• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Bug Fixes

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hehe.

Well I suppose that could revitalize the Veterinary skill, they could write Pet Manicuring Coupons to take to the stables to repair your pets.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will be a bit higher than normal, but not out of control/unafordable. Not everyone is a tamer, and once the system gets broken in fully people will make the pets they want and probably not train many up afterward.

I promise you the prices will go back down in a few months.
Prices will never go back down while "one" shard keeps them artificially inflated.
Just look at Ingots, Wood, leather.....once it went up on Atlantic it went up on ALL shards.
Why would you sell for X on Europa when you know a cross shard trader will buy for XXX.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prices will never go back down while "one" shard keeps them artificially inflated.
Just look at Ingots, Wood, leather.....once it went up on Atlantic it went up on ALL shards.
Why would you sell for X on Europa when you know a cross shard trader will buy for XXX.
Maybe local buyers should step up their game then and pay accordingly? :confused:

You can make 50m+ from attending the last 15 minutes of your weekly EM event without much effort. Considering the time invested in getting the right 120 scrolls, 20m or 30m does not seem that bad to ask for.

But then I also think it's just a temporary bubble like Uvtha said.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe local buyers should step up their game then and pay accordingly? :confused:

You can make 50m+ from attending the last 15 minutes of your weekly EM event without much effort. Considering the time invested in getting the right 120 scrolls, 20m or 30m does not seem that bad to ask for.

Seriously? what are you smoking? lol
You don't stand a chance at an EM event unless your in the Top 5 damagers of the Boss........which if you haven't a pet that's scrolled up...you wont be. LOL
And I guess i'm just imagining these inflated prices for resources on Europa now then? :D

Thanks, I need a laugh....I was getting all down about my newly useless pet. :pie::hahaha:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't stand a chance at an EM event unless your in the Top 5 damagers of the Boss
They changed the top damager system a long time ago actually. Now all you have to do is get looting rights and you have an equal chance of winning a rare as the top damagers do.

I have seen a naked, brand new character get an EM item on Atlantic just by running in and dying over and over again. Death counts towards looting rights, and after dying 25+ times he had enough looting rights to get a random chance at winning the item, which he did.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? what are you smoking? lol
You don't stand a chance at an EM event unless your in the Top 5 damagers of the Boss........which if you haven't a pet that's scrolled up...you wont be. LOL
And I guess i'm just imagining these inflated prices for resources on Europa now then? :D

Thanks, I need a laugh....I was getting all down about my newly useless pet. :pie::hahaha:
Top 5 damagers? When did they change it back? Last couple events I did looting rights seemed enough.

Also not sure what ressources you're reffering to. Prices change due to inflation, supply, demand, etc. Never had any issues buying what I need and I even pay Atlantic prices [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:eek:[/bcolor]

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I dont understand what the deal is.

increasing the demand for powerscrolls sounded like a good idea to increase the pvp base perhaps. What it did here was either increase the lamb to the slaughter base and also (illegal and through cash shop) RMT activity ( if any increase at all). This stems from cheat dominated pvp. Most people using cheats don't care what it is doing in game and a good few of them rely on it so they can corner markets and prosper either in game or outside. This has been left unchecked and supposedly is against the TOS. Most of us that play the game for non trolollol purposes dont want scripting or cheating junk on our systems either because some of us are literally too dumb to use it or too goody goody to want to. Also I enjoy crafting and helping folks when I do play.. And bickering with the rest of the stratics board when I can.

Obviously alot of people dont want to cheat because they dont want to violate the TOS also. Not all pvpers cheat, but it is enough to cause A SHARP divide among people who will even step through a red gate and visit a home, let alone venture into lets say Deceit and do a champ spawn.

Bottom line, cinnamon rolls, long overdue.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They will be a bit higher than normal, but not out of control/unafordable. Not everyone is a tamer, and once the system gets broken in fully people will make the pets they want and probably not train many up afterward.

I promise you the prices will go back down in a few months.
Prior to the publish, the PS prices were far from being cheap. This is in a 20 year old extremely top heavy game where everyone had a chance to make every kind of character there is. This shows that the saturation did not quench the demand significantly. Now on top of that old demand we have a new one for pets. This new demand will go down a bit once everyone trained their first pick, but just like with PSs for player characters, it's not going away. So we have a permanent significant increase in demand. At the same time, thanks to the PvP chokehold the supply is unlikely to increase much. In this situation I do not see how it is possible for prices to not stay high indefinitely.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prior to the publish, the PS prices were far from being cheap. This is in a 20 year old extremely top heavy game where everyone had a chance to make every kind of character there is. This shows that the saturation did not quench the demand significantly. Now on top of that old demand we have a new one for pets. This new demand will go down a bit once everyone trained their first pick, but just like with PSs for player characters, it's not going away. So we have a permanent significant increase in demand. At the same time, thanks to the PvP chokehold the supply is unlikely to increase much. In this situation I do not see how it is possible for prices to not stay high indefinitely.
This is simply the fleecing period. Prices were/are crazy not primarily due to lack of supply, but to insane demand, and impulsivity of those looking for scrolls. This happens with every new thing in UO. Prices won't stay high indefinitely because people en masse won't pay exorbitant rates when the polish is off this publish as they will no longer be impulsive, and may well be low on capital. It's just free markets, it WILL balance out.

It's the same thing when power scrolls first came out, many people were worried they would never get one because demand was out of control, and people were afraid to go to Fel and get them themselves. After a few months prices became much more reasonable, and everyone got their scrolls.

If you can't pay the current prices, or won't wait for the market to normalize again, I would advise you to get a group, head to a dead shard and speed run some out of the way spawns out of peak hours. Barring that, 115 scrolls and hold back 100 points (or is it 50? I can't remember) for when you get the scroll you want.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Prior the publish you couldn't give a 120 wrestling scroll away. Now I am sacrificing 12 sided dices to the RNG gods so I get one at the spawns I do. :p

Also, on smaller shards, you surely can do plenty of spawns on the off hours without being bothered.
I do a lot of Neira and Semidar spawns at Deceit and Fire and never had to deal with a red. And there are plenty of spawns on T2A that you could even do during peak hours without being pestered of low population shards.
Or do the fel Turtle Spawn. Almost no one bothers with that one. It is long, dragged out and the rewards are poor (specially now, after the pet revamp), but it gives out power scrolls.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is simply the fleecing period. Prices were/are crazy not primarily due to lack of supply, but to insane demand, and impulsivity of those looking for scrolls. This happens with every new thing in UO. Prices won't stay high indefinitely because people en masse won't pay exorbitant rates when the polish is off this publish as they will no longer be impulsive, and may well be low on capital. It's just free markets, it WILL balance out.
That is all absolutely correct. We have a fixed supply and sharply increased demand. The demand will go down a bit. However how high will this long term demand be compared to pre-publish? I am guesstimating at least 2-3 times as much. This is simply due to a sharp and permanent increase in what to use the scrolls on (pets). This will not go away, just as there was a constant demand for scrolls pre- publish despite them being on the market for a long time. And there is your free market price forming - constant supply with a permanent increase in demand equals permanent price hike.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are other spawns that *could* drop those scrolls. but it is important to the dev team to feed the Pvp'ers our gold for some reason. *shrugs*

Altho before they did turn them on at the Ilsh spawns, they need to check the drop rates there. since this publish I have done 3 spawns, 2 solo and one as a duo. And not a single pink nor boss drop. Guess the RNG hates me.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are other spawns that *could* drop those scrolls. but it is important to the dev team to feed the Pvp'ers our gold for some reason. *shrugs*

Altho before they did turn them on at the Ilsh spawns, they need to check the drop rates there. since this publish I have done 3 spawns, 2 solo and one as a duo. And not a single pink nor boss drop. Guess the RNG hates me.
It's not JUST the RNG that hates you ;)

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can those people monitor Fel ? They can come to my spawn in 10 minutes.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How can those people monitor Fel ? They can come to my spawn in 10 minutes.
A common tactic they use is to leave a hidden character there, sometimes even a dead one. They then attach a script to it which gives them an alert every time another player runs by the hidden character.

You walk up to the spawn, the script sends the alert, a few minutes later the spawn is raided by the pvp'ers.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A common tactic they use is to leave a hidden character there, sometimes even a dead one. They then attach a script to it which gives them an alert every time another player runs by the hidden character.

You walk up to the spawn, the script sends the alert, a few minutes later the spawn is raided by the pvp'ers.
Can't ghost cam spawns anymore, but you can still watch the entrances to spawn points for activity. If you are getting raided on servers other than atlantic that's just some bad luck. (Don't do despise)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't ghost cam spawns anymore, but you can still watch the entrances to spawn points for activity. If you are getting raided on servers other than atlantic that's just some bad luck. (Don't do despise)
Actually GL's has always had a healthy Fel PvP crowd still does. Not possible to do champs in Fel on GLs less you want raided.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is all absolutely correct. We have a fixed supply and sharply increased demand. The demand will go down a bit. However how high will this long term demand be compared to pre-publish? I am guesstimating at least 2-3 times as much. This is simply due to a sharp and permanent increase in what to use the scrolls on (pets). This will not go away, just as there was a constant demand for scrolls pre- publish despite them being on the market for a long time. And there is your free market price forming - constant supply with a permanent increase in demand equals permanent price hike.
I''m sure the price will go up a tad, but I doubt it will be exorbitant. If you wanna come join siege I'll do some spawns with you! :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there are plenty of spawns on T2A that you could even do during peak hours without being pestered of low population shards.
Can you mark rune in the lost lands? I honestly can't remember. If not, that one on that area you need a boat to get to would be a great place for it. I bet you could chain spawns there on a low pop shard pretty regular.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you mark rune in the lost lands? I honestly can't remember. If not, that one on that area you need a boat to get to would be a great place for it. I bet you could chain spawns there on a low pop shard pretty regular.
You can't mark runes or recall to there, at least on fel side, so yeah, the island is a very peaceful place to do some spawns.
I used to do spawns there fairly often, but moved to Deceit and Fire because I enjoy fighting the Neira and Semidar spawns.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You can't mark runes or recall to there, at least on fel side, so yeah, the island is a very peaceful place to do some spawns.
I used to do spawns there fairly often, but moved to Deceit and Fire because I enjoy fighting the Neira and Semidar spawns.
So you enjoy killing women?:Begging:

Kill blue mobs, pixies. Even animals in town give you a karma hit, like cranes, dogs, cats.
You like killing kitties?:Begging:

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What spawns are on that island? Just Random?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing that UO has going for it is the CONSTANT whimpering of players crying about Fel spawns and their lack of ability to finish a spawn.

10-15 mins should be all a good two person team needs to finish almost any champ in the game, stop being such wimps and play the game.

Game's not done yet till the last trammy shuts the lights off.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
• Adjusted the old Phoenix to match the new Phoenix body as well as adjusting the base damage and removed the hue.

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!! is this pink monstrosity that has taken the place of my beautiful Scarlet Macaw ?!?!?!?!?!
At this point, I don't care you nerfed the f**k out of it but give me back the god damb old Phoenix body....this new "thing" is fugly and you the devs, just cost me over 120mill in wasted scrolls as I will never take that "thing" out of the stables again while it looks like that!!!.
Why was the appearance even changed anyway????

I should also add you cannot get powerscrolls anymore over on Europa. "foreign traders" buy them for stupid ammounts...40 mill for a 120 anat???.....you didn't think this part through very well did you? How are the "poor people" gonna get any scrolls now? go hunt in Fel with the "special people?"...I don't think so.....
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
lol I'm on Europa too! I love how any time someone says they're buying a PS - there is ALWAYS that person that says "Well it sells for <amount> on Atlantic!" Seriously? And then when the PS actually sells for less on Atlantic, they double the cost. "Well this isn't Atlantic, so its harder to get PS!"

If you're lucky... or a KVM user.

Personally - I think Ilsh needs some love. I'm not sure anyone does those spawns and after mistakenly (wasn't paying attention) running through one I can see why! The mobs and mob count are kind of ridiculous. They should bring Fel spawns up to par with Ilsh spawns. Spawns are way too simple if two people can do them in 10-15 minutes...

Last edited:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol I'm on Europa too! I love how any time someone says they're buying a PS - there is ALWAYS that person that says "Well it sells for <amount> on Atlantic!" Seriously? And then when the PS actually sells for less on Atlantic, they double the cost. "Well this isn't Atlantic, so its harder to get PS!"

If you're lucky... or a KVM user.

Personally - I think Ilsh needs some love. I'm not sure anyone does those spawns and after mistakenly (wasn't paying attention) running through one I can see why! The mobs and mob count are kind of ridiculous. They should bring Fel spawns up to par with Ilsh spawns. Spawns are way too simple if two people can do them in 10-15 minutes...
I believe only a few elite players can achieve this speed. I have been doing spawn with friends since the evil in a can age. We never finished a spawn in less than 30 mins.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe only a few elite players can achieve this speed. I have been doing spawn with friends since the evil in a can age. We never finished a spawn in less than 30 mins.
2 people with the right template shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes tops and this is on Siege where you run in way cheaper suits because of the risk involved. all this takes is the right set up and a little bit of practice.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to work my soloing for champ spawns at the fel ice spawn. Even on Atl I got barely raided there, like 1 out of 10 times. Worst PITA was walking back to the healer when then spawn got me but hardly PKs. But maybe the PKs just got tired of this noob working a rat spawn for over an hour :D

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I used to work my soloing for champ spawns at the fel ice spawn. Even on Atl I got barely raided there, like 1 out of 10 times. Worst PITA was walking back to the healer when then spawn got me but hardly PKs. But maybe the PKs just got tired of this noob working a rat spawn for over an hour :D
That was one of my favorites quick to get to, only thing is I remember getting hung up on some spawns and couldn't seem to advance to the end alot.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I think people who don't do spawns just assume every spawn will get raided 100% of the time, and I think its probably much rarer more uncommon people think. If you go to despise at like 6pm.. yeah, you will get raided.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done 2-man Neira in 27 minutes. Probably done it quicker since then, but I haven't timed them - that sub-30 run was a few years ago. Despise? 10 minutes max. Sampire uses reforged/imbued gear. Hardly an elite suit.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done 2-man Neira in 27 minutes. Probably done it quicker since then, but I haven't timed them - that sub-30 run was a few years ago. Despise? 10 minutes max. Sampire uses reforged/imbued gear. Hardly an elite suit.
I believe you can achieve this speed, I just do not believe most of the players can do that. You could do a vendor search and look at the price of power scrolls now. If the power scroll can be easily obtained in 10 - 20 minutes, why the price is so expensive, and not so many players have the extra scrolls to put on vendor for sale.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@drcossack is not a "normal" UO player. He just thinks he is.
;)

I believe you can achieve this speed, I just do not believe most of the players can do that. You could do a vendor search and look at the price of power scrolls now. If the power scroll can be easily obtained in 10 - 20 minutes, why the price is so expensive, and not so many players have the extra scrolls to put on vendor for sale.
Market gouging, plain and simple. The players don't need them now, but with pet skill training likely still in high demand, they'll sell for ridiculous amounts. Once pets stop needing scrolls + people run out of stable slots, prices should fall back to normal. For the people who've run out of 120's, you'll have to do spawns to get more (or pay an arm and a leg), and you could theoretically go 10+ spawns without seeing anything higher than a 115.

Honestly, it really isn't THAT hard to speedrun spawns, although it depends on which one you're doing - Oaks will take a bit of time because of terrain + your willingness/unwillingness to lose karma. Your time also varies based on the templates you bring. An archer? Great for the bosses, not so much for the spawn itself. Same with a thrower. Leveling the spawn can be rough on a melee whammy (which is also great for bosses), but you still have bandage heals, curse weapon, and whirlwind (I still prefer a sampire for mass mob killing though.)

Turbo

Adventurer
I keep seeing people saying they solo rat spawn in 10 or 15min and im calling bs :) Its just not possible to aggro the stuff quick enough to complete it in that time. Even when you round it up and burn it down it respawns too slowly to do the whole thing in 10min. Unless someone can point me to an uncut video that shows it I just keep putting it down to "It feels like 10 or 15min" but really is much longer.

I would like to be proven wrong though.