• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Release 2 Comes to TC1

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your reasoning but it is flawed. No matter how you look at it tjey time that they had to train up is now eliminated. The time is saved regardless of when and how they set it up.
It's not flawed. I do not deny, that EJ will make it a tad more comfortable. But nevertheless the difference is negligible for a scripter, who does everything completely unattended anyways.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not flawed. I do not deny, that EJ will make it a tad more comfortable. But nevertheless the difference is negligible for a scripter, who does everything completely unattended anyways.
I do agree it won't be a huge difference but it does make it easier for the scripters/multiboxers. If this was the only thing that benifited scripters you wouldn't hear a peep from me. Unfortunatly it's not. Ore and logs have become really a scripter only trade. This publish will also make bods worthless. Also keep in mind that for each account with the 14 day trial they had to regoster a new one. With EJ all those accounts they discarded after 14 days are now useable 100% of the time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do agree it won't be a huge difference but it does make it easier for the scripters/multiboxers. If this was the only thing that benifited scripters you wouldn't hear a peep from me. Unfortunatly it's not. Ore and logs have become really a scripter only trade. This publish will also make bods worthless. Also keep in mind that for each account with the 14 day trial they had to regoster a new one. With EJ all those accounts they discarded after 14 days are now useable 100% of the time.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dungeons Felucca Dungeons & Felucca T2A Yes Power Scrolls

City Loyalty Yes
City Elections & Governorships No
Treasures of Tokuno Style Events Yes
Use Pack Animals Yes
Cleanup Britannia Yes
Zoo Donations Yes
Covetous Void Pool Yes

Basically if they have the expansion they will be able to go anywhere that paying customers can go. Can't wait to see them in Blackthorn farming away

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, whatever... i wasn't interested in PvP before and that won't change with EJ. Also I never was a rich person so I'm quite happy with my cheap 110 & 115 scrolls.
EJ is one thing for sure, a new source for doomsayers...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They will do nothing.
However i dont See any issue with RMT. ITS everyones ****ing own business. If at all they should do the Same RMT Site do for cheaper.
Actually @Mesanna said in front of about 200 people that they WERE going to do something about it. So I expect them to do so. OR, they will have a whole bunch of mad players. Just sayin'.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ROFL She also said we would have a new acct management page...

I am sure the same excuse will be used for why they cant figure any of this other stuff out. As it has been for years now.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the only thing I don't like is the inability for EJ accounts to use their bank. They are already limited to where they cannot use or access house storage. I don't think giving them access to a 125 item bank is going to break anything. In regards to real legitimate new players, is it nice to have a space to hide all your new found treasures. In regards to people returning for some PvP action, it would be nice to have a place to stash and use potions.

Everything else looks reasonable, but please reconsider bank limitations.
Yeah...I don't understand not having a bank? You can't have a house, you can't have a bank, who is going to play? You pretty much have to live out of your backpack unless you want to be restricted further by using a beetle mount.

I will have to revisit the whole list, but I don't know, there needs to be some way for players to be able to collect things. If bank boxes are an issue only because of storage concerns to server, how about making the bank pay to play? You could do something like:

EJ Free -- Bank Box 50 items
EJ Premium Tier 1 ($5) -- +25 to bank box (75 items total)
EJ Premium Tier 2 ($5) -- +25 to bank box (100 items total)
EJ Premium Tier 3 ($5) -- +25 to bank box (125 items total)

I bet you people would pay $15 up front just for 125 items in bank box instead of 50...but eh

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually @Mesanna said in front of about 200 people that they WERE going to do something about it. So I expect them to do so. OR, they will have a whole bunch of mad players. Just sayin'.
So they can't figure out how to fix it until now, what did she do pull a magic wand out her but? I am sorry I have been here for 20 years and I believe about 1% of what the DEVs say they will do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can Endless Journey accounts board and place ships?

Endless Journey accounts may board regular and if purchased, High Seas ships. Endless Journey accounts may not place a ship.

Where does it say they can't use the storage.
They said that at the beginning. They can not use containers. They can live out of a ship if they can use the storage. I guess we will find out when it is live.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said that at the beginning. They can not use containers. They can live out of a ship if they can use the storage. I guess we will find out when it is live.
Parts of it are. There is a gate on TC1 in the new area in Britain which will set your character to EJ status with the current restrictions.

People should go test things!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Parts of it are. There is a gate on TC1 in the new area in Britain which will set your character to EJ status with the current restrictions.

People should go test things!
OK since you did that. Can they put stuff in a ships storage?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do as I say not as I do. :p
:yell:
OK tested it. Cant place ship. But give ship to normal account and they can give you permission to use the ship and storage. So Atlantic will have ships all over the place. :lol:
I'd say that I was shocked that's how it worked, buuuuut I'd be lying. That's a loophole I'd expect to see fixed, even though I think its kind of stupid that they can't place ships even if they own HS.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK tested it. Cant place ship. But give ship to normal account and they can give you permission to use the ship and storage. So Atlantic will have ships all over the place. :lol:
You tested on the big ships, what about the regular ships that do not require an expansion. Can you place a ship and then give the keys to the EJ account.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You tested on the big ships, what about the regular ships that do not require an expansion. Can you place a ship and then give the keys to the EJ account.
Yes you can place a ship with a paid account and give the key to an EJ account and they can recall onboard and use the hold. The EJ account can dry dock the ship. But, the ship still belongs to the paid account. The EJ account can not get a new key from a Harbor Master. So do not lose the key.

If the EJ account buys the ship and gives the deed to a paid account, the paid account can place it and give key to the EJ account and the EJ account can recall and use storage. But, the paid account still can get a new key from harbor master and the EJ account can not.

Seems the EJ account does not really own the ship unless it stays docked.

Im with Dot. This is a bug and might be changed. I read in the 20th party thread that EJ accounts can not use ship holds.

Also, the paid account can not place a ship while the EJ account has the ship out.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well if you can't place a ship it will be hard to use the storage :p They can buy the ship and not place it? I dunno what that means lol
The wording is confusing for some I guess...what this means:

Endless Journey accounts may board regular and if purchased, High Seas ships. Endless Journey accounts may not place a ship.

What it SHOULD say is:

Endless Journey accounts may board regular ships, and if they purchase high seas they can board those ships as well but they cannot place any type of ship.

OR something to that effect....

Anyway....it would be nice if they could use a hold but they will get special storage to use....whether it's free or they have to pay a weekly/monthly rental fee for it I don't know.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you're missing something obvious about ships - so what if they can use the ship's hold - they can't use commodity deeds so even if they fill the ship's hold with logs and ore, .... it isn't gonna hold very much - not much of a problem there

logs are heavy and so is ore ... so yeah - they can script for about 15 minutes - big deal :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL so they are gonna pay $15 for 125 bank storage when they can subscribe cheaper?
Yeah--$15 would be one-time fees, that is the F2P model. $10 per /month would get them subscription, so if they only wanted to play one month, then it would be cheaper (except it would be more than $10 unless you average out $59.99)--is that what you mean? Not sure I understand your reply.

But yeah, F2P is about microtransactions, one and done. Sorry, thought that was implied since EJ is F2P (or something close to that, even though they don't want to call it F2P).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah--$15 would be one-time fees, that is the F2P model. $10 per /month would get them subscription, so if they only wanted to play one month, then it would be cheaper (except it would be more than $10 unless you average out $59.99)--is that what you mean? Not sure I understand your reply.

But yeah, F2P is about microtransactions, one and done. Sorry, thought that was implied since EJ is F2P (or something close to that, even though they don't want to call it F2P).

Ahh okay, so the vault upgrades are one time only, I thought they wre renting for monthly fees, my bad. Yeah if one time only payment for that it would be cheaper

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ur, I think "real" accounts can friend people and allow vaults to be placed in house.

I'm so lost...thought EJ couldnt access houses. Oh well, if I go, Im gone, won't be playing free, was curious mostly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The original description said the vault is a monthly fee. When they stop paying that fee the contents go up for auction.

The 20th anniversary post has all this info.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you can place a ship with a paid account and give the key to an EJ account and they can recall onboard and use the hold. The EJ account can dry dock the ship. But, the ship still belongs to the paid account. The EJ account can not get a new key from a Harbor Master. So do not lose the key.

If the EJ account buys the ship and gives the deed to a paid account, the paid account can place it and give key to the EJ account and the EJ account can recall and use storage. But, the paid account still can get a new key from harbor master and the EJ account can not.

Seems the EJ account does not really own the ship unless it stays docked.

Im with Dot. This is a bug and might be changed. I read in the 20th party thread that EJ accounts can not use ship holds.

Also, the paid account can not place a ship while the EJ account has the ship out.
TY for testing. EJ Accounts will just use ships like we did when the shards were over populated to store or extra equipment.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh okay, so the vault upgrades are one time only, I thought they wre renting for monthly fees, my bad. Yeah if one time only payment for that it would be cheaper
The original description said the vault is a monthly fee. When they stop paying that fee the contents go up for auction.

The 20th anniversary post has all this info.
Ah ok, I apologize Uriah Heep--looks like I have a bit of reading to catch up on then before I post more lol.

I do vaguely remember the vault premise, now...ok, guess we will need to see what all that means.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dev need to do something about the use of packies at idocs. there's no doubt people will open 5 or more EJ accounts, friend them all to your paid account and script loot the whole freakin idoc house. ive already seen this kind of activity at idocs. they need stop/change the ability for others to command pets. its just used for exploiting and cheating. get rid of ability the follow command will also help stop, slow down the multibot/char use where if they want to use more than one account, they actually need to use them. not auto follow, hea,l cure ect....

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dev need to do something about the use of packies at idocs. there's no doubt people will open 5 or more EJ accounts, friend them all to your paid account and script loot the whole freakin idoc house. ive already seen this kind of activity at idocs. they need stop/change the ability for others to command pets. its just used for exploiting and cheating. get rid of ability the follow command will also help stop, slow down the multibot/char use where if they want to use more than one account, they actually need to use them. not auto follow, hea,l cure ect....
Again, they can already do this so why would it change for EJ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EJ will have a storage vault, as stated several times in this thread. It won't hold as much as a bank, I wasn't at the party and don't feel like going back through the video to find it but EJ WILL have some type of storage so people need to stop freaking out over that, it's just not implemented in the TC Publish yet, they are probably still working out the logistics.

Another suggestion I would have is make the starter pack a one time purchase per master account, that would stop some of the abuse...though I know they probably won't do that because that would severely limit their revue from that....but it would be nice.
Well yes people keep saying this however there is NOTHING In the OFFICIAL publish release is there? The ONLY people saying there is going to be a vault of some kind are PLAYERS in this thread. They have put in all the detail about armor and tokens and crap that people can buy but NOWHERE do they put in anything about this vault. Yes, I know that that is what they said in the early days, and how if you had a regular account and turned it to EJ there would be some way you could get stuff out but not put it back and other stuff about it accounts that were abandoned with the stuff going to auction etc etc, but that has not eventuated.

Now if they are gonna have a vault, lets have something official on it shall we? Until then it is just rumour and not based in fact. My post still stands with 0 storage it isn't really worth playing the game, even trial accounts currently have banks.

They need to come clean on if there is gonna be this mythical vault or not.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would presume that the vault stuff will be added in a third pass to TC1.

As it is, the vault building is just a big, empty Borg cube at the moment. It is in serious need of additional world building and de-forking, regardless of how amusingly easter-eggy it may be.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Again, they can already do this so why would it change for EJ?
its for all accounts not just EJ. cheating is cheating but nothing much has done. the one thing that should matter to every player is the integrity of the game. its the one thing I expect from any game I play and pay for.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
its for all accounts not just EJ. cheating is cheating but nothing much has done. the one thing that should matter to every player is the integrity of the game. its the one thing I expect from any game I play and pay for.
I agree, but they need to stop making game design decisions to fight it and just use common sense and the ban hammer. My point was that why limit EJ for something they are already doing?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, but they need to stop making game design decisions to fight it and just use common sense and the ban hammer. My point was that why limit EJ for something they are already doing?
100% agree. EJ needs to be limited because those doing it since years don't like the competition and also have Mesanna's ear..

Chaoticmass

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why is multiboxing illegal but multiclienting is legal? Seems like the same thing.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why is multiboxing illegal but multiclienting is legal? Seems like the same thing.

Because Multiboxing controls all characters at once from one mouse and keyboard and they all do identical movement... Imagine getting ganked by 5 throwers all hitting you with AI at the same time.... etc... not cool.

Where as multiclienting you are controlling each character separately ... when one moves the others are just standing there. You have to switch to the other character to do something on that one... switch back and do something on the next one... etc... While granted you can all strike a mob say your attacking Lady M or something you can set them all up to be shooting at her... but you'd have to switch them out to AI or anything else... heal etc... much more challenging and much harder to do than simply doing 1 action for all...

Chaoticmass

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Because Multiboxing controls all characters at once from one mouse and keyboard and they all do identical movement... Imagine getting ganked by 5 throwers all hitting you with AI at the same time.... etc... not cool.

Where as multiclienting you are controlling each character separately ... when one moves the others are just standing there. You have to switch to the other character to do something on that one... switch back and do something on the next one... etc... While granted you can all strike a mob say your attacking Lady M or something you can set them all up to be shooting at her... but you'd have to switch them out to AI or anything else... heal etc... much more challenging and much harder to do than simply doing 1 action for all...
Ah yes I see. Makes total sense. Thanks.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This whole EJ thing seems half baked to me.

The idea is to allow people to play and get hooked in a 'free' world and then upsell them to a subscription or to sell them incremental content or access (storage, house etc).

The problem however, is then because of the fear of existing players using second accounts for additional benefit they have stripped down the abilities to the point that I can't see many people playing this game for 'free' with all the restrictions. I mean - the ability to not even be able to store things in a bank box - how do you save gold to buy things? How do you store extra weapons or armor? You have to live out of your backpack? Thats crazy.

I think these EJ accounts will ONLY be used for abuse now as no person would want to play this game without at least a bank box.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean - the ability to not even be able to store things in a bank box - how do you save gold to buy things?
How long haven't you played UO? Gold is a number nowadays, for over 2½ years now. Go check out Pub 90... There is no bank box involved.

How do you store extra weapons or armor? You have to live out of your backpack? Thats crazy.
There's going to be a vault, which you rent for gold. Plus you're entitled to remove a certain amount of items from your bank box.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long haven't you played UO? Gold is a number nowadays, for over 2½ years now. Go check out Pub 90... There is no bank box involved.

There's going to be a vault, which you rent for gold. Plus you're entitled to remove a certain amount of items from your bank box.
Well I guess I was assuming if there was no bank box access I would not be able to PUT gold into the bank. I mean, how do you get it in besides dropping a pile into your box? I don't know that we can test any of this stuff out - we are just going by words in the release notes.

Second - what vault? Is it like a bank box? Is it gold soveirgns or UO gold?