• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Third Party and Illegal Cheating

• Thread starter imported_Mystra
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Malador

<blockquote><hr>

And Malador, WHY ARE YOU NAMING PROGRAMS WHEN WE WERE ASKED AND TOLD NOT TO? GOOD GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go back and read the thread again

Mystra said "And for the record and purposes of this discussion you may mention certain programs but not details of using them or cheating the system in this thread."

M

Malador

<blockquote><hr>

Ok.. before this gets worse. What I think most of you have stated and what I will try to do is allow the discussion of something that affects so many. You MAY NOT name programs that can be used to hack the game or any illegal third parties. You may not post any screen shots showing you or any other using such programs, If someone does may MAY NOT point it out by name. Any post here that has named such a program is now being deleted from this thread.
Thanks for all the opinions and I am glad we were able to get it off our chests , we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I will have to refer you and everyone else to the 5th post in this thread where you gave us permission for the purpose of this one discussion.

Oh well I have modified my post.

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok.. before this gets worse. What I think most of you have stated and what I will try to do is allow the discussion of something that affects so many. You MAY NOT name programs that can be used to hack the game or any illegal third parties. You may not post any screen shots showing you or any other using such programs, If someone does may MAY NOT point it out by name. Any post here that has named such a program is now being deleted from this thread.
Thanks for all the opinions and I am glad we were able to get it off our chests , we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I will have to refer you and everyone else to the 5th post in this thread where you gave us permission for the purpose of this one discussion.

Oh well I have modified my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep you are right and now the fun has ended and all references this thread has decided should not be allowed are removed . There were not warnings, no one did anything wrong but we are now back to not naming them

M

Malador

<blockquote><hr>

Yep you are right and now the fun has ended and all references this thread has decided should not be allowed are removed . There were not warnings, no one did anything wrong but we are now back to not naming them

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok I thought I was going to get in trouble for doing something you said was ok.

I

imported_still frame

please read the second quote which is replying to preston about our guild smarty.

B

BlackBetty

I am pretty sure he didn't bring anything on himself, but the folks that posted screen shots using illegal programs and also naming them and/or accusing others of using them. He is simply clarifying and helping folks stay on track.

It is a thankless job most of the time but he deserves respect from everyone for always keeping a level head and not taking things personally OR playing favorites while doing this "job".

Mystra, thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the New Year bring you tidings of happy threads with minimal locks, deletes and bans.

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok I thought I was going to get in trouble for doing something you said was ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
NO Mal not at all have a Happy Holiday !

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

mystra u brought all of this crap upon yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I Did by taking this job years ago!! But the many good people of this shard and forum who apreciate and respect the work we do makes it all worthwhile to me .
Happy Holidays everyone!

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

I am pretty sure he didn't bring anything on himself, but the folks that posted screen shots using illegal programs and also naming them and/or accusing others of using them. He is simply clarifying and helping folks stay on track.

It is a thankless job most of the time but he deserves respect from everyone for always keeping a level head and not taking things personally OR playing favorites while doing this "job".

Mystra, thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the New Year bring you tidings of happy threads with minimal locks, deletes and bans.

[/ QUOTE ]

You too my friend thank you for the kind words and may the holidays smile upon you and your family!

I

imported_still frame

hehe i understand what u mean, but i meant he brought it on himself by starting this thread because lets face is, no thread can ever be controlled hehe. mystra does a hell of a job at taking care of these forums but a thread like this was obviously going to have alot of rule violations

G

gargomel

He did it because a number of people asked him to. The cheats being used are one of the things thats destroying this game, so people just wanted to know, sense its so rampent, why cant the player base try to think of a way to collectivly end it, maybe impossible, ok, almost completly impossible, but ya never know till ya try.
And like I said before, it took some balls, and good to see I pegged him right, Thanks Mystra, everyone enjoy your holidays.
Side question, Mystra, you ever play the game these days to just play it?

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

He did it because a number of people asked him to. The cheats being used are one of the things thats destroying this game, so people just wanted to know, sense its so rampent, why cant the player base try to think of a way to collectivly end it, maybe impossible, ok, almost completly impossible, but ya never know till ya try.
And like I said before, it took some balls, and good to see I pegged him right, Thanks Mystra, everyone enjoy your holidays.
Side question, Mystra, you ever play the game these days to just play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Garg and Happy Holidays to you also !
I admit I do not play the game as it was meant to , wish I had more time. Basically just events and auctions for me now and my one lone vendor ;P
Maybe someday again I admit I would be a newbie in most new circumstances and that could be fun and exciting like a whole new game

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you do pratt, come with me I will get your newbie character killed many many many times
Merry Christmas to you

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

when you do pratt, come with me I will get your newbie character killed many many many times
Merry Christmas to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooo thats a wonderful invitation lets definately do that after the new year !

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL just make sure you have plenty of gold [\quote]

Call me crazy, but me thinks gold would not be one of his problems!

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL just make sure you have plenty of gold [\quote]

Call me crazy, but me thinks gold would not be one of his problems!

[/ QUOTE ]

No I have lots of problems but Gold is not one of them

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DUH! I forgot who he was............but still it is a good reminder to anyone to check there balance.

I

imported_Insta

Just a couple questions and statements of my own.

Alvin.... You have fiber to the home... Your not from west TN are ya? just wondering because I have fiber to the home myslelf.

Do i think that there is a suit drop hack? Nah I dont think anyone can make you drop your suit at will if that were the case nobody would play. On the other hand I do believe that there is a bug in the game that will allow your items go missing. It's a bit weird how people know to page about a "ghoast gump" long before anyone else has heard of it. I've seen items retrieved from a "ghoast gump" It did take many pages and require several gms to get the items returnd, but none the less. The items were missing, so there is a problem somewhere in the game on that issue.

Some of the things The_Dude said I agree with, but I do not agree with the cant out run you win he is on foot and you are mounted thing. Granted I dont have the best computer in the world by any means, but it is not the rock bottom. I also have more than likely more bandwidth than 95% of uo. My ping is not great but then again it's not the best PC i play on. The world wide web does take a factor in all that. I have been caught up with / left by somone on foot on a number of different occasions. There is somthing out there that will let you run that fast.

Cast hack, I dont think there is anything that will allow you to cast over cap, but there are things out there that will time your spells for you, and cast them for you at the same time at near, if not perfection.

None the less, the game is not perfect, we all know this. It's far from it. WoW has grown so much now because of the way they handle the cheating thing, (well mabey some graphics as well) but none the less way back when, if i paged a GM they used to show up, now days it takes 30 minutes to get a pre typed responce to a question you didn't even awnser. That alone counts for somthing. It's almost like talking to a voice mail, please leave your name and # well contact you when whe decide to give a damn.

None the less that is my 2cents the only reason I am playing any at all now is not for hopes of this game getting better, it is just for the people that i have met in this game.

M

Myrnae(BC)

I too tire of the "old PC" excuses - I am a mediocre PvPer, and below is my hardware...

Dual Core AMD 4800+ overclocked to 2.8Ghz per core
4GB DDR2 RAM PC2700
75GB 10K SATA HDD
DUAL Nvidia 7900GTX w/ 512MB memory EACH
I use watercooling on my CPU and Graphics cards, so I know heat was not the issue.
I ping 17 to GL consistently on a Time Warner Business Class connection.

I will not name names, but I was running away from a few guys in the front of Despise, I went in the Dungeon Despise and had about a 2 screen lead on them - I almost made it to the ettins, then one of the chasers must have turned on his cheat engine speedhack, because next thing I know he is right beside me, I am poisoned and he stonewalls my way down to the lower level and I mean this happened in 2 seconds. There is NO WAY ANYONE could have done what he did without "help". This game is out of control with the rampant hacks and cheats, I just love seeing people SKIP 1/2 a screen.

C

Craklord

<blockquote><hr>

I too tire of the "old PC" excuses - I am a mediocre PvPer, and below is my hardware...

4GB DDR2 RAM PC2700
75GB 10K SATA HDD
I use watercooling on my CPU and Graphics cards, so I know heat was not the issue.

I will not name names, but I was running away from a few guys in the front of Despise, I went in the Dungeon Despise and had about a 2 screen lead on them - I almost made it to the ettins, then one of the chasers must have turned on his cheat engine speedhack, because next thing I know he is right beside me, I am poisoned and he stonewalls my way down to the lower level and I mean this happened in 2 seconds. There is NO WAY ANYONE could have done what he did without "help". This game is out of control with the rampant hacks and cheats, I just love seeing people SKIP 1/2 a screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off nice pc... :} on a side note i was at yew today and everytime i chased someone i just couldnt catch them now i ping 40,s and it just seems like i cant catch anyone.. i wont say names but theres a char named after a female pop star who u can tell is just skipping all over and nothing is done about it...

I

imported_dukarlo

I think EA is just trying to cut costs as much as possible with UO. They have a pretty consistant large cash flow with UO. I think UO is going in a direction where not much is going to be done with the game other than keeping the servers maintained. Trying to enforce the TOS would cost them money for the way they are trying to run UO.

I

imported_still frame

i have 2 words for ea that they somehow failed with

punk buster, make it happen this time

G

You are ABSOULETYLY right.

It has ALWAYS been about the money with EA.

Origin/Garriott wanted to build a game.
EA wants to make money off it.

Hence, anything to increase the distance between more and higher profit, and lower costs/expenses to run it is the ONLY thing that will drive what EA does with the game (or any in their stable, for that matter.)

And heres the clue: It's not just EA... it is ANY business. UO is making good money at a low cost. EA therefor reasons that there is no need to change things. People are still paying and playing. It's good business sense not to change anything. Advertising at this point for UO would be useless, as this game cannot compete with the likes of WoW, Vanguard, DaoC (their own game!) and the like.

So, despite the clammering from the`community' to put an end to `Third Party and Illegal Cheating' (as the topic says), it makes no business sense for EA to do so. It does not hurt their (EA's) income. They will pay lip service, ban a few dozen accounts every now and then, and even delete `millions' of duped gold every once in a while. They will deliver minimal expenditures to maintain maximum profits.

BOTTOM line: Until such illegal programs effect EA's profit, they will not do anything.

Like I've been saying fora looong time now: Follow the money, folks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cast hack, I dont think there is anything that will allow you to cast over cap, but there are things out there that will time your spells for you, and cast them for you at the same time at near, if not perfection.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also do this thru macros on UOA. The downside of UOA macros is if you get interupted you are SoL for about 2 seconds.

I

imported_Insta

I know this, but the whole two second thing is why I dont believe people are using UOA to cast to perfection.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Alvin.... You have fiber to the home... Your not from west TN are ya? just wondering because I have fiber to the home myslelf.

[/ QUOTE ]

negative southern Texas

I

imported_dukarlo

<blockquote><hr>

4GB DDR2 RAM PC2700
75GB 10K SATA HDD

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem with a certain player in your guild.I wont name names as Im sure many know who Im talking about already. I play with a nice computer and a good ping and conn and this player literally is missing many frames of animation that I should be able to see. There is always latency in an online game but when you can never tell where one specific person is actually at on your screen and by a wide margin you know something is up. I dont mean to pick on your guild as its a problem everywhere. Ill see this guy 4-5 tiles away and the next animation is him right on top of me even if I was on the move. Im beginning to think Im a sucker for not cheating as cheating has just exploded in UO in the last year.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know this, but the whole two second thing is why I dont believe people are using UOA to cast to perfection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah some people plain cheat, but both of us played long enough to know there really were a few legit players who were that good. I can count about 5 that were in 6 years of UO play. One of who I knew in real life, and he was legit, I watched him play, he was mad fast. HoCuS PoCus(XH) on cats. Incubus(LoW) was mad good too. It is possible to be nearly perfect, but even using a high end macro pad like a Nostromo some things just aren't possible.

I found the best way to UOA macro spells was to use double taps. Like MA Fireball, MA lightning. By using 2 spell blocks you reduce the interupt chance.

I think this thread is the main reason I don't play UO anymore. I was used to the poor the service and ****ty patches. What got me in the end was the 100's of blatant cheaters going unpunished. I am not talking about people who macro skills, that never really bothered me, I am talking about the script farmers and speed hackers.(the dismount script got my goat too).

The release of UOC really made me sad. Built in potion chuggers and bandaid tools are pretty lame. You may as well hire a chinese kid to play for you and sit back and pack back a few beers. EA's response=nothing.

It was mentioned earlier, but the reality is EA can't really afford to ban people. They failed to ban those players back when it mattered and it is just to late now.

&lt;this emoticon shows how sad I am. I can't even be bothered to post a picture.

G

actually I do have some pictures...

and of course my friend Waygone

those are two of the problems with UO...

M

Malador

<blockquote><hr>

It was mentioned earlier, but the reality is EA can't really afford to ban people. They failed to ban those players back when it mattered and it is just to late now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is never too late. This game is still the best pvp platform. If they even just eliminated the speed ehancers it would attract people back.

I

imported_FireCrazy

<blockquote><hr>

I know i suck and, can't play this game but make it so i know i suck not cause someone is running a speed hack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I got beat a few weeks back by a kid who ran several circles around me and then he said he was just a great "button smasher"! I'm sorry but I dont see a button on my keyboard that shows me how to "run faster"!

I

imported_still frame

nice screenies and congrats to the gms surprised one showed up

G

ALot of the old school gm's were pretty good people, they really did care and tried. I think alot of the new GM's work on cpu's in Calcutta.

B

BlackBetty

The even sadder part were the scripters that were able to make their characters recall out when a name popped on their screen or you cast something. I was amazed at that. It made it a little harder to kill them, but remained a favorite thing to do. I would have to agree with your "
".

M

Malador

<blockquote><hr>

ALot of the old school gm's were pretty good people, they really did care and tried. I think alot of the new GM's work on cpu's in Calcutta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea many of them were cool. When I was into killing boat miners they got so used to me paging on unattended miners they would let me kill the person once they had verified they were scripting unattended.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Used the C word

[/ QUOTE ]

Well looks like Garrett (The Dude) AKA Madonna, Adonis or Garrett would be disqualified from UOD.