• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unattended Scripting Tamers Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be very careful. Lately, when I have been working my taming in Jhelom, many of you have been walking into my gates. Please be more mindful. Several times when it has been evident that you are busy by the two already tamed Bulls and the one you are working on, I have decided to gate myself to Elder Gazers or White Wyrms, only to have you speed into the gate and certain death. I am very sorry for any trouble this has caused you while you run your scripts unattended. I know your time is valuable and it must be very frustrating to have to explain to your client that the reason they are not Legendary yet is because of some dolt like me.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i never thought of doing that, i normally bagball them... I will try this in future :)

Elf.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe... usually when I find a scripting tamer, I'll attack a bull and wait for the script to target it, then drag the bull out of the pen and shut the gate.

They tame, kill, and just stand there till they time out :D

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be very careful. Lately, when I have been working my taming in Jhelom, many of you have been walking into my gates. Please be more mindful. Several times when it has been evident that you are busy by the two already tamed Bulls and the one you are working on, I have decided to gate myself to Elder Gazers or White Wyrms, only to have you speed into the gate and certain death. I am very sorry for any trouble this has caused you while you run your scripts unattended. I know your time is valuable and it must be very frustrating to have to explain to your client that the reason they are not Legendary yet is because of some dolt like me.
So your saying you are deathgating players OK. Ima be camping around paging on you so dont worry.

K

Kiminality

One time, there was someone taming unattended at the healers grove in Ilsh.
I tamed the harts, and led them away, and the script followed them... Almost to Blood Dungeon :spider:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So your saying you are deathgating players OK. Ima be camping around paging on you so dont worry.
In my opinion if the scripter is unattended they are as fair game as any other mindless NPC....

That's my opinion.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If they were attended, they can get themselves either out of, or not into the situation in the first place. Being unattended, they deserve whatever is at the end of a gate the script forces the character to jump into.

No sympathy here for the scriptors, and no support for the misguided pager on someone doing something about them.

U

UOKaiser

I remmemebr once i was taming a guy started killing all the bulls i tried to tame, then he tamed the bulls and took them away to who knows where. Why he do that? Dont know guess so I wouldnt tame maybe he thought i was unattended though he didnt say a word to me i said what the hell to him but ignored me and tamed them and gated them away. Why dont those people get banned I ask you that. Scripters are the least of my problems it's the grifters I detest with a passion.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remmemebr once i was taming a guy started killing all the bulls i tried to tame, then he tamed the bulls and took them away to who knows where. Why he do that? Dont know guess so I wouldnt tame maybe he thought i was unattended though he didnt say a word to me i said what the hell to him but ignored me and tamed them and gated them away. Why dont those people get banned I ask you that. Scripters are the least of my problems it's the grifters I detest with a passion.
Before I do anything to disrupt someone's taming, I usually try talking to them first, if I get no answer, I watch their movements, if they're always stopping in the same spot, or moving in the same pattern, then I'll disrupt a few of their taming attempts, if I still get no answer, then I'll lead them out of the pen to see if they come back in. So far 100% of the time they haven't.

S

Salty Pete

Good luck with that. I am sure one of the two actual GMs from India will be right on top of that with a link to the ea support page showing you a helpful tip about how to cast a magic gate.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. In fact I usually exclaim, "oh well, I am just going to have to go gate myself to tame some White Wyrms", but then they run in, and I don't need to leave.

Are you saying that I cannot use the gate spell while another player is near me? That sounds moronic.

Oh and I am on Atlantic in Tram if you need to find me.

Make sure to say "hi"!

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had to drag someone out of the pen cause they were determined to kill my tamed bull

*mutters to herself about annoying scripters*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there's been a few of those in Europa farmyard too. Easy to spot, and deal with. Especially the guy whose script was buggy - he was following my tamed bull like a little puppy. I led 'em both out and parked em in the forest next to a giant serpent. The gm's do little or nothing about them. So I really don't see the gripe about players dealing with the problem. I've seen others lure to kill em and I wouldn't give up their names no matter what. Good on 'em. I love coming back with my necro a few hours later. The sight of a scripters wee ghostie running round with his nose up a bulls bum makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. More power to the script busters!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is my understanding that the practice of 'death gating' involved gating players who asked for a gate to a known location to an alternative, less safe, location.

The deplorable practice was a deliberate deception on the part of the gate caster.

On the other hand the practice of 'gate jumping' is indulged in by fool hardy gamblers who follow a person into a gate that was cast for the use of the caster only, at their own risk and with no invitation to do so..

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is my understanding that the practice of 'death gating' involved gating players who asked for a gate to a known location to an alternative, less safe, location.

The deplorable practice was a deliberate deception on the part of the gate caster.

On the other hand the practice of 'gate jumping' is indulged in by fool hardy gamblers who follow a person into a gate that was cast for the use of the caster only, at their own risk and with no invitation to do so..
yeah they actually fixed that atleast 100 years ago with the awesome idea of warning anyone who goes thru a gate that doesn't lead to a city with an "Are you sure?" message.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah they actually fixed that atleast 100 years ago with the awesome idea of warning anyone who goes thru a gate that doesn't lead to a city with an "Are you sure?" message.
Which is totally scuppered for scripters because the script recognises only the fact that there's a pop up box with an 'ok' option, and is programmed to click the 'ok'. Oh dear, what a shame ;D

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. In fact I usually exclaim, "oh well, I am just going to have to go gate myself to tame some White Wyrms", but then they run in, and I don't need to leave.

Are you saying that I cannot use the gate spell while another player is near me? That sounds moronic.

Oh and I am on Atlantic in Tram if you need to find me.

Make sure to say "hi"!
Who would have guessed you would be in Tram. Who would have guessed.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tram, Fel, pick a shard. Doesn't really matter. The important bit is to stop em from scripting. I know someone who spent weeks clearing the scripters from Fel Europa. I (along with plenty of others) do what we can to clear em from Tram. Be damned if I'll spend hours training my chars the honest way, then stand by and watch while some lazy ass no brain cheats.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this work?

Don't you have to click "okay" before you go through a gate?

-Galen's player

I thought that too. However, it apparently works on scripts that release then kill tames. I can only conclude that the script mistakes the gate 'ok' for the release pet 'ok' and just clicks it. After all, if you're a bot that's not been programmed to tell the difference, one ok is very much like another!

K

Kiminality

Does this work?

Don't you have to click "okay" before you go through a gate?

-Galen's player

I thought that too. However, it apparently works on scripts that release then kill tames. I can only conclude that the script mistakes the gate 'ok' for the release pet 'ok' and just clicks it. After all, if you're a bot that's not been programmed to tell the difference, one ok is very much like another!
Guardzone to no guardzone requires confirmation.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who would have guessed you would be in Tram. Who would have guessed.
Then you would have been correct. Had I been in Fel, I would have killed him. No wait, sorry. I would have killed then looted him. Hmm.....I wonder about something.

L

Lord Kynd

Tram, Fel, pick a shard. Doesn't really matter. The important bit is to stop em from scripting. I know someone who spent weeks clearing the scripters from Fel Europa. I (along with plenty of others) do what we can to clear em from Tram. Be damned if I'll spend hours training my chars the honest way, then stand by and watch while some lazy ass no brain cheats.
why not ?
i've spet hours, days, weeks, months , years working skills without cheating. yet i have better things to do than worry what someone else does to ruien there UO experiance. that is there problem, not mine.

A

AesSedai

- Good job shanshu.
I love the sound of cheaters' squealing.
Btw, the way shanshu described his method is about the farthest thing from griefing there is: Oh I guess I need to go tame some white wyrms now... love it.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so now Shanshu has resorted to griefing other players :(

i should perhaps go to that spot and oh accidently walk thru that gate and die.. then i can report you :)
not all gates pop the confermation gump up.
Actually, make that "so now Shansu has resorted to griefing unattended bots:)"

That makes much more sense, cause how can you grief a player, when there's no player at the keyboard?

:scholar:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not ?
i've spet hours, days, weeks, months , years working skills without cheating. yet i have better things to do than worry what someone else does to ruien there UO experiance. that is there problem, not mine.

That's a bit like saying that someone driving drunk is their problem not yours. Me, I'd prefer to pick up the phone and have them arrested.

I've just gone to jhelom in tram and found another scripter with a buggy script. Another one that comes and sits on the bull I'm taming and tries to tame it. And follows said bull like a little dog on a lead. He was artied to the nth degree, and everything that could be blessed, was blessed - shield, totem, the whole lot. This isn't a player trying to catch up. This is someone training to either sell on the account or use it to farm gold. People like that do hurt my game, because they affect the ingame economy. That affects me and everyone else. And when they train miners and tailors, that hurts honest players too - it devalues the hard work they put in mining and lumberjacking so they don't actually get a fair price for their hard work. Ditto the pot makers and all the rest of it. So yes, they affect my game and I'm going to do whatever I can to inconvenience the hell out of them. I don't go out of my way looking, but when I find them (I'd really like to say 'if' there, but it's been 'when' for the whole time I've been playing) I'm going to make a point of stopping them.

U

UOKaiser

That's a bit like saying that someone driving drunk is their problem not yours. Me, I'd prefer to pick up the phone and have them arrested.

I've just gone to jhelom in tram and found another scripter with a buggy script. Another one that comes and sits on the bull I'm taming and tries to tame it. And follows said bull like a little dog on a lead. He was artied to the nth degree, and everything that could be blessed, was blessed - shield, totem, the whole lot. This isn't a player trying to catch up. This is someone training to either sell on the account or use it to farm gold. People like that do hurt my game, because they affect the ingame economy. That affects me and everyone else. And when they train miners and tailors, that hurts honest players too - it devalues the hard work they put in mining and lumberjacking so they don't actually get a fair price for their hard work. Ditto the pot makers and all the rest of it. So yes, they affect my game and I'm going to do whatever I can to inconvenience the hell out of them. I don't go out of my way looking, but when I find them (I'd really like to say 'if' there, but it's been 'when' for the whole time I've been playing) I'm going to make a point of stopping them.
Ouch um dont know what to say to that. Im a merchant miner guildleader, role player, pvp, lumber jacker, alchemist, tamer, sampire, spellweaver mage,fisherman,rare collector, Crafter, botanist, bod filler,tailor,hmm am i missing something probably am but anyway my point I dont even have a sec to stop to even attempt to stop a unattended player let alone talk to strangers "customers yea but not strangers" either way for some reason no scripter,cheater ever has effected my business or my wonderings in 11 years

But the ones that have effected me are scammers,griefters,dupers, and um hunters. Scammers cause they come out whith the most idiotic things to waste my time, griefters well cause they just love to grief, dupers well thats obvious they mess up the economy, um hunters cause they target innocent persons not just real un cause they dont know how something is done or just feel to accuse everyone in sight with fake badges. If youre a un Hunter please make sure you get the right person dont for example take away all the bulls so that not only the un cant tame but also anybody else that comes along and wants to tame. Or dont bother and stalk players when they already indicated they are there hell even if they didnt they are not required to answer to anybody but gm's so really make sure you get the right person if you actually have the time to stand around and do this.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Good job shanshu.
I love the sound of cheaters' squealing.
Btw, the way shanshu described his method is about the farthest thing from griefing there is: Oh I guess I need to go tame some white wyrms now... love it.

(I'm not sure what you're wondering shanshu, but I do know Dragkiris is either a cheater or likes to portray one for attention. I'm not trying to smear the username, not at all; I actually really like it when posters express their thoughts, as it makes it easier to see where they stand on issues. Just read some posting history from the past week.)
I was just wondering how much gold these guys have in their accounts. I mean, if I decided to gate to Fel to farm some gazers, and the bot followed me, I assume it would respond "Ok" to the gump when being asked to rez'd too. So if it followed me and I tried to rez the bot, it could just continue to rez and die, over and over, until it's insurance ran out........at which point it could be looted. Or.......just take the short cut and go red. If it is a player at the keyboard, they have a choice to accept the rez or not.

And I am sorry you feel the way you do Lord Kynd, but I tend to agree that there is no way to grief a bot.

I love lamp.

C

Coffin

Wait, you mean I can unattend macro my taming?

Oh thank god. Now I don't have to spend the next 3 months doing nothing but taming and releasing bulls and ridgebacks, while slowly going completely insane.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you would have been correct. Had I been in Fel, I would have killed him. No wait, sorry. I would have killed then looted him. Hmm.....I wonder about something.
I've already scripted...err trained mine up to 120 so you can try to find me there if you want. I may hang around there just to own some random trammy.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already scripted...err trained mine up to 120 so you can try to find me there if you want. I may hang around there just to own some random trammy.
I'm not doing anything to anyone. I am simply playing the game. It's the bots that are killing themselves. You seemed determined to make this about how you are a L33t scripter who didn't get caught. No one cares.

P

peanutbutter

yeah. i'll watch too - i believe you're more likely to be banned after i record you deathgating people than they are by scripting (which you can't prove).

besides, are they hurting you? what is it that they do that is so horrible that you feel you must take action?

what we should be focusing on is exploits and hacks that actually HURT other players.

crafters and trainers don't bother or affect anybody's gameplay.

it's like those people who would invis golems when people trained. why do that? they aren't hurting you. let them be.

if someone is duping or speedhacking or something - by all means, take action if you can. but leave people training alone.

i have no need to train as i have all of my crafters maxed out. i hate tamers and will likely never play one. but i would never try to kill someone just because they are training.

that's lame.

P

peanutbutter

I was just wondering how much gold these guys have in their accounts. I mean, if I decided to gate to Fel to farm some gazers, and the bot followed me, I assume it would respond "Ok" to the gump when being asked to rez'd too. So if it followed me and I tried to rez the bot, it could just continue to rez and die, over and over, until it's insurance ran out........at which point it could be looted. Or.......just take the short cut and go red. If it is a player at the keyboard, they have a choice to accept the rez or not.

And I am sorry you feel the way you do Lord Kynd, but I tend to agree that there is no way to grief a bot.

I love lamp.
some people script attended. people one of the guilds i'm in. but, if they walk through the gate before they can stop the script and die, you haven't griefed a bot. you've griefed a person.

you can try to justify you actions, but the fact is that you are intending to kill these people. you are a 3rd level thinker... 4th at best... which means that you'll probablu never make it to the enlightened 5th or 6th level where there is no right and wrong, only what is beneficial to others.

if it benefits them to train taming that way and if it does no harm to others, you should not stop them. but you'll never understand that. you will only think about yourself, you own "happiness", and you will use "rules" to justify your actions and make yourself feel better about it. rules are not inherently good and those who live by them, those who use them to justify their actions - let us hope that they never procreate.

:fake:

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah. i'll watch too - i believe you're more likely to be banned after i record you deathgating people than they are by scripting (which you can't prove).

besides, are they hurting you? what is it that they do that is so horrible that you feel you must take action?

what we should be focusing on is exploits and hacks that actually HURT other players.

crafters and trainers don't bother or affect anybody's gameplay.

it's like those people who would invis golems when people trained. why do that? they aren't hurting you. let them be.

if someone is duping or speedhacking or something - by all means, take action if you can. but leave people training alone.

i have no need to train as i have all of my crafters maxed out. i hate tamers and will likely never play one. but i would never try to kill someone just because they are training.

that's lame.
I am not killing anyone and I welcome your offer to record a bot walking through a gate, of it's own free will. Are you telling me that I cannot simply open a gate near another character for fear that it will blindly walk through and get itself killed? I guess I don't understand what it is you think I am doing. I am not forcing them through a gate and I am not intentionally misleading anyone either. I do in fact announce where I am gating to.

Also, I disagree with you, if you cheat the skill gain system by using a script then what is to stop you from using one to speed hack or dupe? I mean, I'm sure any site that has links to those unattended scripts also has links to other game damaging content. You can't defend one without defending them all. The system may suck, but it's the one we have. The moment you operate outside that system, you become part of the problem. You justify the need for more and more workarounds, and lets face it, that's what speed hacking and duping are. They are a means to an end, like scripting skills.

If anyone needs a gate, let me know.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some people script attended. people one of the guilds i'm in. but, if they walk through the gate before they can stop the script and die, you haven't griefed a bot. you've griefed a person.

you can try to justify you actions, but the fact is that you are intending to kill these people. you are a 3rd level thinker... 4th at best... which means that you'll probablu never make it to the enlightened 5th or 6th level where there is no right and wrong, only what is beneficial to others.

if it benefits them to train taming that way and if it does no harm to others, you should not stop them. but you'll never understand that. you will only think about yourself, you own "happiness", and you will use "rules" to justify your actions and make yourself feel better about it. rules are not inherently good and those who live by them, those who use them to justify their actions - let us hope that they never procreate.

:fake:
If you do not agree with the rules, do not click "I Accept" when given the choice. If you do anything other than follow the terms after you have clicked that, you are a liar and dishonest. That's your own fault. There are no approved scripts that would allow what you described happen. As far as being a 3rd level thinker goes, I finished three years of college, so that's 15 levels, not including kindergarten which would make 16 levels, which is much higher than 6.

P

peanutbutter

I am not killing anyone and I welcome your offer to record a bot walking through a gate, of it's own free will. Are you telling me that I cannot simply open a gate near another character for fear that it will blindly walk through and get itself killed? I guess I don't understand what it is you think I am doing. I am not forcing them through a gate and I am not intentionally misleading anyone either. I do in fact announce where I am gating to.

Also, I disagree with you, if you cheat the skill gain system by using a script then what is to stop you from using one to speed hack or dupe? I mean, I'm sure any site that has links to those unattended scripts also has links to other game damaging content. You can't defend one without defending them all. The system may suck, but it's the one we have. The moment you operate outside that system, you become part of the problem. You justify the need for more and more workarounds, and lets face it, that's what speed hacking and duping are. They are a means to an end, like scripting skills.

your logic is astoundingly sophmoric.

so, if i go to a bar where a man once ****d a woman, am i a rapist.

you may be too simple to figure that one out.

how bout this...

have the devs ever done something to the game or has the game mechanics ever caused you or a friend lose an item... or, more simply, has the game ever done anything that you didn't agree with - giving one template more advantage over another?

well, by your logic, you should immediatly quit UO, because "You can't defend one without defending them all"

come on. this is simple argumentative logic. you've double-turned yourself and your sense of moral ethics. it's selfish and counter-productive to people who could one day be your friends.

U

UOKaiser

I will have to jump in here. Ive visited these sites and they have a strict policy on duping and a working speed hack other than kr client ofcourse "which allows you to go faster than all 2d players hell am on dsl and whith kr I can outrun or at least keep up whith everyone I encounter" and even unattended scrip for the most popular site. I doubt you will find any site in the internet that will allow you to see a dupe exploit whithout paying. Have you seen the kr macro system? It's getting closer and closer to be able to be done unattended scripting. The dev know the tediousness of raising skills from the old days so they implement scrolls enhance quest skill jewelry character tokens, KR..etc Either way the analogy of a player can go from 2d macro system to uo assit to a scripting program to looking for a hack to dupe doesnt work. It's like saying a jaywalker will become a thief and the thief will become a mass murderer doesnt work.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

how bout this...

have the devs ever done something to the game or has the game mechanics ever caused you or a friend lose an item... or, more simply, has the game ever done anything that you didn't agree with - giving one template more advantage over another?

well, by your logic, you should immediatly quit UO, because "You can't defend one without defending them all"

come on. this is simple argumentative logic. you've double-turned yourself and your sense of moral ethics. it's selfish and counter-productive to people who could one day be your friends.
No, the game has never done anything to me because the game is not a sentient being. Nor does it have wants and desires or a will to exercise. Have I lost items? Sure. Do I take offense to it? No. The items are not real and I agreed to the fact that these things happen when I read the ToS.

Now, you have called me several names in the course of these replies, which I am also sure is a violation of the RoC on these boards. If you are as smart as you would have us believe, why do you feel the need to do such things? Hmmm?

P

peanutbutter

If you do not agree with the rules, do not click "I Accept" when given the choice. If you do anything other than follow the terms after you have clicked that, you are a liar and dishonest. That's your own fault. There are no approved scripts that would allow what you described happen. As far as being a 3rd level thinker goes, I finished three years of college, so that's 15 levels, not including kindergarten which would make 16 levels, which is much higher than 6.
if you finished 3 years of college, you should be well aware of what a 3rd level thinker is. did you sleep through psychology? philosophy? ethics?

a third or fourth level thinker follows the rules. no matter what they are... the same people who supported slavery because it was LAW. the same that oppressed women because it was LAW. the same that... you know what. you won't understand it. the best you can do is make it to level 5 at which point you have a chance of thinking about others before you think about yourself and where you can begin to understand that the law is patriarchal and oppressive and that bending it to benefit people isn't such a horrible thing.

is murder wrong? always?

is speeding wrong? always?

if it is illegal for me to send aid to a underdeveloped country so that children can eat... is it better that i break the law?

again. they are not HURTING you. they are training. there is no reason for you to hurt them.

if there's one thing you should take from this: before you make any decision, no matter how small. imagine that after you make the decision, you are immediately transformed to the person or persons the decision affects. sure on the scale of this discussion, the effects are relatively small... no big deal. but if you live your life by the letter of the law, you will always believe and support laws that hurt, destroy, and kill people. every decision you make forms who you are...

do you want to be that guy?

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to jump in here. Ive visited these sites and they have a strict policy on duping and a working speed hack other than kr client ofcourse "which allows you to go faster than all 2d players hell am on dsl and whith kr I can outrun or at least keep up whith everyone I encounter" and even unattended scrip for the most popular site. I doubt you will find any site in the internet that will allow you to see a dupe exploit whithout paying. Have you seen the kr macro system? It's getting closer and closer to be able to be done unattended scripting. The dev know the tediousness of raising skills from the old days so they implement scrolls enhance quest skill jewelry character tokens, KR..etc Either way the analogy of a player can go from 2d macro system to uo assit to a scripting program to looking for a hack to dupe doesnt work. It's like saying a jaywalker will become a thief and the thief will become a mass murderer doesnt work.
Examples in my pm please.

P

peanutbutter

No, the game has never done anything to me because the game is not a sentient being. Nor does it have wants and desires or a will to exercise. Have I lost items? Sure. Do I take offense to it? No. The items are not real and I agreed to the fact that these things happen when I read the ToS.

Now, you have called me several names in the course of these replies, which I am also sure is a violation of the RoC on these boards. If you are as smart as you would have us believe, why do you feel the need to do such things? Hmmm?
you avoid the subject. i called you sophmoric... maybe i should have said junior, because (as a rule) a junior is a 3rd year student, which fits your status.

sorry, junior.

also, i called you a third or fourth level thinker... is that bad?

what other names did i call you? bad names?

you may have a victim mentality going on here. you might be playing tough guy here because you feel like others have bullied you in game or even irl.

i hope that's not the case - if so, i'm sorry... but blind vengeance won't make it better.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you finished 3 years of college, you should be well aware of what a 3rd level thinker is. did you sleep through psychology? philosophy? ethics?

a third or fourth level thinker follows the rules. no matter what they are... the same people who supported slavery because it was LAW. the same that oppressed women because it was LAW. the same that... you know what. you won't understand it. the best you can do is make it to level 5 at which point you have a chance of thinking about others before you think about yourself and where you can begin to understand that the law is patriarchal and oppressive and that bending it to benefit people isn't such a horrible thing.

is murder wrong? always?

is speeding wrong? always?

if it is illegal for me to send aid to a underdeveloped country so that children can eat... is it better that i break the law?

again. they are not HURTING you. they are training. there is no reason for you to hurt them.

if there's one thing you should take from this: before you make any decision, no matter how small. imagine that after you make the decision, you are immediately transformed to the person or persons the decision affects. sure on the scale of this discussion, the effects are relatively small... no big deal. but if you live your life by the letter of the law, you will always believe and support laws that hurt, destroy, and kill people. every decision you make forms who you are...

do you want to be that guy?

Do you really see accepting the ToS for a game that you elect to play as being on the same level as world hunger or murder?

Do you really think that I am not thinking of others?

Do you really think we aren't all understanding you?

And yes, murder is always wrong, but sometimes necessary. Can you same the same for cheating at a game?

P

peanutbutter

No, the game has never done anything to me because the game is not a sentient being.
it's close.

the AI in games borders on being sentient. at least it is representative of the desires and wants of the developers.

so anything the game does, the developers have caused it to do. every time you die or lose an item or can't log in or whatever, it is the fault of the developers on some level.

do you hate them?

do you think they are wrong?

P

peanutbutter

And yes, murder is always wrong, but sometimes necessary. Can you same the same for cheating at a game?
and yes, scripting MAY be wrong, but also NECESSARY.

can you live with that?

also, please go to JSTOR and do a keyword search "morality and contracts", "the oppression of legal contracts", "media control through contracts", and especially "contracts are not moral promises"

read them.

they will change your life....

suddenly you won't feel so bad about all those songs you pirated. OOOOO, don't say you didn't. lol

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you avoid the subject. i called you sophmoric... maybe i should have said junior, because (as a rule) a junior is a 3rd year student, which fits your status.

sorry, junior.

also, i called you a third or fourth level thinker... is that bad?

what other names did i call you? bad names?

you may have a victim mentality going on here. you might be playing tough guy here because you feel like others have bullied you in game or even irl.

i hope that's not the case - if so, i'm sorry... but blind vengeance won't make it better.
While "junior", "simple" and "sophomoric" may not be what one would typically define as name calling, the inferred tone and intent behind them is the same as using a word that would be filtered out on this site.

It's called a personal attack. Talk your way out of it any way you would like, it is what it is.

Also, heading off to bed now. We all know how these wordy discussions make my poor wittle head hurt. Nite Nite!

P

peanutbutter

Do you really see accepting the ToS for a game that you elect to play as being on the same level as world hunger or murder?
this is the thinking i'm talking about.

you ahve to be able to open up and understand that no action is wrong... no action is right.... only OTHER PEOPLE matter.

it doesn't matter if what that person is doing is wrong. all that matters is how your actions will affect him/her and if those effects will be good or bad... for the both of you.

K

kray2s

how bout this...

Its getting real easy to spot the scripters now isnt it lol!!

UNattended macroing isn't allowed and you ARE breaking the rules to which you clicked the "I Agree" option to.

Attended macroing IS allowed, although frowned upon by some, BUT if you macro attended it is very easy to stop the macro / hide / recall out etc etc before you die from the new location a gate puts you in or even heres an idea if attended click the option that says "NO i dont want to go through that gate.

God damn it!!! Peanut its tha easy.

Gating to other locations whilst other players around you is perfectly ok - How is it the gaters fault if someone stupid enough to go through the gate dies ESPECIALLY when IT IS ANNOUNCED they are going to tame white wyrms.

Basically if you dont want to die dont maco unattended! Hell, go play with something which encourages lame ass, no brainer, lazy scripting idiots!! I hear Barbie Dolls are suffering a slump in sales maybe you could go get some? Oh NO NO wait!!! you need to have brains to use an imagination..

Go cheat elsewhere and stop ruining UO!

P

peanutbutter

While "junior", "simple" and "sophomoric" may not be what one would typically define as name calling, the inferred tone and intent behind them is the same as using a word that would be filtered out on this site.

It's called a personal attack. Talk your way out of it any way you would like, it is what it is.

Also, heading off to bed now. We all know how these wordy discussions make my poor wittle head hurt. Nite Nite!
could be a personal attack - and i might have partially meant it that way... but the bulk of the intent was to show that your statement (NOT YOURSELF) was lacking in inspired logic.

it was bragging... originally. you were bragging about killing people who weren't bothering you.

then you tried to justify it.

your justification was lacking in good reason (that doesn't mean you are unreasonable).

that's all.

not an attack... just think about others before yourself. make sure you wouldn't want people to do to you what you have done to them.... that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.