• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time again for a plea to raise stable slots...

I

Issy

What if they allowed us to bond two Animals to our homes that don't include the stable slots? I myself would love to have a cat or a ferret running around. One of my favorite memories of my old guild way back when was the Queens cat that used to run around the tower. Back then if you put an animal in your house, unlesss someone let it out or it died it stayed there. They changed that because people where taming animals and blocking them in there house , then letting it go wild for training purposes but what if we where allowed two tame pets bonded to the house??? Then we could have our extra pets we like so much like the bunnies and cats and ferrets.

T

Toptwo

Ok, how about this idea?

There must already be some kind of coding in place that turns our pets into little statues...as that is about what happens when we offer one in a trade window.

How about once a pet has bonded with you you can then turn it into a mini statue and lock it down in your own house?

We could then have as many pets as we have lockdowns available in our house and not use ANY stable space (except for maybe the bonding period) at all!

You could further make it so that if you have a mini pet statue in your backpack it will take up the appropriate control slots. That would stop people from haveing 20 cu's and 50 dragon's in thier packs at one time and heading off to battle.

I, for one, would LOVE to be able to look at all my pets at once and decide which one I wanted to take out for a romp, or a hunt. It would also be great for those with "open to the public" houses to be able to display thier pets. Us tamers take pride in some of our pets! If you spend the time to actually get a rare color cu or hiyru with GREAT stats, then take the time and effort to train it up, why not be able to show it off.

It has been said before in this post..we hardly have enough room to collect all the colors of cu's! I havent even once tamed a hiyru, if I managed to stumble upon a rare color or two I wouldnt even have a place to put it

C'mon guys, let me lock all my pretty pets down in my house so I and other can see em. This would then allow my to have a complete collection of cu's and hiyru's and have room for more fun pets...like a SUPER CHICKEN. The thought of being able to train up a chicken to be able to kick a troll's butt sounds like great fun to me, but you know, I am just not willing to get rid of a 5xGM Black CU to do it

We can't stop on this thread till we get more pet space guys and gals! With so many people reading and responding to this post, and with all of the POSITIVE coments, it would seem we have brought the community together for a good cause...don't give up the fight!

G

Yep, with 100+ Ayes for it, and only a few Nays from misinformed people who didn't fully read what this is about, i'd say i haven't seen a thread like this on Stratics yet.

G

I so agree....and yep I can nag with best of em

Maybe offer cookies or cupcakes might help too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We were at least acknowledged in another thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, good to know that at least its getting passed on to the rest of the group.

I for one am also a big fan of the turning pets into statues.

T

Toptwo

I feel the same way...ignored!

We need to keep this on the front page, let the devs see it every time they log on!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Our More Stabling Question Ack'd by Leurocian

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps now that it has been acknowledged, attention should turn from what we want to how we want it implemented? I think that pet stabling still needs to be a limited resource, but what is the magic number? Do we want a quick bump in the max number or some investment of coding sweat and tears into some new gameplay built around stabling?

T

Toptwo

I could easily live with 10 slots per char IF and ONLY IF they made it so when a pet bonded it would be bonded to EVERY char on my account. That way my blacksmith AND my lumberjack could share ONE pack beetle between them, they wouldn't each need one. I could then use the extra slots on my other chars to house my tamers cu's, hiryu's, and dragons. All my chars could have a mount (my account isnt old enough to be able to use an ethy yet..with the exception of the charger and I dont have 35 mil to lay out for charger for ALL of my char's) That would give me a total of 70 slots I could use as long as my pets were bonded for my ENTIRE account not just a SINGLE char on the account.

I am NOT advocating that my blacksmith should be able to control a cu, only that he could be able to stable it.

after thinking about this some more I think this would be way more hassle then it is worth! JUST GIVE ME MORE SLOTS

maybe 8 slots for a non taming char, and unlimited slots for a 120/120/120 tamer. If you take the time to be a full time tamer, you should reap the benefit of it and be able to have as many critters as you want.

R

RedEmbers

I'd like to see an increase to 5 slots for all characters.Then have increases also for the tamers.
240 total skills (at/al/vet) would give 8 slots
+1 more slot for 100,110 and 120 in each
this would allow 17 for a 120/120/120 tamer instead of 14.
Then maybe 3 more that could be purchased by any at the animal trainer.

So every char could end up with 8 and the tamers have the potential of 20.

G

and maybe account age could also give you extras, the codings kinda there with the luck statue

R

RedEmbers

<blockquote><hr>

and maybe account age could also give you extras, the codings kinda there with the luck statue

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this also,maybe a cap of 10 extra slots for 10+ yrs,or perhaps 2 for 1,every 2yrs of acct age gives you 1 extra slot.

G

Account age/Skill points, any way we all look at it, it needs revamping. Even the crafters need more stall slots.

G

Fire Bugs=3 whats the point of having 5 follower slots when you cant have a blue bug or 2 packies aswell. Let alone the fact that a crafter couldnt even have this many pets as theirs (not just buying and releasing each time)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember, some time back I made a proposal like having a shared stable for all characters on account/shard. While this would not help on Siege, on a normal shard each char would have access to 10 to 14 slots for the 5 to 7 possible char slots, adding the slots from trained tamers to this mixture (which may become a bit more complicated due to jewelery and soulstones).
This should include that all pets are bonded to all chars of the account.
Limitations:
Stablemaster must check, if the char is entitled to claim the dragon.
Benefits:
Shared crafter pets/golems/fun pets for various purposes.
Larger number of direct accessible slots for each char, while not increasing the overall number of stabled pets.
Resurrection of dead pets by a tamer on the same account could be possible (depends, how "autostable" feature would fit into this concept).
Less headache for pet management of especially non tamer chars.
Easy "transfer" of pets within the same account without having to involve another account.
Possibility to add single bonus stable slots per account as bonus (per account age bonus or other promotions)
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

I agree about the crafters only being able to have only 2 stable slots.
Makes no sense, especially with a tinker/smith, in order to have
a golem and the 2 beetles I have to put taming/lore or any combo
of the taming skills to have 1 more.
If they don't want us to have unlimited stable slots then yes, tie
them in with account age or something to that effect. Sure wish
they would have included increased stable storage with the housing
storage increase.
The only thing is now they would have to give it to those of us who
bought the housing increase.

Let's hope it makes it to the FOF this week or maybe someone from
the dev team will
elaborate more in THIS thread about it.

G

Leurocian's reply in the other thread for those who don't want to wade through the pages:

<blockquote><hr>

The team does try to keep up with all the current player concerns and requests. I often have to read the boards on the weekends just to keep up.

In regards to extra stable slots, this is something personally that I would like to see happen in the game. I can't promise that, but I can certainly remind the team of this request and see what and how we'd like to do it if we decide to do it. No promises, of course. But I will bring it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

T

Toptwo

Well, I for one would not like extra stable slots to be made as a "vet" reward. I am a original player who shelved the game for about 4 years. 2 years ago I got remarried to a wonderful woman who just happened to be a gamer like I am. I told her about my times of playing UO and she decided she want to try it. (WOOHOO she loves it) To be fair to her when we decided to start playing the game I started a new account (rather then rez my vet account) That way we both started on a even playing field. My tamer therfore is on my "new" account (only 18 months old).

I LOVE playing my tamer, and play him more then any of my other chars. I guarentee I enjoy playing my tamer as much as you 10 year vets. I dont want to feel penalized on stable slots because of my "lack of time" playing the game. I think ALL players, regardless of account age, should get the same amount of stable slots.

NON tamer chars = 7-10 slots each
Tamer Chars (120/120/120/) 100 slots

OR

Let us be able to purchase (ingame gold of course) a Stable Master contract of service and place a stable master in our house. Tie the stable slots to the available lockdowns for the house. That way I could have as many pets as I have available lockdowns in my house. You could make this just like a vendor, the more pets I have the more gold per week required to house my pets (Think gold sink here) We would then also have the advantage of not having to recall (or walk depending on char) to a stable to redeem our pets. Pets could be given a "per slot" value to stable them. Lets say 100gp per slot. A horse then would cost me 100gp a week to stable (1 slotx 100gp per week) A SuperDragon would cost me 500gp a week to stable (5 slots x 100pg per week) So, if I have 8 cu's 6 Hiryu's and 12 SuperDragons it would cost me 10,400 gp per week to stable them all. I get what I want...LOTS of stable spots, and the economy gets what it NEEDS... a gold sink!

G

there are so many different ways to get the more slots, either way if something does come about there are going to be people that arnt happy with the way it is regardless if they wanted slots or not. murphys law. but they are discussing it and thats great.

G

Agree, I also don't think it should be a vet reward. The #'s need/should (would be nice
) to be increased on crafters by 2-3 at Minimum, and on Tamers by 6-8 (personally I think 10-112 only for the fact the way UO has been adding tamables, it will be needed in the future anyways). Then adding an extra 1 or 2 slots to those of us, like now, have 360 points into the skill.

G

I agree. There needs to be an increase in slots for stableing pets. I would be very willing to use lockdowns or vendor slots at my house even still paying the stable fee.

M

Millie

Increase for stable spots would be a nice ++. Having 8 to 10 spots and then 2 spots for non fighting animals, like a packie and a dog would be cool. If your not a tamer Maybe you should have 3 to 4 stable spots, maybe 2 packies, a rideing beast and your pet cat. As for the 5 slots your aloud for pets, thats fine but E-rides and Chargers should not take up a spot, since they are not actual alive.

G

Itd be nice, I have my original ride from when i first came back and my idoc bug in the stable for my main char so no room for the dark purple bunny i want as her companion
unless I always always always have it with me but then when i go into battle theres one slot i cant use (ev ev nf)

G

It would really be nice to have the ability to "bond" smaller creatures to your home...like cats, dogs, etc. Maybe even the big pets...possibly they could guard your home! It would certainly be nice for RPers, as well as decorators, too. House Pets add quite a bit of personality and charm. There's lots of possibilities with pets and our homes!

So to start with, let's have some more slots! =)

G

I am hoping since Leurocian made a comment on this that maybe
just maybe there might be some reference to it this Friday.
Keeps fingers crossed.

G

one more sleep yay
i very much like the idea of bonding pets to houses!! kinda like heralds that can roam around,
maybe...
You get a pet, purchase a house bonding deeds for the animal, click and target it and the pet becomes a deed.
Take it home dbl click deed then target a spot and a pet bowl is placed and the animal roams around that area.

I like my idea!! hurray for lightbulb moments hehe

G

Okies...we have less than 24 hours to the next FOF...still
keeping fingers and giving this a gentle boost up top.

G

Bump, because this thread is OVERWHELMINGLY positive and for an increase, which by the way should not be hard to code, and for several reasons should be no problem with regard to overall server storage of items(pets) and backup.

G

Bummer no mention in FOF...I did request that someone
going to the town hall meeting try to get a word in about
it. Hopefully some light will be shed on this.. I am beginning
to think they will surprise us and give them to us. There really
is no downfall to implementing more stable space.
I like some of the ideas that people have come up with though.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bummer no mention in FOF...I did request that someone
going to the town hall meeting try to get a word in about
it. Hopefully some light will be shed on this.. I am beginning
to think they will surprise us and give them to us. There really
is no downfall to implementing more stable space.
I like some of the ideas that people have come up with though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconds This Motion..... (Since I guess this Thread/Topic wasn't Good Enough to make the FOF Again)
<font color=red>Pls someone going to the Town Hall at Least mention It to the Dev's SEE what kind of a response you get &amp; let us know here in this Thread. It WOULD be Much Appreciated by All.. Thankies in Advance </font color=red>

I

imported_AtlanticVlad

Is it just me or does any one else thing Herding should give you more "control" slots Yes I said it.... *Hides* lol how am to have a herd of sheep that people cant kill =( if they aren't tame? FIX HERDING!!!

oh ya and a HUGE yes on the more slots.

T

Toptwo

ok, no mention for FoF, and possibly a short mention at town hall, we STILL need to keep this on the front page we NEED more pet slots!

G

I heard the mention at the town hall..."they have to check disk
space". If they had plenty of space for the housing increase it
would seem to me that space wouldn't really be an issue. I
liked the idea of a gold sink.
Just not sure what it would be unless they just upped the
stable price based on number of pets in the stable which
would be to me the easiest to code. I am not a coding wiz
so I have no clue.

T

Toptwo

c'mon...where are my fellow tamers!!!

Just found this on page THREE of all places....

lets keep it on page ONE...make it the new threadzilla untill we get more pet storage, or until we are given a deffinate NO from somebody with the "power"

Dont give up everybody..

G

Not giving up by all means....but just curious as to why the team
posts in some of the other theads meaningful or otherwise and none have
posted in this one.
I know they gave a quick flyby response at the Town Hall meeting
and another response in a thread having nothing to do with this
one. Just curious is all.

G

Apparently "why do I miss with a bow" is a much more relevant and important question.....

I have an archer, I know why I miss, it's cuz I'm not shooting at a wall....

Gimme more slots dadgummit!

Rey~

C

Capulous

Yes, many have been requesting this for a long time. If item count is an issue, make any additional stable spaces, outside of those given by skill, take up a space from our bank box. Have pets stabled at our homes count against our housing space.