• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98.2 Coming Next Week

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We would like to update you on our publish schedule for the remaining content in Publish 98. We are currently targeting next week to publish the following to all shards, Available today – the Undead Wedding tophat and veil bundle in the Ultima Store These items can be equipped to turn your character a ghostly hue! Fix for Treasures of Halloween on those shards impacted by the spawning issue. All shards will have the Treasures of Halloween extended through November 14th, 2017. Activation of the graveyard skeletons. Skeletons will be active through November 14th, 2017. Extension of Trick or […]

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
never mind, found it in the 20th anv notes, Ethereal Serpentine Dragon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't wait for those dragons... not really sure it will get Kreepy off of his Hellhound (because I LOVE that mount) but we will see... kinda depends on the price though.. I almost cringe at what I imagine they will be selling at in game.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok so i was curious and had to buy a set to know what it looked like.

what the hell is up with images?
i cant post images!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't wait for those dragons... not really sure it will get Kreepy off of his Hellhound (because I LOVE that mount) but we will see... kinda depends on the price though.. I almost cringe at what I imagine they will be selling at in game.
I have hungry pet[s to feed.[

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did!

i cant post the pic, its all messed up!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ok so i was curious and had to buy a set to know what it looked like.

what the hell is up with images?
i cant post images!!!

Yeah, Photobucket changed their stuff, had to find a different site to host my sig not too long ago... I just upload them to Stratics now.

On a strange note, the photos were not showing on your main post but when I quoted your post they showed in the quote area on my reply. Even refreshed the screen thinking you hosted them at diff site or something and they were now appearing in your original post but they still weren't

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOVE THE CHEST TOO!!

Great job! :)

TopHat.jpg

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
whatever, something here on stratics has changed, im not doing anything different then i have for the last 20 years.
and i have a paid account at photobucket so its not that issue.

when i hit the edit button i can SEE my pic, but when i hit post it shows nothing!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
whatever, something here on stratics has changed, im not doing anything different then i have for the last 20 years.
and i have a paid account at photobucket so its not that issue.

when i hit the edit button i can SEE my pic, but when i hit post it shows nothing!
I dunno, on all normal stratics pics I have always just uploaded them to the message I was posting. Definitely puzzling with you having the paid Photobucket though. Thought that was supposed to fix it...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just upload from my computer or attach them to my media folder here on Stratics.

Might be a browser issue or we can just blame Nexus for messing something up here at Stratics..I usually do :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are they going to change the dungeon spawn so all fighting type characters can have a chance at killing the spawn and getting a drop

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So are they going to change the dungeon spawn so all fighting type characters can have a chance at killing the spawn and getting a drop
My guess would be no, prob way too late to re-code everything to do that. BUT.. that is us "testers" on Test Center fault lol. We did not think about hogging all the spawn like other players did once it hit production shards... guess we were all too courteous or something. Next time I go test stuff I will put on my "A-hole" hat and try to think like they do to see if I can screw it up for everyone and give feedback on that part of it...

Someone is gonna think I am kidding on that.. but I ain't :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You saw 20 graveyard spawn pop up and the first thing you didn't think of was chain lightning? What do you use on any first level spawn?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swords parry tactics anatomy healing all 120
Chivalry 80
Focus 40

Or a tamer

Either class above can compete with the necro mage spellweaver mysticism highbreads

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My guess would be no, prob way too late to re-code everything to do that. BUT.. that is us "testers" on Test Center fault lol. We did not think about hogging all the spawn like other players did once it hit production shards... guess we were all too courteous or something. Next time I go test stuff I will put on my "A-hole" hat and try to think like they do to see if I can screw it up for everyone and give feedback on that part of it...

Someone is gonna think I am kidding on that.. but I ain't :)
Here is part of the problem. Devs listen to the wrong people on test center. This issue was seen on test center. Did no one who tested in the group kyronix was there for.... bring a sampire? A pet with aoe? Was everyone single targeting everything?

Devs have to be in the mindset of human nature. Getting the most out of something with minimal work. Why do very few players play shield and board warriors anymore? Why do very few tamers do the mage tamer (talking just Magery/eval) templates? There are other more effective templates. Time is finite and the most valuable thing we possess. I have even see this reason used by a multi boxer on my server. Right or wrong, it's human nature. And when creating games you have to account for it. It's why some mmo designers hire sociologists and pyschologists when designing.

The true testers on test center probably say very little but find the most efficient way to do something/take advantage of something before it goes live. Those are the ones that need to be watched.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Here is part of the problem. Devs listen to the wrong people on test center. This issue was seen on test center. Did no one who tested in the group kyronix was there for.... bring a sampire? A pet with aoe? Was everyone single targeting everything?
I mean they can only listen to the players that are there and are limited to the playstyles the players have xferred over. I was not there for every round that feedback was provided for but the rounds I was there for the majority of folks were on tamers. There was one melee warrior I can remember but he was muted kinda quick because he was a 100% troll, just being nothing but the quintessential asshat. But, once Kyronix unmuted him he did not provide any feedback of "I could not attack anytyhing" because he was able to attack things as the people there were not being "mob hogs" (as I like to call them)....

Let me ask you a question though @Khaelor .. if ya don't mind.. how often to you hit TC to test the content before it hits production shards? For most folks that answer is in all honesty "Never"... If folks would take a couple of hours to assist in testing the content then maybe a lot of other viewpoints would be taken into consideration before it rolled out to prodo shards. And nah, ain't meaning that as a dig on you or anything.. heck, I was in the "Never" end of the pool not too long ago.. but found out if I hit the content on test then it gives me a nice little edge in getting the "latest greatest item" that is coming in the content and let's me be among the first ones selling it so I can take advantage of the nice prices that entails :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dunno, on all normal stratics pics I have always just uploaded them to the message I was posting. Definitely puzzling with you having the paid Photobucket though. Thought that was supposed to fix it...
Paid Photobucket is only a temp solution... they sent me a letter saying it would stop allowing it soon... I told them when it does they can take their service and shove where the sun don't shine and told them they were making a MASSIVE mistake. One I'm sure will cost them dearly in subscriptions...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do very few tamers do the mage tamer (talking just Magery/eval) templates?
It has room for all the skills to be 120 if you want. Easy suit to make. I have 103 SDI with a 30 slayer book. Chain lightning kills every mob there in one hit up to Lich. Para lich and para lich lord take 2 3 hits. Invis and use pet for the higher paragons and balrons. Just keep blasting the spawn.

Sometimes it is too crowded to kill more than one spawn per cycle. Come back later, sometimes the screen fills with bolts and bodies. And you get to die a lot when there is no crowd and your right in the middle of the room when paragons spawn. Pet gets you drops while dead.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Paid Photobucket is only a temp solution... they sent me a letter saying it would stop allowing it soon... I told them when it does they can take their service and shove where the sun don't shine and told them they were making a MASSIVE mistake. One I'm sure will cost them dearly in subscriptions...
Yeah, that is a stupid move on their part.. a "photo hosting site" that does not let ya put them anywhere? LOL.. kinda like a house painter that wants your money but will not paint your house if ya ask me.. *shrugs*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 taming lore mage Med eval
116 vet

Only 45 sdi
Precast chain lightning or meteor. EVs work better than pets on the low lvl spawn in the small areas. Pets are better for the last 3 rooms.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks I’ll try it

Been trying to find spellweaving scrolls to fill a book only have 7
I lost my old book I have spellweaving stoned buts only at 87.6
No books scrolls or mastery’s pac
I only have a 105 ps as well

By time I max out that skill and find all the other items it will next Halloween lol

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. I was not there for every round that feedback was provided for but the rounds I was there for the majority of folks were on tamers......... as the people there were not being "mob hogs" (as I like to call them)....

Let me ask you a question though @Khaelor .. if ya don't mind.. how often to you hit TC to test the content before it hits production shards?
First time I took my tamer on tc1, I brought my fww/goo fire steed... why? Path of least resistance. He cut through the spawn solo without issue. Sampire guildmate.. same. Both of us together...Was too much for the spawn.

As for testing? Last patch at a minimum 40 hours between a guildmate and myself. We were making fresh copies nearl daily. I called out donovan on the tamer forums for giving out misinformation that got people in a tizzy and further spread the misinformation.

If I am actively playing, I will test anything on test center. My guildie is a former software tester, he is also very active on tc.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If I am actively playing, I will test anything on test center.
Wow.. great deal :thumbsup:

Do you find the Devs unresponsive to your feedback or something? I mean most of the feedback that the group(s) I was testing with were addressed.. one of them even caused an unexpected issue sadly. The "quicker decay rate on corpses" was feedback I gave and they implemented because there were way too many corpses on the ground.. so many that you really could not pull bars at all even with cntrl/shift..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, because they didn't turn looting off the now-quickly-decaying monsters, people are losing stuff (can only imagine how bad it is on SP in that regard), and there's not even a chance for someone to save the stuff for them, because the monster corpses decay before they become public.

I was like "didn't we go through this exact same thing with the 2005 Britain invasion?" (but there, they eventually did turn off the looters, which stayed turned off for all the later invasions that used that code as a base for the next 12 years).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Corpse rummaging just needs to be removed globally. Even with normal spawn I rarely seem to recover my item from the corpse of whatever mob rummaged me, I usually get the "You cannot loot that" message. :rolleyes2:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Corpse rummaging just needs to be removed globally. Even with normal spawn I rarely seem to recover my item from the corpse of whatever mob rummaged me, I usually get the "You cannot loot that" message. :rolleyes2:
no, the bad thing is when you quickly res then kill the offending critter but you dont have looting rights.
that sucks dirty pancakes!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
dont mind me, i just wanna test posting a pic to see if im still buggy

looks like its working once again!

uber strange, i didnt change anything from this afternoon, did the exact same process!
oh well, at least im working once more, i can post me pretty pics!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no, the bad thing is when you quickly res then kill the offending critter but you dont have looting rights.
that sucks dirty pancakes!
I didn't know this was even possible until then, but a couple years ago a monster rummaged me... I killed it, and right before I was about to get my item back another monster walked by and looted the same item off the dead monsters corpse. It was then promptly killed by a random person walking by so I didn't have looting rights. That was an interesting experience...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a mob loots you, you automatically have looting rights to loot only what it took from you....

If you actually earned looting rights on a mob that looted you, it'll show your instanced loot mixed with whatever it had taken from you.

I also have yet to see anything in the Sorcerer's Dungeon decay at an accelerated rate.

There always seems to be a public loot phase in the Sorc-Dungeon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If a mob loots you, you automatically have looting rights to loot only what it took from you....

If you actually earned looting rights on a mob that looted you, it'll show your instanced loot mixed with whatever it had taken from you.

I also have yet to see anything in the Sorcerer's Dungeon decay at an accelerated rate.

There always seems to be a public loot phase in the Sorc-Dungeon.
its definitely accelerated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The plain mobs bodies go fast. The paragons and bosses stay till public.

Reactions: S_S