• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 83 on TC1 August 30th, 2013

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion it is a HORRIBLE idea to add soulstones to the cleanup list. currently many soulstones end up in a repository, so if players return and their house has fallen, there is the possibility that skills can be recovered. Most idocers will trash all the soulstones if they can be used for points.

I also dont like the idea of "of exceptional quality" items being turn in points, i feel they are an important link to the past and better to keep them scattered around. Not a huge issue tho like the soulstones.
Another weepy historian *yawns*

Nobody is stopping you from keeping your sentimental old items. Let others do what they want with their items.

Use your soulstones then put them in your bank if you are worried about losing them. Houses fall for good reason. If you want to be part of the community/world pay your bill each month and don't play bs cycle games trying to stockpile houses. And plz spare me the billing issue nonsense. Anyone with half a brain wanting to play can keep an account open.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another weepy historian *yawns*

Nobody is stopping you from keeping your sentimental old items. Let others do what they want with their items.

Use your soulstones then put them in your bank if you are worried about losing them. Houses fall for good reason. If you want to be part of the community/world pay your bill each month and don't play bs cycle games trying to stockpile houses. And plz spare me the billing issue nonsense. Anyone with half a brain wanting to play can keep an account open.
Have you tried paying a bill to EA recently or having the credit card on your account expire? its not exactly as simple as paying an electric bill.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstone Frags should be on the list if soulstones are going to be.

Otis Leroy Funk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you do post a solution, please hide it for those of us who like to do things the hard way *grins*
I do not wish for a step by step walk through. Just some simple details. What kinda template is best if any. Maybe what slayers might be needed. Solo or group. That kinda stuff.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already in the list? The new addition is a pair of warrior style jewels, but the novo bleue set has been in the list for some time.
In other words the mage trinkets came first.
Refinement additions , jewelry, and a new wep special.... all dexxer orientated trinkets was maybe the wrong word.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking very forward to Sep 15th!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trixicle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Have you tried paying a bill to EA recently or having the credit card on your account expire? its not exactly as simple as paying an electric bill.
very true - they need to get people who are not nerds to write the info - its too confusing

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should mention that as I recently had a credit card on file get declined(ran it up hard on vacation lol)and adding a new credit card was a very simple 2 minute process.
And the old declined card is still stored there if I ever want to switch back to it after I pay it down this month.

Navigating the account management site is extremely quick and easy once you realize where to put in your email and how to switch between accounts.

I laugh my ass off at all the people constantly complaining about basic account management/site issues. These same people are setting up,configuring and running 3rd party programs like UOA and Vent and Automap while playing the game and deftly controlling 30+ macros yet they say they cant correctly enter a credit card on a website. One little snag and they just blow up and come here to rant it seems.

I understand that there are ongoing issues with codes but that's a whole different issue then basic credit card management. Even if your bank and EA don't see eye to eye there is always a solution

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never found the site difficult to use, but lately (as per my post and a couple of others) it has indeed been having problems. It was timing out for my friend and me instead of presenting the final page to confirm the subscription renewal.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has Anyone Tested if BANE weapon effectively deliver DIRECT dmg??? or Does the "30% of Max HP" THEN have to get past the targets resist as well? I haven't had time to mess around on TC but they didn't do anything as simple as GIVE us a bane weapon in the bank did they?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should mention that as I recently had a credit card on file get declined(ran it up hard on vacation lol)and adding a new credit card was a very simple 2 minute process.
And the old declined card is still stored there if I ever want to switch back to it after I pay it down this month.

Navigating the account management site is extremely quick and easy once you realize where to put in your email and how to switch between accounts.

I laugh my ass off at all the people constantly complaining about basic account management/site issues. These same people are setting up,configuring and running 3rd party programs like UOA and Vent and Automap while playing the game and deftly controlling 30+ macros yet they say they cant correctly enter a credit card on a website. One little snag and they just blow up and come here to rant it seems.

I understand that there are ongoing issues with codes but that's a whole different issue then basic credit card management. Even if your bank and EA don't see eye to eye there is always a solution
I just know my one account was on auto-renew and then just randomly stopped (card had not expired) Luckily i was active at the time otherwise I wouldnt had realized it. I had my account open and paid for for a year but did not play UO at all that year. The email is from 2003 and never gets checked. Its full of junk. was before i kept clean emails.
The credit card thing can be buggy, but yeah its not set up in a way that "appears" complicated if it works right.
The email... still dont know how to change it.
Goldberg any advice with that one? I would love to have a current email on my account.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has Anyone Tested if BANE weapon effectively deliver DIRECT dmg??? or Does the "30% of Max HP" THEN have to get past the targets resist as well? I haven't had time to mess around on TC but they didn't do anything as simple as GIVE us a bane weapon in the bank did they?
No I expect the Bane weapons drop is from that new boss, and we dont knwo the odds yet

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No new COLLECTIONS ..either...dohhhhhhhhh another wasted oportuinty to get the shards getting involved...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just finished the new quest completely. Took me about an hour to solo the Boss at the end,but I did it! Didnt get anything as far as a drop (Which is good in my opinion, the drops lately from new content have been WAAAAAAAAY too easy)
Oh jeez they just upgraded the Boss, its not soloable anymore hehhe :D

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, Petra, that's when the site is working! Per my thread the other day, selecting an existing card or adding a new card didn't matter, because the AM site still timed out before giving me the confirmation page. And of all the times, it was when a friend was coming back after 8 years.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix
It seems that the new bane property has not been completed:
as usual the description for the properties info on EC is missing... :p

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just logged on some chars on TC that should easily be over 30 days old and did not get any anniv gifts... so nah no pics :(
I guess it's supposed to be a surprise? I had a pre-existing char on TC that didn't get anything either... hmmm... were those new vet titles working? *goes to check*

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage
And may we keep the hero tales on existing shop issues out of this thread?

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get that they want us to TEST how the BANE weapon drop, but honestly I'm not putting in the time and effort to figure out / kill a new beastly boss just to TEST Bane for them. If they made it easy to get BANE weapons just for testing purposes then they might actually get TESTED prior to publish but as it stands now I'm guessing maybe 10 people might even SEE one on TC and without testing what BANE does..... Well I'm expecting it to be broken or buggy.....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I get that they want us to TEST how the BANE weapon drop, but honestly I'm not putting in the time and effort to figure out / kill a new beastly boss just to TEST Bane for them. If they made it easy to get BANE weapons just for testing purposes then they might actually get TESTED prior to publish
Agreed. They should allow you to use a "Give Bane" command on TC which spawns various weapons that have ONLY that property on it so you can imbue what else you want on it.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
More good than bad in there.

Those of you who object to the turn-in list remember that you do not have to turn in anything.

Bane property, sounds good for PvM (a warrior Word of Death) but not so much for PvP.

Also, even in PvM, please remember this much: Anything new you throw in will be stacked on top of what's already there. It's not like Sampires can't use the Bane property (based on that writeup). Or Spellweavers with a mage weapon (again, based on that writeup). Word of Death till out of mana, then hit with your Bane Dagger.

Maybe can you make it like the last-ditch assault special move from Star Wars Galaxies? Toggle-able (rather than random), maybe costing Mana, and does something bad to your defense while you're getting ready for the Big Hit?

Why make the 18th year Veteran Reward title evil?
(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ascendant and here: http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian.)

Why not pick between Ascendant of the Guardian and Ascendant of the Avatar or Ascendant of Virtue?

Granted: I do like very much the way the titles followed the single-player games.

For 7, why not "Traveler of the Black Gate" or "Closer of the Black Gate?" (This would then, in a UO context, potentially be a reference either to the way the Harrower spawns or to the Virtuebane story arc [In the Shadow of Virtue].)

-Galen's player

Also pleas keep in mind that the "MAGE" Word of Death only works when the MONSTER is at 30% health... That there with that bane thing working even if monsters are 100% health will be straight up OP... NPCs with thousands of health will die in a matter of seconds rather then minutes.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That there with that bane thing working even if monsters are 100% health will be straight up OP... NPCs with thousands of health will die in a matter of seconds rather then minutes.

Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%
Will Still don't know if the damage Bane does is DIRECT or has to get through the targets resists... Take the monsters on Covetous level 4 in the Jain cells for instance & with the 95% Resist they typical have that distinction is HUGE.. In PvP... well 45 hp proc or 13.5 lol..... I'd say 13.5 is the only NON-CRAZY number but then all of a sudden the PvM side of it becomes A LOT less appealing... 20,000 hp monsters. 30% = 6,000 Bane damage if the monster is below 50% life and the Bane Mod goes off... or a measly 300 Damage if the monster has 95% Resist heh. Actually Bane shouldn't be DIRECT dmg imo but that would require someone to TEST it for us to figure out if the DEVS are crazy. I don't have enough time to play let alone Test for em..

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe bane and curse wont be a loot property, just an arty property on weapons so bad that most people wont use them for pvm? Most the arty weapons since SA have been weird pseudo pvp weapons.
*Predicts bane property to be on some Gargish Tessen arty*

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Will Still don't know if the damage Bane does is DIRECT or has to get through the targets resists... Take the monsters on Covetous level 4 in the Jain cells for instance & with the 95% Resist they typical have that distinction is HUGE.. In PvP... well 45 hp proc or 13.5 lol..... I'd say 13.5 is the only NON-CRAZY number but then all of a sudden the PvM side of it becomes A LOT less appealing... 20,000 hp monsters. 30% = 6,000 Bane damage if the monster is below 50% life and the Bane Mod goes off... or a measly 300 Damage if the monster has 95% Resist heh. Actually Bane shouldn't be DIRECT dmg imo but that would require someone to TEST it for us to figure out if the DEVS are crazy. I don't have enough time to play let alone Test for em..

Yeah, umm... Below 50%? That just makes even a levl SIX focus with 120 spellweaving word of death look like **** because it doesn' even do jack until the monster is THIRTY PERCENT or LESS... 49% health for that damage to proc is a whole 19% more health, and like you said 6k damage hits... Seriously, can spellweaving get some friggin love here already?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, umm... Below 50%? That just makes even a levl SIX focus with 120 spellweaving word of death look like **** because it doesn' even do jack until the monster is THIRTY PERCENT or LESS... 49% health for that damage to proc is a whole 19% more health, and like you said 6k damage hits... Seriously, can spellweaving get some friggin love here already?
Your asking for Spellweaving buffs without ACTUALLY knowing how BANE works eh?

1) We have no idea how much Dmg Bane will do.
2) We have no idea how frequently BANE will go off...

New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage. Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage.
Not sure about the RED part. It seems to say that BANE will go off when the target is below 50% doing 30% of the targets max hits in dmg, but it confuses that by also saying that damage will increase as targets hp decreases..
3) Bane is a weapon property hence it can only go off if you hit your Target.. so it's not 100% like WoD is.
4) Depending on how you get a BANE weapons they might be useless if you cannot imbue the right mix of mods on them.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also pleas keep in mind that the "MAGE" Word of Death only works when the MONSTER is at 30% health... That there with that bane thing working even if monsters are 100% health will be straight up OP... NPCs with thousands of health will die in a matter of seconds rather then minutes.
If I understand you right, you think that the Bane property will trigger at 100% health.

The documentation we have says:

New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage. Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage.
In other words: No, it won't trigger at 100% health. It's still a questionable (at best) addition, though.

-Galen's player

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, they're gonna keep going with the brittle crap?
As if you're ever going to use it, you will put it in your chest with the other artifacts as a collectable like a lot of other blues.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Vexxed & HP_Zoro_HP

Physical Damage is (like the other "elemental" damage types) subject to a reduction by the targets Physical Resistance. (Whereas Direct Damage is what it sounds like)

And Bleak already told us something about the Max. Bane-PvM-Damage too.

Ahh.. good point about the fact that BLEAK labeled Bane damage as physical which effectively means that it's NOT direct dmg. OK that's good to know. This means that if you have 70 physical Resist and 150 Hp Bane should be dealing about 13.5 Damage? It's basically just another Hit effect, but I know I read that the damage will scale upwards when the Target has lower life so that conflicts with the 30% of Max HP comment also... I just missed the specifc comment on Bane being physical... or read that and didn't process what it really meant.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As if you're ever going to use it, you will put it in your chest with the other artifacts as a collectable like a lot of other blues.
Only if they keep using the the lame brittle,cannot repair ****

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok I felt like running some numbers for the BANE property and tried to figure out ho much damage it would do to Medusa the peerless boss.

Medusa:
50k health
30% of that is 15k
take into account she has at MINIMUM 55 physical resist.
30% of 50k (15k) (with resist so 15,000 x .55 = 8250. So now 15,000 - 8,250 = 6,750)so the amount you would be hitting medusa for is 6,750 health. Is that right or did I do something wrong with the math there?

(Sources: uoguide website)

Now correct me if I am wrong but is that still more damage then what a word of death would do? Especially considering that bane will hit for MORE the lower teh mosnters health gets (from waht I read thats how I Understood it)? A hit dealing 6.7k damage is a pretty big ass smack upside the head. o_O

Now combine that with Enemy of One and Consecrate weapon and wow just wow (ven if it is a proc that's one hell of a proc doing that kind of damage). I would just ilke something to be as equal as far as dishing out the thousand numbers as this BANE proc wil be, something that a caster could make use of I mean. I have sen that melee re gettnig the jewelry with luck on them and I agree they should have that, but as i scrolled through the patch notes I didn't really find anything to benefit a caster class... I found this BANE property which again helps out the melee and maybe rached archer/throwers but no bone thrown to the casters out there.

Last edited:

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As you see, the Bane property is confirmed as currently capped at 900 damage.
I object! Lol, still more damage then what a caster can ever do! Casters are supposed to be cool as ****, blow **** up, shake the very earth, bring down meteors from the sky crashing down on enemies... I mean they are supposed to be "the ****" as far as damage goes... Barbarians or well melee are just well... barbarians lol... god that sounds ****ty sorry to all of you melee out there lol... I just want some love for the casters lol.