• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unusual Items Received From Killing Trade Order Ambushers

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I do 5 liners and even got the 5th..... Amulet *GRMBL*

If it's really so that the one liners have more "luck" to get the items I'll try tomorrow with a new char. It ... can't .... be .... true !!! :D
I've been doing 1-liners, and 1 drop for 12 or so.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I posted the comment above from what I found last night while I was fighting. Seems the time frame today is <5 minutes for a spawn.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You've gotten 5 items from 6 trades? I must be doing something seriously wrong. I'm averaging about 1 item per 3 hours of running trades. It's very discouraging. Just finished a Minoc to Skara run/walk and was ambushed 6 times along the way. Nada for drops.

So far I have 2 amulets, 1 goblet, and 1 incense.
I don't know, I take the LONGEST way possible...like walking from Trinsic to Minoc....yeah my hand is tired from holding down the mouse button!

Trade 1 - 1 Ambush, it spawned in guard zone so I lost the trade but got the amulet
Trade 2 - 6 Ambushes, got the trapped soul
Trade 3 - 6 Ambushes, got the Boline
Trade 4 - 7 Ambushes, got the Boline
Trade 5 - 4 Ambushes, got nothing
Trade 6 - 4 Ambushes, got the Gorget

This is just from the 4 I did last night and 2 this morning. Just got home, have my coffee and am goin out again! lol still need the Folded Stole and Pentagram adorned wand and Goblet and I will have them all...at least as far as we know.

All the ones I did yesterday were 1-Item trade deals, I finally hit the 2-Item trade deals this morning.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband has had more than one item a couple of times, I can't even get one! :D

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I don't know, I take the LONGEST way possible...like walking from Trinsic to Minoc....yeah my hand is tired from holding down the mouse button!
It can take a little practice to get the hang of, but if you left then hold down right click, then let go, you'll keep moving in whatever direction you aim the mouse without having to keep holding down the right mouse button. Then just right click to stop moving.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It can take a little practice to get the hang of, but if you left then hold down right click, then let go, you'll keep moving in whatever direction you aim the mouse without having to keep holding down the right mouse button. Then just right click to stop moving.
Yeah I know but you still have to move the mouse and if you happen to go off the game screen you stop...it's just a bit too wonky but I do that sometimes....takes a bit more reaction time when an ambush pops up though lol.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been keeping track of how/when the ambushers spawn. It seems to me they spawn within a time window as long as you have a trade quest. Seems to be in the 10 minute range or so. So, if you are running from say Brit to Skara you can get there easily at times with no Ambushers spawning. So my advise? Slow down and walk...
I've had them spawn on me when I was hidden at a moongate to go get a drink, so... may not even need to walk.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things I learned today:

1) Someone else can kill your ambushers and you will still get your crate back (at least if you are nearby).

2) I hate having my spellcaster ambushed in Guard Zones.

3) You can stand still in one spot and be ambushed. I walked from open area to open area and invised. I was usually ambushed within 4-6 minutes. I then moved to another open area nearby and did the same. I had 7 ambushes and then it seemed to dry up, so I don't know if there is an ambush "limit" per trade or not. The only reason I tried to use open areas was for ease in keeping track of the ambushers.

4) The ambushers rubberband back to near the burning wagon if they wander away.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I just answered for myself a question that I posed earlier today, i.e., whether or not you can get more than one "curious" item per trade order. The answer is yes. Just finished a trade order from Minoc to Skara Brae. Walked very slowly the whole way (ran only when in guard zones, e.g., Brit farm fields). Started at 5:50 pm and finished at 6:30 pm. Was ambushed 9 times. Total number of ambushers killed was 34. On each of the last two ambushes, a brigand dropped a curious item (incense for one and scourge for the other). Was a one-line order and the reward for walking/boating it the whole way (boat needed to get across to Skara Brae) was 139,800 gold to Minoc and a 0.2 inscription SoT.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, now I know something else. You CAN get two "curious" items from one ambush!

Just finished a one-line trade order from Minoc to Trinsic. Walked very, very slowly the whole way, other than when in guard zones. Didn't do any backtracking or weird detours. Ran through Britain instead of going around it. Started at 6:50 p.m. and ended at 7:44 p.m. Whew! Was ambushed 12 times by a total of 52 ambushers. The first drop was on the second ambush (wand), second and third drops (both phylacteries) were on the third ambush, and the fourth drop (amulet) was on the seventh ambush.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been doing the trade runs all was getting a drop here and there and for the last 3 to 4 hours none ?

Is there a daily limit on them maybe ?

Anyone else notice this or have had the same thing happen?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been doing the trade runs all was getting a drop here and there and for the last 3 to 4 hours none ?

Is there a daily limit on them maybe ?

Anyone else notice this or have had the same thing happen?

You are just witnessing RNG.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten 10 "curious item" drops in about 3.5 hours of playing today. I don't know if the drop rate improved or if it was because I changed what I was doing, i.e., walking very very slowly while outside town guard zones, pretty much sticking to the roads as much as possible because it takes longer that way. This means going from Minoc to Skara Brae takes about 40-45 minutes with about 35 ambushers along the way and from Minoc to Trinsic takes about 50 minutes with about 52 ambushers along the way. I have been using a tamer who drags along a greater dragon.

Since this started, I've gotten 5 amulets, 3 phylacteries, 2 goblets, 2 incense, 1 scourge, 1 wand, and 1 gorget. Still need the map, tome, boline, and stole to get a complete set on the shard where I've been doing this so far. I'm pretty sure that I inadvertently pitched a scourge the first day because it came from an orc and I thought it was one of the whips some of the orcs crop. I suspect I might have overlooked a wand on the first or second day too.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to only get the same two over and over
I gave up an hour ago
Hope we don't need all the different ones in the future

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to only get the same two over and over
I gave up an hour ago
Hope we don't need all the different ones in the future
I too have been getting more of two items (amulet and trapped soul) and barely anything else... its very annoying. I tried to trade with other players but the same thing is happening to them. Does anyone even know if you need one of each item or is it like ToT where the amount you turn in is what matters?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I too have been getting more of two items (amulet and trapped soul) and barely anything else... its very annoying. I tried to trade with other players but the same thing is happening to them. Does anyone even know if you need one of each item or is it like ToT where the amount you turn in is what matters?
According to Dot it's just window dressing and you don't actually need much if anything from this it's kinda deco...

But I for one have a fear that during week 5 when all the rest is turned off we'll find out there is some amazing obscure thing you could have gotten if only you had 45,000 points worth of items from this... or some BS.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone gotten more than one unique item per trade quest? And is anyone still having trouble with not getting a chest back after being ambushed? Had that happen last night.
I've gotten as many as 5 in a single Trade Order, Twice I've gotten 2 unique items in the same ambush.

The items drop from specific mob groups.

Demons = Daemonic Amulet
Reptiles = An Oddly Modified Gorgot
Undead = A Soul Trapped Within A Phylactery
Humans = Everything else. *Brigands seem to drop several different unique items, but I'm pretty sure it's based on how the brigands are dressed, that determines which "unique item" they're going to drop.

I'm not sure if any of the Sea Ambushers drop any Unique items.
I've only killed about 16 ambushes worth of Krakens, Sea Serpents & Water Elementals without any unique items, but it's not uncommon for that to happen on land either...

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Interesting thought. I've only gotten 2 phylacteries, but both came from Bone Knights.

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a black mempo spawn on at least 3 ambushers. I couldn't pick it up, and it displays nothing on a mouse over.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I've had a black mempo spawn on at least 3 ambushers. I couldn't pick it up, and it displays nothing on a mouse over.
I get this too, it seems to be more of an EC bug than anything, If you close the corpse and reopen it, you can pick it up and mouse over it.

Capidermus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've gotten a couple of ringmail tunics a couple days ago that are a goldish type hue, kind of like invasion armor. I don't know if it's normal, but it seems unusual to me, and I haven't gotten any more since.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting thought. I've only gotten 2 phylacteries, but both came from Bone Knights.
Bone Knights are also undead :)....

Btw. my curse is back.....8 amuletts now and 4 trapped souls... and only 2 scourges... and .....o_O .!"§$%&/()=? :cursing: NOTHING ELSE 'til now.....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have to admit in the last hour, even with my bugged trade order, i'm not getting an ambusher's spawning.
Did they turn it off again??

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just wonder what to do with these drops.. Just decorative?
Maybe....maybe not....we don't know yet....very detailed descriptions though so I don't think they are just deco.....still cool!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna say the next part has something to do with......Pentagrams... ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have had to wait till the corpse goes public then pick it up.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have been keeping track of the drops... my findings..

With 2080 and 2480 luck(sometimes had Novo Blue on and sometimes didn't)
Spawns - 20
Items - 2
Hours spent - 5

No Luck
Spawns -20
Items - 0
Hours spent - 4.5

My wife was also on a trade quest and was killing her mobs by herself while we were running/sitting (we did a combination of things to increase ambushes) and I was killing my mobs alone. She ran 0 luck and did get two drops during all her ambushes (approx 40) as well.

Just for what it's worth... rng is rng.. but I am going to put the luck suit back on..

*edit*

Forgot to include I was on 5 Liners the entire time.. she started at 1 liner and hit 2 liner during that time.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well the RNG gods are not smiling on me for my birthday today...did 2 runs, 45 minutes each run, total of 26 ambushes and no items :(

Got 2 pinks though so that's the plus! :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
.did 2 runs, 45 minutes each run, total of 26 ambushes and no items :(
Gotta ask how you are getting that many ambushes in 45 minutes though...

Have done everything I can think of to get them to spawn quicker and no luck..

also... happy b-day :thumbup1:

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had three occasions where the chest did not appearing in my pack after killing the spawn this afternoon. Yes i killed and looted all the spawn.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Question for those losing their chest.. are you killing the ambushers quickly? The reason I asked is because I got a message a few minutes ago when the ambushers spawned about a crate expiring in 900 seconds. It seems like the main trade quest goes into a temporary crate during the fight.. maybe if people do not complete killing them within the time frame that temp crate *poofs* ... just a thought..

crate.jpg

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix, I think the spawn rate for ambushes really needs to be turned up. 25 min walking from Vesper to Yew just now, and nothing.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had that happen as well 35 minutes no spawn yew to minic not one spawn walking the hole way

Also yesterday I was getting mostly 4 or 5 ambushe monster per spawn today all I been getting is 3 per spawn
I think they turned it down maybe
A lot people where complaining it was to hard so they might have lowered the spawns and mob rate
I wish they would have turned it up although I had 4 flaming gargoyles and a drake spanw 1 time only time I died so far because I wasn't expecting it otherwise I would had hidden and ran lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Gotta ask how you are getting that many ambushes in 45 minutes though...

Have done everything I can think of to get them to spawn quicker and no luck..

also... happy b-day :thumbup1:
I take the longest route...like Trinsic to Vesper :/ and WALK which is the hardest part because omg it takes forever lol but WALK don't run.....I pre-cast invis....walk a bit..invis...wait...pre-cast invis...walk a bit...invis...wait....that's it

And thanks! Had a great dinner at Golden Corral with my parents and my kids and then back to their house for home made carrot cake MMM good!

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
no idea why u all have such low ambusher spawns. we've been getting them consistently. maybe people just not used 2 normal ambusher spawn rates? seems from this thread like people haven't done trade quests b4!!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take the longest route...like Trinsic to Vesper :/ and WALK which is the hardest part because omg it takes forever lol but WALK don't run.....I pre-cast invis....walk a bit..invis...wait...pre-cast invis...walk a bit...invis...wait....that's it
Haven't had a chance to do any spawns today, but what I have been doing is walking very very slowly, other than in guard zones. When something spawns (usually mobs on top of my tamer and cart halfway across the screen), I waste no time running my character off screen and then inviz her. Then I check the journal to see what actually spawned and take special note of the burning or flaming gargoyles (or whatever they're called) or liches. Then make sure the pet's bar is still open (it's a walking greater dragon, so usually pet bar is fine, I just like to make sure I didn't accidentally click it off) and then slowly walk back with control shift on and quickly grab the bars of the liches and nasty gargoyles and sic the pet on them. Then grab the bars of all the rest and sic the pet on them as well, invizing if necessary in the process if necessary. Rarely have to inviz a second time though because the spawn usually seems to have locked onto the pet that is in their midst. If one of the ambushers has wandered off screen, I then go run after it and get it to chase my tamer back to the fight and inviz if necessary while getting the pet on it too.

Although my tamer is a peace tamer, I rarely use peacemaking while fighting the ambushers. I have this hare-brained theory that if I area peace the ambusher spawn, it might decrease the chances of getting a curious item. I've got no foundation whatsoever for that theory, but I figure why decrease chances to getting anything if it's not necessary. I will sometimes area peace as the tamer and pet are strolling along just to not end up with a procession of bats, ogres, trolls, etc. following along. It's always funny to have them drop off eventually and then the next time we come through that area, they zip right over and look like they've just peacefully joined the crew and are out for a ramble. Got a parade of about 4 or 5 of them going one time for a couple of screens until they just couldn't keep up or we hit a server line.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone received a ritual tome, map, scourge, goblet or stole in the last day? I haven't gotten one since the humans dressed in the hooded shrouds disappeared...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone received a ritual tome, map, scourge, goblet or stole in the last day? I haven't gotten one since the humans dressed in the hooded shrouds disappeared...
I got my 1st Tome just before i logged for the night, about 5 hours ago on Europa. Before that it was Amulets every time. :/

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a map and a folded stole today
I still haven't got any goblets yet or the gorget and Scourge either

I did get 4 of the hooded robes before they did the re-reactivion

Those are just regular drops right just different color ?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, good to know. I keep getting phylacteries. I need a map, a stole, a scourge and a ritual tome before I go bonkers. :coco: