• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know how looting rights will be affected when a monster stops flagging to your tamer, as I noticed happened a few times tonight on Origin when there were multiple monsters hitting my pet and it was taking him too long to dispatch something because it was killing another monster.

I'd also like to know what happens to looting rights if a monster flags to your tamer because it is hitting your pet and damaging the pet and you have healed the pet; however your pet never has a chance to damage that flagged monster before something/someone else kills it. Will the fact that the mob was flagged to my tamer affect the actual killer's looting rights?

Also, what is the effect on looting rights when the monster never flags at all on my tamer, even though the tamer has been healing damage to the pet either with bandages or with healing spells? I found several monsters that never flagged at all, no matter how many of them the pet killed, even if I really dragged out the killing process and made sure the pet was taking more damage than usual.

All these questions also apply to situations where one character is healing another character that is killing monsters.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you after some testing that monsters don't turn that often to a healer that fast and as often as you might think.

The healer will have to stay alert and have a invis ready or have to run away a bit . But it will also be the task of the warriors to keep a eye on their healers to keep them safe. Its called team work. :)
How does a warrior keep an eye on a healer and keep them safe? UO has no enmity system. One can not simply "manage" aggro in UO.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I found my post from the first night the components were available on TC (February 23) and my comments about how they didn't stack even then: http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-updated-publish-81-on-tc1.295073/page-2#post-2241875 .

Interesting.

The changes to the insurance occurred on the March 9th Update to the TC:
  • Armor refinements and components are insurable.
http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-updated-publish-81-on-tc1.295967/

That is when I noticed a change. Digging through all these posts, and having to use Google, uoguide, and whats left of Stratics search after the migration is a headache. However, you also made this following point:

I have a feeling that the people who don't want them to be insurable just want to have the thieves do the stealing and then they'll call guards and collect the components from the thieves' corpses. Might kind of kill off the collection efforts by some people, but who knows anymore.
I do not think that this would be the case. I use my thief multiple times a day and usually only get guard whacked once, maybe twice during an entire rotation of shops, and usually at the same shops. I never take the time to insure what is on me, there are plenty of banks for me to run to in the cities to bank my valuable ones.

Regardless though it needs changed.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
found a bug with the new healing stuff.
went out with a guild mate on Origin.
he was hitting, i was healing.
first bandaid, Mob aggroed onto me, i was behind my guildmate, the MOb kept hitting guildmate, but my guildmate stopped hitting the Mob (but he hadnt toggled out of war or anything) so he had to keep dd clicking the Mob the whole time to keep reattacking it because i was healing him.

2nd mob, i attacked he healed me.
it worked fine.
i had no problems.

3rd Mob was him again, this one worked fine.

4th Mob, back to glitch, he aggroed to me and he auto lost agro to it.
so he had to keep reattacking it while i was healing him.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
little update on this healing.

we tried a couple things.
we warriors we had a lot of problems.
we used healing with aids and healing with spells.
both flagged the healer to the Mob.
but..... most of the time all it did was turn the Mob grey to the healer for a couple seconds then go away.
but the warrior was continually loosing target on the monster he was fighting.

its almost as if when it agro'd on the healer for the second it was like a area peace and it stopped everything around it.
then he would dd click it again and it would loose agro on the healer and go back to him.

a lot of the time if there where other agro mosters around i wouldnt even see the stuff he was fighting agro onto me, but he was constantly complaining that he was loosing flag on them.

towards the end (we where fighting demons) i was standing right on top of the demons, they would turn grey to me, but nothing would happen, so i would just continue to heal and nothing really changed.

never got hit once.

now, for taming it was a little strange.
some monsters this seemed to work, some didnt.
dragons, nothing.
greater dragons, nothing.
rune beetles, nothing.
kaze, agro on healer.
ninja, agro on healer.
hiryu, nothing.
Ancient Wyrms, agro on healer.... sometimes.
that was with both spells and bandaids.
the Kaze things where instant, if you dropped a heal spell on a pet they where instant grey to ya!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so as any pricing been leaked yet.....still gunning for 2.99 tops...per account upgrade...anymore and EA will be asking for trouble....better to take a little of all players.... than none at all....[whatever]

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the kind of response that makes people uninclined to participate in discussions here.
And this is the kind of responds given when they fail to understand and accept other people opinion.

Its about time monster get smarter and instead just let them lead to the slaughterhouse. If i would fight a group of people geuss what i would target first? The healer!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Some people will be thrilled with the new house rules for SP and Mungin, but all that is going to accomplish is allowing some SP players to close out extra accounts or have an extra house on a regular shard. I don't see this as a way to increase the population there.
Hmm I'm a Siege player, I have 6 accounts, 6 chars and 6 houss on Siege. I sure won't close any of this account. Now, will I place a house on a Prodo shard, I doubt it, I don't feel like playing there anyway. I left when Siege was born. Siege is my only shard, only shard I enjoy playing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by the way, months ago when they presented the cello and trumpet I thought they will be new bard instruments and not another piece of deco that makes noise at home :|

Last edited:
T

Tazar

by the way, months ago when they presented the cello and trumpet I thought they will be new bard instruments and not another piece of deco that makes noise at home :|
The trumpet I can see a player carrying and using as a battle-cry... but the cello's a bit big to be carrying around while playing in the middle of a battle.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trumpet I can see a player carrying and using as a battle-cry... but the cello's a bit big to be carrying around while playing in the middle of a battle.
there is the lap harp... XD
by the way why not the piano? :D

Ok, no but seriously... the cow bell? o_O

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so as any pricing been leaked yet.....still gunning for 2.99 tops...per account upgrade...anymore and EA will be asking for trouble....better to take a little of all players.... than none at all....[whatever]
I am hoping they will bundle all 3 Theme packs for a decent price. I still have 2 accounts that do
not have Gothic and Rustic but not going to pay 40.00 bucks. 9.99 is just way to high for what
we get. Now if they add extra storage for the "Refinements" and/or another char slot, I would
definitely fork out 20.00 for all 3.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I rather thought some of the same things but I honestly don't see anyone carrying a Cello into battle.... hehe You'd need a chair too! Trumpet yes... that would be nice... Cowbell.... NO I can't see lulling a mob with a cowbell.... Maybe if you were trying to provo it.... perhaps but lulling it with a lullaby using a cowbell???? NO.... just NO.

Now the Standing harp needs a makeover... to put it in line beauty wise with the Cello and Trumpet.... I'm thinking "An Exquisite Standing Harp"...... Something far more elegant than what we have. You know the ones trimmed in gold with the figure of a female on them perhaps??? Just a suggestion....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather thought some of the same things but I honestly don't see anyone carrying a Cello into battle.... hehe You'd need a chair too! Trumpet yes... that would be nice... Cowbell.... NO I can't see lulling a mob with a cowbell.... Maybe if you were trying to provo it.... perhaps but lulling it with a lullaby using a cowbell???? NO.... just NO.

Now the Standing harp needs a makeover... to put it in line beauty wise with the Cello and Trumpet.... I'm thinking "An Exquisite Standing Harp"...... Something far more elegant than what we have. You know the ones trimmed in gold with the figure of a female on them perhaps??? Just a suggestion....

yes, because everyone like to play the cowbell at home when you have guests :D

the standing harp in real is this:

so you can go around with that big thing, but not the cello or the piano? :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
little update on this healing.

we tried a couple things.
we warriors we had a lot of problems.
we used healing with aids and healing with spells.
both flagged the healer to the Mob.
but..... most of the time all it did was turn the Mob grey to the healer for a couple seconds then go away.
but the warrior was continually loosing target on the monster he was fighting.

its almost as if when it agro'd on the healer for the second it was like a area peace and it stopped everything around it.
then he would dd click it again and it would loose agro on the healer and go back to him.

a lot of the time if there where other agro mosters around i wouldnt even see the stuff he was fighting agro onto me, but he was constantly complaining that he was loosing flag on them.
It would be nice to get confirmation from Kyronix or Bleak regarding whether it is intentional for the warrior to keep loosing flag on monsters while being healed by another character. I wonder if pets will be doing the same thing when being healed.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not? I have played since Beta, started on my dad's account. Got my account in 2000. I'm all for newer people having 720 skill points. At first it was a great thing, a good advantage really, but after almost 16 years, lets even the playing field for new players. Yes there are still new players! I mean what can it hurt really? They still need to learn how to play the skills, its not like they are magically going to have the ability to do what vets do in terms of tactics of the game just because they have those 20 points.
Mmmmmeeee thinks the next upgrade will have a skill cap total of 750 for 10+ year old accounts. LOL

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to get confirmation from Kyronix or Bleak regarding whether it is intentional for the warrior to keep loosing flag on monsters while being healed by another character. I wonder if pets will be doing the same thing when being healed.
This is obviously a message from that we're supposed to play solo and not attempt to group up.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game

 Fire Painting (Will generate a random .1 Scrolls of Transcendence once per week)

What are the chances that this can be changed to officially say:

• Fire Painting (Will generate a random .1-1.0 Scroll of Transcendence once per week)
I don't think it always needs to be a 0.5 or 1.0 like others have suggested, however I think that if this item will be introduced, that it needs to have a random generator for the point value also within a range of 0.1-1.0.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are the chances that this can be changed to officially say:

• Fire Painting (Will generate a random .1-1.0 Scroll of Transcendence once per week)
I don't think it always needs to be a 0.5 or 1.0 like others have suggested, however I think that if this item will be introduced, that it needs to have a random generator for the point value also within a range of 0.1-1.0.
I like that as well... I mean certainly more often than not you get stupid ones anyway for things like "Taste ID", "Focus", and such.... so really I don't think that upping it to a random .1 to 1.0 is going to make it "bad". But getting nothing but .1's kinda stinks... I mean I get a .1 every day... pretty much. It's called the GGS...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then a 30% barding bonus? :) I'm not really suggesting that, but a lot of the game does require suspension of disbelief. My character has some sort of backpack able to hold 400 stones of huge items, and it's not so unwieldy and bulky that it affects my combat against monsters or players.

Trumpets for provocation bard mastery, a violin for peacemaking...and bagpipes for discord!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Then a 30% barding bonus? :) I'm not really suggesting that, but a lot of the game does require suspension of disbelief. My character has some sort of backpack able to hold 400 stones of huge items, and it's not so unwieldy and bulky that it affects my combat against monsters or players.

Trumpets for provocation bard mastery, a violin for peacemaking...and bagpipes for discord!
Yea and after you peace them with your cello you can use your human strength to pick it up and swing it at them!!!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being designated healer isn't an easy job when you're in charge of healing a group, and to have monsters auto-aggro on you because you are healing defeats the purpose of having a designated healer. A healers armor and equipped items are different than a tanks. I really hope this change goes no further than test center.
Maybe it's just half of the deal. If they now also put in some aggressiveness/threat mechanics, a tank just has to build up/maintain a higher level of aggression/threat than a healer. Also this would make the life of a healer easier, if dps chars would stay below the tank with their aggression/threat.
The game could benefit from this change.
I wouldn't bother, if they get rid of the current semi-random mob agression UI...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is obviously a message from that we're supposed to play solo and not attempt to group up.
I think you are right. It is a real shame that our dev team seems so utterly oblivious at how to promote group play without doing it at the expense of solo play.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we waited all this time for pub 82 and we get King's collection (which we have to pay for) add a house on siege and a few bug fixes? It's been how long since pub 81 and this is all we get? I know certain members on the dev team work a lot probably to much but even if you have a team of 5 people this is all we can muster for 2-3 months wait? 2 months of working for 1 team member is roughly 400 hours (5 days a weeks X 8 hrs a day) of working. What can "you" accomplish in 400 hours? Crack the whip and raise that focus to 120 and let's look forward to a mind blowing pub 83!!!!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crack the whip and raise that focus to 120 and let's look forward to a mind blowing pub 83!!!!!
/me really, really hopes for the vendor search they keep teasing us with. Then once that's all finished how about the high-res artwork?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Maybe it's just half of the deal. If they now also put in some aggressiveness/threat mechanics, a tank just has to build up/maintain a higher level of aggression/threat than a healer. Also this would make the life of a healer easier, if dps chars would stay below the tank with their aggression/threat.
The game could benefit from this change.
I wouldn't bother, if they get rid of the current semi-random mob agression UI...
But UO doesn't have any sort of damage focus for aggro. UO has never worked that way.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But UO doesn't have any sort of damage focus for aggro. UO has never worked that way.
But UO doesn't have any sort of control slots. UO has never worked that way. Well, not until Pub 16...
But UO doesn't have any sort of item properties. UO has never worked that way. Well, not until AoS...
I think, you know, where I'm getting at.

Nevertheless, I wasn't the first by far to bring up words like tank or healer. They're used all across this board. At least such a new mechanic would give these words a lot more of strategic and tactical meaning. And combat with a group wouldn't be as chaotic as now...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yup. For what I have seen, most mobs got through an aggro check and simply flag the nearest aggressor. To lose aggro you have to invis or not be the nearest agressor on the next aggro check.

I'd like to know the logic behind this change. Was it the devs opinion that too many folks were multi account botting tougher mobs? Did they think tamers had it too easy watching their dragons slowly chip away at massive hit point mega resist mobs with a 1% (or less) drop rate? I'm just trying to get a feel for the general direction we are headed where extremely limited resources like the art team (guy) spent a couple pub cycles building assests to sell us while the remaining devs thought their time would be well spent adding annoying game mechanics instead of building on the massive diversity of systems already in game.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I have more or less given up on the game I'd be willing to support it if this or other expansions gave content that you could actually play with be it revamped dungeons, quests or something close to that. This does not and sadly will not be purchased like the mag vendor upgrade, which was a great idea but 5 years to late. Bummer.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question hopefully a dev can/will answer.

Will there also be a separate token we can buy to get more items form the Kings Collection (similar to the way you can buy garden beds separate form the booster), or will they only be available from the booster itself. Im asking because there are items I would like to get multiples of, and do not see the point in buying multiple boosters since part of the booster pricing is making your account eligible for the items/craftables.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New pigments: Liquid Sunshine: a polished yellow-gold Screnshots: 1) Legacy Client (Backpack, compared to: Tokuno's Fire Orange and Paragon Gold to Liquid Sunshine) 2) Enhanced Client Dark Void: this black soaks up even the light Screenshots: 3) Legacy Client. Backpack: compared to shadow dancer black and other arties' black 4) Enhanced Client

Attachments

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The cowbell is usually on the end of a chain rapped around the cows neck. Flailing the bell overhead in huge circles is how it is used in a fight. The bell smacking you opponent in the head has a calming effect. Catch your opponent in the back of the head with the bell and they will think the target behind them done it. Spinning the bell vertically and catching them under the chin will make them an easier target to other skills.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cowbell is usually on the end of a chain rapped around the cows neck. Flailing the bell overhead in huge circles is how it is used in a fight. The bell smacking you opponent in the head has a calming effect. Catch your opponent in the back of the head with the bell and they will think the target behind them done it. Spinning the bell vertically and catching them under the chin will make them an easier target to other skills.
I could see the cello or giant bell giving a bonus to barding of some kind when dbl clicked, like +5 to music or one of the barding skills for an hour or 2

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in music circles we have cow bells in rock bands... I remember my husbands drummer had 2 different sounding ones set up with his cymbals. You hear them in lot of older rock songs...
As for this new xpac... need something cleared up...
You get all of that stuff or is it a single choice of that group?
If 1 of each... and skills to make stuff only on the account you load it on to... can any account use the items from both the crafter made list and the xpac gift set?
Oh and someone explain what is up with this I am reading about agro for healing... I kind of got lost mid way......

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can any account use the items from both the crafter made list and the xpac gift set?
Any of the craftable items are usable by anyone, you will need to purchase the theme pack to actually craft them, however.
Keep in mind though, I asked Kyronix if this is actually the case as Rustic and Gothic Theme Pack craftables CANNOT be used by anyone so this here would be a 180 from previous booster/content packs and am still awaiting a final response on that topic.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind though, I asked Kyronix if this is actually the case as Rustic and Gothic Theme Pack craftables CANNOT be used by anyone so this here would be a 180 from previous booster/content packs and am still awaiting a final response on that topic.
It's as I said previously, anyone can use the items you get as a result of crafting from the Collection.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kyronix... I have to know... the Shelves are they deeded or like the wooden bench?

Please tell me they are more like a wooden bench and I can place 3 or 4 or 5 of them on the wall in the same space... like rows of shelves.... not a deeded item where I can only have one thing there. Not really useful that way. It's more useful if I can place a bunch of them and raise them up and down...

And why is it these things look nice and sharp in the 2d client but look like SMEG in the EC? All blurry and out of focus?? One would think that when you all are making "new" stuff you'd make it using the high rez from the beginning not after...

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's as I said previously, anyone can use the items you get as a result of crafting from the Collection.
Thank you :) I just wanted super clarification since as I said the Gothic/Rustic Theme packs do not function in this way.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you :) I just wanted super clarification since as I said the Gothic/Rustic Theme packs do not function in this way.

The Rustic and Gothic theme pack "craftables" listed below CAN be used by any account, although they can only be made by a character on an account that has been upgraded with the appropriate theme pack:

• Ritual Table (Gothic theme pack)
  • Gargoyle Statues (Gothic theme pack)
  • Rustic Bench (Rustic theme pack)
  • Topiaries (Rustic theme pack)
The craftables which require an account to be upgraded with either the Gothic or the Rustic theme pack in order to place and use them as a house owner or co-owner are the Distillery and the Advanced Training Dummy. The deeds for these two items actually say right on them that you need to have the appropriate theme pack. The deeds for the Ritual Table and Rustic Bench and the Gargoyle Statues and Topiaries items don't have that kind of message on them.

gothic theme pack requirement.jpg other rustic gothic theme pack items.jpg

Last edited: