• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammies won? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

You are reading the Dev's minds again, aren't you, Lightshade?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that, given the steady decline of UO subscriptions, that the Dev's should be more worried about reading my mind...or someone else's mind...

Lets face it, what's been going on in theirs just ain't making the cut.

So, no, I am not reading their minds, nor do I care what they are thinking. Their "vision" of things simply is not working. Their intentions are good i'm sure. Who would want to sabotage their job?

The problem is that regardless of their intentions and them "knowing" what the players want, they have been consistently failing for years now.

They avoided failing catastrophically, so far, though. Kudos for that I guess.

G

Well, assuming what you said about the population was true, though I would absolutely love to see where you got those numbers from, it is irrelevant.

Its simple really. There are two paths towards the same goal. One is frought with difficulty and setbacks and one is not. The rewards were exactly the same then. Which path does a logical person take?

It had nothing to do with Rulesets. It was simple logistics and desire to achieve goals in the quickest manner possible. Its kinda like walking ten miles to work or riding a car the ten miles to work. Both will get you the same paycheck in the end....

G

Regardless, let me get to what I really think. Perhaps this needs a new topic, idunno, but here goes:

I am not for a Feluccan Ruleset like we traditionally had. I am not for a Trammellite Ruleset like we have. I am for a set of rules that balances the safety of Trammel with the "reality" of Felucca in a manner that has a logical content addition to the game.

Personally, I believe the Feluccan Ruleset Alienates a large portion of potential players. Just the same, the Trammel Ruleset ALSO alienates a large portion of the potential playerbase. Having the "either/or" choice that we have now does not in actuality work. It causes the "easier path" and in the end alienates people who like to play a more Feluccan style of play. Also, it just creates division amongst the players and encourages arguments like this...further dividing the playerbase...or alienating players.

There needs to be a happy middle ground that has aspects of both rulesets, but does it in a way that incorporates it into the game. It can't just be a magical world where you're suddenly invulnerable from being attacked by a player. There needs to be areas with protection, but it needs to be something that players can interact with...and perhaps even influence.

I have seen very little real attention given towards changing this game in such a manner as to promote community, replayability, and player interaction. There has been much attention given to adding new items and artwork, which once gained, requires more items and artwork to sustain the game until players tire and quit. There is no real reason to band together anymore aside from the initial times you battle a monster set, so community is not needed and players do not have to interact. This is great for the lone-wolf, but what about creating an online world?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Replying to Surgeries simply because it is amusing to watch him spend pages on these boards to type up the same things as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

As, I guess, it is amusing to watch you regurgitate the same old crap, every time?

Oh yeah...yours is fresh, and insightful...mine is "The Same".

Thanks for that clairvoyant clarification.

LOL.

<blockquote><hr>

I remember how some people did not just take their dirt nap and sit there and stare at the grayscale screen while they pulled up the UO message boards and simultaneously launched a Help Page and typed up a rant. I remember some people that found perfect strangers, teamed up, and went back and picked off the guy with the best weapon first. How someone made a mad dash back to town with the weapon. I remember after the repeated battles where the opposing side kept hoping that someone would go back out with the weapon. I remember the bargaining afterwards as they tried to buy it back. I remember dividing up the profits and resupplying my warrior and fledgling mage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember how many people simply cancelled their UO account, after enough of those Gray Scale Screens?

Of course you don't. You aren't, and weren't, a Dev, or anyone with actual access TO that data.

I am sure that Trammel was born of exactly those data sets, and not because "Pansies" didn't go "Forge New Friendships" at the bank, to render "Player Justice", on the bad PKs.

Screw That.

Player Justice was an attempt to employ the Virtues...go read up on it.

SOME people made friends...SOME decided THEY wanted to play that. But most simply logged off, and said "I'll go find a game where I don't have to put up with 12 year old mentality Gank Squads". And they did.

Please try to be objective here. YOU like it. MOST don't.

It doesn't matter to me, how selective you try to be in Memory...the way the game has progressed, good and bad, has kept it alive for 10 years. Yeah...Life Support...it will fail this year...next year..what the heck ever, oh Nostradamus's of UO.

You left to go "Play with the Angels" or whatever crap that was back in your "Big Departure"

UO is still here, and still needs work...just like you an me. But it is still going, and progress being made. Just not towards a Non-Con-centric basis. Which is good for the health of the game, at least so far, IMO. And please...spare us your postulations on subscription growth "Back in the day", et al. Hyperbole based on inconclusive and/or illogical data will never convince me. Show me a trend of currently highly succesful (defined as having 300K plus to 7 Million plus subscriptions) that base their game on dry looting non-con PvP, and maybe we can talk. Until then, please...spare us all your insightful analysis. Time has proven it to be a bad course...regardless of your, and a very few others, input.

Gank Squads no longer hold sway. I log in every day, and have fun every day, as a result.

If you like Gank Squads, they are still there. I just don't need to endure them anymore, and haven't for about 8 years.

Yay...that is a good thing.

If you like em...go to Yew Gate Fel. They are still there, in all forms, waiting for you...right now.

Maybe you can go have some converations, and make a few new friends.

<blockquote><hr>

As far as the Mass Exodus from Felucca when Trammel opened up. Please...

Housing was a premium back then. Rulesets had nothing to do with it at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...my two houses I owned in Fel, on a grandfathered account meant nothing...

Your memories are delusional, at best. I have never owned a Trammel House...I lived in my Fel houses until Age of Shadows...but I PLAYED in Trammel...not in Fel.

Well...maybe YOU have access to ACTUAL shard and facet data.

But MY guess is that you pull crap like this out yer ear, to support a long dead argument.

Housing was a draw for Trammel...but Fel EMPTIED,...dungeons and ALL...when Trammel came...and you know why?

Because people, as a whole, didn't want to endure Non-Con PvP. And the ones that DID want to PK others cried and cried, and so, got Power Scrolls, Double Resources, Fame...et al...and it is STILL an empty land.

So...we can either conclude that people bought houses in Trammel, but really went to Fel to play, as a whole, OR, they DIDN'T even buy a Trammel house, but ONLY went to Trammel to play, anyway...or something very close to that.

Fact is...Fel is empty...and you can get large housing plots in Fel...and you know why?

NOT because so very many love the Ruleset...nope...not because of that, at all, Lightshade.

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone who had been sharing a house suddenly had the opportunity to have their own home. They didn't care where it was. They didn't care about the ruleset. They wanted a house! Sure, there were people who thought that the ruleset change would make having a house in Trammel better, but to say that was the reason for people flooding to Trammel would be quite a leap of logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

And again...why didn't they all just buy said house, for the profit, and then go back to Fel, to play? Inconvenience? Maybe...but we had Moonstones...and the dungeons, and the land, emptied right out...but of course...it wasn't the abhorrence most felt for the Gank Squads...no no...it was housing.

Dun think so...

<blockquote><hr>

The chance for a house was the motivating factor then...and then the chance to sell said house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..but...they never went back...and it is still empty today, even with moongates and all the carrots.

Your logic, as ever, is skewed, flawed, and only spewed tofeebly attempt to somehow support an absurd conclusion.

But is IS funny to read!!

So...rest assured, that as much as you enjoy reading page after page from me, I, by that same token, love to read the same old crap from you.

It's symbiotic!!!

And...even after all this time, it is still the same old crap...just as mine is, and as mine has to be, to counter the same old tired argument that the Devs and EA pulled Trammel out of THEIR ear, for no apparent reason...oh no...wait...they did for HOUSING...and changed that pesky ruleset, and added Trammel Rules, and a choice for people sick to death of Gank Squads, as an after-thought.

Yep...that's it.

Anywho...LOL

G

Look back and tell me when Fel people really moved to tram..... youll find it wasnt when tram first came out, ..... think 16....

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

Well, assuming what you said about the population was true, though I would absolutely love to see where you got those numbers from, it is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to humor this "Prove the sky is blue!" nonsense. If you don't acknowledge that the population has been hugely Trammel-slanted ever since the facet split, then you're either being deliberately obtuse or you've never played UO.

Everyone piled into Trammel, and despite eight years of patches and carrots and forum-whining from troglodytes whose life peaked with ganking miners during the Clinton administration, they never came back. Period.

I have no doubt that when the game finally shuts down, 3 or 8 or 52 years from now, that same contingent will come out of the woodwork to claim that the game would have somehow gone on to infinity if only it weren't for some expansion that came out all the way back in 2000 and nerfed PK.

<blockquote><hr>

Regardless, let me get to what I really think. Perhaps this needs a new topic, idunno, but here goes:

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah blah blah. What the masses want is PVP that is utterly painless, with no item or coin loss at all. See WoW.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh yeah...yours is fresh, and insightful...mine is "The Same".

[/ QUOTE ]Couldn't agree more. Glad you agree.

<blockquote><hr>

Do you remember how many people simply cancelled their UO account, after enough of those Gray Scale Screens?

[/ QUOTE ]Do you? Please provide numbers cause I just can't seem to see this trend in the growth charts that were in a steady climb throughout this period of people cancelling accounts.

<blockquote><hr>

I am sure that Trammel was born of exactly those data sets, and not because "Pansies" didn't go "Forge New Friendships" at the bank, to render "Player Justice", on the bad PKs.

Screw That.

[/ QUOTE ]Pansies are a cute lil flower, though i'm afraid I don't recall talking about plants in this discussion. Again, numbers don't actually support these claims.

<blockquote><hr>

SOME people made friends...SOME decided THEY wanted to play that. But most simply logged off, and said "I'll go find a game where I don't have to put up with 12 year old mentality Gank Squads". And they did.

[/ QUOTE ]Again, subscription growth rates do not support this conclusion.

<blockquote><hr>

Please try to be objective here. YOU like it. MOST don't.

[/ QUOTE ]Please try to be sensical here. You can't back up that statement in any meaningful manner.

<blockquote><hr>

It doesn't matter to me, how selective you try to be in Memory...the way the game has progressed, good and bad, has kept it alive for 10 years. Yeah...Life Support...it will fail this year...next year..what the heck ever, oh Nostradamus's of UO.

[/ QUOTE ]Alive is not akin to successful.

<blockquote><hr>

You left to go "Play with the Angels" or whatever crap that was back in your "Big Departure"

[/ QUOTE ]Ha, big departure, eh? How grandiose. Really don't see where this fits in, but you do tend to muck up discussions with random "stuff" from time to time.

<blockquote><hr>

UO is still here, and still needs work...just like you an me. But it is still going, and progress being made. Just not towards a Non-Con-centric basis. Which is good for the health of the game, at least so far, IMO. And please...spare us your postulations on subscription growth "Back in the day", et al. Hyperbole based on inconclusive and/or illogical data will never convince me. Show me a trend of currently highly succesful (defined as having 300K plus to 7 Million plus subscriptions) that base their game on dry looting non-con PvP, and maybe we can talk. Until then, please...spare us all your insightful analysis. Time has proven it to be a bad course...regardless of your, and a very few others, input.

[/ QUOTE ]What wonderful loaded and colorful language you use! Please take off your blinders and step out of your "happy place" for a moment. Dispense with your incessant insults and degrading comments and or allusions to such filth.

Time has proven nothing except that there is a market for a certain type of game. You illogically assume that because there is a market for a variation of something that it is the ONLY viable market. There is no true evidence to support your claims as no one has really tried it. They just found something that worked and ran with it. That in NO WAY indicates that if they had ran with the other rules they would have failed. Flawed Logic.

<blockquote><hr>

Gank Squads no longer hold sway. I log in every day, and have fun every day, as a result.

If you like Gank Squads, they are still there. I just don't need to endure them anymore, and haven't for about 8 years.

Yay...that is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]Again, Felucca does not equate to Gank Squads. Illogical Comment...

<blockquote><hr>

Your memories are delusional, at best. I have never owned a Trammel House...I lived in my Fel houses until Age of Shadows...but I PLAYED in Trammel...not in Fel.

[/ QUOTE ]Delusional? That is a flat out lie. Sorry, its just how it is, but nice try. MANY people lived in their Fel houses and still do. They would have had to give up, in some cases, MULTIPLE houses to have ONE house in Trammel. That would have been silly to most people, especially then. The people placing houses in Trammel were either making money off of it or had never had a house before. There were MANY people who never owned a home simply because there was no space to place.

<blockquote><hr>

Well...maybe YOU have access to ACTUAL shard and facet data.

[/ QUOTE ]Right back at you. Apparently, by your own logic, both of our arguments mean nothing because we don't have a stack of papers with numbers next to us. So, in the spirit of your logic, if you TRULY believe what you're selling, you should just bow out of the argument as someone who can offer nothing to this discussion.

<blockquote><hr>

Because people, as a whole, didn't want to endure Non-Con PvP. And the ones that DID want to PK others cried and cried, and so, got Power Scrolls, Double Resources, Fame...et al...and it is STILL an empty land.

[/ QUOTE ]Really? You must have been busy personally interviewing these people. I just figured after all my friends said something to the effect of, "Its easier to farm in Trammel for the same reward" that was the real reason. Guess I need to be like you and personally survey every person in the game...

<blockquote><hr>

NOT because so very many love the Ruleset...nope...not because of that, at all, Lightshade.

[/ QUOTE ]Easier to farm and sell. Easier road to travel for the same end reward. Cost analysis. Easier. Easier. Easier. Ruleset doesn't even matter.

<blockquote><hr>

And again...why didn't they all just buy said house, for the profit, and then go back to Fel, to play? Inconvenience? Maybe...but we had Moonstones...and the dungeons, and the land, emptied right out...but of course...it wasn't the abhorrence most felt for the Gank Squads...no no...it was housing.

[/ QUOTE ]Going back and forth was a major inconvenience at first, don't even try to pretend like it wasn't...

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah..but...they never went back...and it is still empty today, even with moongates and all the carrots.

[/ QUOTE ]By the time the Dev's realized what they had done, most of the true Feluccans had quit or changed their gameplay style to adapt. Even with the "carrots" it is still easier to get ahead in Trammel. Until it is just as difficult to get ahead in Trammel, you will NEVER be able to argue that Non-Con is the reason people avoid Felucca. Sorry, you will never be able to logically make that conclusion. Ever.

<blockquote><hr>

Your logic, as ever, is skewed, flawed, and only spewed tofeebly attempt to somehow support an absurd conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]By your own standards, so is yours.

F

Fayled Dhreams

thanks ...
always wondered if anyone would go a "full" post
point by point
"I know you are ... but what am I"
or
"Nuh uhhh!"

I think you've come the closest

G

My life peaked with ganking miners, eh? I have never attacked a crafsman in my entire time playing UO. I am not a ganker. I am not even a PK, though I have done that before. My PK's were of the justice type, though. No, the majority of my PvP fun came from being an ANTI and fighting for the quitters.

Anywho, I doubt my life peaked with UO even. Heck, UO isn't even a significant part of my life. I'm far too busy for it to be as such. Would I enjoy playing more UO? Yeah, but it'd need to be pre-publish 16 for me to really enjoy it. Otherwise, i'd just be passing the time.

Anywho, why do I even bother posting, then? Simply put, if you feel something is messed up and you ignore it, you're in the wrong. If its broke, it should be fixed, not ignored.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

By your own standards, so is yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, this will be my last reply to you, Lightshade, as trying to debate anything with you is as futile as blowing water uphill, manually, to permanently overcome the force (Principle) of Gravity, with only that one attempt.

IF Fel, and it's Ruleset WAS the "End All" that you and a select, stubborn group of posters say it was...

We would be arguing about love for Trammel, not Fel. And there would be WAY, WAY more Non-Con MMOs, than there are, especially after a decade of time has elapsed, for people "In the know" to realize what REALLY sells.

That isn't the case. 1 Facet called Fel...on ANY EA Shard, and EA knows why. You don't seem to, along with a few others...but THEY do, for shizzle, know why.

You SPECULATE (i.e. CLAIM to know why)...but they REALLY know...and it hasn't changed...for 8 long years.

And it likely won't.

IF it does...I will come back, and tell the world how "Bright", you are.

Other than that...you MAY wanna check yer Bulb...it seems a bit...um...Dim...

Have a good one, Lightshade...I have to save my energy, for Bud...

G

Truth be told, I like quick responses. Prolly a combination of impatience and me always multi-tasking 17 things at once. I do like good discussions, though, even with people that I completely disagree with.

G

Well, as I said before, I don't think Felucca is the answer, actually. That is what I am really trying to discuss is a combination of the rulesets. Splitting people up isn't really a good solution.

I don't know if you remember me talking about Guards and Guard Zones and player-run towns with guards a long time ago, but that's more along the lines of what I am actually looking for. Guards patrolling the roads between towns, that sort of thing. It provides protection for players while leaving some areas of "unlawlessness". There, its a lack of guards that puts you in Danger, not being in Felucca.

Granted, its just the basic formation of an idea that would need to be greatly expanded upon, but that is more of what i'm looking for. Guards (i.e. actual interactable content) to protect people. Player-Run towns to hire guards, to protect people, and help give the community aspect of this game a shot in the arm. House guards to protect against house-sitting gankers. All of it actual interactable content that adds to the game, keeps players safe, but allows some unlawless areas...mostly woods and dungeons.

Some players would argue that they can't fight in dungeons then. Well, set up scheduled "Patrols" through the dungeons, give it some storyline, and use that to protect the players.

Or, certain dungeons are non-recall and have guards posted outside to "warn people of the dangers within" AKA keep PK's from going in. Yeah, a noto blue pk could still go in, but that's kept in check by the whole red thing and could be further kept in check by the above mentioned "Patrols".

Idunno, I just wish they had tried something along these lines before they flipped the switch for Trammel.

I think everyone would have been happier overall and UO would have a larger playerbase today.

At the very least, i'd like to see them implement this in Felucca and see if that would boost Felucca's numbers...

C

Connor_Graham

"mostly woods and dungeons."

And that's why we have Trammel because that's where people that are out hunting are spending their time.

Nothin' like gettin' jumped by 5 people while entangled with a Paragon Balron...

F

Fayled Dhreams

better speech and manner perhaps ...
but STILL lacking any real definition ...

"Well, as I said before, I don't think Felucca is the answer, actually. That is what I am really trying to discuss is a combination of the rulesets. Splitting people up isn't really a good solution. "

Come on ... what are you really talking about then? The people split up by choice ... once a method was presented.
A new land was opened up ... the blues could choose to go or stay (come back even
)
So Technically ... by definition ... Reds Won Fel ... they drove the opposition off the field ...

Felucca isn't "the answer" because Felucca isn't the question. Same goes for Trammel.

Done different? with two rulests being created ..
Okay ...
Reds would be Forced into the new lands ... never to return ... and blues could choose to visit back and forth ...
THAT would be "splitting people up" ... forcing the reds to relocate.

A "combination of the rulesets" ..
a combination IS what we have ...one set here ... one set over there ...yes?
What "we had" was ALSO a "combination" ... alllll in one place ... yes?

Now ...what sort of "new" combination are you proposing ? its either a return to the one land ... or a return to the "combo set" ... for all lands ...

hmmmm oh! ... been idea'd before, but we'll call it "new"
Guards patrolling the roads between towns, that sort of thing. It provides protection for players while leaving some areas of "unlawlessness". There, its a lack of guards that puts you in Danger, not being in Felucca. (&amp; towns to hire guards, to protect people ...)

In politics its called "gerrymandering" ... moving the guardzone boundries around ... stretching their reach to cover roads and player created areas ..
on paper first draft ... looks good ... in practice ... over Time ...
not likely to survive and or actually be seen as an improvement ... The Non-con are pretty clear about their feelings on guardzones ... never seen one that they couldn't hate ... if they could ...not even a brief "time-out" to bank ... which the other side holds the OTHER veiw of ... never saw one they didn't Love ... gonna need More of em ... bigger wider stronger ...

which brings us down to ... who gets to Pick ... the boundries ...?
oooooo this ain't gonna be pretty ...
Especially if its an "All Lands" condition ... or even "just one land" ...

Bear in mind ...to satisfy your impatience ... it wouldn't BE a "reset" ... it'd be with the population that we have ...

ooo got a "fix" for something have ye? "hireable guards" *cough* bots ...uuhhh ... your aware that the Humans ... weren't able to enforce "Player justice" ...??...
Sure... for awhile and in some places ... but ... long haul ...'twas a failure ... bots are a path back to single player ... not a path UO should be on ...
just saying ... if bots WERE an "answer" ... there being hirelings available ... well ... better bots is likely NOT an answer ...

All in all ..."the argument" about systems and rules ...seldom addresses the actual "problem" ...
there would be "no split" ... IF the players ... were all of one mind ... they aren't ... nor likely every to be ...
would need an "entry filter" ...
something a little bit more discriminating than: "Do you wanna?" Promise? ... okay ... enter ...

burma shave

J

jagarr

without doing my usual arguing, and after this townhall today... i really don't think anyone is winning right now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Look back and tell me when Fel people really moved to tram..... youll find it wasnt when tram first came out, ..... think 16....

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that mean? 16? Publish 16? Tram was full the day housing was available. What UO did you play back then? Before housing was available people were in Tram dungeons. Again, no idea what the hell you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Common sense there man, fel had no more housing, people were packed in, had no house, or shared. all of the sudden a new land mass taht offered more houses, plus they had just released a new version..... more advertisement... that is why people went to tram to store stuff, but then, once their house was there, and they were there, when they went afk they could do it safely in tram, or if they were mining they would get the ore safer in tram, thus people stayed there a bit, but at first, the population only declined due to those changes.... as a matter of fact, if i remember correctly, atleast 75% of the population couldnt stop griping about the addition of the New Lands.....

N

NaughtyKimmie

Well babe.. this is why UO is dead to me
I just closed three accounts and gave my Fel keep away ( my most prized uo accomplishment) , due to the fact that these guys dont listen or give a fk about pvp. Sorry to have to be the one to tell ya... UO PVP IS DEAD. It sucks.. but that is the way it goes... UO has become a WoW RP server , full of "carebears" that don't care what the "pvp" minded players want. It has become nothing more than a "chatroom" for singles or married people looking to cheat in a roleplaying world. There is no "game" left in UO. Sry
Thats just the way it is.........

G

damn kimmie, sry to see you go, and i wouldnt let them think you are leaving cause of them... it isnt them, it is the devs not listening..... youll notice, it isnt the fact that they wont do it, it is that they wont stand up and make some sort of comment on it, they are hiding in their corner afraid to take a stance one way or the other becuause they know how many people they would lose if they were tomake such a statement one way or the other, and the only way to correct it would have these chumps crying because this other shard would in some way bother their everyday existance.......hell, by now i am just about positive there would be enough people to toss together a fund to finance it..

G

Replying to your last novel because let's face it, you type so much crap it's hard to cut out the fat from the meat.

Your posts are pretty much like a badly made ****tail... all filler and no booze.

So yeah, I'll be here. I'll be posting and there pretty much isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Go ahead and flame me, you've got to do a lot more to get to me then call me a "leg humping thief" . And that is even funny cause I was never that type of player. You are simply assuming and you know what that does to a person.

Of course you do, you know everything. At least in your own little world.

Notice I said little.

So yeah, I'll be playing WoW. I do play on a PVP realm and I do have plenty of chances to grief. Why not come over and try it out?

Or does bagging groceries at Walmart not pay enough to pick up a copy of the game? Maybe they will promote you to "greeter" and you can get something worth playing.

I'll say it again:

If UO is so great, why dosen't it get advertised? Where are the TV commercials? Where is the ad print? Where is it on the shelf at EB Games and Best Buy?

We all know you can't answer that, so just don't even bother replying. Just keep moving on.

LRN2B704KZRUNZ! KTHXBAI!

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

And that is even funny cause I was never that type of player. You are simply assuming and you know what that does to a person.

Of course you do, you know everything. At least in your own little world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Bud...Of course you weren't that type of player. But you want me to come to WoW...so you can kill me and my quest givers over and over and over and over. You? A Griefer...maybe not by YOUR account, but your posts would indicate otherwise.

But you know ALL about me, eh?

Yep yep..you got it ALL going on...

Isn't it time for your next AV yet?

<blockquote><hr>

So yeah, I'll be playing WoW. I do play on a PVP realm and I do have plenty of chances to grief. Why not come over and try it out?

Or does bagging groceries at Walmart not pay enough to pick up a copy of the game? Maybe they will promote you to "greeter" and you can get something worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal attacks, now Bud? Is that all you got? I'm so hurt...*Sniffle*

You know what Assuming does, yes, Bud? Or is the degree of your posts' hypocrisy as telling as they seem to be?

I would guess the latter.

<blockquote><hr>

If UO is so great, why dosen't it get advertised? Where are the TV commercials? Where is the ad print? Where is it on the shelf at EB Games and Best Buy?

We all know you can't answer that, so just don't even bother replying. Just keep moving on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't advertised/marketed well because EA/Mythic has done a poor job of advertising/marketing UO.

You really needed me to tell you that?

It seems...so...so...obvious.

Well...to me it was...I guess you may not get that right away...here...I'll repeat it for you:

It isn't advertised or marketed well because EA/Mythic has done a poor job of advertising/marketing UO.

There, Bud...got that?

And I know I am glad you found your griefing heaven in WoW. I am sure many over there really appreciate what you bring to the game.

Good job.

Keep up the good work.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Replying to your last novel because let's face it, you type so much crap it's hard to cut out the fat from the meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok dude... it's pretty clear he gets "off" on having the last word to say. It doesn't matter if it's right, wrong, stupid, intelligent... as long as he's able to hit "submit" in one manner or another, he thinks there's an accomplishment to some cause he's made.

Smoke and mirrors man... that's all it is. The fact that remains is that this game has been focused on Trammel for 8 years and since... nothing spectacular has come from that decision.

Trammel for teh lose!

C

Connor_Graham

"Isn't it time for your next AV yet?"

It's funny he would select that particular battleground (aka BG) to go fight in.

AV is well known for being the one BG that is good for fast and easy PvP points because no one really does much PvP in it. It's primarily PvM. There might be 3 or 4 players on each side out of the entire 80 in the BG that decide to stick back and try and slow the other side down, but for the most part everyone just goes from boss to boss and kills them as fast as they can so they can get the points. get out and into another one.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's ok dude... it's pretty clear he gets "off" on having the last word to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot...Kettle...Kettle...Pot.

Yeah...it's a good thing that YOU can let sleeping dogs, lie, eh Black Rain?

Um...yeah...that was rich.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

*Breathes*

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

G

<blockquote><hr>

It isn't advertised/marketed well because EA/Mythic has done a poor job of advertising/marketing UO.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you implying that UO's LACK of success lately is a result of its LACK of advertising?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Are you implying that UO's LACK of success lately is a result of its LACK of advertising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read what I said.

I am not implying anything.

I made, what I thought, was a very clear statement.

It stands on it's own merit.

I am implying not one thing.

I

imported_ElRay

Surgeries doesnt know what the hell is going on since hes seeing stars from getting verbally backhanded by all corners of UO stratics lol

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Are you refusing to answer the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to debate anything with you, Lightshade?

Your question was whether I was implying something about the success of UO, with my statement, about marketing.

I answered your question.

I am not implying anything. I made a statement.

What part of that are you unable to comprehend?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Surgeries doesnt know what the hell is going on since hes seeing stars from getting verbally backhanded by all corners of UO stratics lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, El Ray...wow...such cogent, and logically based arguments, too!

What's a Surgeries to do!!

G

Please say your goodbyes as this thread is going the way of the dodo...

Status
Not open for further replies.