• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 to Origin, Izumo & Baja

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure. I had too much going on at that moment to notice but I did see the helm pop into my pack out of the corner of my eye!
If it happens again, I will be sure to take notice if I see the message and let you know

Sinder.. i had this happen too. Once was a reg colour sai and then i got some leather sleeves. There was no message saying it was an arti or anything but both fell in my pack. Also as soon as they fell in my pack the monster i killed disappeared instantly and i couldnt loot the corpse because well it was gone lol.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sinder.. i had this happen too. Once was a reg colour sai and then i got some leather sleeves. There was no message saying it was an arti or anything but both fell in my pack. Also as soon as they fell in my pack the monster i killed disappeared instantly and i couldnt loot the corpse because well it was gone lol.
@Kyronix

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So there are 2 items you can get for armor/weapons and both of them are for mages. So other characters get???

That's one of my biggest beefs with all drops anymore... nearly everything is geared to mages... all Mage Armor pretty much or it's go SDI or LRC or something... I mean I don't mind getting MR and LMC on some stuff... but does everything have to be mage stuff???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strangely enough I didn't get the patch notes from Stratics. uo.com is set as my home page for my browser, so I always know about game changes when I check my mail in the mornings before I log in.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct, once you have placed activators in all 8 chests, a gate will appear to the north
But where does the gate go? When I went through it someone else had done the chests, the gate just took me back to the big blue square in the main room. Does it go somewhere else for the person who filled the chests? Or is the purpose of the exercise to trigger the spawn of spectral myrmidex and kotl warriors I found there?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But where does the gate go? When I went through it someone else had done the chests, the gate just took me back to the big blue square in the main room. Does it go somewhere else for the person who filled the chests? Or is the purpose of the exercise to trigger the spawn of spectral myrmidex and kotl warriors I found there?
Yes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok couple things, ill cut them into smaller posts.

went out with a guild mate and we did some kill'n

noticed a couple things.

1) the Automation things are neat, if you look close at their arms before they activate you can see they are different ore colored.
shadow, DC, bronze, agapite ect ect ect.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2) still on the Automation dudes, there seems to be 2 different ones, you cant tell the difference just by looking at them i dont think, but when you lore them you can.

the one group have nice fat resists all around 50 and their HP are around 800ish.
the 2nd group have resists around 4-5 and their HP are up between 2700 and 3300.

the ones with the higher HP also tend to have higher skills in wrestle.
both groups have uber high magic resistance - 120-140 range.

the ones with higher HP take a bit longer to kill but not too much since their resists are so low.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
now, bugs. @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
noticed 3 with the spawning hidden chests.

1) if you are there when the chest is 're-spawned' it will show up to you as a grey bag even though you didnt detect it, you will just see a grey bag appear on the ground.
you cant pull its tag or open it or see how many items are in it.
once you detect hidden the grey bag turns into the Regal Chest.

2) a couple times i would notice that the chest will list 1 more item that i could see in it.
i had a guild mate check as well and it showed him the same.
would list 7 items and only 6 items would be in the chest.
so something was not showing.... better not have been something good!!!!
this happened about 12 times to me.
you can see from the pic below i emptied the chest and it still shows 1 item in it.

3) the poison you get from the chest does not show up on the icon/buff bar as having any time limit or level.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they could color-code certain important system messages, such as when there is a drop. This is not done consistently throughout the game.

Also, this lever message lasts 40 seconds, it really blocks the view when trying to click the right one. Maybe 5 or 10 seconds is long enough. @Kyronix

SS_296.jpg

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got around to doing a 'complete' run through the new dungeon and doing the entire chain from front to back.
neat!

im not 100% liking the toggle switch part to get into the time room but whatever.
it would be nice if it wasnt so random?
maybe if it cycled between like 3-5 different patters per day?
we hit a bad run last night and it took us forever to get through that damn thing.

but onto the good stuff.
we popped the blue carpet spawn and did that, really neat!
there was me and a guild mate there doing it and some random fella who wondered in and left before the end.
both my guild mate and myself got around 15 items each from the blue carpet spawn.
id assume the random fella did 10-15 before he left.
so thats not bad for 1 run i think.
i have only killed the auto-bots for 2 hours the night before and i think i got 10-12 items off that 2 hour run, so the drop rate is definitely ramped up for the blue carpet spawn.
easy to see with the cranked up fame you get.
everyone leaves that spawn Lord/Lady!

at the end i think its a neat spawn.
would be interesting to try it on ATL with 50 people there.
i thought it was bad with 3 of us!

Elixar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am about to go out of my mind trying to figure out what that stupid lever puzzle in the Kotl city. I have managed to get it to open the door only once in three days. Please, will someone post how to figure it out, and I don't mean post some vague clue I mean give us the method for figuring it out. Several times we have gotten three switches activated and nothing happened. We are writing stuff down and keeping track and THAT isn't helping at all other than to tell us there are way too many combos out there. We have been told the combos always go right to left but I have not independent verification of this. The difficulty of this puzzle is SERIOUSLY reducing my gameplay enjoyment and I would like there to be a logic to the pattern or a reduction of the number of combos possible. SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats what i was saying, it is a beast to do.

there is no fast easy way to do it either.
you need to get 6/10 switches right, once you flip the 4th wrong switch it starts over.

i was tracking what they where for a long while then i realized that there was no set loop of them or if there is its super high number - too high to try to track.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've gotten the wall to fall on just 5 correct switches.

Elixar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is my problem. The one and only time I got it to work I only activated 3 switches. Now I hear that the combo can be 5 or 6 long? There is entirely to high a degree of difficulty here for an event like these @Kyronix please take note of this and do something about it! It needs to be something that logic can produce a successful attempt, not just randomly flipping switches. I was completely looking forward to this event and now I am completely soured on this event and don't wish to continue trying. I hope you hear us before it goes live on the other shards because you will be inundated with grief messages if you do not.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah my guild did it before I got on the first day...they said it was easy....I was down there earlier trying to figure out the switches and it kept resetting on me and I have no clue how to do it and I'm frustrated and gave up :( lol

I managed to flip 3 switches correctly, nothing happened and I flipped another one, got zapped and it reset.....TOOOOO HARDDDDD!!! lol

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really need to up the spawn rate for the battle in the center, 3 people and its crowded. I know people might get a little defensive of the spawn if they shelled out a mill for the cores but you cant expect people not to join in during a hr fight. Spawn rate should be at least tripled imo.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really need to up the spawn rate for the battle in the center, 3 people and its crowded. I know people might get a little defensive of the spawn if they shelled out a mill for the cores but you cant expect people not to join in during a hr fight. Spawn rate should be at least tripled imo.

All in all I am enjoying the new content. Maybe I'm lucky but 80% of the time I can solve the puzzle part in under 15 min if I'm alone. I agree with tripling the spawn as it can get crazy even on a small shard like Baja. The problem isn't people joining in, the problem is a total lack of respect. We have 2 guilds on Baja ( I can't mention names) that are notorious for never helping or chipping in for cores, but still show up en masse and prefer only to fight spawn that others are already fighting. There is nothing "illegal" about that style of game play but it is annoying for those of us who do try to chip and help. Again I like the new content and don't blame the devs for the immaturity of some players

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
All in all I am enjoying the new content. Maybe I'm lucky but 80% of the time I can solve the puzzle part in under 15 min if I'm alone. I agree with tripling the spawn as it can get crazy even on a small shard like Baja. The problem isn't people joining in, the problem is a total lack of respect. We have 2 guilds on Baja ( I can't mention names) that are notorious for never helping or chipping in for cores, but still show up en masse and prefer only to fight spawn that others are already fighting. There is nothing "illegal" about that style of game play but it is annoying for those of us who do try to chip and help. Again I like the new content and don't blame the devs for the immaturity of some players
thats so gonna be me when i go to ATL to do it.
just gonna slum on the side wall and smoke and hang out until someone kicks the disco ball into 'go' then its everyone out onto the dance floor!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah my guild did it before I got on the first day...they said it was easy....I was down there earlier trying to figure out the switches and it kept resetting on me and I have no clue how to do it and I'm frustrated and gave up :( lol

I managed to flip 3 switches correctly, nothing happened and I flipped another one, got zapped and it reset.....TOOOOO HARDDDDD!!! lol
It may seem odd, but I am strangely comforted to discover that I am not, after all, the only one who has been reduced to total frustration by the inability to do this puzzle.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

If you're dieing to getting zapped you aren't waiting for the white text to disappear saying that you have low immunity to being zapped

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No I"m not dying..."m not THAT stupid ;) lol I figured that out all my meself!

But the levers....I click one...get zapped...wait.....click another...get zapped....wait.....click another....get zapped WARNING CODE IS RESETTING

One time I managed to get 3 levers to switch without zapping me but the next one I tried WARNING CODE RESETTING

I am not good at puzzles like this and I get very frusterated, I will not be doing this part on my own lol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto. I switched a zapped and healed for half an hour and didn't even get one switch right :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah when I got on my guild had already figured it out....*Oh it's easy* they said....*all you have to do is figure out the code*...they said....

Now, once the rock wall is down, I can do that part with no problems because the stupid code doesn't reset! Just takes time....but these levers are, to me, a little too complex.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No I"m not dying..."m not THAT stupid ;) lol I figured that out all my meself!

But the levers....I click one...get zapped...wait.....click another...get zapped....wait.....click another....get zapped WARNING CODE IS RESETTING

One time I managed to get 3 levers to switch without zapping me but the next one I tried WARNING CODE RESETTING

I am not good at puzzles like this and I get very frusterated, I will not be doing this part on my own lol
It helped me to write the ones I did get right down.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there are 2 items you can get for armor/weapons and both of them are for mages. So other characters get???

That's one of my biggest beefs with all drops anymore... nearly everything is geared to mages... all Mage Armor pretty much or it's go SDI or LRC or something... I mean I don't mind getting MR and LMC on some stuff... but does everything have to be mage stuff???
Even SSI jewelry has SDI or LRC

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even SSI jewelry has SDI or LRC
Yes and I need HCI and would much rather have DCI or something on it than SDI or LRC. I want HCI, DCI, DI on my SSI jewels but that NEVER happens... It's always some mage crap on there.

If I have to have mage crap on it then how about FC and FCR for my Chivy??