• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 4 Comes to TC1

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is there a way to macro injecting strike? So u don't need to open the book or click the icon each time? Didn't see it in the macro list in CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
last spell or use UOA

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
TC1 hasn't gone down yet for publish, when it comes back you'll be able to use the "Give Arties" command to get a bag of them.
Nice job with the expansion and feedback, you guys did a good job. I know a lot of hours went into this, and im sure it'll get even better.

Have a good one man.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the new arties get colored at some point I wonder? Would be kind of a shame if they broke tradition by no coloring them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Accepting mastery quests do not show up in quest log and all ask to kill Rikktor. Not sure if this is intentional but some variety would be cool, like baracoon for archery, neira for necromancy, semidar, lord oaks, harrower, mephitis, etc.

PS Armory bug is fixed.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Accepting mastery quests do not show up in quest log and all ask to kill Rikktor. Not sure if this is intentional but some variety would be cool, like baracoon for archery, neira for necromancy, semidar, lord oaks, harrower, mephitis, etc.
Yesterday Dot_Warner reported that all Mastery quests requested to kill the Primeval Lich instead, and Kyronix said that it was random. So maybe it changes to a different random boss monster once per day?

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Now they did it, some of those artifacts seem overpowered. Like better version of Crimson Cincture

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is there a way to macro injecting strike? So u don't need to open the book or click the icon each time? Didn't see it in the macro list in CC.
Draw the icon and place it somewhere, that make it a little easier

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As all of the new mastery's have passive abilities how about doing the same for the bards? They rarely get tossed a bone this seems like a legitimate time and reason as any to bring it up (again).

As the Bard class is fairly unique compared to the other's I'd like to see it have maybe a passive ability for each and/or a special for having all 3, for example an ability called Trine (4x120): a glowing aura around the Bard of radius 5 tiles, anything within that aura suffers abnormalities/mutations from the conflicting songs of Peace and Provoke combined with the weakening effect of Discord. Effects could include things similar to Blackrock infection/Parragon/negative regens, and on low to mid level monsters area Discord/Provoke. Each successfully triggered effect would consume 50% of the Bards Mana and Stamina.

And before anyone says it's too strong... it's 480 skill points of your template that (unlike a lot of templates) have synergy, it should give something.

Also, as literally anything could be infected it would be a double edged sword in the sense of balance, you can take a Bard for the Discord and party buffs BUT you might turn the monster Parragon in the process.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Now they did it, some of those artifacts seem overpowered. Like better version of Crimson Cincture
Always fun to break the contemporary templates and invent new ones.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The gargoyle version of the Earring's... the protection doesn't count as a slot, can Imbue 5 properties, but they're only 450 cap intensity, any chance it could be made 500?

The wand is also Imbuable... if you change the Mage Weapon as low as -29 Mage Wep, you could add 13 DCI, or 36% Hit Fireball

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yesterday Dot_Warner reported that all Mastery quests requested to kill the Primeval Lich instead, and Kyronix said that it was random. So maybe it changes to a different random boss monster once per day?
Could be, I must have missed that.

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As all of the new mastery's have passive abilities how about doing the same for the bards? They rarely get tossed a bone this seems like a legitimate time and reason as any to bring it up (again).

As the Bard class is fairly unique compared to the other's I'd like to see it have maybe a passive ability for each and/or a special for having all 3, for example an ability called Trine (4x120): a glowing aura around the Bard of radius 5 tiles, anything within that aura suffers abnormalities/mutations from the conflicting songs of Peace and Provoke combined with the weakening effect of Discord. Effects could include things similar to Blackrock infection/Parragon/negative regens, and on low to mid level monsters area Discord/Provoke. Each successfully triggered effect would consume 50% of the Bards Mana and Stamina.

And before anyone says it's too strong... it's 480 skill points of your template that (unlike a lot of templates) have synergy, it should give something.

Also, as literally anything could be infected it would be a double edged sword in the sense of balance, you can take a Bard for the Discord and party buffs BUT you might turn the monster Parragon in the process.
Bards already get a passive bonus with bard masteries (As per publish 67's notes http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_67 and http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries) :
  • Bards get a 10% bonus to their success chance when using the skill of their active mastery ('mastery focus') and a 5% bonus when using any other bard skill.
  • Cool down on use of a bard skill is 8 seconds but having a bard mastery active reduces the cool down by 1 second with an additional second reduction for the skill of the active mastery.
It's relatively on par with the other mastery bonuses, such as saving throw or enchanted summoning. It's a fair passive ability that helps in strengthening your bard abilities and reducing the cool down.

Last edited:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GREAT artifact boosts. That shield went from being meh to top item for me. Psyched to see a must have item out there, and there are several!

Sad that wrestling is still worthless, though.
We need some artifact gloves with appropriate properties for wrestlers. 41fXAZENBZL[1].jpg

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, i'd say Ozymandia's Obi is on par with the Crimson Cincture, particularly the VvV version. VvV Crimson has +10 Health/+10 DEX/2 HPR. Ozymandia's Obi has +10 STR/+10 Stam/+2 SR. The Crimson Cincture's +10 Health is equivalent to 2 imbues (+5), while +Stamina can be imbued in +8, or reforged with +10.
Artifacts with DEX bonus are also less common than artifacts with STR bonus. Mace & Shield Glasses have +10 STR/+5 DEX, Conjurer's Trinket has +1 STR, plus Purple Petals gives +5 STR.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Bards already get...
...shafted? Yes I know. I didn't play UO from day one so can't speak for then, but for the time I have played (12-14 years) a cursory look at content added for specific classes (that was useful/made money/better game play for it's class at the time it was introduced) shows that:

Casters: Have received 4 updates with Necromancy, Spellweaving, Mysticism, and now the Mastery's.
Dexxers (including ranged): have received 13 updates with special moves (5x), new weapon types (3x), Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Throwing, and now the Mastery's.
Tamers: Have received 27 updates with Ki Rin, Unicorn, Hiryu, Lesser Hiryu, Rune Beetles, Bake Kitsune, Fire Beetle, Cu Sidhe, Reptalon, 11 new tameables in SA, Fire Steed, Greater Dragon, Bane Dragon/Dread War Horse (which should really count as 2 but I got bored of adding up all the Taming ones), Mastery's, Tigers, Dragon Turtles and (ironically I think) the whole of the Humility virtue.
Crafters and misc skills: Have received 4+ updates with Runics, Quests, Imbuing, Fishing, Begging, and various others.

Bards: Have received 2 updates with Fire Horns (so long ago it doesn't appear to be documented anywhere), and Mastery's in publish 66 (about 4 years ago).

On top of what's added there's what's taken away, of course some monsters such as Paroxysmus' are anti Tamer encounters so we can -1 on Taming. For Bards Doom can't be Provoked, Peerless can't, Masters can't, most Champ Spawns/Events can't, so you can probably (conservative estimate) -15 off of Bards.

You could also then talk about items, like specific artifacts, however this is mostly non specific as many items can be used on multiple classes.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bards: Have received 2 updates with Fire Horns (so long ago it doesn't appear to be documented anywhere), and Mastery's in publish 66 (about 4 years ago).

On top of what's added there's what's taken away, of course some monsters such as Paroxysmus' are anti Tamer encounters so we can -1 on Taming. For Bards Doom can't be Provoked, Peerless can't, Masters can't, most Champ Spawns/Events can't, so you can probably (conservative estimate) -15 off of Bards.

You could also then talk about items, like specific artifacts, however this is mostly non specific as many items can be used on multiple classes.
More bard changes:

Enticement changed to disco.
100 skill used to be 100% success in skill.
Fire horn nerf - I never PvP'd, but friends said it was so strong you could kill a group of players with it if they stood close together .. it used more SA then though.
Line of sight - you could provo things, run to another part of the dungeon, provo something else and run back to the first lot and they'd still be fighting or one / both would be dead, now you have to stay nearby and visible for skill to keep running.
Slayer instruments.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
More bard changes: Enticement changed to disco.
True, but then when Discord was Enticement it was effectively no different from going war mode and double clicking a monster, so I would hardly consider Enticement a valid skill.

100 skill used to be 100% success in skill.
Not any time I played it hasn't.

Fire horn nerf - I never PvP'd, but friends said it was so strong you could kill a group of players with it if they stood close together .. it used more SA then though.
Possibly but I doubt it. It'd be a -1 for Bards, plus skill investment vs result, plus effectively the same thing we have now with the likes of Super Nova which don't require skill.

Line of sight - you could provo things, run to another part of the dungeon, provo something else and run back to the first lot and they'd still be fighting or one / both would be dead, now you have to stay nearby and visible for skill to keep running.
You still can if you re enter LOS in a certain time, but even still this would count as a -1, it's not a positive addition/update to the class.

Slayer instruments.
Kind of agree on this one. Though it's a minor success chance boost to the effect you already was getting, it's not exactly an addition the way a new spell or special or tameable is, plus if this counts for Bards it counts for Casters and Dexxers too.

So yeah I agree what you've mentioned are more 'changes', but then they're the kind of meanial tidbits like using Snake Carming Flutes (that make bugger all difference to the desirability or enjoyment of playing a Bard), things that are not needed in the slightest and don't add any value. Even the lowest Taming addition results in something, like when Blule Beetles (another +1 Taming) were added people had to hire Tamers to get them.

Do you, in all honesty, think Bards have received anywhere near the worthwhile updates of other classes? Other than Mastery's what have they done for Bards in the last 12 years that's even remotely comparable to the entire new schools of spells Casters have had, the weapon skill, weapons, specials and combat spells Dexxers have had, or the pet of the year that Tamers get? Before you answer find out how much Blaze Cu's fully trained Dread War Horses, Legendary Splinter weapons, and Slayer Scrapper's go for... then look at the Iolo Lute/Gwenno's Harp/Dread Flute, that should put the value of what's been added into context nicely.

Last edited:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not any time I played it hasn't.

Do you, in all honesty, think Bards have received anywhere near the worthwhile updates of other classes? Other than Mastery's what have they done for Bards in the last 12 years that's even remotely comparable to the entire new schools of spells Casters have had, the weapon skill, weapons, specials and combat spells Dexxers have had, or the pet of the year that Tamers get? Before you answer find out how much Blaze Cu's fully trained Dread War Horses, Legendary Splinter weapons, and Slayer Scrapper's go for... then look at the Iolo Lute/Gwenno's Harp/Dread Flute, that should put the value of what's been added into context nicely.
Pre pub. 16, http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16_-_Barding_Changes.

I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you on worthwhile updates compared to other classes, it's not something I have thought about; just pointing out other changes :)

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so my Question is the new artys drop from edon monsters thru all the land or just bosses?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
From what I heard they're on every boss/champ/peerless in game though I'm not sure I quite believe that (may have just misunderstood), as some champs already had a ton of Replicas.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I heard they're on every boss/champ/peerless in game though I'm not sure I quite believe that (may have just misunderstood), as some champs already had a ton of Replicas.
Thats the masteries you are thinking of. The artifacts all come from the finale of Shadowguard I believe.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the masteries you are thinking of. The artifacts all come from the finale of Shadowguard I believe.
Hopefully the dragon turtle champ gets some of them otherwise whats the point of doing him after the first time!

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully the dragon turtle champ gets some of them otherwise whats the point of doing him after the first time!
Dragon Turtle Hatchlings. Most tamer folks will want a 4.4 at least. Not so easy as other taming pets.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure it's already be answered but what's the trick with the eggs? I had one but it crumbled (or whatever) upon use.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Tiger pelt armour Pants and shorts are still bad.
We DONT want togo down the road of showing our underwear tops while wearing pants that are falling down our waist.......
(Classic client)

If this is gonna be the new norm can we finally get some new underwear as my shiney whities are that old they have turned into a grey nappy......

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but then when Discord was Enticement it was effectively no different from going war mode and double clicking a monster, so I would hardly consider Enticement a valid skill.
Someone clearly never enticed the npcs with black sandals out of town to murder them. :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm betting that's where the new artifacts come from. If so that's why I'll be doing it.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Here's my summation of the new Mastery's. Take into account I've played every template and most hybrids in PvM and PvP, so I'm really trying to find the most powerful use for each one in many areas.

Passive for Magery/Mysticism/Necromancy/Spellweaving:
-Enchanted Summoning- A nice, reasonable little boost.

Magery:
-Death Ray- Pretty useless, easily stopped.
-Ethereal Burst- A free refill of mana, why not.

Mysticism:
-Nether Blast- Useless
-Mystic Weapon- I like this idea as it will give some different template options, plus may slightly affect training rates.

Necromancy:
-Command Undead- LOVE IT! It's awesome.
-Conduit- LOVE IT! However, seems to not always work, so might be a bug or two to iron out.

Spellweaving:
-Mana Shield- LOVE IT! I think it's borderline overpowered, however the only thing I'd really like changed with it is for it to drop immediately if Spellweaving is stoned off, as I can see it unbalancing duels otherwise.
-Summon Reaper- Not 100% sure but if it's WOD actually lands on targets how we'd all hope and expect then it's great, otherwise can't really see the point and it gets dispelled really easily.

Passive for Chivalry/Bushido/Ninjitsu:
-Intuition- Although an extra 15 mana is great on a dexxer I actually think this is a bad move. This expansion/booster or whatever it is is adding a lot of new gear and ways to get SSI/DI/HCI in places you previously couldn't which results in more free Imbueable suit slots, 15 mana from this is technically another 2 slots freed up. Dexxers are already capped on everything important in a good suit (was 5 years ago too), these changes are allowing them too much suit freedom. Just changing my TC dexxer from the previous gear to the new gear overcapped his HCI and DI by so much I could completely reImbue the jewels without it and add 60 skill points without even trying.

Bushido:
-Anticipate Hit- Kinda pointless as if you're using Confidence to heal you can just off screen from damage ticks and re do it anyway.
-Warcry- Too short duration, too similar to Evade, I'd prefer it if it did something like put a target in some sort of 'scared' state where something was debuffed.

Chivalry:
-Rejuvenate- Seems excessive.
-Holy Fist- I think dexxers have enough ways to damage and slow other players without this.

Ninjitsu:
-Shadow- Can't say I'm really clear what this does but it seems fairly useless.
-White Tiger Form- LOVE IT! It's awesome.

Passive for Archery, Fencing, Mace, Swords, Throwing:
-Saving Throw- STUPID! Think about it in any Mage/Wrestler vs Dexxer scenario, one of the few things you can do to stop the tirade of Splinter/Hit Spell/Specials/and now Mastery's is Disarm with no HCI (as most wouldn't) it's already difficult to Disarm, this stupidly tips the odds even further in the dexxers favour in those fights.

Archery:
-Flaming Shot- Haven't used, but imagine it's useless.
-Playing The Odds- People already put these mods on their gear if they need them, this is useless.

Fencing:
-Thrust- Didn't seem particularly good.
-Pierce- Didn't seem to make any difference.

Mace Fighting:
-Stagger- Didn't seem particularly effective.
-Toughness- Kind of pointless, if you can upkeep the mana for the effect then you can upkeep the hp and therefore don't need 30 extra hp.

Swordsmanship:
-Onslaught- GOOD! Well balanced, and useful.
-Focused Eye- Same as Playing The Odds, redundant.

Throwing:
-Elemental Fury- Undecided, seemed ok but need to test it more to find out how far it can be pushed.
-Called Shot- Same as Playing The Odds/Focused Eye, redundant. (Although, I read the damage has been coded wrong and currently overcaps I imagine they'll fix that.)

Parrying:
-Shield Bash- Seems ok, but nothing special.
-Bodyguard- Seems like it'll be a dual clienters dream, otherwise fairly pointless.
-Heighten Senses- Upkeep makes it pointless it should be the passive ability.

Poisoning:
-Tolerance- Not sure yet.
-Injected Strike- Will probably result in PvP imbalance.
-Potency- *Shrug*

Wrestling:
-Rampage- Just doesn't seem quite good enough to care about.
-Fists Of Fury - Bit crap with the cooldown.
-Knockout- Only noticeable difference in PvM (and who's going to use it for that =/), in PvP even with full dexxer setup (HCI/SSI/DI/120 Tactics/120 Anatomy/150 Str) was only doing 1 damage so unless something went wrong in that test it's made no difference.

Animal Taming:
-Whispering- LOVE IT! However, I would prefer it to have an upkeep than a cooldown, or better yet be passive.
-Combat Training- Not 100% convinced they're doing what they're supposed to do, and can imagine some of them being overpowered.
-Boarding- Massive yawn (didn't they say everyone's getting +2 with this release anyway?). Also I think it should kick the last two pets when you change mastery but apparently it doesn't.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't say I'm a fan of the warrior masteries, yeah. But oh well. Extra mana will be nice I guess. I'd use parry instead but the third ability which seems most useful also seems too expensive.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Lol, rather than find a common ground d they either make them junk or make them op. There's a simple way to tone down some of them without making them worthless. Like the talisman, as a trade off for having 5ssi it should have like 10 di or no regen. Putting LRC or lmc with Mr on a robe isn't a a bad idea, but that much with SDI? That robe becomes hands down the best robe out there rather than an option instead of conj garb or SDI/DCI/hci, etc.

New artifacts should have a use, but not be so good that you supplant anything you had before to use them.

Don't get me started on the mage weapon or the 10lrc 10lmc shoes...
You know, the shoe's with the dci/hci is a fairly good trade off though cause you're gaining 10 but losing 5. I don't see shoes with 10lmc, but I do see them with 5lmc which IMO is still OP. It just turned a legendary that hit crazy mods but has low LMC into an extremely viable piece. That robe better be as uncommon as the slither or even more so! Along with that new tailismen. That right there is straight crazy.

It's making the most powerful template in the game that much easier to make. Before the loot pub you had to sacrifice certain attributes to make a 211. With the current loot pub you were able to fit in quite a bit with the possibility of not needing all 6 slots to hit +10 stam which made the template excel further, but adding a tailismen that will literally replace a second piece allowing you to focus on more regens or other crazy legendaries.

I dunno, this is just going to continue to drive the games damage output to be beyond what current stats/hps can handle.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...shafted? Yes I know. I didn't play UO from day one so can't speak for then, but for the time I have played (12-14 years) a cursory look at content added for specific classes (that was useful/made money/better game play for it's class at the time it was introduced) shows that:

Casters: Have received 4 updates with Necromancy, Spellweaving, Mysticism, and now the Mastery's.
Dexxers (including ranged): have received 13 updates with special moves (5x), new weapon types (3x), Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Throwing, and now the Mastery's.
Tamers: Have received 27 updates with Ki Rin, Unicorn, Hiryu, Lesser Hiryu, Rune Beetles, Bake Kitsune, Fire Beetle, Cu Sidhe, Reptalon, 11 new tameables in SA, Fire Steed, Greater Dragon, Bane Dragon/Dread War Horse (which should really count as 2 but I got bored of adding up all the Taming ones), Mastery's, Tigers, Dragon Turtles and (ironically I think) the whole of the Humility virtue.
Crafters and misc skills: Have received 4+ updates with Runics, Quests, Imbuing, Fishing, Begging, and various others.

Bard skills don't become obsolete however. Disco is just as useful now as the day they changed Enticement into it. Bards offer massive buffs to anyone in their party, and can seriously debuff their opponents. Practically no other skill fills that role. Bards are the best team players for PvM.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*** SPOILER ***
Shadowguard Roof Bosses
(Pics/Stats/Loot)

When you enter the Roof, Minax summons the 4 bosses in random order. You finish the Roof by killing all the 4 bosses.

*(all bosses done by solo with only 140 luck)

Minax
Minax_pic.jpg

Ozymandias
Ozymandias_pic.jpg

Lore:
Can't be lored but his HP seems to be about 10,000, same as other Roof bosses.
Speed: Normal. Seems he's not moving when he's using Yumi.
Abilities: Very high wrestling/wep skill. Parry. Swaps two weapons, Scimitar and Yumi. Uses Scimitar when being attacked with ranged weapon, uses Yumi when attacked with melee weapon(this is weird). Also uses special moves, Frenzied Whirlwind with Scimitar, Force Arrow and Psychic Attack with Yumi.
(Bug?) He doesn't come off the center stage when I have melee wep and he's using yumi and not moving. In this situation, how can you make him move... ?

Loot:
Ozymandias_loot.jpg

-----
Leather armor he was wearing
Necro full spellbook
-----
1x Greater Magic
2x Major Magic
4x Lesser Arti
9x Greater Arti
4x Major Arti
5x Legendary Arti
(yes, five legendaries. Phat lootz.)
-----

Juo'nar
Juo'nar_pic.jpg

Lore:
Juo'nar_lore.jpg

Speed:
Normal
Abilities: Magery and Necro spells. Lowers player's skills by 15-30%(?). Pulls players from distance. Undead slayer works.

Loot:
Juo'nar_loot.jpg

-----
4177 Gold
2x Tattered Remnants of an Ancient Scroll
1x Untranslated Ancient Tome
14x Vampric Embrace
27x Summon Air Elemental
13x Hail Storm
7x Cleansing Winds
4x Nether Cyclone
-----
2x Lesser Arti
2x Greater Arti
2x Major Arti
2x Legendary Arti
-----

Virtuebane
Virtuebane_pic.jpg

Lore:
Virtuebane_lore.jpg

Speed:
Fast
Abilities: Magery spells. Dismount (melee attack). "You will burn to a pile of ash!" - large explosion, damage, paralyze and dismount.

Loot:
Virtuebane_loot.jpg

-----
4955 Gold
-----
1x Major Magic
5x Lesser Arti
4x Greater Arti
4x Major Arti
3x Legendary Arti
-----

Anon
Anon_pic.jpg

Lore:
(when in elemental form)
Anon_lore.jpg

Speed:
Slow, he doesn't move much.
Abilities: Magery spells. Parry. Can be disarmed. Turns in to elemental forms, it seems he just super heals instantly the same damage taken from players, meaning he's invincible when in ele form. I just step back and wait till he turns back to human form and then attack again.

Loot:
Anon_loot.jpg
-----
His outfit
Magery reagents
-----
no magic items found on his corpse
-----

Impression:
I see no issues in Virtuebane and Juo'nar, but Ozymandias and Anon's movement (and AI) kinda look broken and they're also very easy and boring to fight.

Suggestions:
I want some interaction with Minax when fighting the bosses on the Roof.
Anon should rather summon elementals instead of turning himself into an invincible elemental. I personally prefer bosses with deadly powerful attacks rather than defensive and time consuming ones like Anon and Ozymandias.
One issue I see in the Roof, players can easily farm legendaries by killing bosses and then leave the room without finishing it and then enter the room again. Bosses are summoned in random order so you can just enter and leave the room over and over until you get your favorite boss. Saving the progress (the bosses already killed not spawning again) could solve this issue.
And... I wish I could fought Minax too.

Feedback - Shadowguard Encounters

Overall:
- The exit timer after finishing an encounter actually takes 180 seconds instead of supposed 90.
While leave the timer as is, I suggest to also pop an exit gate so players can leave the room immediately after finishing the encounter, otherwise players are forced to wait for 90 seconds which is frustrating.
- I get dismounted off my parox swampy every time I leave/finish an encounter.

The Orchard: I like this room. I'd take even more trees. I understand why treefellows have to constantly dismount me but it's a bit annoying to be honest. Add more trees and remove dismount, let treefellows spam "vile" messages that confuse players, "Hey it was Honor... No, it's Honesty... No, actually it's Valor..."

The Fountain: This encounter is all about how lucky you are to get all the necessary pieces in fastest time possible, so it gets frustrating when you're not getting the missing pieces. I couldn't come up with any good suggestions... but maybe give a 70% chance to a hurricane elemental to drop one of the 2 straight pieces ?

The Bar: My impression is that this encounter gets my hand very busy on the mouse and Shanty has a weird voice.

The Belfry: Very challenging and purely PvM oriented. You need to come up with a optimal template and tactic. Timer for the feeding bells should end when a player is pushed off the center stage. The greater spams heals and just recover while players have to wait for the bells activated again.

The Armory: I find this a bit boring. Tips: you can throw a purified phylactery from distance (up to 8 tiles) and even through the walls....

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Bard skills don't become obsolete however. Disco is just as useful now as the day they changed Enticement into it. Bards offer massive buffs to anyone in their party, and can seriously debuff their opponents. Practically no other skill fills that role. Bards are the best team players for PvM.
But neither does the stuff added to any other class so not really sure what your point is. You could argue that fair enough no one is making a living off of selling Blue Beetles anymore, and players have mostly worked out which specials are worth using and which not, but that doesn't mean at the time they were released they weren't a huge boon for those classes.

The party buffs/debuffs of Bards have only existed since Masteries.

My point isn't that Bards are in any way weak and in need of a boost. My point is that every other class gets updated frequently except Bards, whether it's additional skills, abilities or artifacts (or a whole virtue to it's self). Bards are also the only class fully excluded from taking part against some monsters. Where as all other classes can take part against all monsters, the only exception to that being Tamers/Paroxysmus'.

And also, Arch Cure, Mass Curse, Noble Sacrifice, Cleansing Wind, Mass Sleep, plus the new Mastery's of Bodyguard and Rejuvenate.

I don't see why everyone's so against them adding to the Bard class the same way they do every other class in the game. Whether it's something small like a new artifact instrument, or an entirely new mechanic like song enchanted controllables, spells, abilities doesn't matter just want to see them get the same consideration every other class does. I actually got to speak to Kyronix on TC the other day and without bashing the guy himself it was clear that Bards are never a consideration by the team. "No one talks about them so that must mean they're happy." ... *Facepalms* ... Uh yeah or they just play what gets new stuff.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't there something back after Doom was made where some people wanted only real skill to count for some attack and have jewelry skill not count for it? That only those with the four 120 real skill skills could do it? Seems I recall they got their way.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
*** SPOILER ***
lol... funny you should post this, I just got in there today myself and was half way through doing the same thing (screenieing everything) when I found this... Anon really had me stumped I was throwing everything at him left pet killing it for over an hour while I went and did something else (as when I attacked too it seemed to heal twice as fast), came back hes still at half hp... read this and killed him in 2 mins lol.

None of them are too difficult, just annoying with how fast they heal, VB and Ozy drop Legendaries out the wazoo. Got the cape at the end and a big gold explosion like at a Champ Spawn, looks about a mil I'd guess same as Oaks.

Would probably have been a million times easier if I'd used a dexxer, or known about Character Copy lol. Given the drop rate of Legendaries I can see people doing it just for those. Think it'll get farmed all day.

The Greater Dragon in Belfrey is a Parragon btw.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah. Kinda disappointed with that too really, I don't mind things being soloable, but I want to at least have to rebuild someone to do it.
I believe the best solution is, if spawn is dynamisk, so numbers of players and their power effect the strengh of the spawn and the loot. Not sure if it is possible, but lets say group of not so skilled players try to kill the spawn, the spawn will be weaker and the loot less, than if a group of strong players kill it. A strong solo player will also get less loot than a strong group but maybe a little more than a weak group.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it seems like they buffed them and moved all the loot to the final boss in the finale in the Origin/Izumo release.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- Dragon Turtle and Dinosaur need phat lootz too.
- Give a little boost to the quality of magic items in Dragon Turtle loot.
- Dinosaurs are the creatures that represent and characterize the valley of eodon, so they should offer special reward for adventurers other than regular magic items.
- Eodon Minor Artifact - rare drop from dinosaur, the basic idea is to give players more options and varieties for their suit building. Each artifact has 1 or 2 special mods on it, either overcapped mods or mods that cannot be imbued - skill bonus on an armor piece for example and they can all be imbued/reforged/enhanced with imbue cap of 500. Something like Clockwork Leggings or Slim Mempo.
- Dinosaur Bones - rare drop from dinosaur, collect bones and you can meke a huge dinosaur bone specimen (cool deco).
(Dinosaur hunting is fun, I mean it should be. I just killed an allosaur which seems to have 20k HP and loot was a bit disappointing. Well I actually got the tiger set armor piece from it but I want something more).

- Keep in mind that we players will always welcome ridable/tamable dinosaur.

- After the global release of the new expansion, there is going to be a lot of beautiful, creative player houses built with the new stone crafting pieces. Some people do want to show their houses to passersby without having them stepping into their houses. I suggest to add an option for Classic Houses to "Show all the lockdowns to the outside". Custom Houses already have this option with the Papua-style floor tiles, so this option will make things fair for the classic house owners. If the owner of a classic house turns on this option, people can see the whole house with all the lockdowns in it including goza mats, rubble and stone pieces without entering the house. To prevent lag caused by a massive amount of house deta from happening to a passerby, also add an option in player settings "Do not show lockdowns before entering a house". I always like seeing players' houses, but when it's a private keep or castle, I can only see the house with random part of its lockdowns and they look plain weird and ugly especially ones that have extra goza mat floors.

- I say No to the new ninjitsu mastery Shadow. Wrong concept. Why give even more advantage to trammy stealthers in Felucca ? The chances for a stealther to be revealed in Felucca is just fine as is (I acutually play on stealther a lot). VvV thieves, IDOC campers..., they run almost zero risk but still getting a solid chance for points/loots. You should rather give PvP dexxers a few more ways to effectively deal with stealthers in Felucca. (I like VvV mana spikes, but they cost too much and have long cooldown).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
- I say No to the new ninjitsu mastery Shadow. Wrong concept. Why give even more advantage to trammy stealthers in Felucca ? The chances for a stealther to be revealed in Felucca is just fine as is (I acutually play on stealther a lot). VvV thieves, IDOC campers..., they run almost zero risk but still getting a solid chance for points/loots. You should rather give PvP dexxers a few more ways to effectively deal with stealthers in Felucca. (I like VvV mana spikes, but they cost too much and have long cooldown).
Agree 100%

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I doubt there is a big chance of the theme of the ability being changed I would like to point out the function of the ability itself has been hit pretty good with the nerf stick. The mana consumption is very high and the affect has a timer. I tested myself and 40 LMC/19 MR still required 110 meditation to keep up with the mana loss. What this means is it will not be triggered on 24/7 but triggered for a very short duration to escape or get close for a death strike. When they re-hide they won't be able to lead you on an endless chase any more than they do now as the ability will deplete their mana and disappear.

Is it possible someone will create a hybrid template with enough MR and meditation to offset the loss and perpetually run around with little chance of discovery? Absolutely, people do like their annoying templates. They will need to sacrifice things to get that though and are unlikely to be much of a threat. Also it seems the dev team is willing to listen to opinions on this mastery and adjust it when necessary. If it needs adjusting I think they will do it.

Now for my pipe dream...what would be really cool is if this ability allowed greater chance to detect/reveal/track stealthers! You know...Shadow...you are a master of the shadows so people can't hide from you. Just food for thought.