• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2013 Jun 19 20:06 GMT

Publish 82.0.0

Publish 82 is being published on TC1 today, it will be on Origin and Izumo on Thursday/Friday during their maintenance. The publish will go live on Monday June 24th during morning maintenance.

King’s Collection Theme Pack

• The King’s Collection theme pack will be available for purchase from the Origin store on Monday, June 24th, 2013.
• The King’s Collection provides an entitlement code to be applied to your account and also a code to redeem a token to claim in game items.
• Your account must have the King’s Collection entitlement to use the King’s Collection token to claim in game items
• The collection includes both items available for direct delivery as well as new craftables.
• Items available for direct delivery can only be placed by accounts that have the King’s Collection entitlement.
• Direct delivery items are delivered in a new specialty case to the player’s bank box when the token is used and includes:
 Dragon Lantern Lamp
 Tall Lamp
 Barrel Sponge (Will generate random specialty potions 35/week)
 Alchemist Bookcase
 Fire Painting (Will generate a random .1 Scrolls of Transcendence once per week)
 Ship Painting(Will generate large powder charges 42/week)
 Horse Painting
 Castle Painting
 Cactus Sponge
 Shelf Sponge
 Fluffy Sponge
 Koi Lamp
 Bird Lamp
 Bull Tapestry
 Monastery Bell (Plays a sound when double clicked)
 Embroidered Tapestry
 15th Anniversary Lithograph
 Marble Table
 Golden Table
 Ornate Bed
 Four Post Bed
• The collection will also allow crafters with the correct entitlement to create the following items that anyone can use.
• Carpentry Craft able Items
 Plain Wooden Shelf
 Fancy Wood Shelf
 Fancy Loveseat
 Fancy Couch
 Plush Loveseat
 Plant Tapestry
 Metal Table
 Long Metal Table
 Wooden table
 Long Wooden Table
 Cello (Plays a sound when double clicked)
 Wall Mounted Bell (plays a sound when double clicked)
 Trumpet (plays a sound when double clicked)
 Cowbell (plays a sound when double clicked)
• Tinkering Menu
 Dragon Lamp
 Stained Glass Lamp
 Tall Double Lamp

Miscellaneous Additions

• Workable glass can now be crafted via the glassblowing menu.

Clean Up Dyes

• 2 old, Glossy Blue & Deep Violet
• 2 new, Liquid Sunshine & Dark Void

Looting rights distribution update

Corrected issue which prevented players healing scores from being calculated correctly in loot final score.
Healing now applies aggression towards targets aggressors. Example: Warrior A is fighting Mob B. Healer C heals Warrior A and now has aggressed Mob B. (Does not apply in PvP)
DPS weight has been adjusted to be closer to Pre Publish 74 in final loot score.

New Gargoyle Equipment: Amulets

• Non medable neck armor
• Crafted using masonry and blacksmithing. Amulets cannot be reforged and material bonuses are not applied when crafted.

Bug Fixes

• Election data will no longer be reset every hour on the first day of the election cycle.
• Corrected an issue where the informational gump indicating who the current governor is could display incorrect information.
• Removed errant water tiles in a part of the ocean where ships could become stuck.
• Anniversary rugs will no longer spam system messages when multiple items are collected.
• Gargoyles can no longer fly when copied/transferred from one shard to another.
• A greater refreshment potion which was poured from a potion keg now shows correct name.
• Greater refreshment potion kegs will now show the correct name.
• 720.0 is now the default total skill cap for all players.
• Shop prices can now be set to a negative value by faction finance ministers on Abyss rule set shards.

Siege Housing

As of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard.

Classic client 7.0.31

• Cliloc Changes
• New Art Additions
• New instrument sounds

Enhanced Client 4.0.31

• Cliloc Changes
• New Art Additions
• New instrument sounds

Continue reading...

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First :danceb:

These two are teh winners for me

720.0 is now the default total skill cap for all players.

Siege Housing

As of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard.

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• 720.0 is now the default total skill cap for all players.
I was once again being frustrated by my second account's 700 skill cap this morning and briefly considered opening another whine thread about that issue.

:cheerleader:
But it is finally FIXXXEEED! Hurray!
Just LOVE how it is listed as a BUG fix, hahaha...
:cheerleader:

Slightly disappointed that the Kings Collection doesn't contain any clothing items. I'd love new fancy dresses and prettier looking cloaks/mantles. Preferably with some spawning with stats on them that can compete with the ranger's cloak and conjurer's garb.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much does it cost to add the King's Collection to an account?l

I hate to ask, but will there be extra GMs around this weekend in case there are any bugs with the 2nd house feature and people inadvertently end up condemning their primary house?

madmischlers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? are Mesanna and the rest of the UO team so desperate for players they are removing about the only 'veteran' perk (720.0 skill cap for all players) remaining in hopes of attracting more players?
seriously, the idea of 'let's make a day 1 newbie as equal to a 4 yr veteran' was about as brilliant as the idiot who thought that screen door on a submarine would work well in the tropical waters.
The ages old adage, "Less is more" applies well here. The less skill points a newbie has evokes 'more' incentive to play, keep an account active, and work towards becoming a veteran player. This is a blatant slap in the face to ALL veteran UO players proving that Mesanna & her team do not care about veteran UO players. They only wish to try and appease a few who have made noise on the forums. 1st was the removal of the Ethereal Horse requirements. then the removal of age requirements to 'use' veteran rewards, only certain 'age' to claim them, and now they have removed the advantage of being a veteran player and having kept an account active for a period of 4 years or longer. these actions all basically say to the masses, "we want you to come play UO and we are trying to give you every last thing possible, including giving new players veteran status."

Mesanna 3 Vet Players 0

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Siege Housing As of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard." They need to allow another house on the lower populated shards. Legends, lake austin, etc... They are ghost shards at the moment.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? are Mesanna and the rest of the UO team so desperate for players they are removing about the only 'veteran' perk (720.0 skill cap for all players) remaining in hopes of attracting more players?
seriously, the idea of 'let's make a day 1 newbie as equal to a 4 yr veteran' was about as brilliant as the idiot who thought that screen door on a submarine would work well in the tropical waters.
The ages old adage, "Less is more" applies well here. The less skill points a newbie has evokes 'more' incentive to play, keep an account active, and work towards becoming a veteran player. This is a blatant slap in the face to ALL veteran UO players proving that Mesanna & her team do not care about veteran UO players. They only wish to try and appease a few who have made noise on the forums. 1st was the removal of the Ethereal Horse requirements. then the removal of age requirements to 'use' veteran rewards, only certain 'age' to claim them, and now they have removed the advantage of being a veteran player and having kept an account active for a period of 4 years or longer. these actions all basically say to the masses, "we want you to come play UO and we are trying to give you every last thing possible, including giving new players veteran status."

Mesanna 3 Vet Players 0
Well, there goes the neighborhood. I guess you'll have to use your shard shield and move to the suburbs.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mesanna 3 Vet Players 0
Seriously, shut up.

Any idea how this benefits vets tremendously? We can now open secondary accounts that aren't crippled for the next 4 years.
Until now the only option we had was to buy used accounts from third party websites and pretty much always getting scammed (I have been :( ).

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Could someone post spoilers of the new artwork please. I am on test center, and cannot figure out how to view it yet.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was hoping for some new clothes too... Yeah, so I am a fop.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege Housing

Does one, or both of the houses on a single account need to be refreshed manually weekly, or do they auto-refresh if your account is active ?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter

Mesanna 3 Vet Players 0

Sitting on a throne with no peons left gets you nowhere.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
new instrument sounds, a cello!! kings theme pack will be a win, amulets? and cant reforge? wth is the point then? new dyes is a sweet deal

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does one, or both of the houses on a single account need to be refreshed manually weekly, or do they auto-refresh if your account is active ?
I think the original plan was to allow you to have a "secondary" house that would need refreshing, but it reads as though both houses will just be normal and remain standing until the account has been inactive for three months.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see that they are finally raising the skill cap to be equal for all. I understand why some may be upset about it, but it really is nice to level the playing field for everyone. Vet perks really shouldn't have included increased skill caps in the first place, it really left it unbalanced for new players.

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
k just checked test center, cant test the kings theme pack to see if i want it, the dark void dye is almost same color as shroud of condemned, the liquid sunshine looks like the other europa gold knock off dye they released, wth just release a glacial dye and be done with it. this is pointless to be on test center, they could have just turned seige housing on and be done with it.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Glad to see that they are finally raising the skill cap to be equal for all. I understand why some may be upset about it, but it really is nice to level the playing field for everyone. Vet perks really shouldn't have included increased skill caps in the first place, it really left it unbalanced for new players.

While I see why people would want the skill cap raised. It is hardly a level playing field.. Over the 4 years until someone hits the 720 players have had to mix templates and be cleaver with their skill choices and build them each year with that extra reward of 5 skill points. Now there won't be any innovation. people will just stick the newest fad and everyone can have it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
"720.0 is now the default total skill cap for all players."

At last I will have that bloody 720 skill cap! :D
It would be another 2 years till my oldest account would get it, three for the second one and another four for my newest one.
With these news, I might even consider getting a fourth one.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I see why people would want the skill cap raised. It is hardly a level playing field.. Over the 4 years until someone hits the 720 players have had to mix templates and be cleaver with their skill choices and build them each year with that extra reward of 5 skill points. Now there won't be any innovation. people will just stick the newest fad and everyone can have it.
When I say level the playing field I simply mean not being restricted to 20 skill points the less simply because the account has not been active as long as others, and I am certainly not speaking strictly to any particular play-style.

Also, I disagree that making the skill cap equal to everyone will result in people no longer being innovative with their templates. No particular reason, just don't think everyone is so dull as to only follow the "best" build :p

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Should cover most of it. The tables in the top row have big animation cycles with sparks and glowy stuff. Lamps have on and off state (some are pictured on, some pictured off, am lazy).

Nice stuff, but the chair and loveseat is in 2 directions only so unusable for most people! :mad: :gun:

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Should cover most of it. The tables in the top row have big animation cycles with sparks and glowy stuff. Lamps have on and off state (some are pictured on, some pictured off, am lazy).

Nice stuff, but the chair and loveseat is in 2 directions only so unusable for most people! :mad: :gun:

looks like stuff from castleville lol

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Game
2013 Jun 19 20:06 GMT

 Monastery Bell (Plays a sound when double clicked)
 Cello (Plays a sound when double clicked)
 Trumpet (plays a sound when double clicked)
 Cowbell (plays a sound when double clicked)

wonder if these can be used as barding instruments, if so it would make me happy

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they just opened a gate in new haven, you can go look at the kings collection, looks decent for deco, some of the stuff is big like the bell and the wall stuff, wish the instruments were able to be used for bards :(

Selurnoraa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
• Shop prices can now be set to a negative value by faction finance ministers on Abyss rule set shards.
What exactly does an Abyss rule set shard include? Is that what they refer to as Siege / Mugen? Is that just a regular server? What is an Abyss rule set :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the taller artwork doesn't poke through the floor. Would hate to buy the package and then find out I have to rearrange everything in the house to cover up corners of picture frames, etc., that are poking through the floor. Too bad there's no way to test it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just hope there is some kind of manual refresh on the second house placed on Siege or I fear the shard will be filled with tons of ghost houses eventually...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly looks good, wording as ever is .... dubious ..

• Gargoyles can no longer fly when copied/transferred from one shard to another.
So do the wings drop off your gargoyle, then?
Reads to me like you will just have to "land" or stop flying before transferring/copying your character.

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its ironic.
i was sitting at work today and i thought to myself "i wish they would come out with one of those expansions so i could see some new stuff and do some new stuff"
and i come home and guess what!
expansion!

its like they are tapping into the soft inner nugget that is my brain!

what to wish for now......

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hope there is some kind of manual refresh on the second house placed on Siege or I fear the shard will be filled with tons of ghost houses eventually...
i have never liked the idea of manual refresh.
sometimes life gets busy.
there are times when i have to go weeks with no internet (being so remote)
so to have a house that needs to be refreshed does me no good at all.
i picked up those massive brit boats to place them on shards that i needed somewhere to live out of.
but then i put them all away because i was too afraid id miss refreshing one and loose everything.

i also dont think siege has much to worry about.
its not like overnight we are gonna see 2 million thatched roof cottages.
houses cost more on siege.
you cant just buy gold online for siege.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege Housing

so.... does this mean server up in 2 days?
or does this mean we have to wait till we purchase the expansion.
or when the Pub goes to origin..... or production.....

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So TC has a gate up to the items, but everything (well a lot of the stuff) has been dyed red....YUCK, nothing like the post earlier of the items, so yet again we cant see what they really look like.

Also disapointing is the fact that you cannot sit in the couches, loveseats, or chairs. WHY NOT????

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
 Fire Painting (Will generate a random .1 Scrolls of Transcendence once per week) whats the point? .1 skill gain! at least make it 1.0 skill

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My question is we buy the code the same as the Rustic theme pack and we get a token for in game items.... I am wondering how many items we can get wth that token? If its one item off the list for the purchase price its a pretty good way for them to make some cash for UO. I really cannot see a token producing every single one of those items when cashed it. It most likely is going to be like all the other tokens and you get to select one thing.

BG

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it better be more then 1 item per purchase.

hopefully its like those little green tokens we get for christmas every couple years.
the ones where you can scroll through and pic what ya want.
maybe we get a bag of those.
cause i have no use for 3/4 of the stuff, but there are a couple items i would like.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So TC has a gate up to the items, but everything (well a lot of the stuff) has been dyed red....YUCK, nothing like the post earlier of the items, so yet again we cant see what they really look like.

Also disapointing is the fact that you cannot sit in the couches, loveseats, or chairs. WHY NOT????
i can sit on everything.
you playing EC?
cause in CC you can sit just fine.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have never liked the idea of manual refresh.
sometimes life gets busy.
there are times when i have to go weeks with no internet (being so remote)
so to have a house that needs to be refreshed does me no good at all.
i picked up those massive brit boats to place them on shards that i needed somewhere to live out of.
but then i put them all away because i was too afraid id miss refreshing one and loose everything.
I fully agree. Things happen in real life beyond players' control. We've seen UHall posts showing that 90 days for houses is a good buffer against billing problems, and unforeseen circumstances happen.

City loyalty and housing decay were turned off at the end of last October because of Hurricane Sandy. Officially it was for two weeks, but decay for city loyalty and virtues was never turned back on, right? We were lucky to get power back after a week, a bit outside NYC in the middle of thick suburban forest.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege HousingAs of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard.
I'm happy something do happen here but I'm not happy, it is 2 primary houses. If a player stop playing Siege, house should need refresh or he should be able to have the option to place it on a second prodo shard instead.

An alternative would be only to allow a second house secons house in Malas if they already own a house on a normal shard. Want 2 houses, the Siege one should need refresh or be in Malas.

I know that is harder to code and this may be a test to how crazy it goes but if someone own a keep or castle on Siege and a house on Prodo, they should need to refresh one of them.

I hope this are meant as a quick help to Siege and Mesanna will keep an eye on it and maybe add more rules later if we get trouble with large ghost houses.

On the bright side, I can now place a little house on my old shard Atlantic but as I don't think I really would play there, I don't think I will place one there.