• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Rustic and Gothic theme pack "craftables" listed below CAN be used by any account, although they can only be made by a character on an account that has been upgraded with the appropriate theme pack:

• Ritual Table (Gothic theme pack)
  • Gargoyle Statues (Gothic theme pack)
  • Rustic Bench (Rustic theme pack)
  • Topiaries (Rustic theme pack)
The craftables which require an account to be upgraded with either the Gothic or the Rustic theme pack in order to place and use them as a house owner or co-owner are the Distillery and the Advanced Training Dummy. The deeds for these two items actually say right on them that you need to have the appropriate theme pack. The deeds for the Ritual Table and Rustic Bench and the Gargoyle Statues and Topiaries items don't have that kind of message on them.

View attachment 15055 View attachment 15057

I wasn't able to place benches with my non booster accounts.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so whats the price....jesus.....2.99....3.99....hell !!! god forsake even 4.99...LOL....just tell us....

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't able to place benches with my non booster accounts.
I made you some on GL to try again with but couldn't drop them off at what I think is your house...no mailbox. I have placed the rustic benches with several of my accounts that don't have either theme pack. Maybe it was a temporary glitch you experienced or trying to put the bench where it wouldn't fit?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm, healing on TC1 tested with about 20-30 earth elementals and about 10 clay golems with 120 mage, healing a pure dexer (the dexer didn't heal at all, every single point of healing came from soul seeker & the mage), mage didn't get looting rights for healing on ANYTHING, dexer had to re-attack every other mob.

So basically healers were getting looting rights before pub 82 with no problems, What the hell is the point in changing the way it works?

It was fine the way it was, now it's broken. I'm hoping it's not "working as intended".

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made you some on GL to try again with but couldn't drop them off at what I think is your house...no mailbox. I have placed the rustic benches with several of my accounts that don't have either theme pack. Maybe it was a temporary glitch you experienced or trying to put the bench where it wouldn't fit?

Thank you very much for that. I have a few houses on GL, so not sure which one you were at, I have been off and on at odd times lately due to packing up my RL house getting ready for a move. This happened back in February. Since then I purchased both the Rustic and Gothic packs for my main account since I wasn't able to place teh benches without the upgrade. I have not tried since placing with any of my other non-upgraded accounts because I Co-Own my main account to all my other houses and let that one do the main decoing so it can have access to everything at all times.

Maybe next time I log in on a non-entitled account I will try again to see if it still cannot place.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not just about placing the stuff. A new player cant even use the training dummy. I had a couple at my house but removed them when I found out.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still cant see these new packs for sale.....anyone??

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so whats the price....jesus.....2.99....3.99....hell !!! god forsake even 4.99...LOL....just tell us....
I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious here. I'll assume the latter and weigh in that I agree the value of such a booster probably falls in the sub-$5 range. However, can you honestly imagine a scenario where they'll price it less than the last two boosters? Weren't they $9.99 each, or $14.99 for both when they came out? As such, my guess is we'll see it for $14.99.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious here. I'll assume the latter and weigh in that I agree the value of such a booster probably falls in the sub-$5 range. However, can you honestly imagine a scenario where they'll price it less than the last two boosters? Weren't they $9.99 each, or $14.99 for both when they came out? As such, my guess is we'll see it for $14.99.
It is a THEME pack, not a game booster. Other theme pack are regularly priced at $9.99.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my gosh the workable glass is not stackable?!?! Noooooooo!!! *dies*

My alchemist/glassblower is on a different character then my carpenter/tinker!

Guess it's time to play "99 workable glass in the pack"...*sigh*

99 workable glass in the pack...
99 workable glass...
Pick one up, place it in a bag...
98 workable glass in the pack...

<edit>
Whoops I over-reacted :)
You only need workable glass for the 3 tinker items.
And only 1 workable glass per item.
Not sure why I made 99 :)
Got too excited I guess!

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my gosh the workable glass is not stackable?!?! Noooooooo!!! *dies*

My alchemist/glassblower is on a different character then my carpenter/tinker!

Guess it's time to play "99 workable glass in the pack"...*sigh*

99 workable glass in the pack...
99 workable glass...
Pick one up, place it in a bag...
98 workable glass in the pack...
*sigh*

Did you really think they would make it stack-able from the get-go? Remember the process: Put new items on TC where most of us couldn't test it and thosethat could, points out its not stackable. Publish goes live, items still not stackable. Players complain. Three years later, we are told it is on "list" of items to be made stackable. 5 years later, it "might" have finally been re-coded.

So, your looking at somewhere around 2018-2019 and you can have stackable workable glass :)

Good day!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that might be the 20% VAT talking, it tends to do that to prices ;)

Wenchy

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9.99 euros, or 13.08 Dollars for the Euro people.

Not going to buy, with the stuff that's in there I personally think it is worth 3-4 euros tops. The rustic theme pack is 7.99 euros, which I think was good value for money since it has the garden thingie, distillery (which actually has some interaction to it), magincia vendors and a tileset of stuff for your house (which was a bit ugly but meh, still it's a full tile set).

For 9.99 EUR I'd want at least another house tile set and something with interaction in there. A clickable producing a simple item every week is not really something I get excited about, sorry.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you really think they would make it stack-able from the get-go? Remember the process: Put new items on TC where most of us couldn't test it and thosethat could, points out its not stackable. Publish goes live, items still not stackable. Players complain. Three years later, we are told it is on "list" of items to be made stackable. 5 years later, it "might" have finally been re-coded.

So, your looking at somewhere around 2018-2019 and you can have stackable workable glass :)

Good day!
Hahaha! :)
Thanks for the laugh! :)
Yet for some reason I'm crying because I know it's true :(
Thankfully it's not that big of a deal. Unlike refinements where it is a HUGE deal.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Healers do not receive looting rights currently.
Not to mention the constant need to reflag mobs is by far the most annoying thing.

Oh the many reasons publishes should never be released on thursday/friday and go live the following monday.

How long has the team been doing this ?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
way toooo pricey ..il wait for the half price deal

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
way toooo pricey ..il wait for the half price deal
Too pricy? I was thinking the price was decent. Just pissed I can't purchase more than one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kyronix... I have to know... the Shelves are they deeded or like the wooden bench?

Please tell me they are more like a wooden bench and I can place 3 or 4 or 5 of them on the wall in the same space... like rows of shelves.... not a deeded item where I can only have one thing there. Not really useful that way. It's more useful if I can place a bunch of them and raise them up and down...

And why is it these things look nice and sharp in the 2d client but look like SMEG in the EC? All blurry and out of focus?? One would think that when you all are making "new" stuff you'd make it using the high rez from the beginning not after...
Well The answer to the million dollar question..... is sadly the shelves are in deed form which means you can only place ONE on the wall in a space... so unlike benches where you can place multiples of them on the wall and form "shelves" out of them the shelf is the ONLY Thing you can have on that wall... and while you can raise it you can't lower it and you can't put more than one there. :( Highly impractical and not very useful.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ I agree. This is very disappointing :sad3:

<edit>
I just fooled around with it for a bit.
You CAN use goza mats to make the shelves stack...but it's a pain.

1st: Place a goza mat and raise it up 10 times.
2nd: Place a shelf under the gaza mat.
3rd: Place a shelf on the gaza mat.
4th: Lower the shelf all the way until it says cannot lower any further.
5th: Place another shelf on the gaza mat.
Repeat 3-5 for as many shelfs as you want.
Then remove the gaza mat and raise the shelves.

I don't know if I am gonna have trouble placing items on them yet though. I am guessing I am. Might have to use a trash barrel.

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Potions from barrel sponge do not always stack with existing potions. Barrel sponge also makes invisibilty pots at 2 stones when my crafted invis pots are 1 stone each

Edit: Correction crafted invis pots are 2 stones each.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
^ I agree. This is very disappointing :sad3:

<edit>
I just fooled around with it for a bit.
You CAN use goza mats to make the shelves stack...but it's a pain.

1st: Place a goza mat and raise it up 10 times.
2nd: Place a shelf under the gaza mat.
3rd: Place a shelf on the gaza mat.
4th: Lower the shelf all the way until it says cannot lower any further.
5th: Place another shelf on the gaza mat.
Repeat 3-5 for as many shelfs as you want.
Then remove the gaza mat and raise the shelves.

I don't know if I am gonna have trouble placing items on them yet though. I am guessing I am. Might have to use a trash barrel.
Thanks for that!

I went and tried to do it to make like a shelving unit of sorts... however it really didn't like what I was doing. I couldn't get 4 shelves to look right on the wall they really didn't want to let you do much with them.... then they wanted to limit how much you could put there. After much work I finally got 2 shelves and 2 chests up on the wall but it seriously didn't look right.... so I just went with old tried and true wooden benches. I need shelves to give me at least 3 or 4 chests stacked and 2 just wasn't cutting it for me. Maybe I could have gotten it to work if I used the old break the box trick but seemed more like WAY more effort than I was willing to do.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too pricy? I was thinking the price was decent. Just pissed I can't purchase more than one.
I'm in the too pricey camp. In the past, I've bought boosters I had no intention of utilizing (High Seas) and theme packs (Rustic / Gothic) that also provided no value to my playstyle largely in order to vote for UO with my wallet. If adding deco has officially become the priority in this game I'm not interested.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went and tried to do it to make like a shelving unit of sorts... however it really didn't like what I was doing. I couldn't get 4 shelves to look right on the wall they really didn't want to let you do much with them.... then they wanted to limit how much you could put there. After much work I finally got 2 shelves and 2 chests up on the wall but it seriously didn't look right.... so I just went with old tried and true wooden benches. I need shelves to give me at least 3 or 4 chests stacked and 2 just wasn't cutting it for me. Maybe I could have gotten it to work if I used the old break the box trick but seemed more like WAY more effort than I was willing to do.
I know how you feel. I was struggling to get some shelves placed where I wanted and finally after an hour gave up. Too many restrictions. It would be so much easier to set them up if they weren't in deed form. Plus if they weren't in deed form they could start off lower to the floor giving us more room to work. Not sure why they have to start so high off the ground. At one point I was thinking why do I have to do all these extra steps to get them to stack when it could be so simple? I mean why spend an hour trying to setup a simple shelf when non-deed ones are done in a matter of seconds? I was about ready to pull out my hair. It's unnecessary frustration. Not worth the time. Too bad I can't take them back to the Origin store and complain that they're broken and get a refund. It's kind of silly cause in real life a lot of the time you see two or three or even four shelves against the same wall. That's what they're made for! To stack! To create more space!
:yell:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I finally got around to testing on one of my non-entitled accounts, and it is place-able now. I just remember puchasing the theme packs when I did due to the fact I wasn't able to place the items until I had the theme packs (I was originally holding off to purchase them until the Origin put them back into a combo pack again, if ever).