• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98.2 Coming Next Week

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, not even all of the plain mobs, all the time.

I think they went through and set the quick decay manually, by room - and missed some of them.

I also noticed that today, some of the rooms' spawn has changed - which sucks. The summoning room had no blood foxes, demons or Balrons, unless someone lured them off before I got there (I ran between the elf and that room (snowman) to get a level 6 focus), and the spawn waves reflect what has been killed - if someone has lured them off they won't respawn until dead. a few last remaining doors in the rooms disappeared as well, making the fair right corner room downstairs with the demons and balrons that much more dangerous. The room with the crypts also was missing its demons.

We didn't need less BIG spawn - we needed the small stuff that loots (ESPCIALLY liches/lich lords) tweaked. The only times the Balrons, demons and blood foxes are an issue are when the boss is up, or we get a balron and blood fox both paragon at the same time (they hit the same target, that target's probably dead unless someone already has an invis precast to drop on them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought my fww/goo fire steed... why? Path of least resistance. He cut through the spawn solo without issue. Sampire guildmate.. same. Both of us together...Was too much for the spawn.
And in a room with 5 weavers, or Mystics your buddy will be standing there stroking his sword, while you pick boogers out of your pets nose.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Corpse rummaging just needs to be removed globally. Even with normal spawn I rarely seem to recover my item from the corpse of whatever mob rummaged me, I usually get the "You cannot loot that" message. :rolleyes2:
100% agreed! The number of Bags of Sending I have lost just doesn't bear thinking about...:(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They fixed paragon Nightmares not being gold. Very nice. Before I found out by my pet or myself dying all of a sudden. I was surprised when I saw the first one. Hmm that ones a weird color...

upload_2017-10-14_12-42-15.png

My Wolf Spider found it quite tasty.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the fact that sorcerors dungeon favors necro weavers. I usually never get a chance to use mine. so it's been enjoyable to finally play that char and get a lot of drops

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And in a room with 5 weavers, or Mystics your buddy will be standing there stroking his sword, while you pick boogers out of your pets nose.
I was merely mentioning those two classes with AOE could keep the spawn cleared out. So you missed the point of that comment.

When the spawn is more busy and i *have* to go down there, I use my unicorn with my spellweaving tamer. And my sampire friend uses his necro/spellweaver. As I said, path of least resistance. With the exception of the first few days/weekends, i dont think i have seen 5 sw/mystic/necros in there at once. And amazingly enough our server actually has a couple sampires who frequent the dungeon and they end up doing rather well.

And the most gain with the least amount of work would be...to come back at a later time.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was merely mentioning those two classes with AOE could keep the spawn cleared out. So you missed the point of that comment.

When the spawn is more busy and i *have* to go down there, I use my unicorn with my spellweaving tamer. And my sampire friend uses his necro/spellweaver. As I said, path of least resistance. With the exception of the first few days/weekends, i dont think i have seen 5 sw/mystic/necros in there at once. And amazingly enough our server actually has a couple sampires who frequent the dungeon on our server and they end up doing rather well.

And the most gain with the least amount of work would be...to come back at a later time.
I guess a lot of us miss your points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the best time I had there was in the serpent room when everybody happened to leave. I was alone for a few minutes. Then an archer came in. It was great. We could kill the spawn quick enough. Put my pet on the mean paragons. and just fire chain lightning on every spawn. We finished that room and started the cookie monster room and about half way thru 2 others showed up. Was still good.

But, that was 1:30am Not a normal situation.

I just left the room after the headless elf. 5 people besides me. 2 had trees two had EVs one tamer. There was no reason to get off my pet. I had a 50/50 chance of getting one mob per spawn. Things were dead in a second.

The only rooms that can support 5 players are the last 3. Ive taken goo pets there but they barely have a chance to kill anything below boss or para Balron. The only time I have seen any pet AoE fire is when they are on a boss. Everything else is dead before the pet gets to them. I feel bad for the poor tamers standing next to me. I chain lightning everything before their pet can get to anything.

I get drops. Have the bag, heart, jack in box, jawbone, the Jack killer title and 50 points waiting. I do feel bad for the others that try to melee or pet attack anything near me in all but the last 3 rooms.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now we have this going on. I stayed a few minutes and picked off a few mobs in the corners. Got 2 drops. Now going to do something else.

upload_2017-10-14_21-16-36.png

Please use Kotl city for future events.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... and there is a paragon nightmare fairy on Baja this very minute that is going to sit there indefinitely.
I hope the publish fixes that kind of **********ery.
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna please make it so that the nightmare fairy and Jack don't show up as paragons. Their hp regen is too ridiculously high. It takes HOURS for a LARGE GROUP to kill those things, and we just plain don't have large groups on low-population shards.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This Mini Bosses in the event should never become Paragons like all the boss-monsters in Ilshenar so as the bosses to the champs Spawns.

And ...*thinking* if we ever reached a 25th Anniversary - plz begun much more earlier to plan events and make longer test phases :)
Thanks for your understandings!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... and there is a paragon nightmare fairy on Baja this very minute that is going to sit there indefinitely.
I hope the publish fixes that kind of **********ery.
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna please make it so that the nightmare fairy and Jack don't show up as paragons. Their hp regen is too ridiculously high. It takes HOURS for a LARGE GROUP to kill those things, and we just plain don't have large groups on low-population shards.
We have killed this repeatedly with 3-4 characters. If your tamers have cu's then yeah... you arent going to beat her regen. But honestly, her regen as a paragon isnt that bad, but she does take awhile to kill.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The most ridiculous thing about the fairy is it's 300+ wrestling (350+ on a paragon).
I am seriously missing Doom and KOTL. I tried a mystic weaver there and got a whooping amount of 3 drops in 40 or so minutes. And I just can't even walk there when there is more than 3 people around.
It becomes a pure lag fest. This is just not being worth doing for me. It is neither fun nor rewarding.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have killed this repeatedly with 3-4 characters. If your tamers have cu's then yeah... you arent going to beat her regen. But honestly, her regen as a paragon isnt that bad, but she does take awhile to kill.
Fire damage. I've had best results with a fire beetle, although I'm not the only one that takes one down. 4/5 slot with Rune Corruption.

I am seriously missing Doom and KOTL. I tried a mystic weaver there and got a whooping amount of 3 drops in 40 or so minutes. And I just can't even walk there when there is more than 3 people around.
Both were easier to get drops in. In Doom, my mystic could time Nether Cyclone perfectly with the Dark Guardians respawn. Got 1-2 drops at a time. Kotl City, from the little I did of it, was even easier. With the Sorcerer's Dungeon, I can get loot rights on pretty much EVERYTHING (using a necro/weaver) that spawns in a wave and not get a drop - if I do get a drop, it's always 1 per wave. This happens over and over. I got a Jawbone, Bag of Tricks, then got enough for another Jawbone, at which point I stopped going into the dungeon.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Kotl I could get between 25 and 40 per hour if I really tried. I can get about 20-25 per cycle in the Sorcerer's Dungeon.

That being said, nobody wants to know how many I have turned in so far this year...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fire damage. I've had best results with a fire beetle, although I'm not the only one that takes one down. 4/5 slot with Rune Corruption.
Since her fire resist is already so low, we do a chiv fire steed, only 80% fire damage, but works well

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since her fire resist is already so low, we do a chiv fire steed, only 80% fire damage, but works well
oh, Fire Beetles do 100%. I've never actually paid attention to how much. haha. Anyway. I do have a Fire Steed, but it hasn't been leveled at all, so it'd just get obliterated if I took it to fight the Paragon Nightmare Fairy. I love Rune Corruption though...actually, that gives me an idea, because I still have a 1-slot Fire Beetle.

If I'm on my weaver for it, I throw Corpse Skin on it too.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its definitely accelerated.
Yes, definitely accelerated. I lost a bag of over 20 Origin items because the lich that looted me disappeared 10 seconds after I got a rez. Lesson learned. Now I carry a couple of bags with junk and a couple piles of gold. I have still had items looted off my corpse but now that I carry heavier items it is rare.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what the team needs to do now is keep this momentum going...to keep us gaming thru May a constant stream of event stuff.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Travesty also has 318 wrestling now. I doubt that was intended, probably a by-product of the sorcerer dungeon boss code. Sure she can be killed but it takes an awful long time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Travesty also has 318 wrestling now. I doubt that was intended, probably a by-product of the sorcerer dungeon boss code. Sure she can be killed but it takes an awful long time.
And here I was considering doing some run this weekend. 318 wrestling on her is definitely awful.
I will also check Dreadhorn to see if that bled to other ML peerless as well.