• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 83 on TC1 August 30th, 2013

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I object! Lol, still more damage then what a caster can ever do! Casters are supposed to be cool as ****, blow **** up, shake the very earth, bring down meteors from the sky crashing down on enemies...
:lol:

I hear ya there. I mean the recent thread where the Spellweaver is hitting WoD for over 2,000 hp's barely make the ground shake o_O

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bane property, says...

Patch Notes
2013 Aug 30 18:13 GMT
Publish 83.0.0

Misc Changes:

• New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage. Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage.

Continue reading...
It's not likely you will be doing 30% of the targets max hp every hit, there is a proc chance on the "Bane" property, according to the publish notes.

I do have a question, since the damage is labeled as "Physical" would (RPD) Reflect Physical Damage work against this? It doesn't work against Bombard, or Earthquake, or anything that does Chaos damage.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So as long as I get my chars made before Sept 15th I will get my anniversary bag, correct?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So as long as I get my chars made before Sept 15th I will get my anniversary bag, correct?

"Ultima Online’s 16th anniversary gift bag will be delivered between midnight Monday, September 15th, 2013 and midnight October 14th, 2013. Characters need to be 30 days or older to receive the gift bag which contains"

So I'd make them fast if you can, even if they are just 'holding' characters you can transfer stuff off and delete later, if you wait until 15th to make you will be looking at getting the items when the char hits 30 days.... cutting it a bit tight, if you end up being away for a day or two around 13/14 October you may miss out...

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet, thanks for the info.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for finally adding my carnivorous plant trash can idea to the game! (See botany forum).

Can you confirm that it will be a talking plant? And have you added my idea that we can feed it chicken lizards and other unfortunate small creatures?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice!

Saw a fey slayer instrument on the clean-up reward list too. :D

250 charges at the cost of 20k points. I don't think if you dry looted an Oaks spawn from start to finnish would a trash can replace the instrument. Would of been nice if the fey slayer was also added to the random monster loot generation. Would of killed two birds when the ToT returns and the flutes of renewal spawning.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleanup Britannia Update

Based on player feedback we have added four new cleanup Britannia rewards. These items include the Refinement Amalgamator, Nature’s Tears, Lune Rouge and Soleil Rouge. We have also added back all of the old dyes.
We have also added many items to the cleanup turn in list:
Guess this works if the refinements are in their raw form. If they are modified already then your still stuck with making the choice to try filling the trash barrel.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleanup Britannia Update

Based on player feedback we have added four new cleanup Britannia rewards. These items include the Refinement Amalgamator, Nature’s Tears, Lune Rouge and Soleil Rouge. We have also added back all of the old dyes.
We have also added many items to the cleanup turn in list:
Guess this works if the refinements are in their raw form. If they are modified already then your still stuck with making the choice to try filling the trash barrel.

I'm keeping the high ones in modified form. Everything i had no use for and been tossed out. But now i can build the raw ones to invurnable to finish all my suits to all 75 resist.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I felt like running some numbers for the BANE property and tried to figure out ho much damage it would do to Medusa the peerless boss.

Medusa:
50k health
30% of that is 15k
take into account she has at MINIMUM 55 physical resist.
30% of 50k (15k) (with resist so 15,000 x .55 = 8250. So now 15,000 - 8,250 = 6,750)so the amount you would be hitting medusa for is 6,750 health. Is that right or did I do something wrong with the math there?

(Sources: uoguide website)

Now correct me if I am wrong but is that still more damage then what a word of death would do? Especially considering that bane will hit for MORE the lower teh mosnters health gets (from waht I read thats how I Understood it)? A hit dealing 6.7k damage is a pretty big ass smack upside the head. o_O

Now combine that with Enemy of One and Consecrate weapon and wow just wow (ven if it is a proc that's one hell of a proc doing that kind of damage). I would just ilke something to be as equal as far as dishing out the thousand numbers as this BANE proc wil be, something that a caster could make use of I mean. I have sen that melee re gettnig the jewelry with luck on them and I agree they should have that, but as i scrolled through the patch notes I didn't really find anything to benefit a caster class... I found this BANE property which again helps out the melee and maybe rached archer/throwers but no bone thrown to the casters out there.
1) Your math sucks and you completely ignored the fact that Bleak already stated the cap

2) Ignoring your bad math and lack of reading comprehension skills you basically stated that you have no problem at all with a melee warrior "hitting medusa for is 6,750 health" so long as your caster could do the same.
Because you want a "bone thrown" to casters.

Very nice bud. You have no problem at all with a character doing a "A hit dealing 6.7k damage" so long as your caster can do the same?
It's so refreshing to see another player only looking out for the general good of the game and not just his specific templates.

*shakes head*

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One small quibble, once a refinement is in the amalgamater, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it again before completion; in this it's like the Scrolls of Binding... but unlike the Scrolls however the amalgamater itself is pretty expensive, 10000 Clean Up Points each, so if like me you have a chest of 90 or Refinements from MIBs and Treasure Chests, you'll need around 20 or so of them to start combining the huge variety of refinements. Fortunately I had a lot of points from generous gifting from an IDOC friend so I was able to buy that many, but some of you will struggle.

And it's still a horrible, ghastly system, but at least I vaguely understand where in the mess of information the value is now... it seems I actually had looted 2, 3 top end items (Invulnerability) without realising it because of the horrible confusion of types and subsets. Good job I didn't just bin the lot then. However ... whilst you'll save on lockdowns, any amalgamater with a refinement in looks identical except on mouse over, so you just get rows of fire-yellow blobs to sort through now. A slight colour change for the material within in them would be helpful... personally I've sorted into boxes for strength (Defence, Hardening etc) so colour hues for Armour target type (Woodland, Stone) etc would be my suggestion, but apply a band of it to the original refinement too so people learn to associate product with process.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for finally adding my carnivorous plant trash can idea to the game! (See botany forum).

Can you confirm that it will be a talking plant? And have you added my idea that we can feed it chicken lizards and other unfortunate small creatures?
Calling it Audrey as well?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yay... nets from SOS lock now!

BOO! the trash can ate my 300th anniversary bag & gave no points... :(

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I edit post now? :( This is to Adol, how exactly do you use that basket to combine refinements? I would be so grateful for a detailed explanation of what to. I thought one basket would do, no?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I edit post now? :( This is to Adol, how exactly do you use that basket to combine refinements? I would be so grateful for a detailed explanation of what to. I thought one basket would do, no?
1.) Buy the basket
2.) Make sure the basket and the refinements are in your backpack
3.) Double click the basket
4.) Target the refinememt
5.) At this point, it's locked to that type of refinement, you can only add the same type in now; that is both Level and Armour Type
6.) Complete the number of refinements to get to the next level. It's 2x, 3x, 4x to get up to the final level, Invulnerable
7.) When the basket gets to 2/2, 3/3, 4/4 it spawns a single version of the next level in your backpack
8.) The basket can now be used again

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when the targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage inflicted. Bane has the potential to damage the target for up to 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage. This damage cannot exceed 350 physical damage."

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-83-to-origin-and-izumo.304477/

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Adol! I have so many of those refinements, unstackable... what a shock...
I wish they had removed armor type. :(

Little more bubble busting. Refinement Amalgamator is what it is called on the turn in points list. Looks like a basket full of water. Have to cycle through to items costing 10k points. Has one use, to combine two refinement to one of higher level. There added the comma. Was more about pure refinement use and if the refinement has been modified,,,,,,,,,your stuck with the wax,pollish,varnish,or whatnot.

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little more bubble busting. Refinement Amalgamator is what it is called on the turn in points list. Looks like a basket full of water. Have to cycle through to items costing 10k points. Has one use to combine two refinement to one of higher level.

Thats wrong information. It has unlmited uses. The only thing you need to do is finish a combination to reuse it.

• 2 “Type” of Defense required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Protection.
• 3 “Type” of Protection required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Hardening.
• 4 “Type” of Hardening required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Fortification.
• 5 “Type” of Fortification required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Invulnerability.

Before i combine them i make sure i have enough of a type.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats wrong information. It has unlmited uses. The only thing you need to do is finish a combination to reuse it.

• 2 “Type” of Defense required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Protection.
• 3 “Type” of Protection required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Hardening.
• 4 “Type” of Hardening required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Fortification.
• 5 “Type” of Fortification required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Invulnerability.

Before i combine them i make sure i have enough of a type.
Yes, Frarc is correct, but just to clear up any confusion, once the basket has finished combining, it can be re-used again for any other type/level; but once one is in there, that does have to be completed.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Devs, can you make refinement almagamators work when locked down please? I have 24 of them on my keep roof.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Devs, can you make refinement almagamators work when locked down please? I have 24 of them on my keep roof.

One of those all in back pack use deals. don't forget security option added also. Keeps the dishonest players from snagging others deco use of refinements or almagamators. Grid container sorting for the win. One almagamator takes up less locks.

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For what I have seen on the posts, there is a lot of people upset about the soulstone been a turn in for the cleanup points. In my opinion, the soulstones that are found on IDOCS and other places thrown to the ground should become bound to the finders account rather than deleted from the game.........

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
• You are now able to save macros using the number pad on non US keyboards
This is still not working ... why did I even have my hopes up with the current dev team. When I log out the macros are gone as always.