• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unusual Items Received From Killing Trade Order Ambushers

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Run around in circles out of a guard zone. They will just keep spawning.
I have been running around in circles for thirty minutes and only one ambush so far...

Also, I am doing 4 line quests. When the content was live the rewards were a good bit better than the rewards my wife was getting for her 1 line quests. There did not seem to be any increased opportunity for the special loot on the ambushers one way or the other. We both only wound up with one after an hour and a half each.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well dont die on land now either as you lose the order and end up with a bag full of whatever was in your order.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh yeah that's how it works....had that happen to me a few times on test center....not fun!

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL got trade order stolen , killed mobs, big fire cart still here next to moongate on Moonglow and I cant recall as it says I have a trade order :-O not in my bag I dont.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well dont die on land now either as you lose the order and end up with a bag full of whatever was in your order.
FYI Dont fill trade order until you reach your destination.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had an ambush right on a guard protection line. Not sure but believe that one of the monsters was guard whacked. No monsters are apparent, but burning wagon still in place and chest not returned. The following message was in the log:

You can't find creatures have
'tg_willGuardian = 1' objvar in 5x5 tiles

at that point an NPC called for guards.

waited the 900 seconds and the crate went poof, but the wagon animation didn't.
logged out and back in to make sure not a cache issue. The wagon is still present.

This was on Cats at 8N 10W.

Edit update. When I got back to the Britain guard zone a guard appeared and killed some sort of undead from the sound as I passed by the library. I did not go through the cemetery, so it may have been the missing ambusher. Very odd.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL got trade order stolen , killed mobs, big fire cart still here next to moongate on Moonglow and I cant recall as it says I have a trade order :-O not in my bag I dont.
Same I just did this twice in a row to make sure it wasn't something I did. When the arc was up briefly yesterday I did four runs without issue. New bug here it looks like.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First day back for a while.

Bought the newspaper, took a trade quest, killed all of the ambushers and the burning crates disappeared...but my trade crate did not reappear, nothing to hand in, cannot take another crate.

*Logs out*

See you again in a few months...

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL burning carts stacking up everywhere, this is gonna be fun.

We need to figure out the fastest way to get rid of a trade order we don't have, logging out fixed one, this latest one wont go away.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got an item off one of the new "humans" that probably isnt part of what we're looking for but....
A dark green/blue Hooded robe.
Kinda sexy :D
oh wait....i just realised i didn't get my Barrel back, lol
....and i'm now burning down a huge Yew tree :devil:

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got an item off one of the new "humans" that probably isnt part of what we're looking for but....
A dark green/blue Hooded robe.
Kinda sexy :D
I got a very nice dark green bear mask too. Nothing special but I love the color.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did one trade order on LS, Magincia to Brit. Sailed to the Trinsic swamps and got ambushed. Recovered that one. About 2 minutes later, ran into another ambush - 3 brigands and a gargoyle. Killed that one quickly. Never got the crate back, so the trade order expired 4 minutes ago - you have a 30 minute time limit on them.

Fantastic job with the new content. Please fix @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got what can only be described as a "true" white cloak too?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same I just did this twice in a row to make sure it wasn't something I did. When the arc was up briefly yesterday I did four runs without issue. New bug here it looks like.
Why would you be completing a trade deal, at the moonglow moongate, and trying to recall in the first place ? Or do prodo shards get to recall everywhere ?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you be completing a trade deal, at the moonglow moongate, and trying to recall in the first place ? Or do prodo shards get to recall everywhere ?
Her trade order was stolen and she wasn't able to recover it - I tried the same thing. But, until it expires, the game will still think you have a trade order (even if you don't), so you can't recall, use a non-public moongate, or whatever else it restricts.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get a message when there is item on corpse? I couldnt check that far back in journal when i got my item after server up

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Careful with the ambushers on a tamer! @Kyronix My bonded giant beetle went from bonded and wonderfully happy to wild in just a few seconds, fighting a daemon, dragon, skeleton, and brigand. Managed to retame him, but that's an expensive bug considering the credits I spent a while back on a bonding potion...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No worries... seems they pulled the content again tho.. at least on Atlantic they did.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did one trade order on LS, Magincia to Brit. Sailed to the Trinsic swamps and got ambushed. Recovered that one. About 2 minutes later, ran into another ambush - 3 brigands and a gargoyle. Killed that one quickly. Never got the crate back, so the trade order expired 4 minutes ago - you have a 30 minute time limit on them.

Fantastic job with the new content. Please fix @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix.
Another trade order attempted. This time I lost the crate on the first ambush. I ran back to Minoc, killed myself, then got rid of the items when I recalled to Luna. There's no point in doing this right now.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bugged items, Mesanna has said they wont be there when its turned back on. [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)];)[/bcolor]
Oh c'mon.. I tried for an hour and a half to complete just one trade quest and the only thing I got was a cool mask. o.0

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got "a goblet" from an ambush briggand. Just looks like a regular goblet. I only have 80 tinkering, and that wasn't enough skill to get the message. :(
It said something to the effect of "It is a normal pewter goblet with the interior stained a dark ruby red and a pentagram symbol on the base"

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get a message when there is item on corpse? I couldnt check that far back in journal when i got my item after server up
It says something like "You notice a curious item on the corpse" when the carrier of the item dies.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats the status on this crap, is it on or off, partly on partly off wth ? And are they sitting up in the office in Va drinking jolt colas laughing about how they're getting paid to do nothing ? I mean seriously already, what were they doing during the time that they last turned it off ? Was everyone all huddled around 1 tiny pc that works half the time, as they type key search words in that mess of a code looking for mistakes ? good grief..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone else getting trade order to the same place? All I am getting is Brit to Minoc... 10 or so in a row...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
got crate killed ambushers got crate back. another group spawned, killed spawn but didn't get crate back, cant recall wasn't on bodies. went to the drop off town says I have no order filled. can we get crate back or just need to resign. I resigned and got crap in pack lol

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just added several unusually colored items a few people had reported to me. A few of them I've now seen multiple times with the same hue - the gnarled staff, bear mask, and ringmail tunic. At least from my personal experience, they always were on the brigand. Might be worth grabbing everything (other than regs, shirt, gems, and pants) off them to check hues later, see if you got anything unusual.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes two of the souls trapped within a phylactery these and several robes leather cloaks, and ring mail items

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does luck suits help ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, Siege P, ran about 10 quests before server down last night and got 2 of the special items (amulet and dried incense). After server up ran about 10 more for zilch. Went to bed, got up , client patched, have run about 20 more for zilch.

Is this thing working or am I totally wasting my time?

Also what is the crate stealing thing? or cart thing whatever? No idea what the burning cart thing is about? Details? Info?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, Siege P, ran about 10 quests before server down last night and got 2 of the special items (amulet and dried incense). After server up ran about 10 more for zilch. Went to bed, got up , client patched, have run about 20 more for zilch.

Is this thing working or am I totally wasting my time?

Also what is the crate stealing thing? or cart thing whatever? No idea what the burning cart thing is about? Details? Info?
Supposedly the items still drop though I have about as much luck as you do... feel as though it's a HUGE waste of time... I don't know how many ambushers I've killed in the last several hours since 2pm Central... but it's a LOT... Then there are periods where nothing will spawn for dang near an hour... freaking annoying. In all that time I've managed to get a mere 2 items... meanwhile those around me are getting them left and right makes me want to scream... It's disgusting... In the meantime I've completed dozen or more runs and put over 1M in the Yew coffers .... but it seems like such a waste of time.

As for the burning crates etc.. for the second day in a row it's been turned off...

Now supposedly Misk is the tester... so if you have issues with things that seriously should have been caught if he had actually done any real trade runs... take it up with him.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure the drops have been turned off. I've killed 50+ ambushers now without a single drop.