• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 83 on TC1 August 30th, 2013

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just finished the new quest completely. Took me about an hour to solo the Boss at the end,but I did it! Didnt get anything as far as a drop (Which is good in my opinion, the drops lately from new content have been WAAAAAAAAY too easy)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just finished the new quest completely. Took me about an hour to solo the Boss at the end,but I did it! Didnt get anything as far as a drop (Which is good in my opinion, the drops lately from new content have been WAAAAAAAAY too easy)
Like a BOSS

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like fun list! Thanks!
Could you also add being able to lock down those fish nets from sos's? Please...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can we set regular books to be worth 5 clean up points while you're adding these? Let's get rid of the Gold Farmers advertising scheme!
You know, I don't know why they don't raise the prices of books. Call it inflation. Books that cost 250K each would not be so abused I don't think.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You know, I don't know why they don't raise the prices of books. Call it inflation. Books that cost 250K each would not be so abused I don't think.
Hmmmm... nah, 250k is nothing to those folks who are script farming it 23/7x3 accounts lol. I think putting an account limit of 2 books a day would kinda take care of it. Of course LLTS would be severely impacted by that too so they would object ;)

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was hoping for new dyes this time around

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hate to ask since it such an awesome surprise but can we double the uses on that fey slayer instrument?
*makes sweet puppy eyes*

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are they removing the age restriction on shard shields? I'm reading it as it does

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard shields aren't changing. Sure, the age restriction might be removed to who may or may not use it (assuming there even was one), but you still have to be a 14 year vet to claim them. Oh, and they are still account bound to the one who claims it :p

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
grats btw =p

Hrmmm, so, I placed the 4 items in the winch assembly, and it says "Ready" on all 4 slots, when the lever is pulled it says "Nothing Happens". Is it bugged, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh soulstones 15k points, not cool..

Ive been keeping the soulstones for years (well, only the Red ones because they dont decay and I can keep em on non decay containers that doesnt take any lockdowns on my houses) and I always wanted the soulstones accesible to returning players. I tried contacting the EMs to find a way to do that and didnt get any interest from them. Then I contacted Airmid (LS news reporter? or something like that, i dont know lol) and she talked with the EMs and they created the LS Soulstone Cemetery. So i gave them about 400-500 soulstones and they placed them.
You can see the pic here, the place is way bigger as you can imagine
SoulstoneGraveyardLS.png
(43 40 N, 47 52 W - Malas facet)

After a while the EMs told us that they werent accepting more soulstones :( sooo.. the project died. The EMs arent even returning the soulstones to their owners, I know a guy that found 6 of his soulstones on this cemetery and you know what he does to use his stones? he use camping next to the stone just so the place is temporarily a safe location then he is able to use his soulstone.

Anyway, the EMs paused this project but the devs definitely killed it for sure.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Okay, so first off, I don't understand why people are getting so sentimental about soulstones. If a person comes back they can buy new soulstones @ $10 per, and the people who quit and had a lot of them probably cheated and stole codes from work or friends in the first place.
Now when that may be true on normal shards, it's very different on Siege, where players only have one char slot and use soulstones for alternative templates and for them to come back and have lost most of their skille, it really hurts.

Sometimes RL issues do, that they can't get back ingame and can't pay their account.

I rather saw, soulstones with skills and/or name on, go to a players bankbox, when a house decay.

We very often have players who comes back and is very happy to see, someone saved their soulstones.

Where normal shards most may be using them to move skills between chars, Siege is using them to storage of skills.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This i have been waiting on for 15 years.

You are now able to save macros using the number pad on non US keyboards

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading this publish notes, Bonnie, you and the team make me happy!
So much fun coming in

Folks, as mentioned in the headline, Publish 83 is active on TC1 and ready to be tested. Go for it!

The following screenshot shows the 4 new items available by the CleanUp Britannia System:

UO 2013_09_04 TC1 Publish 83 4 neue CleanUp-Belohnungen.jpg

•Refinement Amalgamator (as described in the notes. Costs: 10000 points)
•Nature’s Tears (Random Fey Slayer music instrument, 250 charges, 20000 points)
and the jewelry set (150000 points each part)
•Lune Rouge (ring: 150 Luck, Hit Chance Increase 10%, Damage Increase 20%)
•Soleil Rouge (bracelet: 150 Luck, Hit Chance Increase 10%, Damage Increase 20%)
Set Bonus: Luck +100, Hit Chance Increase +10, Damage Increase +20, Swing Speed Increase +10, Hit Point Regeneration +2, Stamina Regeneration +3.

All rewards are pretty worth to spend points for, in my eyes.
On the amount of points for the Refinement Amalgamator i am unsure. Dont make 10000 points it a rarly used item with high level refinements only? Because amalgamating 120*"type" of Defense to 1 "type" of Fortification needs 3*4*5 Refinement Amalgamators means 600000 points?

Oh and i would be relieved alot, if you Devs would be so nice to put on the cleanup turn in list too:

Mininova Fireworks Wand (100 charges, from new created chars bank box)
A Fireworks Wand (500 charges, dunno where i got them all)

Since there are all 18 CleanUp Colors on TC1 available, i would like to see them displayed "in action" on a reference page to refer to.
However there is http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/spring-cleaning-2011-clean-up-rewards/clean-up-pigments. May the author or you Petra add the latest two pigments released with publish 82, Dark Void and Liquid Sunshine, please?

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I dont realy understand the Problem with the soulstones some of you have...
It's pretty easy - if you dont want to turn them in for Points, Keep em?
I mean nobody is forced to trash them...

That's the freedom of the game - just do what you want ;-)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now when that may be true on normal shards, it's very different on Siege, where players only have one char slot and use soulstones for alternative templates and for them to come back and have lost most of their skille, it really hurts.

Sometimes RL issues do, that they can't get back ingame and can't pay their account.

I rather saw, soulstones with skills and/or name on, go to a players bankbox, when a house decay.

We very often have players who comes back and is very happy to see, someone saved their soulstones.

Where normal shards most may be using them to move skills between chars, Siege is using them to storage of skills.
Yes, it will hurt Siege a good deal, the way people are going to be forced to turn in soul stones.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell us more about this quest, especially from a plot perspective.

-Galen's player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since there are all 18 CleanUp Colors on TC1 available, i would like to see them displayed "in action" on a reference page to refer to.
However there is http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/spring-cleaning-2011-clean-up-rewards/clean-up-pigments . May the author or you Petra add the latest two pigments released with publish 82, Dark Void and Liquid Sunshine, please?
hi, I just took a look at the list and there appear to be 4 we don't have listed. I'll address that asap.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Refinement Amalgamator don't seem to have charges, so i think buying one is enough to work on all refinements.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont realy understand the Problem with the soulstones some of you have...
It's pretty easy - if you dont want to turn them in for Points, Keep em?
I mean nobody is forced to trash them...

That's the freedom of the game - just do what you want ;-)
Because if they are worth points, they wont be left on the ground for someone to eventually pick to store. I dont really see the problem with soulstones not being on the list, not like luna is littered with them.
Its of course not the actual stone, but the skill on them that matters.
Perhaps only empty soulstones or ones with less than GM skill could be trashable.
Also not a huge deal if they do become points. It simply turns a nice little community aspect of the game into the same old greed and gold which is commonplace now. Kind of like the walmart replacing a mom and pop store.
Will it cost players, a few most likely but not alot. Will it remove yet another community aspect of them game. Yes.

Last edited:

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the publish looks pretty damn fine to me,

one word about soul stones.. :D as people say if you care about your stuff when you leave put it in your bank box,

i lost everything a few years back including soul stones in my house before you could turn them in.. have i been able to get them back?? no, so agreed let the idocers bin them

also i agree DJAd, shame no mention about vendor search, this is something im really looking forward too, will hopefully make pricing easier and also like myself in a non high traffic area be able to sell items viably

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lots of dexxer additions where are the trinkets for mages and tamers??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lots of dexxer additions where are the trinkets for mages and tamers??
Already in the list? The new addition is a pair of warrior style jewels, but the novo bleue set has been in the list for some time.
In other words the mage trinkets came first.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
**SPOILER** **SPOILER**
The last part of the quest is bugged the boss should summun when I double click the lever since I put all 4 ingredients in the Winch Assembly but : ''Nothing Happens'' My Guess is since Promathia KIlled it already it did not reset properly or something, it need a fix its lame after all this long quest to not be able to kill that damn boss

newquest.jpg

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
**SPOILER** **SPOILER**
The last part of the quest is bugged the boss should summun when I double click the lever since I put all 4 ingredients in the Winch Assembly but : ''Nothing Happens'' My Guess is since Promathia KIlled it already it did not reset properly or something, it need a fix its lame after all this long quest to not be able to kill that damn boss

View attachment 16565
Thanks for the report, got a bug in for it and will see it fixed.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Unlocked at 18 years: Ascendant of the Guardian
Personally, I find this to be the most important part of the entire publish. The fact that they're creating something to be unlocked at 18 years indicates that they believe the game will be around at the 18 year mark for someone to unlock it. Whether such a thing is actually realized is irrelevant - its the vote of confidence here that is meaningful.

Otis Leroy Funk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
**SPOILER** **SPOILER**

View attachment 16565
Can we get more info on the steps in this new quest from someone that has done it? Would help speed up my day at work for sure!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Citizens may now donate items directly to the City Heralds, Governors can access those donations by using the City Stones."

Items? Item donations were for town loyalty, and there's no way the Governors can get at those, surely? Does this mean they will be able to use donated materials towards town 'improvements? Hope there's no chance of them just taking and re-using things donated for loyalty by other people, that has all sorts of bad potential....

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pm if you need help with the quest
and thanks Kyronix for fixing the summun encounter bug, I just killed the boss, no drop tho, pretty easy hopfullythe drop is similar to Slither, will do it again later after lunch to see if its fixed for good

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Citizens may now donate items directly to the City Heralds, Governors can access those donations by using the City Stones."

Items? Item donations were for town loyalty, and there's no way the Governors can get at those, surely? Does this mean they will be able to use donated materials towards town 'improvements? Hope there's no chance of them just taking and re-using things donated for loyalty by other people, that has all sorts of bad potential....
There are two ways to "donate" to a town. The way that you can currently donate is directly tied to one of the means by which you can gain city loyalty, those are handled by the "Trade Ministers" found throughout the loyalty cities at major shipping hubs (docks/stables).

The heralds themselves (the NPCs next to the City Stones) will now accept whatever you give them...whether it be a resource or a sword or whatever. This was one of the items requested for functionality by the Governors so they could accept supplies and then redistribute them to Citizens as they see fit.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The heralds themselves (the NPCs next to the City Stones) will now accept whatever you give them...whether it be a resource or a sword or whatever. This was one of the items requested for functionality by the Governors so they could accept supplies and then redistribute them to Citizens as they see fit.
Interesting .... so they have a capacity, similar to a bankbox?