• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 Full TC1 Release

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You are picking a single form of healing to justify mortal timer. And saying you MUST have time to heal with that form in between.

I was using your logic and applying it to other attacks and other forms of healing.

But yeah, a 12 second timer from the end is comical. You think 6 seconds is fine and I think that is still newbie **** that needs to gtfo. So you can have your opinion and base it on healing with aids- thats fine. I just don't agree. Mortal will be pretty useless with current changes. Good job devs. Onto the next OP thing.
I expected this response.

The only reason healing was used because all the other forms of healing fall under the 4-5 seconds for healing.

If you do not use this, then it's not balanced for all templates that includes healing (bandages). If healing would have been 3 seconds and say greater heal 4, then they should have adjusted it around the longer timer of 4 seconds.

I dont know why its 12 seconds at the end of mortal, that is partially my fault since I thought it was the extended timer through the start. (which is still better than the 20 they had)

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are pros and cons to different forms of healing and I do not think that really needs to be taken into account here. Mortal should timer should not be based around that. G heals can be disrupted for instance. A dexer can heal while getting hit. One has to stand still, one can run. Either way you are arguing like I said the timer HAS to be 3 seconds. I said a 3-5 second range would be good- although I would lean towards 3 or 4. It does not matter because it is already being pushed out at this point.

So, let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There are pros and cons to different forms of healing and I do not think that really needs to be taken into account here. Mortal should timer should not be based around that. G heals can be disrupted for instance. A dexer can heal while getting hit. One has to stand still, one can run. Either way you are arguing like I said the timer HAS to be 3 seconds. I said a 3-5 second range would be good- although I would lean towards 3 or 4. It does not matter because it is already being pushed out at this point.

So, let's just agree to disagree on this topic.
Well man again, you don't account for interruptions in balance because it's based on RNG. Just like you don't account for running or standing still.

You account for the possible output and then RNG and running balance it from there.

3 seconds seems to little short to me but it's clear we won't reach the same conclusion where it should be, but can agree the current form needs fixed.

I don't know where they pulled the other numbers from. But 4 second mortal duration on a ranged weapon is over nerfing it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 seconds seems to little short to me but it's clear we won't reach the same conclusion where it should be, but can agree the current form needs fixed.

I don't know where they pulled the other numbers from. But 4 second mortal duration on a ranged weapon is over nerfing it.
Then focus on that. Because we both don't think this is a correct fix- we just have differing solutions (one is almost identical though with my 5 vs your 6 seconds after removal).

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Then focus on that. Because we both don't think this is a correct fix- we just have differing solutions (one is almost identical though with my 5 vs your 6 seconds after removal).
If they settled with either 5 or 6 I'd be fine with it vs the current 12.

They need to remove the damage tweaks and make the duration the same at 6 or 8 seconds.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't know where the Devs got their idea for these extremely long timers. 20 seconds? 12 seconds at the end of mortal? LMAO.

They didn't even consult the player base to see what would be a suitable duration. Instead they just picked some random number.
:facepalm:

They can't ever balance a special move properly. Their idea of balancing is to completely destroy the special move.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't know where the Devs got their idea for these extremely long timers. 20 seconds? 12 seconds at the end of mortal? LMAO.

They didn't even consult the player base to see what would be a suitable duration. Instead they just picked some random number.
:facepalm:

They can't ever balance a special move properly. Their idea of balancing is to completely destroy the special move.
I specifically asked Bleak for a 12 second timer, just didn't mean it at the end of mortal.

Aside from this, I don't know where they pulled the rest from.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you are saying that everything that the DEVs do should go through the player base before anything is done, hell 3 years from now we may get some fixes because you will never get %100 agreement on anything or is it just the most vocal her on Stratics that you think should have this privilege.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So you are saying that everything that the DEVs do should go through the player base before anything is done, hell 3 years from now we may get some fixes because you will never get %100 agreement on anything or is it just the most vocal her on Stratics that you think should have this privilege.
In this instance i believe they did listen, somewhat, when making change to mortal, which is what triggered the change to begin with.

However I wish they'd tweak it one last time to remove the damage mods and drop immunity timer at end in half.

Oh well

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So here's the new plant:

View attachment 51345

The response to it from those I know has been somewhere between: "When are they going to start singing and dancing" to "It looks like projectiles should be shooting out of them into incoming zombies."

I can't help but notice its not at quite the right perspective.
OK. I'm gonna have to be that guy again.

The amaryllis clashes with the classic art style and looks like it's growing in a tub of brown dye. It's also HUGE in relation to a character--an amaryllis is a bulb flower often used as a small decorative houseplant, not a massive jungle fern.

Between the continued abuse of perspective and the abandonment of the classic art style for cartoony stuff that sticks out like a sore thumb, I've been pretty disappointed with a lot of the new art, particularly the potted plants--and I LOVE the old potted plants. The artists nearly two decades ago were able to create a cohesive style for the world. While it's unrealistic to expect all new art to mesh perfectly with it, I think that it's not unreasonable to ask for better than this.

Interestingly, this flower would have worked better as a painting, where the lack of detail and definition works reasonably well once skewed into perspective:

amaryllisptg.jpg

At least they didn't make the top of the pot a full circle. That's progress I guess.

Mesanna stated in a recent meet and greet that all the dev team played UO except the artist. I think that the artist and his/her work would benefit from some quality time in the game, particularly the old lands, to get a better feel for the style.

All that said, the new tinker statues aren't bad, and I look forward to a tiny gypsy wagon (while I continue to await a full sized one!). But the huge mutant plants... and the circle tops... just... no. Please. No.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The nice art man does not have to play UO to see the plants. I think there may be many pictures of plants & flowers, trees, in the files to look at.

!!! Just saw halloween stuff! Awesome! You could live in one item...

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The nice art man does not have to play UO to see the plants. I think there may be many pictures of plants & flowers, trees, in the files to look at.

!!! Just saw halloween stuff! Awesome! You could live in one item...
It might help to run around the world to see how those art files fit together in the world. Looking at puzzle pieces individually doesn't give you the full picture. Context is important.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe I am an ingrate, but isnt anyone else disappointed that the anniversary gifts are all deco and recipes?
Why not bring the sands of sosaria up to date
Fill in the blanks with the snowglobes
Perhaps another token good for a soulstone frag
*shrugs*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe I am an ingrate, but isnt anyone else disappointed that the anniversary gifts are all deco and recipes?
Why not bring the sands of sosaria up to date
Fill in the blanks with the snowglobes
Perhaps another token good for a soulstone frag
*shrugs*
Actually I prefer recipes... Over one and done.

I too want that snowglobe... could use and Eodon one and a Shadowguard one... but meh...

As for putting tokens out again I wish they wouldn't... how about if they put those into the Spring Clean Rewards to chose? I'd much prefer that over giving me 3k in more items to try to find a home for. A recipe I can get and eat... then make the item whenever I want. No items added to storage.

As for Deco... Its what I look forward to... my disgust with that is in it being so grossly out of place.... completely not in the same quality and style as the old stuff... IMO it looks cartoonish... don't like it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ohh you dissembler you! No you can't transfer the automatons - but that's not the whole story!
Mechanical Pets – Ultima Online
So basically Petra what I'm looking at is that the Iron Automaton is hands down better than Valorite in every aspect save it's resists pretty much and the only change in using Valorite vs Iron is well.... it's damage???

Does that seem lame to anyone else or is that just me?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading those figures, it gets what the notes say it gets, the material bonuses. I wouldn't like to guess whether it's worth less slots until I'd actually tried hunting with one.
Reading that, a dull copper would get an additional 10 physical resist. Not sure whether the extra durability applies.
The thing that struck me, and the reason I posted that link, is that it IS transferable, under the right conditions.