• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 to Origin, Izumo & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon everyone, We will be pushing Publish 94 to Origin, Izumo, and Baja this afternoon, 8/4/2016, at approximately 4 pm ET. At the time of the publish the Ultima Store, promotional code warehouse, and character transfer warehouse will be down for the three above named shards until we publish World Wide on August 10th. We will also be deploying a patch for the enhanced client to fix an additional crash with Legacy container mode. Check out the updated publish notes here and send any feedback here. Thank you in advance for your patience, UO Team こんにちは皆さん。 パブリッシュ94をOrigin、Izumo、Bajaに米現地時間8月4日(木)午後4時頃(日本時間8月5日(金)午前5時頃)導入します。これにともない、ウルティマ ストア、プロモーションコード、キャラクター転送は、米現地時間8月10日(水)に全シャードにパブリッシュが導入されるまでご利用いただけなくなります。 フィードバックは here からお送りください。あなたの忍耐に感謝致します。 UO チーム

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So are you not even going to acknowledge the huge crash bug with the EC then? Just push out a publish that kills gameplay for a large group of your players that's wise.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC1 Bug Fixes & Changes
  • Fixed issue where the Urali Trance potion would not provide mana regeneration correctly.
  • Fixed multiple crash issues where the enhanced client would crash when using legacy containers with your backpack.
  • Fixed issue with display of the Terms of Service and localized agreement.
  • Adjusted the destination locations for teleporters related to the Kotl City.
  • Creatures inside the Kotl City will no longer display the “add party” button when using the enhanced client.
  • Fixed issue where ghosts could bypass part of the Kotl City, self-resurrection inside the Kotl City using the Sacrifice Virtue is no longer permitted.
  • Adjusted karma on Kotl Automatons so players no longer incur a karma penalty for killing them.
  • Increased the threshold of wrong guess for the activator puzzle inside the Kotl City.
  • Corrected the spelling of the “Desiccated Myrmidex” larvae.
  • Generalized system messages related to the blood drain AI.
  • Fixed issue where sometimes the hidden chests inside the Kotl City would not function properly.
  • Fixed issue where the potted amaryllis would not be delivered from the 19th Anniversary token.
  • Increased the spawn cap for mobs in Champion Spawn areas.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just DL'd the EC patch, legacy containers work fine....can open them, move stuff around....so yay! :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So are you not even going to acknowledge the huge crash bug with the EC then? Just push out a publish that kills gameplay for a large group of your players that's wise.
hehe, someone didnt read the notes!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
question;

how long will the event run for?
i cant find the time frame for it listed, i know the Doom one they ran for like 90 days or 3 months or something.
Treasures of the Kotl City

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IS IT TURNED ON IN BAJA FOR THE ARTIES, KOTL CITY. some of us down there killed a lot but no one got anything yet lol

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really sucks. Not even one day notice to do a transfer or anything, why do we even have a TC if you are going to push stuff out this fast.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so...my guild figured out how to get through the impassible wall and figured out some other puzzles and we are now in the big back room that we couldn't get to before.

We've killed a LOT of spawn and so far no one has gotten any artifacts of Kotl City...is this part not turned on yet?

They did notice that tables spawned in the blue squares as they were killing spawn but the tables stopped spawning after 7..so not sure if that means anything lol.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some hints :)

Rock Wall.jpg
Locked Door.jpg
Levers.jpg

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay so...my guild figured out how to get through the impassible wall and figured out some other puzzles and we are now in the big back room that we couldn't get to before.

We've killed a LOT of spawn and so far no one has gotten any artifacts of Kotl City...is this part not turned on yet?

They did notice that tables spawned in the blue squares as they were killing spawn but the tables stopped spawning after 7..so not sure if that means anything lol.
I assumed it was like a regular spawn but i havent got that far alone.

The switches took a bit because i kept getting double zapped until i figured out to wait until the text disappears.

Update: I killed the spawn and it just reset the wall and the wheel.

Nothing dropped.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Finally got an artifact drop, theyre blue and will drop in your bag.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep tryin to figure it out...we've just been killing spawn and nothing else seems to be happening :/

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yep tryin to figure it out...we've just been killing spawn and nothing else seems to be happening :/
I dont think there's anything else to figure out.

Its just the spawn, but frankly the effort vs reward is too small. Now way would I do this repetitively.

Ive done this spawn pretty much by myself and so far got 2 drops

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So what you're saying is that this is nothing like Treasures of Doom...you don't kill stuff to get the arties, you have to do this spawn and hope you get ONE? And you need how many to turn in??

We've been down here awhile ourselves and no one has gotten anything....I think it needs to be tweaked a bit :/

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So what you're saying is that this is nothing like Treasures of Doom...you don't kill stuff to get the arties, you have to do this spawn and hope you get ONE? And you need how many to turn in??

We've been down here awhile ourselves and no one has gotten anything....I think it needs to be tweaked a bit :/
No Im saying it is exactly like treasures of doom but you do all that work with the wall, power cores, the blue swirly path with the blu eblobs to get two drops per spawn so far.

Ive got two pieces of armor of KOTL but you need the x amount to turn into the guy at the entrance

i dont know if you have to do the spawn to get the kotl items or not

if you dont i wouldnt bother

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well if it was like Treasures of Doom I'd have gotten SOMETHING off those little bug larvae on the West corridor but I killed about 486348634864 of those and got nothing :/

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well if it was like Treasures of Doom I'd have gotten SOMETHING off those little bug larvae on the West corridor but I killed about 486348634864 of those and got nothing :/
Then id guess you have to do the spawn to get the armor of KOTL drops.

Pretty smart on their part.

I like the process overall, just wish theyd tweak up the drop rate a bit.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes the drop rate needs tweaking and more then a bit....there's been 3 of us down here for a few hours and none of us have gotten anything....maybe Origin is broken :. lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think Oreo is cheating :/ lol *cries*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think Oreo is cheating :/ lol *cries*
wIsh i knew a way to cheat on this, so far i have four artifacts while doing the spawn twice on the big blue sqaure by where you do the switches.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Larisa~ same for us on Baja we havent gotten a thing. Is it even turned on to get drops? lol
It's on on test center so I assume itd be the same for the production shards.

You guys went through the gate and put the cores in and popped the spawn right?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I gave up, I'm just killing the automotons now :/ nothing yet!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh yeah we took the rock wall down, figured out the code, spun the time machine went through the gate and are killing 7486348364 myrmidex and lizardmen lol

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We cant figure out the code to even get in the room lol died 3482394872498237 times and counting

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oh yeah we took the rock wall down, figured out the code, spun the time machine went through the gate and are killing 7486348364 myrmidex and lizardmen lol
Thats odd but chances are the drop rate are just turned down to far

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To get the rock wall to drop, you have to figure out the 3 number combination code, count from left to right and remember which ones clicked without zapping you.

Once you have that figured out, go through the door to the south and spin the time machine...then go back to the rock wall, which will be gone now, and figure out ANOTHER code....while fighting those blue blob things..that's fun!

codes.jpg

We counted from North to South and put gold piles on the correct ones ;) lol this code is a 5-number combination.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thats odd but chances are the drop rate are just turned down to far
Too far?? How about no far! (no that doesn't make sense)

Seriously we've done it...the three of us....4 times.....and no one has gotten anything...@Kyronix can you PLEASE check on that???

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seriously we've done it...the three of us....4 times.....and no one has gotten anything...@Kyronix can you PLEASE check on that???
I killed 10-20 lava lizards/fire elementals/Ignis Fatalis yesterday on TC and got one. That was all I did though, since I went to the reward NPC and found out my tamer had 21 turn-ins leftover from the first year ToD ran. Selected the Glasses recipe and the Black Moonstone with them, then went to make a pair.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To get the rock wall to drop, you have to figure out the 3 number combination code, count from left to right and remember which ones clicked without zapping you.

Once you have that figured out, go through the door to the south and spin the time machine...then go back to the rock wall, which will be gone now, and figure out ANOTHER code....while fighting those blue blob things..that's fun!

View attachment 51414

We counted from North to South and put gold piles on the correct ones ;) lol this code is a 5-number combination.
Stealthing helps for the blue swirly lines and the blobs for the most part.

And its easier to buy a boat load of those power cores at the lyceum

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to Kyronix, the ghost Kotl and Myrmidex have the highest fame in the city (thus should drop artifacts more often). Turning on the power core gives you 1 hour of spawn in the plaza (area with altars).

Chances are the drop rate does need to be turned up though... But then I hate grinds :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh yeah, was getting TONS of Fame but no drops :/

Here's a picture of our 4th run just so everyone knows we ARE killing the correct things...I did kill about a gazillion of the larvae things and got nothing either :/

4thrun.jpg

Last edited:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Larisa~ same for us on Baja we havent gotten a thing. Is it even turned on to get drops? lol
I have gotten one total and that was from killing automatons around the lever room. I am hesitant to complain about drop rate though , as I fear it might be cut in half, just out of spite.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been gone from the game for a little while and alls I can compare this to is the minax drop for turn-ins and this is WAY TO SLOW because after 4 hours of non stop killing nobody is getting anything on Baja, the rate needs some major tweaking.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

There is currently an issue that is preventing the Kotl artifacts from being created on Origin, Izumo, and Baja. Keep an eye on UO.com for updates to Origin, Izumo, & Baja. In the meantime feel free to copy over to TC and get a feel for the drop rate on the Kotl Artifacts. In one cycle the other day on TC the group I was with netted several, I myself collected 4 in not that long a period of time. Sorry for the inconvenience and be sure to send in feedback on the Publish. Thanks!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is currently an issue that is preventing the Kotl artifacts from being created on Origin, Izumo, and Baja. Keep an eye on UO.com for updates to Origin, Izumo, & Baja. In the meantime feel free to copy over to TC and get a feel for the drop rate on the Kotl Artifacts. In one cycle the other day on TC the group I was with netted several, I myself collected 4 in not that long a period of time. Sorry for the inconvenience and be sure to send in feedback on the Publish. Thanks!
OH MY GOD! Thank you for checking into this! I just spent another 40 minutes killing stuff down there thinking I was cursed!

Heading to TC to check the drop rate, thanks! :)

Edited to add:

10 minutes of killing the blue blobs...

GotOne.jpg

Good stuff! I think it's gonna be fine once it's fixed, thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay on to my next complaint :)

PLEASE pretty please with a cherry on top increase the rate you get stone while mining only stone....PLEASE!!!

I just went through a 100 use shovel and got 23 granite :/

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran into a issue while doing a vermin champ spawn on Baja tonight. Once Barracoon appeared, the silver serpent and ratman archers continued to spawn the entire time the champ was up. The level 4 spawn is supposed to stop once the champ is up, right?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran into a issue while doing a vermin champ spawn on Baja tonight. Once Barracoon appeared, the silver serpent and ratman archers continued to spawn the entire time the champ was up. The level 4 spawn is supposed to stop once the champ is up, right?
Yes. I recall this happening in another Publish a while back. I believe it was the global loot one? That one also had Oaks advancing itself until 4th level - the pixies/ki-rins/unicorns would would kill the shadow wisps/wisps/centaurs.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
at 329 pm pac on baja. i posted here asking if it is turned on, fought for 2 hours and no one got any drops. i quit after over 5 hours of fighting. 810 pm kyronix posted about problem. I'm having too much fun

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I'll be going to the further room. I hate puzzles. I got as far as knowing I had to do something with those levers, and there I'm stuck. I don't have the faintest idea how to work out which ones to hit - and when you get a message that it re-set, do you start again?
Looks like it's 'phone a friend' time for me.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you start again. Without some kind of hints, there's just way too many levers.

Even Kyronix had troubles with it when playing on TC1, so much so he had to cheat :p

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW....are people still doing the pit fights? (for zippy/myrmidex queen)
I know my shard is not.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, you start again. Without some kind of hints, there's just way too many levers.

Even Kyronix had troubles with it when playing on TC1, so much so he had to cheat :p
The key to them that they are repeating sequence cycles.

Once I understood that and started writing the sequences down it wasn't a problem.

I popped it three times last night.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
OH MY GOD! Thank you for checking into this! I just spent another 40 minutes killing stuff down there thinking I was cursed!

Heading to TC to check the drop rate, thanks! :)

Edited to add:

10 minutes of killing the blue blobs...

View attachment 51418

Good stuff! I think it's gonna be fine once it's fixed, thanks again! :)
I got 5 drops over an hour on TC.

Though compared to Treasures of Doom I was getting a couple every 5 minutes or so.

But to get the new recipes they are worth 10, so its not terrible, not sure if ill just buy the items or grind out hours of this to get them.

This doesnt include the time it takes to do the puzzle or buying the power cores.