• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I am starting to try Scribe BOD's. Made feeblemind no problem but both necro BODs I have..Evil Omen and Blood Oath, it says I don't have the components needed to make that. View attachment 56729

I even tried taking one of each necro reg out of the stack to see if maybe that would work but it didn't.
I c no necro spellbook inside your backpack.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I c no necro spellbook inside your backpack.
LOL it was buried under my blank scrolls :/ but it's there! First thing I checked when I got the message...thought I was having a blonde moment for a sec ;) lol....sighs

Still no dice....I don't get it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL it was buried under my blank scrolls :/ but it's there! First thing I checked when I got the message...thought I was having a blonde moment for a sec ;) lol....sighs

Still no dice....I don't get it.
Does your necro book actually have those spells in it?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix I just turned in Smith BODs with Banking Points enabled and disabled and received no GOLD in my bank account, is this intended and if so why.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
maybe someone can hold my hand and walk me though something.
im not a BOD fella.
never have been.
never done it.

but i understand what goes on.
now this new change has me a little mystified.
so now when you turn in a BOD you have the option to bank the points you would have gotten but only at a highly reduced rate.
so say you where gonna get 700 points for the BOD you would get like... 14 or something?
is that right?

so my question is two fold.
1) what happened to getting something for your BOD?
i seem to recall if you got a certain BOD people had those mapped out so you knew what youd get when you turned it in.
so now that is gone and we are getting points?

2) why would anyone accept a 2% return on their points?
im not sure if that is the rate but that was kinda what i had heard.
so why would anyone go though all the trouble of collecting and doing a BOD to only get such a small amount of points?

only thing i can think is quantity of quality?
so you turn in 1,000 small BODs and bank the points to get one big item?
is that the gist of this?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Works almost as before. You just have to know how much points you need for the reward you want to choose. Then make a BOD worth this points or more and turn it in and pick your reward. Now its even better cause you can take any BOD with higher point value to pick your desired reward.

2) I just take this as a bonus. If you turn in BODs that wont get you any reward you want and you just do it to have the chance to get a better one after turning it in, you get a small amount of points banked. Before you got a reward you dont want and trashed it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone point me to the link about all the new bods and new rewards...jeepers i aint got enought time for UO as it is...and whats this artosian festival 4 day thing....i think ive missed a huge chunk of information.....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Publish 95 – Ultima Online
Bulk Order Deed Update
Several updates have been made to the Bulk Order Deed System,

Known Issue: Bulk Order Books do not currently function correctly with new BOD types. Do not add new crafting BODs to BOD books.

• Fletching, Tinkering, Carpentry, Alchemy, Cooking, and Inscription Bulk Order Deeds are now available from their respective shopkeepers.
  • Bulk Order Deeds can now either be immediately claimed or the points can be banked.
  • Banking Bulk Order Deed points will bank a fraction of the total worth of the Bulk Order Deed.
  • Visit Bulk Order Deed shopkeepers to redeem skill specific rewards.
  • Blacksmithy
    • Crafting Failure Protection Talisman
      • Prevents loss of materials on failure
      • Available with additional crafting related properties
      • Consumes charges when successfully prevents material loss
      • Can be used with any crafting skill
    • Resource Maps
      • Can be used to find special material resources
    • Titles
      • Weaponsmith
      • Armorer
    • Rock Hammer
      • 500 Charges
      • Increased chance to dig up high quality granite while mining
    • 250 charge crafting tools
  • Tailoring
    • 5 New cloth hues
    • Titles
      • Weaver
      • Dressmaker
      • Haberdasher
  • Fletching
    • Runic fletching tools
    • Resource maps
    • Titles
      • Fletcher
    • Titles
      • Clerk
      • Transcriber
      • Scrivener
    • 5 new spell book only dyes
    • Guaranteed Spellbook Improvement Talisman
  • Tinkering
    • Resource maps
    • Titles
      • Metallurgist
      • Dabbler
      • Clock Maker
      • Mechanic
      • Fixer
    • Rock hammer
    • Blackrock Automaton
    • Powder of Fortification Keg
      • Holds 250 charges of Powder of Fortification
    • Blackrock Moonstone
    • Recipe for Dr. Spector’s Lenses
    • Recipe for Kotl Black Rod
    • Recipe for Kotl Automaton
    • Automaton Actuator
  • Carpentry
    • Runic carpentry tools
    • Resource maps
    • Titles
      • Woodworker
      • Builder
      • Craftsman
  • Cooking
    • Titles
      • Baker
      • Gourmet
      • Culinarian
    • Plum Tree
      • House addon Plum Tree that generates plums
    • Exceptional Cooking Bonus Apron
      • Stacks with talisman
    • Fermentation Barrel
      • Can be used to ferment various types of wine using apples, grapes, peaches, pears, and plums when combined with yeast
      • Fermentation takes 1 full day
      • Access the context on the barrel to set options for the fermentation
      • Success based on Cooking & Alchemy skill
  • Alchemy
    • 5 new natural dye hues
    • Titles
      • Brewer
      • Concoctor
      • Distiller

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks @FrejaSP

and the artisian 4 day thing.....from decemebr the first....builds a xmas tree or something...lolz

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix
I would like to see all the Heartwood recipes added to the system, maybe random, so you choose a random Crafting (Heartwood) Recipe for the skill.
I would like the Gift recipes added too at higher value than the crafting recipes from Heartwood.
I would like a Ancient Sewing, Carpentry, Fletching, Mallets tools, +10%, +15%, +30% and +60% added as rewards.
I would like something else added to the system, the crafter can sell to players, like the CBD and POF, colored anvil, colored sandales, colored clothes, Here we may need to help our Devs with some ideas.
I know coding take a lot of work, and we can't get it all right now but a little in each of future publics.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
thanks @FrejaSP

and the artisian 4 day thing.....from decemebr the first....builds a xmas tree or something...lolz
Artisan Festival
The Artisan Festival is a new crafting event that allows crafters to take advantage of the new Bulk Order update to turn in Bulk Order Deeds for virtue & vice themed holiday rewards!

• The Artisan Festival Event is active between server up after December 1, 2016, 12:01 AM ET and January 1, 2016 12:01 AM ET.
  • The Artisan Festival occurs in any of the Governor cities with a treasury balance of at least 1,000,000 gp.
  • Town Criers will announce which city is currently active.
  • The Artisan Festival lasts for 3 days in each city during the event
  • While the Artisan Festival is active within a city, players may turn in Bulk Order Deeds to elves at a specially decorated location within each City,
    • Britain – East Britain Park
    • Jhelom – East of The Pearl of Jhelom
    • Minoc – West of The Matewan
    • Moonglow – East of the Scholar’s Goods
    • New Magincia – The Gazebo
    • Skara Brae – South of the Healer of Skara Brae
    • Trinsic – The Park
    • Vesper – East of the Fisherman’s Guild
    • Yew – East of the Yew Healer
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday items including,
    • Honor, Sacrifice, Hythloth, and Destard themed paper lanterns
      • Can be turned on an off by double clicking, function as a light source
    • Compassion, Honesty, Wrong, and Shame themed throw pillows
    • Valor, Spirituality, Despise, and Deceit themed wood sculptures
      • Animated, can be turned on and off by double clicking
    • Justice, Humility, Covetous, and Pride themed paintings
  • Players who claim their reward receive a Virtue or Vice themed reward based on their karma. Positive karma players receive a Virtue themed reward and negative karma players receive a Vice themed reward. Participants can only receive one gift per Artisan Festival in each city.
  • Rewards come in a new collectible holiday box available in a variety of hues.
  • There is a 1 day cooldown between events in each city to give participants a chance to claim their rewards. Players should claim their rewards as soon as the event ends.
  • The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried to put the reward values in a spreadsheet. So when you know the value of the reward you want, just bribe the BoDs to min that value. I'm sure my head will hurt less in the future from doing BoDs.
Will take longer to learn to know all the new Large Bods

Attachments

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
FrejaSP, your spread sheet is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. Would you consider putting this in the wiki? Or allowing one of us to? This has to been saved. :)
Also, great idea for the heartwood and gift recipes. I'd like to see the new edon ones added also. Have had a devil of a time getting them.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I tried to put the reward values in a spreadsheet. So when you know the value of the reward you want, just bribe the BoDs to min that value. I'm sure my head will hurt less in the future from doing BoDs.
ok whooooaaaa, pump the breaks here people.....

it takes 1200 points in tinkering to get the Blackrock Automation recipe?
i know we have this conversation going in another thread but what is up with this Blackrock Automation?????

i just assumed it was the same that we have now, are we talking about a different automation all together now?
for that many points id assume so, no?
cause the Automation recipe was like 10 Kotl turn in which is what..... 15 minutes of hunting?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't have office program to open but good job lol

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok whooooaaaa, pump the breaks here people.....

it takes 1200 points in tinkering to get the Blackrock Automation recipe?
i know we have this conversation going in another thread but what is up with this Blackrock Automation?????

i just assumed it was the same that we have now, are we talking about a different automation all together now?
for that many points id assume so, no?
cause the Automation recipe was like 10 Kotl turn in which is what..... 15 minutes of hunting?

For as much points as it takes for that blackrock automaton it better be a new one not one that was from the Kotl event deal... im wondering since it is blackrock does it take that to build it instead of ingots...considering ingots decided what automaton you got there are no blackrock ingots..

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For as much points as it takes for that blackrock automaton it better be a new one not one that was from the Kotl event deal... im wondering since it is blackrock does it take that to build it instead of ingots...considering ingots decided what automaton you got there are no blackrock ingots..
might actually have a use for all that bloody blackrock that is laying around.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
FrejaSP, your spread sheet is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. Would you consider putting this in the wiki? Or allowing one of us to? This has to been saved. :)
Also, great idea for the heartwood and gift recipes. I'd like to see the new edon ones added also. Have had a devil of a time getting them.
Feel free to put it somewhere. I may have made some errors in it. :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

The Fermentation Barrel still needs a gump similar to the distillery so we know what it is we're doing. Dumping organic things into a barrel and hoping for the best is called composting, notsomuch intentional fermentation.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do you need a Necro spellbook with the spell(s) in it, perhaps? I mean a scribe doing magery scrolls requires spellbook.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Fermentation Barrel takes plums (Plum Wine), grapes (Wine), apples (Cider) and pears (not sure what this creates). You can label your booze as with the distillery and the bottles you receive display similar information (plus the IRL year for some reason).

Plum wine created twenty bottles, stored in the barrel. So you will need multiple barrels if you want to save on lockdowns. The barrel can be emptied and reused.

The PoF keg can be used while locked down, in a secure container or in your pack. They count as 1 lockdown and the kegs can be refilled when emptied! :heart:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just go ahead and go live with it, and get it out of its misery...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I got a tinkering BOD for Kegs.....2/3's of the BOD requires Carpentry, not to mention the keg itself....maybe that one doesn't belong in the BOD system? Thoughts?

Also considering I just made the 15 kegs required and I can't fill it, says it's not the item requested :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak
In the EC, the Master Chef's Apron isn't being layered correctly. It falls under the belt and pants slots (at least when wearing a checkered kilt) It should be the top-most layer.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I got a tinkering BOD for Kegs.....2/3's of the BOD requires Carpentry, not to mention the keg itself....maybe that one doesn't belong in the BOD system? Thoughts?

Also considering I just made the 15 kegs required and I can't fill it, says it's not the item requested :(
It is unacceptable that a tinkering item requiting so many steps including the other skill of Carpentry is worth so little points. The name say keg but the item pictured is a potion keg. After crafting potion kegs my bod did fill from them.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Any chance of getting the snow weather effect turned on instead of the rain effect in Britannia? (the effect that is visible on Arctic/Ice Isle)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm working on one for Tinkering, since they just came out, I don't have a stockpile so I am writing down BOD's as I get them. So far I have managed to bank 116 points, trying to get the smalls to fill the larges I have. I get a LOT of jewelry BOD's :(

It's not much but it's a start lol

Tinkers.jpg

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the "Now Points" chart for Smithy BODs; maybe there are some typo, but that's pretty much it. The incremental for each level follows certain pattern (+10, +15, +25)
450 is the mark for POF.

Large BODs now gives 20% bank points.

Another thing about the new talisman....I browsed through the smithy craft menu and realized that pretty much MOST items already has very high success change at 120 skill, let alone failing, and with +60 hammer you dont fail on ANYTHING . I cant think of anything that will benefit from the failure protection...........Correct me if there's any exception.........exodus dagger 50%; easily dealt with using +60.

(edit: found one typo; replaced chart)
SS_729.png

Last edited:

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Large BODs now gives 20% bank points.

Thank you Sirion for This Chart... I like the layout way better that what I was doing.
Going to redesign my sheet tonight and try to get them posted for Tailoring and Tinkering.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings Everyone, We will pushing Publish 95 to Origin & Baja by approximately 4pm ET today, 11/10/2016. Izumo will receive Publish 95 during its normal maintenance period. Until Publish 95 is deployed world wide, character transfer between Origin, Izumo, and Baja will be disabled. Publish 95 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic […]

Continue reading...

Welp, pretty close to a full revamp of bods and I have to say pretty frustrated.

1- Entire Gump is updated but no 'sort alphabetically' option. We've asked for it since bod books came out.
2 - Entire Gump is updated but no' price all' option on the bod book that I can see.
3 - If you get 710 points for turning in a bulk order deed and you pick a 10 point item - thats all you get. Can't select 2x350 or a 700 point barb kit and a 10 point item etc. Misleading. Good thing I tested it on TC.
4 - The storage of points is too low - should at least give you 50% of the points if you choose to store.
5 - Still need bod books to work like SOT and PS books with 1 lockdown per book. Please. For the love of mike.
6 - Classic client bribing still fills your screen with useless text. Can you get rid of the stupid role play language and just give us - 'Can help you for 100 gp' instead? I don't need all the text.
7 - Crafting failing protection is only moderately interesting. A single charge of 'enhancement protection' would be hugely useful....
8 - Why can't one of the options for rewards be materials? Like leather or ingots? So much more useful than gold. Do a DC EX bod - get 100 dc ingots.

I could list about 50 other things but this is a start....

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, pretty close to a full revamp of bods and I have to say pretty frustrated.

1- Entire Gump is updated but no 'sort alphabetically' option. We've asked for it since bod books came out.
2 - Entire Gump is updated but no' price all' option on the bod book that I can see.
3 - If you get 710 points for turning in a bulk order deed and you pick a 10 point item - thats all you get. Can't select 2x350 or a 700 point barb kit and a 10 point item etc. Misleading. Good thing I tested it on TC.
4 - The storage of points is too low - should at least give you 50% of the points if you choose to store.
5 - Still need bod books to work like SOT and PS books with 1 lockdown per book. Please. For the love of mike.
6 - Classic client bribing still fills your screen with useless text. Can you get rid of the stupid role play language and just give us - 'Can help you for 100 gp' instead? I don't need all the text.
7 - Crafting failing protection is only moderately interesting. A single charge of 'enhancement protection' would be hugely useful....
8 - Why can't one of the options for rewards be materials? Like leather or ingots? So much more useful than gold. Do a DC EX bod - get 100 dc ingots.

I could list about 50 other things but this is a start....
1- I would like that too also in Sot, SoA and powerscroll books.
2- I dont need it, but I guess it would be useful for some players.
3- I dont see a problem here. Pick the Bod with the right points for the reward you want. Its like the old system. There are even more options now for most rewards. Maybe a bit confusing in the beginning, but no problem.
4- Storage system is just a bonus for Bods you turn in and dont want any reward for the points. 50% would be way too much to get high rewards with lower point Bods.
5- Better not. Then you could not use them in your bagpack. Better make them accessable in bagback and locked down or in container.
6- Something to turn the wall of text off or a smaller one at all would be nice, yes.
7- Would make Forged Metal of Artifacts kinda useless.
8- I dont like that. There are a lot of ways to get resources nowadays, no need for ingots or leather as rewards. Just bring back static ore and wood resources to make mining and lumber useful again.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with drowy on all these.

Especially #4. 50% would be just silly. 5 10x shadow iron shield bods should not give you a val runic hammer.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just some numbers for those requesting 25-100% banking of points. I currently have a full book of pof bod singles. I'm positive others have much much more. If we went with some of the numbers being tossed out here I would immediately have access to:

25% - 46 valorite hammers
50% - 92 valorite hammers
100% - 184 valorite hammers

That's just my pofs. I have tons more that I can use to get higher point values.

You would tank runic hammers to the level of sos maps!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is only true if the end result from burning the hammers is zilch. If you are to burn hammers and get amazing items the market would exist, possibly with even greater strength.

I still fail to see what the downside is to the game and wish someone could explain it in simple terms a dolt like myself could understand. My thought process is: More runics at cheaper prices(or free, oh no) should equal more options for players to use and build suits/weapons

I think I understand as it relates to two people who have posted fairly often stating this is the sky falling; their in game income is in danger and they wish to protect it(or so I believe) but, with exception to those two, how is allowing more people to exploit this market bad?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is only true if the end result from burning the hammers is zilch. If you are to burn hammers and get amazing items the market would exist, possibly with even greater strength.

I still fail to see what the downside is to the game and wish someone could explain it in simple terms a dolt like myself could understand. My thought process is: More runics at cheaper prices(or free, oh no) should equal more options for players to use and build suits/weapons

I think I understand as it relates to two people who have posted fairly often stating this is the sky falling; their in game income is in danger and they wish to protect it(or so I believe) but, with exception to those two, how is allowing more people to exploit this market bad?
What is your playstyle, how do you make your UO Gold?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What about the immediate removal of any need to collect LBODs? No one in their right mind would fill those when they can get the same thing with small bods. Not to mention at that point you are getting an even trade for your turn in/claiming of bods. With lbods you are turning in 4-7 bods for only 1 bod to get back. Now we are flooding the bods themselves. The system is pretty good right now in regards to the new point system.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your playstyle, how do you make your UO Gold?
I've had the same 300mil-1.2 bil for the last decade. As I said before i made my gold selling scrolls when they had value, the odd EM item I didn't want to keep and other looted stuffs. Mostly my gold has just built up over the years, I found it hard to spend unless the item I wanted had value in PvP but that died on Napa and gold just built up more and more. I sent guys to other shards and all that stuff but unless you are buying EM items(which farmed gold isn't going to finance) most everything else can be purchased with gold received from just playing and selling plain old items.

What about the immediate removal of any need to collect LBODs? No one in their right mind would fill those when they can get the same thing with small bods. Not to mention at that point you are getting an even trade for your turn in/claiming of bods. With lbods you are turning in 4-7 bods for only 1 bod to get back. Now we are flooding the bods themselves. The system is pretty good right now in regards to the new point system.
I don't care about Lbod's. Personally I found them cumbersome and always felt it was a poor system built to counter scripters but quickly became the world of scripts only.

Still neither of you bothered to explain the downside to other players. I could be blind, biased or just stupid but I still fail to see the issue(with exception to your personal bank status) so is it possible to address my question?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players need some sense of accomplishment. Basically you could get the most powerful runic hammer just with filling out a hand full of low level bods. Mine an hour. Fill the BODs. Ignore the bods for which you don't have the metal. Enjoy your val hammer...
You could ask as well for the average skeleton in New Haven to have the same loot table as the stygian dragon or charybdis.
Or just do away with points at all. 1 BOD = 1 reward. Any reward. Kinda lame, if you ask me...

Besides, the more is handed to someone on a silver platter, the faster the game would get boring for that person. People need goals. At least I do, for my part.
It is usually a fine line between the silver platter and an awful grind, but for the best items you usually have to invest time and resources.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you are saying that time invested should equal a reward, i agree. From my view the hammers and other runics have represented little value due to the RNG making the roll near worthless and reforging takes to many charges for a unknown return but if you had the opportunity to purchase 100 charges it could be worth the expense.

Still I'll be shocked if a flooded market actually sells anymore vs the current dozen or so top end hammers which currently don't seem to be selling anyways. i do appreciate the reply though.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've had the same 300mil-1.2 bil for the last decade. As I said before i made my gold selling scrolls when they had value, the odd EM item I didn't want to keep and other looted stuffs. Mostly my gold has just built up over the years, I found it hard to spend unless the item I wanted had value in PvP but that died on Napa and gold just built up more and more. I sent guys to other shards and all that stuff but unless you are buying EM items(which farmed gold isn't going to finance) most everything else can be purchased with gold received from just playing and selling plain old items.

I don't care about Lbod's. Personally I found them cumbersome and always felt it was a poor system built to counter scripters but quickly became the world of scripts only.

Still neither of you bothered to explain the downside to other players. I could be blind, biased or just stupid but I still fail to see the issue(with exception to your personal bank status) so is it possible to address my question?
So you really do not do BODs but because you PVPed you probably bought suits made from them back when they were useful but because of the new LOOT even they are pretty much useless now. There is no way you can buy the new LOOT with farmed gold. I find it interesting that you have your gold and you made it in different ways and it appears that you have what you need to play UO or have the ability to go get all this supper loot but you begrudge use the same opportunity to do the same with BODs. PvPers spend BILLIONS on their suits, do you know how many Barbed Runics/Val Hammers it would take to buy one of those suits, honestly what are one of those suits worth 20+ Billion so at 7M for a Val Hammer I would have to sell 2,857 of those just to make 20B but first I would need all the BODs and 2.9M ingots. I cant believe all the Gold I would make off of all those Hammers. You THINK we make a ton of gold from selling all those rewards but you FAIL to consider the gold we spend just to make one Val Hammer and you think we are being unreasonable because we do not like your proposal on destroying Crafters as a playstyle. Where are all your posts asking for the ability for all players, regardless of playstyle, to get this super loot and tons of rare items so they can have all the gold in UO. I am sorry that you play on a dead shard and have a need to go to Atl to get your stuff to play your game but guess what we as Crafters have to do the same just to support our playstyle. Destroying an entire playstyle just to give an EASY BUTTON to all the other playstyles is being selfish and destroys all Crafters but according to you it is us being greedy. I am so greedy I have like 200M total on 3 accounts spread out on 5 shards that I play and that is after what 19 years.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you are saying that time invested should equal a reward, i agree. From my view the hammers and other runics have represented little value due to the RNG making the roll near worthless and reforging takes to many charges for a unknown return but if you had the opportunity to purchase 100 charges it could be worth the expense.

Still I'll be shocked if a flooded market actually sells anymore vs the current dozen or so top end hammers which currently don't seem to be selling anyways. i do appreciate the reply though.
The val hammer is the top notch reward from smithy BODs. You would take the whole reward system ad absurdum, if you can get that easily.
But it sounds like your actual problem with val hammers lies within the reforging mechanics, where you have to burn them by the thousands to get decent results. That's a completely different topic then and isn't necessarily related to the BOD reward system.

Since I was never a rich player, I have no experience with any market in uo. So I can't comment on that.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a very telling statement. Not only do you simply cast aside an intricate part of bod's you also claim that most that fill them are scripters.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The val hammer is the top notch reward from smithy BODs. You would take the whole reward system ad absurdum, if you can get that easily.
But it sounds like your actual problem with val hammers lies within the reforging mechanics, where you have to burn them by the thousands to get decent results. That's a completely different topic then and isn't necessarily related to the BOD reward system.

Since I was never a rich player, I have no experience with any market in uo. So I can't comment on that.
That is exactly why he is asking for all runics to be made easy to obtain by all players but does not understand that by doing so it destroys what little market there is to the Crafters and their playstyle.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a very telling statement. Not only do you simply cast aside an intricate part of bod's you also claim that most that fill them are scripters.
Come on Fridgster you know for a fact that according to one other person that we are the richest players in all of UO and that we are the biggest scripters going and only want to line our pockets even more. "END SARCASM"