• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Bug Fixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, This morning during the regular maintenance cycle of the US shard the following bug fixes were published, this evening the rest of the shards will be published. • Resolved issue which allowed players to mount pets that were polymorphed. • Adjusted Barracoon AI to no longer turn pets into ratmen. • Adjusted Medusa pet petrification to no longer change the hue of pets. • Adjusted the old Phoenix to match the new Phoenix body as well as adjusting the base damage and removed the hue. • Pet movement speed is now capped at 190 dexterity • Resolved issue which prevented […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
• Pet movement speed is now capped at 190 dexterity

Is this for ALL pets or just the phoenix? Because a friend of mine gave me a Naj a few days ago, just checked it and it still has 211 Dex.

Or does it just mean it will move at the speed equal to 190 dex no matter what it says?

dex.jpg

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is this for ALL pets or just the phoenix? Because a friend of mine gave me a Naj a few days ago, just checked it and it still has 211 Dex.

Or does it just mean it will move at the speed equal to 190 dex no matter what it says?

View attachment 67590
I'd guess that it dex to speed boost just caps at 190.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• Adjusted the old Phoenix to match the new Phoenix body as well as adjusting the base damage and removed the hue.

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!! is this pink monstrosity that has taken the place of my beautiful Scarlet Macaw ?!?!?!?!?!
At this point, I don't care you nerfed the f**k out of it but give me back the god damb old Phoenix body....this new "thing" is fugly and you the devs, just cost me over 120mill in wasted scrolls as I will never take that "thing" out of the stables again while it looks like that!!!.
Why was the appearance even changed anyway????

I should also add you cannot get powerscrolls anymore over on Europa. "foreign traders" buy them for stupid ammounts...40 mill for a 120 anat???.....you didn't think this part through very well did you? How are the "poor people" gonna get any scrolls now? go hunt in Fel with the "special people?"...I don't think so.....
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Last edited:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should also add you cannot get powerscrolls anymore over on Europa. "foreign traders" buy them for stupid ammounts...40 mill for a 120 anat???.....you didn't think this part through very well did you? How are the "poor people" gonna get any scrolls now? go hunt in Fel with the "special people?"...I don't think so.....
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
This will only get worse. Pet (power scrolls) is the only solution to this ******** decision. Distribution of "Pet Power Scrolls"....pet bulk order deeds.

: In complete disgust I actually saw someone trade a 10 year vet reward for a 120 Tactics scroll, what a Cluster Truck!

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reusing powerscrolls on pets revitalized this game for many ppl.

I agree though, I have no idea why they changed the artwork. Must of been the couple ppl that complained they were hard to see lol. I liked the little demon bird, even in nerfed down form

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
105 & 110 powerscrolls should drop llike rain at the ilsh & Tok spawns. Then those of us who aren't gonna pvp can at least collect and bind. I still refuse to be forced to pvp for scrolls

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 67590

I don't know about the mechanics but the Naj and Tsuki wolf did not move as fast as the bird. Even with the >200Dex.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In complete disgust I actually saw someone trade a 10 year vet reward for a 120 Tactics scroll, what a Cluster Truck!
Well that was just impulsivity. Could have gotten a 110 or a 115 and saved the point for a 120 when they become reasonable again. :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:drama:

Waiting for the PvPers to complain before they even load the game.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:drama:

Waiting for the PvPers to complain before they even load the game.
Those aren't PvP'ers.....PvP'ers had already worked around the Phoenix to the point that peeps didn't use it in PvP anymore.
Just the cry-babies that die to everything because they cannot actually play and just rely on forum templates and 3rd party programs. Unfortunately they also spend a lot in the shop so they seem to have "somebodies" ear.....not mentioning any names...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just the cry-babies that die to everything because they cannot actually play and just rely on forum templates and 3rd party programs.
It's pretty entertaining seeing how fast all those people disappear every time a patch breaks certain illegal third party programs. They all make up some obviously fake excuse like "my mouse broke" or "I have better things to do than play UO" , until the day the third party programs update to the new patch. Then all of a sudden they are magically back again. I guess there is a sale on a new computer mouse every single time the third party programs update, what a coincidence! ;)

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The good news is its summertime should be taking a break anyway. I dont mind the 190 dex cap, but the giant pink peacock is ugly. Live to ise the phoenix and i dont pvp and yes this am i have been playing and the nerf did effect pvm. With good vetting i was able to easily beat down some balrons paras were tough but manageble. This am ha... it doesnt have the kill power it did it hits slower and for less damage. Then again i may be just being a bit of a drama queen. I would like to respectfully ask @Kyronix @Mesanna if there are any other pet nerfs on the horizon before i waste another boat load of gold on powerscrolls. I dont mind whatever has to happen to keep the game fun, but when we spend dumb amounts of gold on a template that is now pretty useless... once again i may be catastrophizing a bit, but are there any other foreseeable nerfs on the horizon? Please and Thank you.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not a fan of seeing pets like we have been in pvp lately. I like variety in templates and don't want to see cookie cutter stuff, but I prefer to die to the player, not the pet. I'm not an elite uber pvper, I had my day where I was good, but lately it's just gotten stupid.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh please...

It was the same deal back when powerscrolls were new, if powerscrolls are this important to you and Fel scares you this much, you have two other options, you either wait this out till the fuss dies down, or you go out farming to make enough gold to buy from those who will venture into Fel.
While its true that scroll trading cross shard has made a lot of people farm them on lower population shards and bring them to higher population shards it also follows that those lower population shards are safer places to do spawns.
I think you will also find that cross sharding isnt the main reason scrolls are now scarce and expensive on Europa, I do lots of champ spawns on Europa and Ive sold excess scrolls there for a long time, I never cross to other shards, I havent been selling wrestle/anat/healing/mage/tactics etc recently as like many, I own tamers, so Ive been using them myself, its most likely other champ hunters have been doing this also.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't have bothered mentioning any of this "bug fix"
absolutely nothing of significance to anyone,
where's the beef?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's pretty entertaining seeing how fast all those people disappear every time a patch breaks certain illegal third party programs. They all make up some obviously fake excuse like "my mouse broke" or "I have better things to do than play UO" , until the day the third party programs update to the new patch. Then all of a sudden they are magically back again. I guess there is a sale on a new computer mouse every single time the third party programs update, what a coincidence! ;)
This is why I've suggested a mandatory automated mini-patch every 3 days to change the client just enough that it breaks certain 3rd party apps until they update them. If they have to update every 3 days, they may throw in the towel out of frustration. Even if they kept updating them, the users of said apps might get frustrated enough not to bother anymore.

But, it will never happen because UO leadership doesn't have the spine or the gonadal fortitude to stand up to cheaters. Complicity is a female dog...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The same thing happens on Siege regarding idocs, the so called professional IDOC'rs seem to miss some during 3rd party proggie maintenance periods, really weird that they lose their "doing it all by hand" mojo . :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is why I've suggested a mandatory automated mini-patch every 3 days to change the client just enough that it breaks certain 3rd party apps until they update them. If they have to update every 3 days, they may throw in the towel out of frustration. Even if they kept updating them, the users of said apps might get frustrated enough not to bother anymore.

But, it will never happen because UO leadership doesn't have the spine or the gonadal fortitude to stand up to cheaters. Complicity is a female dog...
This^^^... It's been said over and over... Along with put the multiboxers in jail everytime you SEE them multiboxing... stick them in jail for the evening... will stop them eventually they'll either quit... or quit cheating and learn to play the game as intended.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The same thing happens on Siege regarding idocs, the so called professional IDOC'rs seem to miss some during 3rd party proggie maintenance periods, really weird that they lose their "doing it all by hand" mojo . :p
We miss IDOCs during the rest of the year as well so no... ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

I want the graphics of Human/elf rings and bracelets changed immediately!
They are to small and I cannot target them in loot before other monsters attack.
I expect this to be done by the end of the week, top priority..forget everything else!.
.......What? Well isn't that the same bulls**t excuse the crybabies used to destroy the beautiful Phoenix and get that pink puke monstrosity instead? I didn't realise we were playing Pokémon now....
Oh, and I still haven't received my refund for wasted scrolls, not to mention the 10 mill for a 4 slot as it was then.....I expect this refunded by the end of the week also......

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new phoenix artwork is bull****. My wife/daughter are Japanese and even our daughter who does love Pokémon (28 and plays UO every day with us) says the new phoenix is stupid...... We play this game for swords, shields, dragons, treasure chests, and messages in bottle type of artwork...... Not HUGENESS and purty colors...... Way to destroy the Delucia Passage @Mesanna. That was the STUPIDOUS change you could make.

And nobody complains about pvp'ers doing champion spawns. Everybody complains about the 17 afk accounts standing at/near the champion spawns waiting for a monster to appear and then "summon" their master that it'll be time to raid a spawn in 20 minutes........ *E-v-e-r-y-T-I-m-e* we do a champion spawn..... the same ol' buddies show up right at the end of lvl 3/4 to get their scrolls. It's amazing how little Mesanna cares about this game's originality and real players. I hope that gold selling on other websites is worth it... as that is what seems to have driven most of these changes. I wonder how many "players" were stocking up on powerscroll books before this patch broke? I wonder how many "players" had inside knowledge like Clops' always seemed to have, that led him to make hundreds of thousands in real life and control the virtual world of Ultima Online...... sad. I wonder @Mesanna why we can't have powerscrolls now at the 2 spawns in Ish? It seems like a good time to start........... of course the trolls will be there every time waiting to be the top damager, just like at events..... but it'll put a cap on the 4-5 people that come in and get ALL of the scrolls (and a chance at 200m now per spawn?)

Sorry I'm grumpy.... I almost closed my Pacific Rares house just out of spite for them changing the phoenix artwork. Seems justified.... I have yet to do it, but still thinking about it..... It seems to work with the pvp'ers.... as they cry foul and threatened to disappear (yea right.... go to the lake a week on all the banked gold more like it.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

I want the graphics of Human/elf rings and bracelets changed immediately!
They are to small and I cannot target them in loot before other monsters attack.
I expect this to be done by the end of the week, top priority..forget everything else!.
.......What? Well isn't that the same bulls**t excuse the crybabies used to destroy the beautiful Phoenix and get that pink puke monstrosity instead? I didn't realise we were playing Pokémon now....
Oh, and I still haven't received my refund for wasted scrolls, not to mention the 10 mill for a 4 slot as it was then.....I expect this refunded by the end of the week also......

The only thing you have to complain about is paying 10M for a pet. Direct complaint to mirror.

I thought I ripped people off at 500k... I need to decrease my kindness.

I'm editing due to kindness.... Ya the new artwork is different. I was hoping the Phoenix was the one at turtle spawn tho. I was ok when it wasn't. But changed from eagle to giant pink bird is a big difference.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's like buying a sleak sexy red Ferrari and taking it home, lovingly investing money to pimp it up and polishing the bodywork....
...going to sleep....
...then waking up to find it's been replaced with a great big steaming pile of pink Skoda.......oh and a note that says "all sales are final, you just got royally shafted. Suck it up buttercup!"

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What happened to shard bound powerscrolls. Im all for that as well as other things being shard bound. Take UO back from the Trumpites who are UO rich and can transfer non stop. Revitalize the shards economies and make the average player part of the community. Personally I would have left phoenix alone since it made the cheaters cry and not play. It was like the average player had a GM with them, LOLOL. I can tell you for absolute certainty that UOS is why the game is dying and crashing a lot, now that I use it for free shards. What a joke nothing is being done about it. Game needs a major change if it wants to stay alive. Shard bounding is a start in the right direction.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I used to think Shardbound EM items would solve a lot of gripes, I had a stint of thinking shard bound everything would help, now I just think they need to address the underlying problems.. Year after year I have asked for cinnamon rolls to be put in game.. this has not happened. It's not a bug or glitch. It just sucks.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They finally do something good with taming..... but they screw it up by changing artwork that's been in place for over a decade and everybody knows/loves. Hey the phoenix is tamable.... oh yea... but 3 weeks after everyone gets one it WON'T BE A PHOENIX any more....... and on top of that we deleted the phoenix. Way to go @Mesanna. Int buffs for all.....

We should take the ice off of ice island next and remove all of the orc forts from throughout the lands.... no memories there. Replace silver serpents with rainbow fairies and make the lich all huge and lively instead of undead..... why not? Maybe someone will make money off of it somehow and buy something from the store? We can't delete those guys... they are the ones making/spending money.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked the Ilsh Phoenix. Also pink. Looks a little too colorful for Chaos tho.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is unfortunate that they changed the artwork. I remember the first time running into the Phoenix. Died. Then died several more times trying to get my body and stuff.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Just wondering, did they ever increase or adjust the reward for High Seas bounty hunting? Or do we still get like fire ball?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can someone show what you're talking about with the phoenix art? I hadn't gotten around to playing with taming them yet.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering, did they ever increase or adjust the reward for High Seas bounty hunting? Or do we still get like fire ball?
Still garbage
Unless you're lucky enough to get an orc ship plan piece, those are at least useful.

But a "share" in a whopping 10K bounty and the likelihood of a useless light flame cannon ball simply isn't worth it. I have seen only a few heavy flame balls and 1 frost cannon ball (for the longest time I figured they were just a figment of Mark Steelman's alcohol-fueled imagination).

I still want undead/ghost pirate ships and a non-instanced sea encounter to be added.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Unless you're lucky enough to get an orc ship plan piece, those are at least useful.

But a "share" in a whopping 10K bounty and the likelihood of a useless light flame cannon ball simply isn't worth it. I have seen only a few heavy flame balls and 1 frost cannon ball (for the longest time I figured they were just a figment of Mark Steelman's alcohol-fueled imagination).

I still want undead/ghost pirate ships and a non-instanced sea encounter to be added.
I wouldn't mind instanced but it would need to be scaled to the group (of ships) size.

Wouldn't it be nice to raid a pirate caravan champ fleet or something and drops could be recipe scrolls for food dishes like cinnamon rolls and Black Jake's Ale. And obligatory pixel crack and shoulder mounted parrot (aka cape slot) and eyepatch eyeware(variant helm slot apparel).

Also have Corgul's brother Smorgul be the admiral of the fleet, and he has got some mean orc brute looking captains that command the ships you fight against. Also, everytime one is killed, a random fish cake is distributed to people in cat form. Maybe gorilla form too. Just cause.

Also I want some fish cakes now.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind instanced but it would need to be scaled to the group (of ships) size.

Wouldn't it be nice to raid a pirate caravan champ fleet or something and drops could be recipe scrolls for food dishes like cinnamon rolls and Black Jake's Ale. And obligatory pixel crack and shoulder mounted parrot (aka cape slot) and eyepatch eyeware(variant helm slot apparel).

Also have Corgul's brother Smorgul be the admiral of the fleet, and he has got some mean orc brute looking captains that command the ships you fight against. Also, everytime one is killed, a random fish cake is distributed to people in cat form. Maybe gorilla form too. Just cause.

Also I want some fish cakes now.
I like the shoulder-mounted parrot. That would be amusing.

Just no "Billy Bass" type pixelcrack... *shudders*

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait till the hype dies down, demand/prices will normalize.
No they won't. They might drop a little, but they will still be insane. This publish permanently increased the demand many-fold. In addition to players needing the PSs as before, now every tamer needs a bunch of sets. Plus there is a ton of room to experiment with different pet configuration. So yeah, the crazy prices are here to stay.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No they won't. They might drop a little, but they will still be insane. This publish permanently increased the demand many-fold. In addition to players needing the PSs as before, now every tamer needs a bunch of sets. Plus there is a ton of room to experiment with different pet configuration. So yeah, the crazy prices are here to stay.
They will be a bit higher than normal, but not out of control/unafordable. Not everyone is a tamer, and once the system gets broken in fully people will make the pets they want and probably not train many up afterward.

I promise you the prices will go back down in a few months.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They will be a bit higher than normal, but not out of control/unafordable. Not everyone is a tamer, and once the system gets broken in fully people will make the pets they want and probably not train many up afterward.

I promise you the prices will go back down in a few months.
Until pets get capped at 255/255 durability.