• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Shattered Obelisk Reactivated

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Part I of the Shattered Obelisk has been reactivated on all North American and European shards. All other shards will be reactivated once they go through their normally scheduled maintenance. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we sure? I've walked 10 trade quests so far and not been attacked once?....by either the new or the old ambushers.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never mind, i figured out how to get around the low ambush timers.... :p

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did two in a row where I was ambushed, had trade order stolen, killed all monsters and did not get trade order back.

Can't recall, just have to wait until the order expires and your order appears loose in your bag. I see folks on General Chat talking about losing
their orders also. This on Atlantic.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just run around and they'll get ya! ;)

I do that too..take the longest route....best one is Trinsic to Minoc by road....my tamer is getting her exercise!

Or just run in circles and they'll eventually pop out lol

And yes you should see this:

Screenshot_16.jpg

Once all the ambushers are dead the the cart goes poof

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As requested moved this post here:

I had an ambush right on a guard protection line. Not sure but believe that one of the monsters was guard whacked. No monsters are apparent, but burning wagon still in place and chest not returned. The following message was in the log:

You can't find creatures have
'tg_willGuardian = 1' objvar in 5x5 tiles

at that point an NPC called for guards.

waited the 900 seconds and the crate went poof, but the wagon animation didn't.
logged out and back in to make sure not a cache issue. The wagon is still present.

This was on Cats at 8N 10W.

Edit update. When I got back to the Britain guard zone a guard appeared and killed some sort of undead from the sound as I passed by the library. I did not go through the cemetery, so it may have been the missing ambusher. Very odd.

Edit 2 update. Got a second trade to Yew and went by another route. Got the same error message at 42S 25W. Killed 3 ambushers and chest wasn't returned. Waited 900 seconds and it went poof.

Edit 3 - Tried a total of 4 trades - 2 ambushes worked as expected, 4 gave the 5x5 error message and never returned the chest. Unable to complete any as one to Minoc had a second ambush right at guard zone. All were on Cats and started in Brit.

Last edited:

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
several people on Europa have the problem that their trade order gets stolen and when they killed all monsters their tradeorder is not returned to them making them unable to finish quest or recall

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the chest not reappearing sucks...cant do anything, cant cancel, cant get another, and then all that crap eventually explodes all in the pack.

I'm done till they get the kinks out, yet again.

*same as it ever was*

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have done 2 in a row on Lake Austin they steal chest I kill ambushers no chest they need to get this fixed

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OKI, Drachenfels is running now...

took my first trade order - 5er small crate from minoc to yew with 2 parts you could not fill in Minoc by vendors - was raw bird and raw lamb legs ;).
So I went the street to yew and got two groups of ambushers - first give the crate back with no special item
the second gives the special item but the crate went away somehow.... the burning wagon remains and after this 900 secons all my already filled trades suddenly re-appears in my bag...
*looks confuseds*

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OKI, Drachenfels is running now...

took my first trade order - 5er small crate from minoc to yew with 2 parts you could not fill in Minoc by vendors - was raw bird and raw lamb legs ;).
So I went the street to yew and got two groups of ambushers - first give the crate back with no special item
the second gives the special item but the crate went away somehow.... the burning wagon remains and after this 900 secons all my already filled trades suddenly re-appears in my bag...
*looks confuseds*
NW corner of Minoc, meat packers. LOL

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well..it's working on Origin...

working.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The first one I did worked too.
next two, nope

By the time they get this all debugged anniversary gonna be over lol!

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tradeorder Europa Tram [Skara->Trin] - spawned ambushers & burning cart. Killed all ambushers, did not get tradechest back. Had to wait for timer to expire and my "invisible" chest dropped the tradeitems into my backpack making a mess. At this point 30mins later the burning cart is still standing and I seemed not to be able to spawn ambushers with a new quest. eventarchbug.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I just got a broken one....on the shoreline in New Mag running to the moongate...

Screenshot_20.jpg

Killed the Ambushers WAY up there...not sure if that's the reason, if it's because it's on the shoreline....but I haven't even gotten the ~ Your chest is about to expire~ message so me and Stanley are just chillin here keepin warm ;)

KeepinWarm.jpg

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Add me to the list of I'm stuck for 900 seconds waiting for my pile of stuff to appear in my backpack. Napa, almost made it through the guard zone in Britain and before I could even get off my CU to attack the guards had whacked everything and my burning wagon is still burning.. No chest for me!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mine won't even disappear....I'm causing a forest fire here in New Mag and I can't recall because apparently I'm still carrying a trade order....

Screenshot_21.jpg

And as you can see in my very neat and tidy backpack ;) I am not....~looks around for marshmellows~

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAaaa......~groans~

Well my barrel finally expired and I was able to take another order without a problem but didn't get ambushed....trying again!

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried trade order from Brit. Ambush spawned within guard zone while I was legging it towards Skara Brae. Being SW/Myst/mage, this was kinda bad news: no summons in grd zone. a Drake promtly one shotted me with fire breath while I was kiting around uselessly spamming flame strike.

Was able to get 2nd order from Yew, ambushed right after leaving Moongate to Maginicia. Killed ambushers, did not get crate back. Can't recall.

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I just got a broken one....on the shoreline in New Mag running to the moongate...

View attachment 70815

Killed the Ambushers WAY up there...not sure if that's the reason, if it's because it's on the shoreline....but I haven't even gotten the ~ Your chest is about to expire~ message so me and Stanley are just chillin here keepin warm ;)

View attachment 70816
"Funny" - As it happened to me on the exact same position.
Maybe mobs are supposed to spawn in an inaccessable area (in the water in this example), dont/cant show up and thus the game thinks you didnt kill every mob?

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chest not reappearing after killing all ambushers. Just have to wait while timer expires, and get all stuff dumped back in your pack. This is happening on Chesapeake now too. *sighs*

Yeah the no recalling part stinks... you basically sit around for 10-15 minutes unable to do anything.

Are dates going to be changed for these active parts since they don't seem to be working or tested properly?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also got the same problem, I killed all ambushers, but I can't get back my chest.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay, my offer expired so I left the burning wagon and got another. Made it a few screens past the bridge over the river on my way to Trinsic... this time I killed all the ambushers without any help from the guards. Alas, same thing - everything dead, no crate back and another burning wagon to add to the landscape. I mean, c'mon!!! Anyone have any marshmallows? Preferably ones that take 15 minutes to cook! After I can recall I'm giving up.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Arc still turned on?
Had nothing now for over half hour?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well come on think about it....it just got turned on a bit ago...wasn't tested because it was supposed to be a surprise so they did what they could...it's a bit glitchy but they'll work the kinks out, they usually do just give them some time.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got ambushed, killed the ambushers and got my trader order back, but while checking the corpses another set of ambushers spawned, killed them and this time I didn't get the order back and the fire crates were still there. Eventually it timed out and I got a bag full of crap to get rid of. Next trade got ambushers, killed them and didn't get the order back. Done for now..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so I just laughed so hard.....might wanna not have the things spawn in guard zones....I popped out of Brit Moongate, ambushers spawned instantly and all got guardwhacked lol~sighs~

whacked.jpg

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got no new items in loot yet. 3 orders was delivered and on 4th from Vesper to Moonglow I killed ambushes and not received crate back. Waiting medium crate to expire :facepalm:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, got that weird error about missing creature and yet another burning wagon, this time in Skara and I'm stuck again. Game over for me, I'll watch the boards to see if this improves. I'm sad since I won't be able to play tonight and my lunch hour is over. :(

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack! Next time order to Britain was guardwhacked and crate not returned to me again :bdh:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of us are at this weird thing called work.....I can't wait to get home and find that yet again, its been turned off.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time you not received crate back, all fire rubble and other stuff will stay on road forever. I worry it may repeat golden sand problem near Niporalem.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every time you not received crate back, all fire rubble and other stuff will stay on road forever. I worry it may repeat golden sand problem near Niporalem.
Oh cool, maybe I can get one stuck in my yard forever!!!! Cool deco, eh?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs*

My first trade run turned out to be bugged. Got ambushed, killed them all, and the crate never reappeared.

This wasn't happening on TC1. I can only assume it is related to the fix for stuck monsters/poorly spawned wagons.

@Kyronix

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last 2 I did never got ambushed at all but I did get a .06 herding pink

I have done 11 now 8 never got creates back I was able to complete none of the ambushes had any unusual items ?
Do you have to have high luck suit to get the new drops ?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive done it serveral times and the location doesn't matter. Its just bugged and sometimes you get it back and sometimes you don't. Its happened to me in yew, moonglow, Britain, and minoc, on roads and in woods. I havnt seen anything on the corpses either other then usual crap.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Second trade run... Same results. Ambushers appear (nowhere near the wagon...), I kill them all and do not get the container back....again.

I will try this once more with an unfilled container and see what happens.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Third try was a bust as well. Killed ambushers, no returned crate. Did get one of the new items though, so not a complete waste of my time....just mostly.

:sad4:
:thumbdown:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'v got "dried incense" on next order after lost crate. Hour ago on Europa. It want alchemy to read some interesting stuff.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Did 2 of them. Got some unusually colored armor, but never got my crates back, and no unusually named items.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh hell, haven't even attempted a trade order, I'm just trying to buy a stinkin' newspaper.... is there some trick to get him to sell ya one??

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be sure its the town herald, not the town crier you are buying from
and then just single click him for the menu

oh yeah, gotta have 5 gps in bank :gee:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
oh hell, haven't even attempted a trade order, I'm just trying to buy a stinkin' newspaper.... is there some trick to get him to sell ya one??
Be lucky enough to be on what the content is live and not pulled... lol... hopefully they get it right this time :)