• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Release 2 Comes to TC1

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The freedom to discuss and not just remove the post. :smile2: You might like the new Stratics*.

:banana:

*Official Forum of Endless Journey
I posted on uo forums once, haven't been able to sign in since.

I suspect my user was revoked.

Didn't seem to be much of a loss.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted on uo forums once, haven't been able to sign in since.

I suspect my user was revoked.
Yeah, they had a bug in the first week, where also inactive accounts could log in and post. They fixed it. That was your revoke :p

active accounts only can post but all can read
But can you you actually log in with a suspended account?
If I type in some garbage, I get "Username or password is incorrect."
If I try to log in with my correct credentials, I get back to the previous screen without being logged in and no message or error or any information at all... that is an user experience at its worst...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, they had a bug in the first week, where also inactive accounts could log in and post. They fixed it. That was your revoke :p

If I try to log in with my correct credentials, I get back to the previous screen without being logged in and no message or error or any information at all... that is an user experience at its worst...
Is a SUSPENDED account considered an ACTIVE account? Can you log in and play UO on that account?
"at its worst" really WORST lol

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is a SUSPENDED account considered an ACTIVE account? Can you log in and play UO on that account?
"at its worst" really WORST lol
You can't play with a suspended account. That much should be clear. You should know that and not have to ask such a question.
And you miss the point. The forum is not the game. Forums can have separate permissions for reading and writing. So it would not be uncommon to be able to log in and only have read-access. Even if you cannot log in, it would at least be a good idea to display any kind of message to inform the user of what is going on...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't play with a suspended account. That much should be clear. You should know that and not have to ask such a question.
And you miss the point. The forum is not the game. Forums can have separate permissions for reading and writing. So it would not be uncommon to be able to log in and only have read-access. Even if you cannot log in, it would at least be a good idea to display any kind of message to inform the user of what is going on...
I didn't ask it for me I asked it for you trying to log in with a suspended account and getting upset about it.

Publish 99 Comes to TC1 & UO.com Forums!
Posted on February 28, 2018 by UO Dev Team

Greetings All,

We are pleased to announce the first of several TC1 Publish 99 releases will be available for testing on TC1 by 2pm ET February 28, 2018. Publish 99 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on TC1, check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Also, if you haven’t already please signup for the Ultima Online newsletter to get the latest updates! Look for the signup on the frontpage of UO.com! You can also view the newsletter archive here.

Finally, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new official forums! You must have an active subscription to login to the forums, and can do so here using your Ultima Online game login credentials.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granted I didn't remember the exact wording from the news, but I'm remembering those two:
Congrats on the new uo.com forums
Remember if you do not have an active account you can not post here.
Clarification what exactly an active account is.
Once it is fixed trial and/or EJ accounts will be read only they will not be able to post.
They don't say anything about not being able to log in, but just having read-only access and not being able to post.
That's my point.
Plus the absence of any error or feedback when loggin in, which would make it obvious in the first place.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so is your account suspended? If not, then yes, it's a bad user experience briefly, but a lot of sites go down and there's a lot out of control of a website that can cause it. If you are suspended, it may be because you try to twist things like EJ/Trial into meaning suspended accounts too. I for one think it's a great user experience to not have to talk to people on the official forum that has a suspended account.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That deluxe package is a dismaying step towards pay to win.

It is also clearly the work of and primarily going to appeal to vet players who already know the game.

I had written up a detailed breakdown of each item, but I'll just sum up instead: most of the stuff in the package should be earned through a buffed up newbie quest system to teach the game mechanics instead of just handed over for cash. It's significantly better than what you can get through the current, non-intuitive quests, and more than you get for actually subscribing.

True new players and players coming back after years away who purchase this will be set up for disappointment and frustration, since they won't even know what to do with a lot of it and will get the wrong impression of the game when they start off with all that, which they paid for extra, and still don't know how to find a healer, insure their stuff, work skills effectively, use the chat channels, or even find their way from one place to another (or refill their atlases) when their atlas charges run out, and so on.

They'll also be taught to just pay their way, and unless the store is about to get a huge overhaul, they won't find what they need there and will go to third party sellers, which remain unchecked.

However, there are two specific items I find particularly objectionable:

The Token of Skill Alacrity sounds completely overpowered. It devalues the little 15 minute alacrities that are often the only or one of very few things worthwhile in a treasure chest. If they work for a whole party then they will undoubtedly be used to coast 10 EJ accounts at a time on some skills--it's a multiboxer's dream, but not something a normal player can fully take advantage of. It might even result in new/returning players being exploited by vets. It shouldn't even exist, especially not as a store item.

The Blackthorn points need to go. Blackthorn dungeon needs to be FIXED, not given a cash workaround. It's been either a horrible grind or a painful exercise in aggravation since day one, and it needs to be made engaging and doable, not circumvented with cash shop purchases. Don't sell workarounds for grinds--make the game less grindy. They want to put something in the store, put in a transmogrification item. It would sell like crazy without devaluing or reducing incentive to fix current content.

Creating paid store items to compensate for weaknesses in game design/structure is not a good thing for the game or for aspiring new/returning players... or for current players for that matter. The gameplay needs to engage and stand on its own--THAT is what will keep people coming back and paying for more.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hope I am wrong, BUT, I will be REALLY surprised if EJ brings more than 25-50 truly NEW players to the game for more than a month. I'm not saying ones that subscribe, I'm saying TOTAL! I do however see MANY times that number of banned/suspended/multibox/scripter/RMT accounts being opened by current and former players to abuse the crap out of EJ. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope I am wrong, BUT, I will be REALLY surprised if EJ brings more than 25-50 truly NEW players to the game for more than a month. I'm not saying ones that subscribe, I'm saying TOTAL! I do however see MANY times that number of banned/suspended/multibox/scripter/RMT accounts being opened by current and former players to abuse the crap out of EJ. :(
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I feel like I'm having to explain something so simple that it's harder to explain. Like trying to explain to someone how to put one foot in front of the other to walk. Walking is easy, but explaining to someone how to walk is harder. Reminds me of training when people were trying to tell me and a group of others how to crawl on your belly and keep your mass as low as possible. People would keep sticking their head up or try not to drag along the ground despite clear verbal instruction and clear demonstration.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Seems silly to limit discussion that way but not posting there isn't much of a loss for me.

Good to know either way though.