• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Release 2 Comes to TC1

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all banks already are too small...... they should be doubled.....this game has so many items how do you expect to lure someone into playing? I have a castle and a 18x18 and both are packed with stuff I need or use to play the game..... and the resource stuff dosent make sence either ,why would someone work up lumberjack if they cant get the "good wood" no pun intended. Honestly probably most of the resources in game now are from scripters anyways who cares......

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First of all banks already are too small...... they should be doubled.....this game has so many items how do you expect to lure someone into playing? I have a castle and a 18x18 and both are packed with stuff I need or use to play the game..... and the resource stuff dosent make sence either ,why would someone work up lumberjack if they cant get the "good wood" no pun intended. Honestly probably most of the resources in game now are from scripters anyways who cares......
WOW I have 2 Castles+ other houses and they are full of junk. What could you possibly need for a max of 14 chars, understanding that you can only play 1 char per account at a time, that would require that much equipment/stuff to play UO and please do not say resources because after 20 years I have a ton of resources. Sure lets just give Scripters free acounts so the will shut down all their paid accounts so we can finally kill UO.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a keep on LS and a Large Tower on Atlantic. Do you know how much storage I use? Maybe 2% combined between the two. On Atl, I keep various Shadowguard pieces/backpack drops (when I actually feel like doing it...), plus a mannequin for suit swapping. On LS: pots, scroll binders, soulstones, multiple mannequins, some other random stuff.

in short: You don't really need that much to actually play UO.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I guess I was assuming if there was no bank box access I would not be able to PUT gold into the bank. I mean, how do you get it in besides dropping a pile into your box? I don't know that we can test any of this stuff out - we are just going by words in the release notes.

Second - what vault? Is it like a bank box? Is it gold soveirgns or UO gold?
EJBank.jpg

There is a new option on the banking gump...Make deposit into currency account...selecting this will bring up a cursor that you use to target gold in your pack to be put into your ~bank~

These things are available for testing on Test Center

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I guess I was assuming if there was no bank box access I would not be able to PUT gold into the bank. I mean, how do you get it in besides dropping a pile into your box? I don't know that we can test any of this stuff out - we are just going by words in the release notes.
I would assume, that the vault behaves exactly like a bank box. So if you drop some gold there, it is added to your account. Although this is only speculation, but would make perfect sense in my book.

Second - what vault? Is it like a bank box? Is it gold soveirgns or UO gold?
There isn't much known about the vault, except that if you don't pay the rent, the content gets auctioned off.
Let's not complicate things more than they are and just call them sovereigns (the in-game shop currency), NOT "gold sovereigns", so we don't mix it up with gold (the currency which drops in-game). They're also just called "sovereigns" in the origin store.
As far as I understood it, you rent it with gold, but I'm not sure there was any official word on it. Sovereigns would be extreme. Making the game F2P (yes, EJ is F2P in my book) and then having to pay real cash for any storage at all? Pff..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then why are my two houses always full?

The pay gold to store in a vault will take some gold out of circulation from Vet players that open some EJ accounts.
A real new player would be fine.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then why are my two houses always full?

The pay gold to store in a vault will take some gold out of circulation from Vet players that open some EJ accounts.
A real new player would be fine.
We all collect way to much pixel junk.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a keep on LS and a Large Tower on Atlantic. Do you know how much storage I use? Maybe 2% combined between the two. On Atl, I keep various Shadowguard pieces/backpack drops (when I actually feel like doing it...), plus a mannequin for suit swapping. On LS: pots, scroll binders, soulstones, multiple mannequins, some other random stuff.

Unless you enjoy crafting, decorating or collecting... or helping new/returning players... but yes if you want to do nothing but PvP... or something... and you play to make money/gold... for selling or something... sure you don't need any storage at all for that.

But if you want to play, be part of a community, craft, deco, etc... and enjoy keeping the gifts/rewards given... then yes you need storage.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure if anything has changed with the update, but as a returning vet planning on using only EJ, not having the bank is a deal breaker for me.

The rest of the restrictions were fine.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it almost comedic that people think EJ will be a success. Implemented and operated by people who, as of March 22nd, have not been able to stop the mouse and owl from telling me repeatedly over and over ad nauseum that the Artisan festival is live in Yew!!!! Color my level of confidence in this as a -1.

The same people who thought it would be fun to raise champ altars high enough that an archer standing on one side of the skull cannot target a mob on the other side of the steps...

Who, even tho they implemented the spawn and EC, cant duplicate and fix the ghost mobs, which seems to have gotten worse lately.

Yup, this is gonna be interesting.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No one expects it to be perfect. What should be expected is for the players not to be so toxic constructive criticism isn't seen. I swear every patch it's the same toxicity. No one bothers to think "Oh, maybe now that they've done this initial step we can help them make it even better." Instead it's, blah this change hurts me in the only feel I have.. QQ.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Oh, maybe now that they've done this initial step we can help them make it even better."
Yer kiddin, right? lol
After years of half assed half finished stuff, that never get revisited (they already said they are not gonna work on the bods, and there are others, most notable lately, the jewelry box--missing house tiles anyone?) you think it's because suddenly we quit cheerleading that this sloppiness came about?

Wrong.

It came about because they got to expecting us to take whatever they throw out there and be happy-and that was caused by the constant cheerleaders ooohing and aahhhhhing over every piece of crap no matter what was wrong. "Just be glad we got what we got" they said.

There[s a rather large contingent, that if they logged in tomorrow with dog turds in their pack, would cheer about it, and ask Mesanna to dye them their shard color. And never mind that they would look more like buffalo chips, and the angle of the art was wrong...just sayin

If the players don't hold their feet to the fire, and demand better, it won't ever get better. Period. The team has definitely lived down to our expectations.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There[s a rather large contingent, that if they logged in tomorrow with dog turds in their pack, would cheer about it, and ask Mesanna to dye them their shard color. And never mind that they would look more like buffalo chips, and the angle of the art was wrong...just sayin
New store item. Bag of turds. Only 1000 Sovereigns. UO is saved!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yer kiddin, right? lol
After years of half assed half finished stuff, that never get revisited (they already said they are not gonna work on the bods, and there are others, most notable lately, the jewelry box--missing house tiles anyone?) you think it's because suddenly we quit cheerleading that this sloppiness came about?

Wrong.

It came about because they got to expecting us to take whatever they throw out there and be happy-and that was caused by the constant cheerleaders ooohing and aahhhhhing over every piece of crap no matter what was wrong. "Just be glad we got what we got" they said.

If the players don't hold their feet to the fire, and demand better, it won't ever get better. Period. The team has definitely lived down to our expectations.
US:
GrowingMushrooms.png

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it almost comedic that people think EJ will be a success.
But it will be a success. Just think of all the dormant UO accounts that will be opened by current UO players and all the free fodder accounts that will be opened trying to control the PS Market./VvV and PVP. We could also add BOD Scripters and BOD filling bots so the scripters can use the paid accounts to script more resources. With no advertisement EJ as far as the rest of the world will be a flop.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But it will be a success. Just think of all the dormant UO accounts that will be opened by current UO players and all the free fodder accounts that will be opened trying to control the PS Market./VvV and PVP. We could also add BOD Scripters and BOD filling bots so the scripters can use the paid accounts to script more resources. With no advertisement EJ as far as the rest of the world will be a flop.
EJ cannot receive power scrolls right?

And are limited to normal ore and wood?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Can't receive them no, but that doesn't stop them from being able to kill and advance the spawn, or damage the champ while in party with someone who can receive the scrolls.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

EJ can fight the spawn/other players but not receive PSs so they will be use as fodder to try to protect the paid players doing the spawn or they will be used as fodder to attack the players doing the spawn and when beat down enough the paid PvPers will come in kill them and finished off the spawn. Also remember that EJ can use all scrolls that paid accounts can use.
EJ will fill BODs and collect BODs while the current paid bots are all converted over to gather resources.
EJ will be allowed into any land that they have an expansion to and be able to do any spawn that a paid account can do.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hope they change their mind about the bank
Can't receive them no, but that doesn't stop them from being able to kill and advance the spawn, or damage the champ while in party with someone who can receive the scrolls.
This doesn't really seem to change anything.

They've been doing this for years.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
EJ can fight the spawn/other players but not receive PSs so they will be use as fodder to try to protect the paid players doing the spawn or they will be used as fodder to attack the players doing the spawn and when beat down enough the paid PvPers will come in kill them and finished off the spawn. Also remember that EJ can use all scrolls that paid accounts can use.
EJ will fill BODs and collect BODs while the current paid bots are all converted over to gather resources.
EJ will be allowed into any land that they have an expansion to and be able to do any spawn that a paid account can do.

Not much difference as it is now.

Though they should axe bods on EJ accounts.

For pvp I'd like them to open the banks so I can adjust my suits as needed and store potions etc.

I can do this with a spare account but only want to play casually, and don't want to go through that hassle.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I hope they change their mind about the bank

This doesn't really seem to change anything.

They've been doing this for years.
Sure it does, right now trial accounts can not visit Fel dungeons or Fel T2A, or at least they are not supposed too. Any bots you see are paid accounts, with the EJ people doing this won't be limited by their checkbook anymore.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sure it does, right now trial accounts can not visit Fel dungeons or Fel T2A, or at least they are not supposed too. Any bots you see are paid accounts, with the EJ people doing this won't be limited by their checkbook anymore.
Usually the ones using bots weren't limited to checkbooks.

I used gold to pay for playtime too.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not much difference as it is now.

Though they should axe bods on EJ accounts.

For pvp I'd like them to open the banks so I can adjust my suits as needed and store potions etc.

I can do this with a spare account but only want to play casually, and don't want to go through that hassle.
Huge difference

Trial Account Restrictions:
Trial Accounts have the following resource restrictions –
  • Will only receive basic ores and logs (iron, plain logs) even if they’d otherwise qualify for better types
  • Will not receive sand or stone when mining
    • Cannot use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls, or Scrolls of Transcendence
    • Cannot acquire BOD’s
[bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/trail-accounts/[/bcolor]

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Huge difference

Trial Account Restrictions:
Trial Accounts have the following resource restrictions –
  • Will only receive basic ores and logs (iron, plain logs) even if they’d otherwise qualify for better types
  • Will not receive sand or stone when mining
    • Cannot use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls, or Scrolls of Transcendence
    • Cannot acquire BOD’s
[bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/trail-accounts/[/bcolor]
I believe we are discussing the use of bots in general. This doesn't really change anything other than the use of gold if they use more than two accounts.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe we are discussing the use of bots in general. This doesn't really change anything other than the use of gold if they use more than two accounts.
What does gold have anything to do with what a trial account or an EJ account can or can not do.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Which is another game ToS violation they should be cracking down on. You aren't supposed to be trading gold for game time.
The laundry list is long for the things they choose to ignore, but you got me there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What does gold have anything to do with what a trial account or an EJ account can or can not do.
The two aren't connected. Really the point i guess was that the reference to bots doesn't really apply since they've been doing it for years with gold paid accounts.

Please don't mistake it for a difference as a whole.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The two aren't connected. Really the point i guess was that the reference to bots doesn't really apply since they've been doing it for years with gold paid accounts.

Please don't mistake it for a difference as a whole.
If the are being paid for with cash, no matter how that cash is earned, then they are a paid account and have all the same rules as any paid account. If they are true Trial Accounts or EJ Accounts then what they can and can not do is huge when compared to each other. Yes currently every BOT is a paid account but that will change very quickly with EJ.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If the are being paid for with cash, no matter how that cash is earned, then they are a paid account and have all the same rules as any paid account. If they are true Trial Accounts or EJ Accounts then what they can and can not do is huge when compared to each other. Yes currently every BOT is a paid account but that will change very quickly with EJ.
Sure, you could argue the difference of payment and that'd be true. But the overall impact of bots will probably not change as much as people fear. You'll probably see a couple in fel, but not much benefit.

It's likely they will still need a couple accounts for spawns because of protection giving an extra 6 scrolls.

I'm really not sure how much the bots would really speed up a spawn, especially on an active shard.

They are generally ran with an auto auto que script and auto heal, or one in the same and die pretty quickly because they are set to specific time intervals.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure, you could argue the difference of payment and that'd be true. But the overall impact of bots will probably not change as much as people fear. You'll probably see a couple in fel, but not much benefit.

It's likely they will still need a couple accounts for spawns because of protection giving an extra 6 scrolls.

I'm really not sure how much the bots would really speed up a spawn, especially on an active shard.

They are generally ran with an auto auto que script and auto heal, or one in the same and die pretty quickly because they are set to specific time intervals.
Lets just take Mining and BOD collecting/filling all are being done under paid accounts but with EJ all the BOD BOTs can now be converted to Mining BOTs or closed down because EJ Accounts can now be opened for free to replace them.

Every person at the champ spawn is a paid account but under EJ they will be allowed in and can be trained up just like a paid account so they could make a HUGE difference.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lets just take Mining and BOD collecting/filling all are being done under paid accounts but with EJ all the BOD BOTs can now be converted to Mining BOTs or closed down because EJ Accounts can now be opened for free to replace them.

Every person at the champ spawn is a paid account but under EJ they will be allowed in and can be trained up just like a paid account so they could make a HUGE difference.
Sure, small end Bods could possibly be abused.

It's been awhile but I don't recall rewards being particularly great and the math at the time didn't pan out to be in favor of making much if anything.

But I must defer, I don't recall their changes in its entirety.

Though about the spawns it could just be a difference of opinion, since it isn't anything new to me to see people try and use bots to farm scrolls.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure, small end Bods could possibly be abused.

It's been awhile but I don't recall rewards being particularly great and the math at the time didn't pan out to be in favor of making much if anything.

But I must defer, I don't recall their changes in its entirety.

Though about the spawns it could just be a difference of opinion, since it isn't anything new to me to see people try and use bots to farm scrolls.
Look at what a trial and an EJ can and can not do. It doesn't say low end body only it just says they can't bribe them up. I haven't seen BOD BOTS in a long time but now that they are free you could easily see them return and those BOTs can be trained up and use PSs just like any paid account. There are still some rewards worth doing but with the scripters I can see even that modest living drying up.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Look at what a trial and an EJ can and can not do. It doesn't say low end body only it just says they can't bribe them up. I haven't seen BOD BOTS in a long time but now that they are free you could easily see them return and those BOTs can be trained up and use PSs just like any paid account. There are still some rewards worth doing but with the scripters I can see even that modest living drying up.
There's probably some truth here, I made the leap to assume they're low end since they would only be able to bot mine low end resources.
I also assumed the high end materials would still be limited.

But I have been wrong before.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's probably some truth here, I made the leap to assume they're low end since they would only be able to bot mine low end resources.
I also assumed the high end materials would still be limited.

But I have been wrong before.
All we can do is wait and see but I can see EJ really messing up UO for the paid customer to the extent that UO will lose subs because of it. I haven't played in almost a year (rl sucks sometime) and am slowly getting back into UO and will seriously look at how EJ is going to affect me as a baying customer and if it is still a game I can live with.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
All we can do is wait and see but I can see EJ really messing up UO for the paid customer to the extent that UO will lose subs because of it. I haven't played in almost a year (rl sucks sometime) and am slowly getting back into UO and will seriously look at how EJ is going to affect me as a baying customer and if it is still a game I can live with.
I really have no intention of getting back into UO heavily, but I do miss the pvp when it could be found.

For players like me who want to play casually they can hope to attract in case they want to spend some cash here and there.

Though it'll be difficult if I don't have access to all my gear etc that I stuffed in the bank before I left.

I don't recall what I left in the houses before they dropped.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So having tested on restrictions on TC1 there is no access at all to your bank box.

I thought you’d be able to take out a limited number of items. Looks like they have made it so if you want to see what you left behind... Subscribe!

The bank box should be available, why would you possible want to stay and spend money on the shop items etc if you have no way to store them.

Loss of revenue in my mind. Would be better if they just placed a smaller limit say 50 items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So having tested on restrictions on TC1 there is no access at all to your bank box.

I thought you’d be able to take out a limited number of items. Looks like they have made it so if you want to see what you left behind... Subscribe!

The bank box should be available, why would you possible want to stay and spend money on the shop items etc if you have no way to store them.

Loss of revenue in my mind. Would be better if they just placed a smaller limit say 50 items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the bank box should be available or what's the point of returning? Though I believe it should be functional as normal and not restricted.

Everything else seems to be limited in a manner that this shouldn't affect anything.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I would go with leaving the bank box as is, and selling additional vault space as needed...not having housing is enough of a crippler