• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Bug Fixes

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;)

Market gouging, plain and simple. The players don't need them now, but with pet skill training likely still in high demand, they'll sell for ridiculous amounts. Once pets stop needing scrolls + people run out of stable slots, prices should fall back to normal. For the people who've run out of 120's, you'll have to do spawns to get more (or pay an arm and a leg), and you could theoretically go 10+ spawns without seeing anything higher than a 115.

Honestly, it really isn't THAT hard to speedrun spawns, although it depends on which one you're doing - Oaks will take a bit of time because of terrain + your willingness/unwillingness to lose karma. Your time also varies based on the templates you bring. An archer? Great for the bosses, not so much for the spawn itself. Same with a thrower. Leveling the spawn can be rough on a melee whammy (which is also great for bosses), but you still have bandage heals, curse weapon, and whirlwind (I still prefer a sampire for mass mob killing though.)
As I said, I believe you can finish in 10 - 20 mins, I just dont believe most of players can.

The plain and simple fact is that if most of players can easily get the scrolls in 10 - 30 mins, the price would not go so high.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As of now, I usually can finish a Semidar or Neira spawn in 35, 40 minutes tops. It was 10 or so minutes faster before they decreased the number of critters that are active from levels 1 and 2 of the spawn.
For Turtle, it usually takes 60 to 70 minutes to solo.

Of course, then it comes to RNG giving you good scrolls. Which doesn't happen often.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Garth and The Bo did a baracoon in 17 minutes one night. I call shanannigans on anyone saying they can solo it in 10 minutes.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always toggled the old "open paperdoll" key which then would agro everything to my char. One-three whirlwinds with 50+ hit area, everything was dead and I'm on to the next group. It's not that hard if you take the time to research what weapons and mods to use and it's even easier with that Camo thing. Sure the spawn reduction slowed it down a bit but it didn't add 20 mins to the champ.

If you plan to win it just might happen.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always toggled the old "open paperdoll" key which then would agro everything to my char. One-three whirlwinds with 50+ hit area, everything was dead and I'm on to the next group. It's not that hard if you take the time to research what weapons and mods to use and it's even easier with that Camo thing. Sure the spawn reduction slowed it down a bit but it didn't add 20 mins to the champ.

If you plan to win it just might happen.
No idea what hack you're referring to.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a marco you can add to the game, been there for almost 20 years called "open paperdoll". Werks like a boss hack but that's just information that I thought every established player knew.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a marco you can add to the game, been there for almost 20 years called "open paperdoll". Werks like a boss hack but that's just information that I thought every established player knew.
So opening a paperdoll aggros everything on screen? Does that work in EC?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So opening a paperdoll aggros everything on screen? Does that work in EC?
I'm not sure if it works in the EC. I just set my mouse wheel to target next / last enemy. Then go into war mode and run around scrolling my mouse wheel.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who made the Dragonwolf?
Surely it must be bugged or something??
For a 4 slot pet, apart from Str it is absolutely useless......infact apart from the Str, the Lesser Hiryu 1 slot is better......

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who made the Dragonwolf?
Surely it must be bugged or something??
For a 4 slot pet, apart from Str it is absolutely useless......infact apart from the Str, the Lesser Hiryu 1 slot is better......
Yep, I love the way it looks and I was excited to get one. But after training one on TC, I simply did not bother to do it on production. It is severely short of points.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leveling the spawn can be rough on a melee whammy (which is also great for bosses), but you still have bandage heals, curse weapon, and whirlwind (I still prefer a sampire for mass mob killing though.)
Melee Whammys are actually even more powerful than Sampires, they just require more effort. No need for bandy healing at all with them, they have 50% Hit Life Drain with Curse Weapon, which is 2.5x more than Sampires have (20%). Not to mention they can still go into Vamp Form and cast Curse Weapon for a total of 70% Hit Life Drain (3.5x more than Sampires have), which allows them to easily leech through massive hits, the kind of hits that make Sampires back off and use Confidence. Such as Chief Paroxy's 110+ damage hits, my Whammy can leech back 175 Health (more than my entire health bar) per Double Strike on Chief Paroxy, which allows me to laugh through his 110+ damage hits. A Sampire on the other hand, would have to back off after such a hit, for they can only regain about 50 Health per Double Strike on Paroxy.
The combination of Corpse Skin+Onslaught is really nasty too, -35 Fire/Poison Resist. Makes Double Strike out damage AI on just about everything. You could also switch the Swords Mastery for Necro Mastery, and roll with 2 Skeletal Dragons (which hit pretty damn hard).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Melee Whammys are actually even more powerful than Sampires, they just require more effort. No need for bandy healing at all with them, they have 50% Hit Life Drain with Curse Weapon, which is 2.5x more than Sampires have (20%). Not to mention they can still go into Vamp Form and cast Curse Weapon for a total of 70% Hit Life Drain (3.5x more than Sampires have), which allows them to easily leech through massive hits, the kind of hits that make Sampires back off and use Confidence. Such as Chief Paroxy's 110+ damage hits, my Whammy can leech back 175 Health (more than my entire health bar) per Double Strike on Chief Paroxy, which allows me to laugh through his 110+ damage hits. A Sampire on the other hand, would have to back off after such a hit, for they can only regain about 50 Health per Double Strike on Paroxy.
The combination of Corpse Skin+Onslaught is really nasty too, -35 Fire/Poison Resist. Makes Double Strike out damage AI on just about everything. You could also switch the Swords Mastery for Necro Mastery, and roll with 2 Skeletal Dragons (which hit pretty damn hard).
Don't even have to run a wammy in some cases. just put ss instead of anat/resist. 70% life leach makes you very tough to kill no matter how low your damage.