• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.. I'm seeing this effecting my Tamers more... wondering what's going to happen there. Is it just healing or casting Greater Heal or what? AM I suddenly going to come under fire for casting Greater Heal on my pet from 10 steps away?

Well unless you didn't tell you pet to attack what it was attacking, you'd be flagged on it anyway. I don't think it means change target. Just flags you.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that on Test? Maybe I'll go see if it borks my Taming...

Just checked on Origin. Vetting your pet does seem to cause your tamer to become flagged towards whatever it's killing.

Pretty nasty and unexpected change, especially if you're in the middle of a bunch of spawn. If this goes through, I expect people will be quitting in droves, especially as no one is bothering to explain why the change is needed with respect to the veterinary skill.

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just checked on Origin. Vetting your pet does seem to cause your tamer to become flagged towards whatever it's killing.

Pretty nasty and unexpected change, especially if you're in the middle of a bunch of spawn. If this goes through, I expect people will be quitting in droves, especially as no one is bothering to explain why the change is needed.[/quote
once again tamers get the stick because it infringes on someone else's playstyle.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well unless you didn't tell you pet to attack what it was attacking, you'd be flagged on it anyway. I don't think it means change target. Just flags you.

No, it hasn't that worked that way up until now. Unless your tamer character actually did something to become aggressive towards the target monster, just applying bandages to a pet that is attacking the monster has never caused the tamer to become flagged to the monster, other than maybe some very high-level named monsters.

I just went to Destard on Origin and had my nightmare killing dragons, wyverns, and drakes. Until I put a bandage on the nightmare, the stuff my nightmare was attacking was NOT flagged to my tamer. As soon as I started applying bandages, the monsters became flagged for my tamer character and the tamer character started hitting them herself.

It's definitely a change from what used to happen. I would really like to see some kind of explanation as to why this change is needed at this time. I can picture it putting an end to people hunting much of anything that spawns in multiples.

Oh well. C'est la vie. Just gives me one more reason to start seriously packing stuff up and getting accounts ready to close down for good. I'd be more willing to try to accept it if someone bothered to explain why the change was needed, but all we get anymore is silence.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think EA would make a lot of money if they offered multiple types of micropacks that are themed.
I think so too. As much as people hate paying for stuff like that. It does make sense. Any form of income for the game is good if we don't want it to go away.
A wedding pack that includes a couple different bouquets, a dress, wedding decorations, rings that can be engraved, etc You could even design a temporary decor that can be placed on the land with a timer of a couple days.
A tavern pack with special mugs or bottles. For an improved bartender npc that has special alcohol etc. A bar counter, tables, etc and some eye candy like a bowl of peanuts, shelving for behind a bar that has drinks.
A desert decorator's pack with cacti, sandstone decor, an oasis, actual sand floor tiles for housing, sandstone rocks, etc
A snow pack, a swamp pack, etc... the list goes on and on.
I really like these ideas! The wedding one is very nice. I like the idea of allowing players to place decorations anywhere that last a couple of days. They could offer fun theme packed ones too like carnivals or fairs. It could have game tents with prizes. 10k to play. Click the green moles as they pop up but don't click the red ones. Get so many points and win a prize. Etc. So players could purchase the pack for $4.99 or whatever and have 3 days of fun anywhere in the world they want. Keep it to themselves or drop runes and make gates for others. Alter the prizes every few months to get people to re-purchase from the store and play again. Or for more of a gold sink make the placer of the tent games pick and pay the setup fees. Do you want this to be a 100k game tent that gives out small rewards and costs 10k per play? Or do you want to pay 100 million and have this game tent give out the best rewards? I wonder what kind of rewards the devs could come up with for a 3 day game tent that costs $9.99 to purchase and 100 million gold to set up and 1 million gold per play :p

Ooo and yes I would definitely pay $4.99 for a bowl of peanuts :) I like the shelves behind the bar too. And wine racks would be nice.

And I would actually be excited for those desert/snow/swamp/etc packs. There are a lot of neat deco items out there in the world. Gimme gimme gimme! Especially water corner pieces! So we can make ponds!

<Random Jibberish>
They really need to add house pets too as suggested by lots of people over the years.
They could combine the pets with the house themed packs.
Claim the desert pack and choose 1: A mini scorpion? A miniature beetle? A sphynx?
Claim the snow pack and choose 1: A St. Bernard beer dog? A penguin? A snow bunny?
Claim the swamp pack and choose 1: A mosquito? A firefly? A dragonfly?
If you want all 3 types of pets you'd have to purchase the pack 3 times. Ouch.
I'd rather see a system where any tameable pet can be turned into a house pet though.
Why haven't they added house pets yet? Because they'd *poof* after server up? LOL!
This system would be so amazing!
Then they could finally add a new pet dye tub! A 16th year house pet dye! o_O
Because who wouldn't want their snow bunny to be bright pink or neon green? o_O
*sigh*
Sorry...
Went way off topic there...
Your idea is fine just being deco item theme packs. It doesn't need pets. Pets can be it's own thing. Just like in Sims. Why combine ideas when you can milk ideas? :(
*crawls back into cardboard box*
Anyway...back on topic...Publish 82...new art...blah blah blah...

I am still sad that the art looks crisper and cleaner in the old 2D client and fuzzy and blurry in the new client. I have switched over to the new client but so desperately want to go back to 2D but can't because the resolution is so small I have to lean in 6 inches from my monitor to see anything. So I am stuck in this weird world of "Do I want to play on a big screen with fuzzy blurry graphics with greater functionality?" or "Do I want to play on a small screen where everything looks amazing but is unplayable?" *sigh*

Test it for yourself. Go look at the new art on Test Center in both the old client and the new client and you'll be sad too. It's not the new art that's the issue it's just the way the clients work. This new art just reminded me of how much better things look in 2D.

And no this isn't a 2D vs 3D rant...Please don't start one. I just want my art to be crisp and clear :sad3: Please...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No Uvtha you are wrong.... Prior to the "change" I go hunting I tell my pet "All follow Me" "All guard me" .... yes you are right something attacks me my pet attacks it.... however prior to change I then invis myself and therefore the Mob B stops attacking me and I"m not longer aggro'd to Mob B just my pet is...... and I heal my pet either by casting Greater Heal or by Bandage... and do NOT get attacked unless I'm dumb enough to stand next to a mob that does area of effect.... OR it's a mob that auto targets the tamer and ignores the pet.... there are a few of these mobs out there and most tamers chose NOT to go against them... and to hunt other things..... but now POST change..... even if I "invis"..... the second I cast a heal or put a bandage on my pet the mob now decides I"m lunch..... and ignores pet... So either I have to heal and invis at the same time.... or I'm not going to be hunting anything more "scary" than a mongbat as a tamer. In other words hang up all your tamers or be dead or never heal your pet...

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
... It's definitely a change from what used to happen. I would really like to see some kind of explanation as to why this change is needed at this time. I can picture it putting an end to people hunting much of anything that spawns in multiples...
Thanks for testing this Tina. I'll go on TC later to check it out, too.

THIS IS WHY publishes should not be rushed, or changes made without a full explanation from the developers.

I think it is time to put this publish on hold until we get the explanation for this change.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think they need to rework how that is or help tamers.... either my pet is going to have to be "on his own" like a person would be able to heal themselves..... or I need to be able to "repair" my weapon ..... ie my pet without getting killed for doing it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for testing this Tina. I'll go on TC later to check it out, too.

THIS IS WHY publishes should not be rushed, or changes made without a full explanation from the developers.

I think it is time to put this publish on hold until we get the explanation for this change.

Well, it may have been a bit of a false alarm. More testing is required. I took a break for a bit and went to Atlantic to try out Destard there and ended up helping someone tame some pets. So it took a while to get back to Destard on Origin. Just finished there now and everything seemed "back to normal," other than seeing a GD making a beeline for the door of Destard. My guess is that when I was there earlier, someone may have been working on herding and was telling stuff to follow my tamer. Will go try killing some other stuff now on Origin and see how it goes.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it may have been a bit of a false alarm. More testing is required. I took a break for a bit and went to Atlantic to try out Destard there and ended up helping someone tame some pets. So it took a while to get back to Destard on Origin. Just finished there now and everything seemed "back to normal," other than seeing a GD making a beeline for the door of Destard. My guess is that when I was there earlier, someone may have been working on herding and was telling stuff to follow my tamer. Will go try killing some other stuff now on Origin and see how it goes.

Well, clobbering balrons was inconclusive. Clobbering Sphynx seemed normal. Clobbering ancient wyrms....same as my earlier experience in Destard--flagged as soon as I slapped a bandage on the GD. Didn't run fast enough, so it's rez time and then I need to get off here and go do something else. I recommend a lot more testing on this one to know for sure.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've never been stackable.

I would have to search through hundreds of posts in many of threads to find it. BUT, yes they originally were stackable, I will research it later and find the post. It came strait from a dev that once they changed them to be insurable, they lost their stack-ability.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, clobbering balrons was inconclusive. Clobbering Sphynx seemed normal. Clobbering ancient wyrms....same as my earlier experience in Destard--flagged as soon as I slapped a bandage on the GD. Didn't run fast enough, so it's rez time and then I need to get off here and go do something else. I recommend a lot more testing on this one to know for sure.
just macro a all kill into bandage macro retarget baddie, did this do same when healing with spells??

to me tamers be non targetable never seemed right just made macroing skills on pet easier

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of the craftable items are usable by anyone, you will need to purchase the theme pack to actually craft them, however.
hmmm, so this is a 180 from the Gothic and Rustic Theme Packs then? Deeded craftables from those themepacks can only be used by accounts that have the theme pack code applied to it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to search through hundreds of posts in many of threads to find it. BUT, yes they originally were stackable, I will research it later and find the post. It came strait from a dev that once they changed them to be insurable, they lost their stack-ability.

Yeah, I tried to search back too to confirm and it looks like trying to search posts made prior to Monday is no longer possible. Even when you look at your own posting content, it only goes back to Monday. Oh well. I just remember Kyronix telling me in-game that the stuff can't stack, without really explaining why. And I thought I commented the first night the refining stuff was live and before it became insurable that it didn't stack, but haven't taken the time yet to try to find that thread by paging back through the last few months of UHall posts, since the Search feature no longer seems to work.

I think it's probably a lost cause at this point to ask for the components to be made stackable. I just don't think the dev team has the manpower to address something like that because it's not considered "critical" and maybe even has a remote chance of forcing some poor soul to pay for another account because they have storage issues.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I tried to search back too to confirm and it looks like trying to search posts made prior to Monday is no longer possible. Even when you look at your own posting content, it only goes back to Monday. Oh well. I just remember Kyronix telling me in-game that the stuff can't stack, without really explaining why. And I thought I commented the first night the refining stuff was live and before it became insurable that it didn't stack, but haven't taken the time yet to try to find that thread by paging back through the last few months of UHall posts, since the Search feature no longer seems to work.

I think it's probably a lost cause at this point to ask for the components to be made stackable. I just don't think the dev team has the manpower to address something like that because it's not considered "critical" and maybe even has a remote chance of forcing some poor soul to pay for another account because they have storage issues.

In the developer feed sub-forum you can still research older posts from before the migration. However, doing that is still like picking a needle out of a haystack. I did find the one post from Kyronix that stated that they all couldnt be stackable becuase there were different kinds. However I swear i remember seeing a post from one of the dev's that they originally were stackable (same types only so would have been 120 differnt stackable refinements, which would be great seeing how i could then fit them all in ONE chest) and the reason they changed it is due to them allowing them to be insured, since insured items cannot stack (it would by-pass the system by charging for one item instead of for each item in the stack).

As a major refinement dealer on Great Lakes, I look forward to the day my vendor hosue isn't totally bogged down with all my secures taken up from Refinements.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the developer feed sub-forum you can still research older posts from before the migration. However, doing that is still like picking a needle out of a haystack. I did find the one post from Kyronix that stated that they all couldnt be stackable becuase there were different kinds. However I swear i remember seeing a post from one of the dev's that they originally were stackable (same types only so would have been 120 differnt stackable refinements, which would be great seeing how i could then fit them all in ONE chest) and the reason they changed it is due to them allowing them to be insured, since insured items cannot stack (it would by-pass the system by charging for one item instead of for each item in the stack).

As a major refinement dealer on Great Lakes, I look forward to the day my vendor hosue isn't totally bogged down with all my secures taken up from Refinements.
I'll let you know if I find anything at all from prior to the change to make them insurable. What you said makes perfect sense. But I also seem to remember noticing they didn't stack on the first night we could even mess around with them. I would LOVE for them to be stackable. They're piling up a bit for me on Origin and LA, but of course there's not enough of any of the same kind to make them worth using and I just flat out don't have the time to mess with trying to find people to trade them with, especially on Origin.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are they insurable? I don't see the value,from what it looks like we have an overflow of them

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are they insurable? I don't see the value,from what it looks like we have an overflow of them

I asked Kyronix early on if they could be blessable on Siege because the only place you could apply the blacksmithing components at that point was in Buc's Den. On Siege, that's in the Fel ruleset and of course there are no guards. I just figured it would make people more likely to actually USE the components if their crafter stood some chance of hanging onto the component long enough to actually apply it to something. It wasn't really clear at that point that ANY character could actually apply the component (it turned out that the components can be crafted at home by a GM crafter), so theoretically you could have your toughest warrior or a stealther do the application.

I really thought more people on Siege would weigh in on that point, but no one really did. And now the blacksmith shop in Fel is the one in Cove, which has a guard zone. Maybe the devs should ask the people on Siege and Mugen what they want. And the people who've been collecting them in Fel shops and getting guard whacked all the time who might be using thieves that are in the thieve's guild. I have a feeling that the people who don't want them to be insurable just want to have the thieves do the stealing and then they'll call guards and collect the components from the thieves' corpses. Might kind of kill off the collection efforts by some people, but who knows anymore.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll let you know if I find anything at all from prior to the change to make them insurable. What you said makes perfect sense. But I also seem to remember noticing they didn't stack on the first night we could even mess around with them. I would LOVE for them to be stackable. They're piling up a bit for me on Origin and LA, but of course there's not enough of any of the same kind to make them worth using and I just flat out don't have the time to mess with trying to find people to trade them with, especially on Origin.

Okay, I found my post from the first night the components were available on TC (February 23) and my comments about how they didn't stack even then: http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-updated-publish-81-on-tc1.295073/page-2#post-2241875 .

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To keep vendor fees to a minimum, i only stock a max of 5 of each at a time. I check my vendors daily and re-stock from my overflow crates. I only keep a maximum of 25 of any one kind in reserves due to the lack of space for storage. However, certain types I can never seem to keep in stock while others I have more than I think Great Lakes & Atlantic will ever need. Sure the system could be simplified to use less refinements, but that doesn't even bother me. I can deal with 120 different kinds. I can even deal with raw refinements not being stack-able (I only sell fully crafted and ready to use refinements). Just please make the finished refinements stack-able. They do not need to be insurable, that is ridiculous. Yes some hold great value, but in all reality, who is going to go around with them in their bag while they fight something or someone.

I do realize this is a publish 82 thread before anyone gets on my case about it. But I think it is extremely relevant that we get a follow up from a dev on when we may see this change. Keeping 25 in overstock to be ready for vendors of each kind of refinement equals 3k items. That is absurd! Help vendor houses out and please fix this!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy... who's the foonie that decide to spend 2 months of work to add the Ikea booster pack? :facepalm:

I think this will be the main push of 2013. A bug fix publish, the refinements shambles and a "theme pack" which has been dreamed up to milk some more money from us.

Edit. I just checked the bug fix publish. It was last year. So half way through 2013 and we've had refinements and the Ikea pack....

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Invigorate isn't the same as Resilence

Exactly, there is a healing proc on the provocation spellsongs. I imagine that is going to get really annoying on the mobs that suck you in. I run this bard farming unbounds and dual client my sam. I haven't tested yet, nor am I going to. Either it wont affect me or it will make me mad. So no need to find another reason not to log in.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Exactly, there is a healing proc on the provocation spellsongs. I imagine that is going to get really annoying on the mobs that suck you in. I run this bard farming unbounds and dual client my sam. I haven't tested yet, nor am I going to. Either it wont affect me or it will make me mad. So no need to find another reason not to log in.
I can't help but agree. The whole point of being a healer is that you aren't able to be the tank on that particular character. I'm lost as to the justification of this change.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have three questions:
1) As stated by Tina, will any of these items poke up to the story above?
2) Will the items that produce sounds be heard by all in the area, or only by yourself? I mean what's the point if no one else can hear you ringing the bell?
3) Will items with animation work for everyone in area? I mean, soulstones for instance, do not animate for me in my own house until I mouse-over. Same with void cores and such.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So any word on price yet? And also is there a list of what is new to be turned in for cleanup?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't help but agree. The whole point of being a healer is that you aren't able to be the tank on that particular character. I'm lost as to the justification of this change.
I'm wondering now if they did this to give healers better looting rights?

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have three questions:
1) As stated by Tina, will any of these items poke up to the story above?
2) Will the items that produce sounds be heard by all in the area, or only by yourself? I mean what's the point if no one else can hear you ringing the bell?
3) Will items with animation work for everyone in area? I mean, soulstones for instance, do not animate for me in my own house until I mouse-over. Same with void cores and such.
I can answer #2...Seems all will hear, as we heard them when someone else clicked them

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a free boost from me[as it took about 5 mins to do].

All this can be yours for the low low price of $25.95, plus tax and transfer fees and a monthly subscription fee and a monthly add on fee for $2.78 to have the option of possibly buying this expansion.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clean Up Dyes

• 2 old, Glossy Blue & Deep Violet
• 2 new, Liquid Sunshine & Dark Void
The publish notes are not accurate. I currently have one character looking at the cleanup menu on GL and one looking at it on Origin, which has been updated with the publish. Here's what they each see:

GREAT LAKES
  • Polished Bronze Pigment
  • Deep Violet Pigment
  • Star Blue Pigment
  • Mother of Pearl Pigment
ORIGIN
  • Glossy Blue Pigment
  • Deep Violet Pigment
  • Liquid Sunshine Pigment
  • Dark Void Pigment
I didn't spot any other differences between the cleanup menus on both shards.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The publish notes are not accurate. I currently have one character looking at the cleanup menu on GL and one looking at it on Origin, which has been updated with the publish. Here's what they each see:

GREAT LAKES
  • Polished Bronze Pigment
  • Deep Violet Pigment
  • Star Blue Pigment
  • Mother of Pearl Pigment
ORIGIN
  • Glossy Blue Pigment
  • Deep Violet Pigment
  • Liquid Sunshine Pigment
  • Dark Void Pigment
I didn't spot any other differences between the cleanup menus on both shards.
So what's not accurate? Origin shows the new 4 dyes listed.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm wondering now if they did this to give healers better looting rights?
The looting rights for healers was just fine (speaking as one) I've gotten my fair share of artifacts and drops. Being designated healer isn't an easy job when you're in charge of healing a group, and to have monsters auto-aggro on you because you are healing defeats the purpose of having a designated healer. A healers armor and equipped items are different than a tanks. I really hope this change goes no further than test center.
OH wait... it's on Origin??

Last edited:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, as a PvM mage who plays the shard where you can't insure your stuff, I welcome anything that makes things more difficult. Why shouldn't healing animals make you an aggressor? If you saw someone beating up your mother or girlfriend you would be somewhat angry towards them, to say the least. Yet you would hold no ill-feeling towards the guy that was handing him some beers whilst he was doing it? Most hunts are ridiculously easy these days, so why not add an extra layer of difficulty? It should make something like the harrower a challenge again. But I'm sure there will be untold moans as most people want everything handed to them on a plate.

My only complaint is that it will give an even greater advantage to Siege factions and their ridiculous monster ignore ability.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you after some testing that monsters don't turn that often to a healer that fast and as often as you might think.

The healer will have to stay alert and have a invis ready or have to run away a bit . But it will also be the task of the warriors to keep a eye on their healers to keep them safe. Its called team work. :)

And tamers are worried they get targetted now and then? Realy? (I have a tamer and play her often) Might i remind us that we tamers have the most powerfull weapon, armor and shield in Sosaria? I wonder why a lot use a tamer with a Greater Dragon on events.. uhm , because they have it easier? So if it means that healing my pet requires a little more tactics and running and hide i will acccept it .

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Personally, as a PvM mage who plays the shard where you can't insure your stuff, I welcome anything that makes things more difficult. Why shouldn't healing animals make you an aggressor? If you saw someone beating up your mother or girlfriend you would be somewhat angry towards them, to say the least. .
Am I reading this wrong? Not healing animals, healing my guildmates.
And please don't relate UO to real life, it's not.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The healer will have to stay alert and have a invis ready or have to run away a bit . But it will also be the task of the warriors to keep a eye on their healers to keep them safe. Its called team work. :)
I'm already staying alert trying to heal a number of people. I thought I was participating in team work by dedicating my entire template and suit to being the healer and keeping my team mates alive. Was this not team work? Having all bard skills (music provo peace discord) Plus Mage and Meditation for greater heals plus a suit that can keep my mana up high enough to make sure that no one on my team dies and if by some reason such as lag they do die having enough mana and Compassion to get that person back up and back into the fight without losing someone else. It takes more skill than a lot of folks (and obviously whoever made this change) give you credit for.
I'm kinda put off that you said "it's called teamwork" when that's exactly the description of what we were trying to do in the first place.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All You say is what You did for them and what You did to help them. All i read is that its all coming from You. I see no Teamwork in it at all if the people You take care of not have a moment time to keep a eye on you that You are safe :)
Its very noble of You what You do. :)

If You are the only one that do everything for others and others don't do anything for You, in my eyes, there is no teamwork.

All what i just read is ME ME ME ME :p

Last edited:

UO-OU

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the healing changes are a terrible idea. Not sure what their logic were behind that changes as it affects pvm greatly. However, I wouldn't be opposed to it if the "tank"(player or pet) had a way to refocus the monster's aggro to themselves again for a short duration, but there is no skill, spell, or special move that does that. So devs, please revert this healing change - it's absolutely unnecessary.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
All You say is what You did for them and what You did to help them. All i read is that its all coming from You. I see no Teamwork in it at all if the people You take care of not have a moment time to keep a eye on you that You are safe :)

If You are the only one that do everything for others and others don't do anything for You, in my eyes, there is no teamwork.

What they do is kill the monster for me. Take all the damage. Am I missing something?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the kind of response that makes people uninclined to participate in discussions here.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically..they are hurting the players who spend their time being a designated healer by forcing them to be battle ready as well as being a healer, to prevent people from multi clienting..*clap clap* idiots!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy... who's the foonie that decide to spend 2 months of work to add the Ikea booster pack? :facepalm:
Hehe at least some of the items give free stuff over time ;P...it's nice, in one way, because nothing they're adding is game-breaking if you don't feel like buying the set.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The stuff I've seen posted as the new art for the theme pack has been finished since before the 15th anniversary meeting, so it's unlikely it took any new time as they were created by the current artist while he was being trained to take over for Grimm. We got to see the stuff previewed at the party in Fairfax.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The looting rights for healers was just fine (speaking as one) I've gotten my fair share of artifacts and drops. Being designated healer isn't an easy job when you're in charge of healing a group, and to have monsters auto-aggro on you because you are healing defeats the purpose of having a designated healer. A healers armor and equipped items are different than a tanks. I really hope this change goes no further than test center.
OH wait... it's on Origin??
Doesn't the change just make it so everything puts you on the aggro list? That shouldn't really change too much, should it? Because most high end boss monsters have a form of target switching, and the aggro list priority should stay on the ones doing the damage...well...I guess what this change means is things like the Barracoon will spam rats on you for healing...? Hm.

Yeah, I would have left it like it was, too. I'm thinking players will be able to handle the change, but it's going to lead to some annoying situations. Heal someone, invis them, then you're the immediate next target...Barracoon inconsistencies...wonder what else.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"Corrected issue which prevented players healing scores from being calculated correctly in loot final score.
Healing now applies aggression towards targets aggressors. Example: Warrior A is fighting Mob B. Healer C heals Warrior A and now has aggressed Mob B. (Does not apply in PvP)"

It's obsurd to think that this will not apply in PvP but will in PvE because it will still essentially be helping out Warrior A while he fights Player B then the healer should be aggressive to Player B. I can see where this may conflict though when a player casts for instance Greater Heal on Warrior A that if we do this they should also be agressive towards Player B... While we are on the topic though Discording pets in fel should also make that player Agressive to the pet that they discorded. It is only right to do so.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
"Corrected issue which prevented players healing scores from being calculated correctly in loot final score.
Healing now applies aggression towards targets aggressors. Example: Warrior A is fighting Mob B. Healer C heals Warrior A and now has aggressed Mob B. (Does not apply in PvP)"

It's obsurd to think that this will not apply in PvP but will in PvE because it will still essentially be helping out Warrior A while he fights Player B then the healer should be aggressive to Player B. I can see where this may conflict though when a player casts for instance Greater Heal on Warrior A that if we do this they should also be agressive towards Player B... While we are on the topic though Discording pets in fel should also make that player Agressive to the pet that they discorded. It is only right to do so.
Yep. They got it backwards. It makes sense in PvP.