• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammies won? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_mr.blackmage

Competition, yes... Probably direct. However, it was like .01% of the market, heh.

G

Well, if the current UO is so good and so great...

Where is the Advertising for it?

Where are the players?

Why do I never see it on the shelf at the store?

Why has the number of posts seen here in U-Hall dropped like an anvil?

Where are all of the new posters and players on the shards?

Someone else made a good point. So the Trammys have won UO. I don't have a problem saying that, they did win UO.

They won a game that nobody cares about anymore. The Dev positions have been revolving doors around here.

So Surgeries and all of you "Trammel Whoo Hoo" boys and girls:

You can have your game. Nobody cares about it anymore. You win. Everyone else is playing something a lot more fun, where the Dev Team cares about it's player base, where the graphics are actually nice to look at and where it's advertising and attracting new players.

Have fun.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Bud_Weiser
Re: Coming Back [Re: WaterDragon1987]
#7632921 - 02/19/08
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Is it worth coming back to this game? Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

*slaps WD with his Epic Meat Cleaver*

Don't you even think about it. There is so much wrong with this game it's not even funny. Go play Shoots and Ladders, I am sure the Dev Team is better then the crack team of interns and high schoolers Mythic has employed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! just checking ... kinda sounded like a quitter ...
Or a sore loser on the outside looking in ..

Whatever ...
inspite of dis-agreement ... everyone else was pretty much trying to champion their position ... FOR change ...one way or another ...
For continuing to play ... more ...

ie. haven't quit yet ...

we'll (maybe) give ya a call ...
when/if we need a
Happy happy pawl bearer

G

Ok, what exactly does me making a post in the Pac forums have anything to do about this thread? Is it your high and mighty attempt to flame me through superior intellect or something? He was asking if he should play the game or not. I told him not to.

What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing.

Be a sore looser much? are you angry that your game, which you think is the be all and end all of all MMORPGs is slowly falling apart at the seems?

LRN2B70, KTHXBAI.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

Sneaky: Free shards are free, and Siege is mostly empty. So you have some free pirate shards that don't charge a dime, an empty production shard, and some failed PVP MMO. Woo. All you're telling me with that freeshard crap is that nobody will pay money to play your sort of game.

Link0: We're not interested in the "challenge" of "taking land back" from you. It's not the game we came to play. Sit in your empty land and cry about it.

G

Ok, whatever. This is the typical Trammelite arguement. They know that they have won and they are going to be smug about it.

That's fine tho. Cause all the other games, you know, the ones that have big player bases and full time Developers, will be around long after UO is gone.

It's already started.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

So what MMOG PRIOR to EQ was UO in direct competition with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if there were 0 does that mean UO's population wouldn't have still grown?

How in the hell would we even know? It never happened. You infer that just because Trammel was here... UO was a success.

The chart shows that when there was Felucca only the subscriptions numbers did nothing but increase... not plateau. It says nothing about when that type of game would have peaked... it does tell you where Trammel UO peaks tho, and that isn't very high.

Take Siege for example... prior to AoS the shard was filled to the brim with people... and we are on consensus that AoS is why people quit. Not just insurance but the way it broke our system.

You have no idea where Ultima Online would have peaked if the focus would of remained on Feluccan ideals rather than those found in other games... your OH so important other games.

You have no idea what would of happened if Ultima went the way of Felucca... you know, the way this game was designed.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

people probably would pay money if there was a subscription fee for some of those free shards... It isn't legal though, that's the reason they are free (from my understanding).

I

imported_Skrag

I used to play Siege in the pre-AOS era, believe it or not. Not in depth or for more than a month, but long enough to notice nobody was there. So don't BS.

G

tell you what, lets burst everyones bubble, Trammel is the land that is here, and it may or may not be the reason that uo subscriptoins capped Right when it came out....., and publish 16 happened, and that may or may not be the reason everyone is quitting, but i still have my castle in fel....
and fel may be under-populated and we may never know how uo would do if it went back to the way it was when people payed attention to this game, but atleast we who thrive in fel aren't missing out on a whole slice of the game, we still can venture to any land we like, and not be paranoid about what is going on.

but grant me this answer, who would it hurt to have one shard, similar to siege that tests that theory? one without the item based changes of publish 16, that is the only change, you can even toss in trammel, hell, dont even budget for advertisement, word of mouth should work.... keep it up for like 3 months, and see what the population does... whos pride would that hurt?
and that isnt a request for a retro shard. that is a request for one mistake to be fixed...

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

tell you what, lets burst everyones bubble, Trammel is the land that is here, and it may or may not be the reason that uo subscriptoins capped Right when it came out....., and publish 16 happened, and that may or may not be the reason everyone is quitting, but i still have my castle in fel....
and fel may be under-populated and we may never know how uo would do if it went back to the way it was when people payed attention to this game, but atleast we who thrive in fel aren't missing out on a whole slice of the game, we still can venture to any land we like, and not be paranoid about what is going on.

but grant me this answer, who would it hurt to have one shard, similar to siege that tests that theory? one without the item based changes of publish 16, that is the only change, you can even toss in trammel, hell, dont even budget for advertisement, word of mouth should work.... keep it up for like 3 months, and see what the population does... whos pride would that hurt?
and that isnt a request for a retro shard. that is a request for one mistake to be fixed...

[/ QUOTE ]

That IS a request for a retro shard ... just cause you say it isn't ...

WOW who supposedly has ... all the time and money and talent to waste ...
doesn't want to even try two client versions ...

You're merely asking for UO to try for a fourth ... 2D, KR, Siege/Mugen, &amp; 4) Retro ...

Surprisingly, (not really) WoWs decision makers ... give the same reasons as have been bandied about HERE

for years.

B

Babble

You could make it with one client version two instead of two.

Depends how you do it I guess.

I

imported_Traveller

<blockquote><hr>

Reason #1 that free shards are more popular.
Because they are free.
You cannot compare playstyles and all this other crap to freeshards.
They are FREE and will immediately be more popular.
Because they are free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed there. No comparison between free and OSI is possible. Still I wonder why the most popular freeshard is fel-only...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Still I wonder why the most popular freeshard is fel-only...

[/ QUOTE ]
PvM players didn't quit en masse becaues of trammel or AoS. They quit because other games offered better PvM and updated content. It makes perfect sense that the biggest freeshard is fel only.

I

imported_Skrag

Because if you want to play Trammel UO, you're already playing UO.

Also, this thing people are spewing now? "UO peaked three years after Trammel, BUT REALLY IT WAS TRAMMEL THAT MADE IT DECLINE!!1!" That thing? Totally hilarious.

Face it boys, nobody regrets nerfing PK. Not the players, and not the beancounters. The game went on to enjoy a long and successful run while you sat in Fel by yourselves and cried.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Reason #1 that free shards are more popular.
Because they are free.
You cannot compare playstyles and all this other crap to freeshards.
They are FREE and will immediately be more popular.
Because they are free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed there. No comparison between free and OSI is possible. Still I wonder why the most popular freeshard is fel-only...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you do have to wonder... True, you cannot compare OSI and Free Shards...but you can compare Free Shards as you alluded to. Yes, the most popular Free Shards are Fel-Only. So, all things being equal in the Free-to-Play arena, the ruleset DOES matter. Interesting, that is...

Anywho, here we have the same arguments that Surgeries/Fayled Dreams has always joined in. Nice to see that the points and tactics used by that person have not changed a bit. Nice to see that people are still saying the exact same things they have been saying for YEARS...all the while UO subscriptions have been steadily declining. Kinda like the captain going down with the ship. I applaud your steadfast support of the game that UO has become. Its a shame that you are not joined by many others in the gaming community...or any community on any meaningful scale for that matter... Must be a lonely existence championing the a cause that only a very select few believe in.

Well, regardless of what anyone says for any side in this argument, there is one thing that you really can't argue with. There was the opportunity for UO to become something far more than what it did become. Games like WoW prove this point. The path that UO took fell FAR short of this opportunity(1 UO subscriber to 85 WoW subscribers as a very rough estimate/example). UO has shown no growth over the years and is in a steady state of decline. The plateau AND steady state of decline both occurred under the Trammel Ruleset in a generic sense.

And more importantly, we would not still be having this argument and UO would be MUCH more successful if the drastic changes made to the game were the RIGHT changes to make for the future of UO and its playerbase. I agree that the changes to UO were the right changes to make for the Playerbase that UO currently has, but they were not the right changes for UO's playerbase then.

And, they certainly were not the right changes to make UO a dominant game in the MMORPG market. Numbers don't lie...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also, this thing people are spewing now? "UO peaked three years after Trammel, BUT REALLY IT WAS TRAMMEL THAT MADE IT DECLINE!!1!" That thing? Totally hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]Totally hilarious that you think its totally hilarious... You're neglecting a LOT of facts there i'm afraid.

1.) Housing Rule Changes
2.) BOD Systems Added
3.) Skill Gain Changes

ALL of these changes encouraged CURRENT players to open more accounts for houses, BOD mules, or simply cause it was easier to finish off one player and work on the next. NONE of these changes really did anything to add NEW players to the game. They just rung a little more out of the current playerbase...just bled them a little more...prolonging the inevitable.

Yeah, completely hilarious. I agree...

I

imported_Skrag

It is the year 2049. In the heady aftermath of World War 5, a new and more advanced form of entertainment has arisen. Utilizing the latest in neuro-sensitive technology, new Massively Multiplayer Online Virtual Universes immerse countless players into an artificial reality more believable than the real world. World of Starcraft 5, latest in that venerable series, claims over one billion players alone.

Ultima Online is now 52 years old. Buried under competition from generation after generation of advancement, and unnoticed by the brave new world of MMOVU gamers, a few historians bid a silent farewell as Walmart-EA Retail Interactive finally shuts the ancient game down. And somewhere in a nursing home just outside the radioactive zone in Neo New Hampshire, an elderly former PK suddenly stands up from his wheelchair and exclaims "AH HA! I knew it was only a matter of time until Trammel killed UO!"

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is the year 2049. In the heady aftermath of World War 5, a new and more advanced form of entertainment has arisen. Utilizing the latest in neuro-sensitive technology, new Massively Multiplayer Online Virtual Universes immerse countless players into an artificial reality more believable than the real world. World of Starcraft 5, latest in that venerable series, claims over one billion players alone.

Ultima Online is now 52 years old. Buried under competition from generation after generation of advancement, and unnoticed by the brave new world of MMOVU gamers, a few historians bid a silent farewell as Walmart-EA Retail Interactive finally shuts the ancient game down. And somewhere in a nursing home just outside the radioactive zone in Neo New Hampshire, an elderly former PK suddenly stands up from his wheelchair and exclaims "AH HA! I knew it was only a matter of time until Trammel killed UO!"

[/ QUOTE ]And somewhere in a Rocky Mountains cave, two lonely guys are playing a text-based MUD against each other saying it is the best game ever...in their own little world...and they're absolutely right...in their own little world...still wildly successful...in their own little world...

But hey, if you want to put blinders on to 99.9% of the world, you can be wildly successful in your own...little...self-created...world...

Life is all about perspective. I hope this puts UO's "success" in perspective for all of you.

Then maybe, MAYBE, we can work towards making UO successful on a slightly larger scale.

I

imported_Skrag

UO has long since peaked. There's no "more successful than ever" for a game this old, rulesets and expansions be damned.

I

imported_Traveller

<blockquote><hr>

UO has long since peaked. There's no "more successful than ever" for a game this old, rulesets and expansions be damned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which only justifies moving on...

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You Betcha I was there.

Been Playing Baja since the fall of 1997. Some have played longer. Not many but some. And I didn't cease playing during my 10 + years.

Elladan

I

imported_Skrag

It's a simple matter of business cycle, and it holds true for every game. Growth, peak, decline. God, any game over a couple years old is usually at the decline stage. Most games are in the decline stage for most of their lives. It's just the way things work. WoW is taking longer to peak than most, but it'll happen there too. Thing is, they'll have so many players by then that they can rule the genre for years to come while still technically declining.

G

Eh, you can't really make that argument. Just because games have, in the past, peaked and declined does not mean that MMORPG's will always peak and then decline. Perhaps nobody has made a good enough product yet that can sustain itself indefinitely through changes, updates, expansions, etc... The whole business model is completely different now. You used to play out "New Game", then they'd come out with the sequel, and you'd play that out, then play the next sequel... Now its expansions and updates instead of sequels.

Theoretically, if you get the expansions, updates, and changes in line with what the consumer-base wants, you've got a product that won't decline because we all know that gaming isn't going to go away.

No, I don't subscribe to the cycle idea. I just think people haven't gotten it right yet, though WoW seems to be doing well with what they offer even if I can't stand that game.

I

imported_Skrag

Oh god. It's not some crap I made up, it's called the "product life cycle" and it's been a signifigant concept in business and marketing since before either of us were born. The fact that every MMO ever released thus far just happens to conform to this cycle ought to tell you something.

I mean, I know what you're getting at. In theory, with patches and expansions and whatnot, you could keep changing and updating a game forever, keeping it fresh and more or less at a plateau indefinitely. But reality never, ever, ever works that way.

In reality, you end up with UO. Namely, patched a billion times into spaghetti-code, with no two players who agree on exactly when the game was "perfect" and should have stopped changing. (After Publish 16 but before AoS was my favorite.) And anyway, the competition will always be more agile than your 'never-ending game' and will beat the crap out of you.

The competitor's new game is fresh. It doesn't have any baggage. It doesn't have an existing playerbase it has to worry about alienating. It doesn't have any old technology or legacy code that it has to try to adapt to new tasks. It can sit back and take everything it learned from watching your success, without having to imitate any of your mistakes. It can throw a new name and new marketing angle out there to grab people who were just never that interested in your game to begin with.

There's a reason we're driving newer models of car and not just a super-upgraded Model T.

I mean, change the game to keep attracting players? That's what every single MMO in the world already tries to do.

G

Awwww...Monopoly is still around and I happen to love my 1958 Corvette!

G

damn eladdan, took you a bit, i figured you had, what with you riding those polar bears all the time and all. and just so you know, i fought beside you in the mag invasion.

but as for the "fel died, and uo is still ticking" idea, of course it is, and there are allways those that will sit idle still paying for the game, and playing it with its content, hoping that some day it will change for the better, all the while knowing which direction it has headed all those years.. but personally to all of you i would like to ask, why is it that everytime this subject gets brought up, and it gets brought up alot, it far exceeds any other subject? for people, and a good number of people on each side? wouldnt you think uo could double their population by taking both sides into consideration and creating some sort of middle ground? and to the Retro-shard comment, asking for one thing to be removed from publish 16 isnt asking for everything from then on to be removed, no matter now nice that would be, that wasnt what was asked. retro shard would be everything turned back to what it was.

G

<blockquote><hr>

why is it that everytime this subject gets brought up, and it gets brought up alot, it far exceeds any other subject?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it's just a pointless tribal flamewar?

G

ah, but you cannot say it is pointless, both sides have their points that we defend tooth and nail, what i am saying is that there are clearly two sides, and a large number on both sides, why is it that this subject gets so little attention from the devs?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ah, but you cannot say it is pointless, both sides have their points that we defend tooth and nail, what i am saying is that there are clearly two sides, and a large number on both sides, why is it that this subject gets so little attention from the devs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because there is nothing they can do about it. A change in either direction takes more resources than are currently available or available in the near future.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say there "is a large number" on both sides.

Let's just say...the Devs do know the actual numbers, on both sides of the debate...and their lack of action, for your side would indicate:

1. They are ignoring "The Large Number" of people on your side.

OR

2. Your hypothesis is incorrect, and there is a large number on ONE side...but not your side

Which would then lead us to:

They:

1. Are ignorant of which side HAS the "Large Numbers"

OR

2. They are taking action on the side of the side that HAS the "Large Number".

I am going with #2, on both counts...

G

what other way do they hve to tell who likes and dislikes the two styles other than these type boards?

you cannot tell by who spends time where nowadays because even the people that prefer fel alot of time spend time in tram for the lack of companions in fel

these boards are where the people come while chilling at the bank afk

people in fel dont sit at the bank afk for the danger of being stolen from, or pk'd...
PvPers and PvMers are active bunches, thus alot of people dont spend their time on boards like this.. so maybe the people with my opinion have yet to voice it... also
the people with your opinion is growing simply because they are not aware of what once was...

G

<blockquote><hr>

what other way do they hve to tell who likes and dislikes the two styles other than these type boards?

you cannot tell by who spends time where nowadays because even the people that prefer fel alot of time spend time in tram for the lack of companions in fel

these boards are where the people come while chilling at the bank afk

people in fel dont sit at the bank afk for the danger of being stolen from, or pk'd...
PvPers and PvMers are active bunches, thus alot of people dont spend their time on boards like this.. so maybe the people with my opinion have yet to voice it... also
the people with your opinion is growing simply because they are not aware of what once was...

[/ QUOTE ]
You haven't been reading or posting on these boards long enough because you obviously have no clue whatsoever what you are talking about. These boards are way out of proportion the players of the game. Developers over time have made various comments stating so. Don't assume the people who post here are anything more than a small sample of the UO playerbase because the opinion here are surely not the opinions by large in the actual game of UO.

The funny thing about your statement is you don't realize(apparently) the pvp community has a greater proportion of voices here than they do in game. If this was not true the game would be different.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

So either UO reinvents itself or it is at the end of its cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no miracle expansion EA could produce that would suddenly push UO back up to 250k subscribers or whatever. Even if the expansion were just that awesome, the game is ten years old and most people have moved on.

Quit worrying about it. According to the most recent numbers available on the Bruce Chart, UO has about 110k subscribers. That's a fart in the wind next to something like WoW, but so what? It's still more than Asheron's Call, Dungeons &amp; Dragons Online, Vanguard, or Star Wars Galaxies has. It's just about equal to what Asheron's Call had at it's peak five years ago.

So quit sweating. UO is an aging old beast whose greatest popularity is behind it. But it's doing quite well for its age.

G

Well, when you alienate the other side, of course one side has the large numbers...DUH!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, when you alienate the other side, of course one side has the large numbers...DUH!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure you could put that more simply, but if they dont get it by now i dont think they will

G

Let me see if i can break down the way i feel without hurting anyones feelings... not sure that it will make a difference...

1. I joined this game for the interaction i get with other people, and becuse this world leaves me an out from the one i live in.... I Dont have a bad life, i just like to get into this one for the wonderment it can provide, and the fact that i can be anything i want here, be it Warrior, Mage, Thief, or even a Craftsman...

2. People in this game are not divided into two groups, though there are those who would say they are, and i have even mis-spoken before in hasty words saying they were... there are those that would have it that way and say that everyone that PvP's is a ganking Murdering, scripting [censored] who speedhacks and all, but that just isnt the case... PvPers have a wanting to challenge some other person to a game that is the same as Chess, or Checkers, or Dominoes.. so that we can claim King of the Hill for a brief moment or two, a real PvPer does not use scripts or anything to give them an upper hand on their opponent... the spice in pvp is to know that your opponent is on equal ground and that out of your personal brain power and not anything else you can defeat this opponent... Not from Running faster, or from wearing better armor, because that doesnt prove your skill, That is the reason for my comments on things to do with Publish 16, because up until that point, you had things like Force, Power, and Vanquishing weapons, but people rarely used them, and when they did, it wasnt for PvP because there was no insurance, and they didnt want to lose them....

3. The reason people PvM is kinda the same as PvP in that they are there to challenge the hardest monsters in game up to the point they are at, and they are allways up for the next thing UO can throw at them, They Collect their treasures the same as a PvPer and still, the same as pvpers, they show you their accomplishments locked down on the floor of their home, or on their clothing so that they can compare to each other, and show where they stand in this world....

4. People dont come to fel, and people quit this game, and or sit back and get so frustrated because of peoples upper hand on everything they go and do, and I wouldnt even go so far as to say it is more or less apparent in PvP or PvM, it is just different, in PvP those that cant make it regularly get things to make them feel like they can, by downloading some gimp script or speedhack, then rezkilling people over and over, or they get with a group... while group PvPing can be respected and countered, i have absolutely no respect for scripters or speed hackers, that IS NOT PvP. and in PvM, people use programs that do the same thing in effect, such as gold farming, that is why at any given time, you could to go that new dungeon in New Jhelom, and see someone just standing there and killing those demon types over and over, or you can see people recalling around, mining a spot, over and over and over till there is no ore, never moving, then recalling again, only to come back and do the same thing, that is a script..... or pot chugging when a dragon hits you for too much, there are auto healers for PvP and PvM.....

When i asked for new content in fel, it wasn't a request for anything to help out those that are there with the scripts or the hacks, it was to help out the land..... those that use anytype of third party program, including some aspects of UOA should be banned, so that these people who have such a low view of Fel, and say that there are reasons apon reasons that they dont go to fel might see what fel was origionaly about..... and like i said earlier, they may even get the chance to like it....

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...prophetic....almost...

Love the Pronoun Speak too!
You ALMOST had me buying...

An Obvious Board Warrior!!

LOL

You are reading the Dev's minds again, aren't you, Lightshade?

I thought you left...I guess not.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

because up until that point, you had things like Force, Power, and Vanquishing weapons, but people rarely used them, and when they did, it wasnt for PvP because there was no insurance, and they didnt want to lose them....

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;Snip&gt;...you are speaking out yer arse, Link.

They used em in groups of 3-8 PKers...they used em.

I was there...I assure you...you are incorrect as hell, in just this one statement, save all the rest.

Please don't try to sell a load like that...anyone who played back then knows dang well what happened. People that played back then that didn't enjoy the Non-Con outnumbered those that enjoyed it.

There is no way that Trammel would have been stuffed in if that WASN'T the case.

As Phantus told you...the game would be different if there was a large number, or even a majority, of players in UO, based on EA/Origin research, as well as actual shard and facet populations, to support that.

There isn't.

And people used Invulnerable Armor, and Vanq Katanas back in the day...all the time, particularly the PKs.

The Gankees would lose THEIR stuff, when discovered byu the 3-8 group, that was very well equipped with exactly what you say people didn't use much...so single players would have to carry those prized weps and armors at their own peril.

But oh yeah...the Gank Squads carried all the very best stuff...because they knew THEY would likely not lose a thing...

G

Thank you for clarifying surg, maybe i am mistaken about the gank squad taking vanqs, i was only in a gank squad after trammel hit, into the time of factions, and that was because i was in the faction against another faction, i never found a group of 3-4 gankers too hard though unless they were speedhacking because i payed for a decent connection, and you cuold usually easily lose the other 2-3 and get one by themselves.... secret about gankers is usually they dont do well without others...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...prophetic....almost...

Love the Pronoun Speak too!
You ALMOST had me buying...

An Obvious Board Warrior!!

LOL

You are reading the Dev's minds again, aren't you, Lightshade?

I thought you left...I guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Now I am so glad that I don't really post here anymore. Your posts have been nothing but flames and bashing. You can't make a point without putting someone down or their playstyle. Good work.

Typical Trammelite.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

time on boards like this.. so maybe the people with my opinion have yet to voice it... also

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah we are here and we are great in number, we make our wishes known, and we get trolled (see previous pages in this thread) for doing so.

It is not our fault that SOME people cannot face the real facts. The fact that ya know, Trammel is not the be all and end all? We don't want to hurt Tram, we only want to be treated as equals, since we all pay the same amount to play this game, I think that is only fair. Sadly some people can't understand that.

The fact that this thread continues to exist is testimony to the fact that people DO CARE.

...and who says the Dev's aren't listening ay? Considering we have a new team, and so far since they moved to Mythic's studio have seemed to be on the right track, I think now is probably the best opportunity we have had in years to make our voices heard.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Wow. Now I am so glad that I don't really post here anymore. Your posts have been nothing but flames and bashing. You can't make a point without putting someone down or their playstyle. Good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Your posts were always a breath of fresh air, sunshine, and ALWAYS seeing the good, in just everything. This one included. I guess we could all learn a lot from going back and examining your fragrant and wholesome posting style, so we could emulate it more, and be a kinder, gentler poster.

Here...have a Flower.

But there IS one thing neither of us miss...You posting here.

Are you going to go away soon, maybe?

Real soon, maybe?

I wouldn't miss it if you did...or even if you do...I promise...
...heh and meh.

<blockquote><hr>

Typical Trammelite

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...some things never change, eh Bud?

We should all be the caring, magnanimous, and Friendly Fellie that you always brought to the boards, eh?

ROFL...too funny.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

I remember when Trammel opened, and nobody went there. Yep. Everyone was like "Pah, why would I want to give up all this awesome excitement and player justice?!" And they all stayed in Felucca, their monster hunting and stuff enhanced by the unpredictable fun of non-consent PVP.

Oh wait, that isn't how it went, is it?

Trammel opened, and everyone packed in there so fast it made your head spin. Longstanding communities were sundered because everyone was willing to give up their years-old player towns just to get out of Felucca. There was no Doom or Tokuno or anything else back then. Just an escape from the ganking crap.

Explain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Your posts were always a breath of fresh air, sunshine, and ALWAYS seeing the good, in just everything. This one included. I guess we could all learn a lot from going back and examining your fragrant and wholesome posting style, so we could emulate it more, and be a kinder, gentler poster.

Here...have a Flower.

But there IS one thing neither of us miss...You posting here.

Are you going to go away soon, maybe?

Real soon, maybe?

I wouldn't miss it if you did...or even if you do...I promise...
...heh and meh.

<blockquote><hr>

Typical Trammelite

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...some things never change, eh Bud?

We should all be the caring, magnanimous, and Friendly Fellie that you always brought to the boards, eh?

ROFL...too funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I should just grief you on the boards like I would have done in game... had you been man enough to come to Fel while I was still playing. I would have PK'ed you until your fingers bled. Stole everything you own. But then of course you would have run back to Tram and never come back, but it still would have been fun.

Anywho, no. I don't think I will be going anywhere. I may just stick around and offer a Fel viewpoint. In between AV's of course. I know you don't know what that is Surgeries, as you're stuck in such an archaic game.

Let me know when you're going to go to Wow. Let me know what realm, also. I would LOVE to meet you in game. And then kill you, and kill your quest givers.

Over and over and over and over again.

ROTFL... to funny. (Notice proper spelling)

C

Connor_Graham

"ROTFL... to funny. (Notice proper spelling) "

Actually "to" should be spelled as "too" in this context...

Oh and AV's are by far the easiest ones to do....

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You know, I should just grief you on the boards like I would have done in game...

[/ QUOTE ]

The "True" Inner Person displayed in this post...

Please Bud...if you have the gumption...give it a whirl.

I am an easy target...oh yeah...easy indeed.

<blockquote><hr>

had you been man enough to come to Fel while I was still playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that "Going to Fel" was a determinant of Manhood...I thought it meant you liked Non-Con PvP, and Leg Humping Thieves, like you were, Bud...hmmm...wow...I MAY have to rethink my predjudices towards Fel...

OK...I got that rethinking done.

I WAS in "Fel"...well Sosaria, anyways, since Beta. I saw enough to know that I didn't enjoy that game play...so did a LOT of others...

So...no...manhood isn't determined by going to Fel, and wasn't when you played, either...at least to many, many people, other than your Leg Humping little Thief, of course...anyways...

<blockquote><hr>

But then of course you would have run back to Tram and never come back, but it still would have been fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...girly man, eh? Whatever floats your boat, Bud. I hated the game play in "Britannia" Pre-Pre UOR...and so did LOTS of "Other" Girly Men, and Girly Girls, I would hazard to guess...

Looking down and seeing a Leg Humping Thief, like You, doing what they enjoyed oh so very much, just failed to make enough people happy, Bud...you know what I'm saying? It was that look on your little toons faced, as they went at it down there...a little disgusting, to be honest...all the drool, and all...but again, I am sure that you will never get how abhorrent it was to people just trying to play UO for "Their" idea of fun, which didn't involve griefing other players.

Of course you don't...

It's OK...It will likely never be able to sink in...

You can't soak water into granite...unless of course...it's cracked...

<blockquote><hr>

Anywho, no. I don't think I will be going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh goody!!

I just filled this up for you, then

*Pats Patented Surgical Flamethrower*

I hope you brought better clothes than THOSE!!

If you do post here, I will take extreme pleasure in every surgical stroke I make to your drivel. If you don't...well...I will learn to live with it. I will enjoy it, either way...so you do whatever melts your butter, Bud.
I will be right here.

<blockquote><hr>

I may just stick around and offer a Fel viewpoint. In between AV's of course. I know you don't know what that is Surgeries, as you're stuck in such an archaic game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if I know what "AVs" are. I don't play "WoW". Not that there's anything wrong with playing WoW, mind you. Far be it from me to denigrate your choice of Game Play, Bud...

But hey...how IS that Thieving, and Ganking your own Guildies going, over there, in your "AV's", and "WoW", eh Bud? They got good Leg Humping action to keep you going all night?

I didn't think they allowed those things in WoW, Bud...but you left UO FOR WoW...which means that you left a game that still allows you to grief willing subjects, for a game that doesn't...hmmm...doesn't make much sense.

Oh wait...sure it does.

Because you lost all of your willing subjects, and EA wouldn't give them back!!

Boy...you sure showed us, eh, Bud?

I like UO, and I like it just the way I play it. Since you don't pay my bill, I will play it just the way I like it...without Leg Humping Bozos, like YOUR toon, who just gets off on messing up what other people consider to be fun, in the game that they play.

You know...the kind of people that got Trammel invented, and Thieves nerfed into oblivion.

If you have a mirror handy, take a look in it. That person staring back screwed YOUR UO up real bad...yes they did.

<blockquote><hr>

Let me know when you're going to go to Wow. Let me know what realm, also. I would LOVE to meet you in game. And then kill you, and kill your quest givers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...you just let ME know what realm YOU play.

Then I will join YOUR side, and grief YOU, by being on YOUR SIDE!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Evil Griefing Surgeries!!

Maybe WoW will then create a special "Bud Land", where only YOU are on YOUR side, and then YOU can kill and grief and steal and leg hump from EVERYONE!! Because you would be SO sad that Surgeries can't be killed BY YOU WITHOUT CONSENT!!!

Go enjoy WoW, Bud. I am sure you don't mind me not being on your side, and I don't miss your posts, nor you being over in Fel doing to legs what you did best, and I am sure that no more than a handful of people do.
I am sure some do...indeed.

Just not enough to make any difference.

<blockquote><hr>

Over and over and over and over again.

ROTFL... to funny. (Notice proper spelling)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since I enjoy UO too much to play another MMO, and don't feel a need to, since I don't have to anywhere else, to get what makes me happy, I guess you will just need to take your little "over and over and over"...and go do that to someone else, Bud. I will, however, slap you senseless, here on the forums, in front of everyone, over, and over, and over...

Well...as long as you keep posting, so I can...

You WILL do that for me, won't you, Bud?

G

Replying to Surgeries simply because it is amusing to watch him spend pages on these boards to type up the same things as always.

Anywho, on to other things...

I'd like to address the "gank squad" topic on the previous page of posts and the apparent flight away from Felucca.

First of all, I do remember how certain groups would go out with the powerful weapons and try to gank people...and I also remember the ghosts coming back into town. I remember people with Spirit Speak talking to them even before they were rez'd. I remember people gathering at the bank before the newly rez'd made it there. I remember them throwing on their GM suits and hashing out plans. I remember them grabbing their 2nd or 3rd best weapons and in a few cases their best...and I remember them all working together to go fight back. I remember the teamwork. I remember the conversations. I remember the friendships formed by many total strangers.

I remember how some people did not just take their dirt nap and sit there and stare at the grayscale screen while they pulled up the UO message boards and simultaneously launched a Help Page and typed up a rant.

I remember some people that found perfect strangers, teamed up, and went back and picked off the guy with the best weapon first. How someone made a mad dash back to town with the weapon. I remember after the repeated battles where the opposing side kept hoping that someone would go back out with the weapon. I remember the bargaining afterwards as they tried to buy it back. I remember dividing up the profits and resupplying my warrior and fledgling mage.

As far as the Mass Exodus from Felucca when Trammel opened up. Please...

Housing was a premium back then. Rulesets had nothing to do with it at that point. Everyone who had been sharing a house suddenly had the opportunity to have their own home. They didn't care where it was. They didn't care about the ruleset. They wanted a house! Sure, there were people who thought that the ruleset change would make having a house in Trammel better, but to say that was the reason for people flooding to Trammel would be quite a leap of logic.

The chance for a house was the motivating factor then...and then the chance to sell said house.

Status
Not open for further replies.