn, not a single theft of my crates. Siege is Felucca only so I"m sure the code is screwing us somehow, although there is one burning wagon thingy outside of moonglow that's still there so someone got one to spawn, but if this will be Siege's drop rate, screw it.
You get ambushed much more in the new stuff than you do the old stuff. While the current ambushers are dropping the new items it still seems like they are set at a low spawn rate. Running all the way from Brit (in both Tram and Fel on Atl - wanted to test the spawn and drop rate difference some) to the swamp across from Jhelom I was only getting 1 ambush group.. a couple times I managed to get 2 on that distance. But while the content was active and under the "beefed up" amubshers I could not run from Brit to Skara without 2-3 popping.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm... you must be doing 1 liners or something? I keep getting 77 range ingots with 4 liners...

grats on the Healer's Sign tho.. best thing I have gotten so far was the Book my Adamu.. something about a Monk and his wine..
Oh yeah this is the first time I've done trade quests...EVER....so I'm a newbie ;) Not sure how long it takes for me to get to 2-line and higher but it needs to hurry cus the rewards for 1-line is very minimal...at least I'm getting something.

How many trade orders do I have to do before I get the 2 line?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh yeah this is the first time I've done trade quests...EVER....so I'm a newbie ;) Not sure how long it takes for me to get to 2-line and higher but it needs to hurry cus the rewards for 1-line is very minimal...at least I'm getting something.

How many trade orders do I have to do before I get the 2 line?
Did not keep up with it honestly but my best guess is 35-40 range maybe? I know I was getting 2 liners before I got the "Smuggler" deal from turning them into Slim and that happens at 50.

Once you get to 4 liners take my advise.... do NOT die to the ambushers and lose that crate... those 4x15-20 orders really take over your pack when they are all non stackable items ;)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well we don't know what's to come but I do hope they give the casual players anough time to gather/ complete everything needed
Even if they delayed the Halloween event and let run into December, just a thought.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well the original time line had the arc bumping every 7 days to the next step..... and we are going into day what??? three now?

i refuse to even start the arc until its fixed.
i dont even know where to start.

totally not even paying attention until i see a post that says "Its Fixed!"

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*speechless* this happens to me even at New Maginica Docks:
THIS.... IS .... REALLY.....*without words but laughing*

upload_2017-8-18_10-48-27.png