• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Third Party and Illegal Cheating

• Thread starter imported_Mystra
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mystra

Hi Everyone ,

Please understand this job is quite taxing , there are many rules that I am supposed to enforce most of which are outlined in the Rules of Conduct . The ROC states ...

<blockquote><hr>

Posting details of bugs and exploits in such a way that others are able to perform said bug or exploit is prohibited. In addition, documented involvement in activities that prove to be malicious and/or illegal in nature as it concerns the gaming industry as a whole will lead to immediate and permanent banning from the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we have many rules, some of which get bent and shaped into our version of the rules to some extent so long as the main purpose for that rule remains intact .

The reason for not allowing discussion naming of or disputing third party programs, hacks or cheats Is simple. If you mention a third party program someone will be curious and look into it , If you discuss the affects such programs have people will or can be enticed into finding more info. If we do not ponder such possibilities then we cannot break the main rule or get ourselves or anyone else into trouble, Since such things cannot come into play in UO there is no reason to talk about it . It will always end in accusations ,k debates over details of what is and what is not possible and how many people or guilds use such cheats. Since I am getting so much feedback on this issue I will allow opinions on whether or not such discussion prove beneficial to these forums. We will NOT however disregard the ROC quoted above no matter what .
So lets hear you sell it if you care ....

S

sammy acatour

I got to jelly beans
Do I hear 5 dolla,
I will even throw in a can o spinach
(that dont make since cause i would spend 2
on the spinach lol I got none here)

G

gargomel

Thanks Mystra, if I wasn't heading to a final right now Id have a few things to say, Ill get to it in a few hours.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Well we could bury our heads in the sand and prtend it doesn't happen. Its a plauge that is killing this game. In the past year the epidemic has spred to an out of control rate. Ea spoke about fixing this problem with punkbuster but side shelfed it waht ever reasons. I am not silly enough to beleive that this will stop everyone but it will make it harder for the average joe to obtain such programs. I am not sure if EA listens to complaints or is more intrested in throwing crap at us to keep the masses happy (ie: doom arties dropping like candy. When said guild comes in with "leet PVPers" with "uber skill" doing things that no one in the our guild can figure out how to reproduce, something is fishy. Oh and the whole story about my computor is a an uber machine with a an uber conection is wearing old. I now of only 1 person playing dial up still while most of us are on cable or even fiber its not like back in the day when the hot guys had cable the rest of us where still running 56k.

I

imported_Mystra

And for the record and purposes of this discussion you may mention certain programs but not details of using them or cheating the system in this thread .

I

imported_FireCrazy

Oh and the whole story about my computor is a an uber machine with a an uber conection is wearing old. I now of only 1 person playing dial up still while most of us are on cable or even fiber its not like back in the day when the hot guys had cable the rest of us where still running 56k.

I must disagree with ya on this comment sir..
My computer at home is quite a bit slower than the one I use at work..For 2 reasons..better processers and faster cable conn..I do not believe in using 3rd party programs, however I have been accused of using them because I do have an outstanding computer and connection at work..I know of several people in our guild who are still on dial-up and some of them only connect at 28.8kb on a good day. Of course they're not out in Fel with that kinda conn either!

M

Malador

For the stated and obvious reasons the naming of cheats and hacks should be illegal. People will find out the name and where to get the hack or cheat on their own eventually. There is no reason to speed that process up however some discussion is good. Take the recent pictures that were posted. Those depicted a player using a common TPP. The player in question has been ridiculed mercilessly and while he has shown no remorse at getting caught that ridicule might persuade others to avoid even trying them.

I simply dont see anything wrong with discussing cheats and hacks as long as they are not named and no description is given on how to aquire or use them.

S

sammy acatour

Um yea and it wasnt "hot" guys... It was rich little nerdys folkes who had the good stuff back in the day..... You know the ones the kids who get all the stuff rt when it comes out
And just when they go out of style and cheap is when the normal workin folkes get the no long good stuff for even better stuff is already out

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our poor poor Mystra, you know you are the best moderator on Stratics! Our boards are never dull and boring. You have a rough job and do it very well, I know it isn't easy keeping the Great Lakes crowd controlled.

Dang Sammy got in before the lock!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

Our poor poor Mystra, you know you are the best moderator on Stratics! Our boards are never dull and boring. You have a rough job and do it very well, I know it isn't easy keeping the Great Lakes crowd controlled.

Dang Sammy got in before the lock!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can always count on you to make me feel better !!
thanks

I

imported_The_Dude_

So does this mean we cant point out the fact that ppl are blatantly cheating when they post the pics themselves? Even if you just call them out when they says its uoassist....

S

sammy acatour

OK FROM THE DESK OF SAMMY FOR REAL THOUGH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1. I AGREE WITH DUDE, IF SOMEONE POSTS A PIC OF THEM USING A ILLEGAL
PROGRAM HOW COME WE CANT BE LIKE OOOO YOU DUMB **S CHEATER
BLA BLA BLA

2. UOA IS NOT CHEATING MANY THINK THAT IT IS BUT IT IS SUPPORTED AND LOVED BY UO.

3. AS FOR POSTING ABOUT SCAMS HOW COME WE CANNOT WARN FOLKS OF SUCH THINGS SO THAT THEY CAN AVOID THEM......

4. IF ONE TALKS ABOUT SOMEONE CHEATING AND THEY ADMIT OR HAVE BEEN CAUGHT VIA SCREEN SHOTS WHY DO FOLKS GET YELLED AT CAUSE THEY BUSTED THEM OUT ABOUT IT THAT JUST IS NOT FARE BAN THE ONES WHO WERE CHEATING

5.YES MYSTRA YOU GOT A HARD JOB........ BUT YOU ARE WONDERFULL THATS FOR SURE.

"NOW WHERE DID MY PILLOWS GO"

B

Bent

Wow I often wondered what the reason for not mentioning third party programs was and now that I know I find it rediculous!

Everyone with a brain knows the programs exist and how to find them its as easy as typing!!Come on are you serious?

The reason the rest of don't use them is we were raised right and were taught that cheaters never prosper!Now prove them right and start banning these little hackers I am getting sick of this growing problem.

I do know that certain comps and connections can help but I have a good comp and cable conn ,ping in 20s to 30s and still have been mounted and had on foot people outrun me !

I

imported_lady michelle

anyone could accuse anyone of scamming even if they don't scam. even with a pic proving it could be doctored pic. heck sammy I could create a char with your name make sure my outfits the same one you wear , take pics post it, and say your a scammer. Now can you see why its not allowed

S

sammy acatour

No what I am saying if i post a pic that shows im using @$)%(@!_ . right and then lets say you see my pictures then if you say oooo you lousy bum your using @$)%(@!_ . Then you will get in trouble for mention a program that part is what i am talking about. It has happend on these boards about 3 times since i found these boards. and the poster dont get in trouble but the folks that call said poster on it does.

S

sammy acatour

The reason the rest of don't use them is we were raised right and were taught that cheaters never prosper!

That and I would die just cry if I went to go log in and it told me NO!!

I have worked for almost 2 years now worked hard for my pixely stuff and yea i know its only pixels shut off the comp and there gone bla bla bla but they are my sammy's little treasure that i have grown to love...

I

imported_lady michelle

not sure why the person wasnt banned for pic of a illegal program, but you not suppose to post the name of it on the boards period. Mystra will have to answer about the pic, but I think if you see pics like that be wise to PM Mystra and get his attention on it,rather than post on the boards about it. Now I never use them, because I don't like downloading stuff on my computer I know nothing about, plus you have no idea if you might be downloading a keylogger.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

or even fiber

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was that guy

O

Officerdg

I know its not an approved tpp but I could care less if everybody on the shard used razor, no you shouldnt use it becouse its against the rules. HOWEVER, it does NOT do anything that assist doesnt do. If you use it and get cought, well, you know the rules so there is noone to blame. That program should be at the bottom of everybody's list and they need to start worrying about the ones that allow you to skip through a house and to the next shard. Ive had the opportunity to chase or run from a few people on great lakes that were on foot and no matter what I did I could not shake them or catch them and in a few instances they were out running me while I was mounted. The ones that cause you to lag soo bad you may as well just hand them your insurance money. The ones that couse people to drop there suit/armor/weapons whatever. The ones that cause you to client crash. All the ones that give an unfair advantage to your gamepley. No, I dont have a ****ty connection I ping usually less than 20 on a rare occasion that can shoot up to 25-28 but very rarely. Then they try to say get a better conection/PC I do have a great connection and have a great computer so I know thats not it. The best part is when they say they are pinging 70 - 150. Yeah right ok! Whatever.

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

I know its not an approved tpp but I could care less if everybody on the shard used razor, no you shouldnt use it becouse its against the rules. HOWEVER, it does NOT do anything that assist doesnt do. If you use it and get cought, well, you know the rules so there is noone to blame. That program should be at the bottom of everybody's list and they need to start worrying about the ones that allow you to skip through a house and to the next shard. Ive had the opportunity to chase or run from a few people on great lakes that were on foot and no matter what I did I could not shake them or catch them and in a few instances they were out running me while I was mounted. The ones that cause you to lag soo bad you may as well just hand them your insurance money. The ones that couse people to drop there suit/armor/weapons whatever. The ones that cause you to client crash. All the ones that give an unfair advantage to your gamepley. No, I dont have a ****ty connection I ping usually less than 20 on a rare occasion that can shoot up to 25-28 but very rarely. Then they try to say get a better conection/PC I do have a great connection and have a great computer so I know thats not it. The best part is when they say they are pinging 70 - 150. Yeah right ok! Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ] Wasnt it also created by a ex GM? thats what I heard.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has this been done a couple of years since the GM's where actually allowed to do something about this type of problem. I am not for sure exactly how we went from active GM's in the game for problems, to our current process now of: ask a question or wait in que for 9 hours if you page.

We dont need punkbuster, we need EA to allow the Game Masters to do their job. The atmosphere in game is completely different from when I first started. You would of never called people some the of words I have seen in game and not been bumped to jail and talked to by a GM. The scripters would of been bumped to jail or banned for no response. Speed Hackers have always been in game, but you didnt see them constantly using it like you do now.

You can moan and groan all you want about this type of behavior, I suggest you send your complaints to EA, because until they decide this isnt going to be allowed it wont change. So start telling EA customer service what you want, you know the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

D

DougAlmighty13

<blockquote><hr>

Then they try to say get a better conection/PC I do have a great connection and have a great computer so I know thats not it. The best part is when they say they are pinging 70 - 150. Yeah right ok! Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ping, on a good night, average of 100 on GL server, 50 or so on vent. I run a 4 meg DSL, and at these points, I don't have much lag, I run decently fast. When Deke's at home, he and I run in tandem, but when he's at work, he blows me away. So ya, it does make a difference, but not nearly as bad as speeder. Now, my 1.5 cents...
No, we shouldn't mention the names of programs, yes, we should be allowed to call people out when they post their own stupid evidence here. What (insert name of moron here) did was pretty dumb, and then he at first tried to deny it, then embraced it. Oh, and thanks Preston, I thought he was running [censored], not razor. But it brings me to my next point...
If people don't hear about it here, they will eventually join a guild that knows all about these hacks, and will thus be exposed to them. I know of some, from here and from word of mouth. Some guilds are pretty known for using some hacks. All I can say is if someone is the type of person to hack, they're gonna do it when they so much as hear that it's out there.

B

BlackBetty

Why not just pm Mystra and give him a "heads up" instead of trying to skate around the RoC? Whether the person posts a screen shot of the program running or not doesn't change the RoC or that discussing those programs is against the RoC.

Mystra is MORE than fair and allows us MUCH MORE freedom than any other shard forum. Seems nice to have a Mod to take the time to post concerning the subject instead of just saying "read the RoC".

Holy hell!! Why is everyone in such a rush to be the first to throw stones?

C

Craklord

The thing about uo is it doesnt matter if your not cheating...If you kill someone in there eyes cause your better then them your a hacker or cheater thats what ive noticed about this shard is you kill someone 1v2 like i did yesterday and omg hes a hacker lol why because u got owned 1v2?People just need to stop talking and play so what u died BIG DEAL GO GET RESSED AND DO IT AGAIN... i mean really how hard is it Not to say anything when u die? For me its simple i dont say a word i get even...

T

Trailer Trash

I get accused of speed hacking everyday, i dont!!!! I just have a very fast computer and i pay 80 dollars a month to have my cable expanded to 15 mb compared to the standard 5mb that the normal cable internet gives you.
my ping average on gl is 39.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

<blockquote><hr>

The thing about uo is it doesnt matter if your not cheating...If you kill someone in there eyes cause your better then them your a hacker

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because its so wide spread that you don't know who is and who is not. But when someone is able to out run you while thier on foot, you know that something is fishy. And it DOES seem like entire guilds are able to peform the same skills. I don't even think the gm's know how is and who isn't, and you can turn it on and off when needed. So what is the fix. I am not a computor geek so I dont know what the fix is.

I

imported_lady michelle

A guy and his friend did a test with KR and 2d. Apparently why we might be seeing alot of skipping is KR runs faster than 2d. was posted in Uhall, also in the thread a utube video on it was posted.

I

imported_The_Dude_

There is no way in hell you were outrun when u were on a mount and they were on foot. Especially if you ping like you say. I hear that crap everyday. I know who the people who skip are i constantly dismount them. They dont skip as much when they are on foot...

There is no hack that make people drop armor. People need to stop this bs. If this hack existed uo would be done. Most the peole lose there stuff to ignorance. Downloading a script from a guildmate(not once but TWICE) or just running out of insurance.

There is no lag hack or a hack that causes you to lose connection. Crap like that is ridiculous. Just like there is no cast hack. I hear it all the time from people in game and in the guilds ive been in.

Craklord is right no matter what you do if you beat someone you cheat. U need to know the mechanics of the game and how to get around people cheating. If they are skipping dont run straight lines change directions you will notice them skip by you and have to correct. Keep doing this and you can make it away from them.

If you still want to play the omg he was faster then me on foot bs. Go to test center load the speedhack and have one your guildmates get on foot.

As someone mentioned KR is way faster then 2d. You will skip to people using 2d if your in kr with a decent comp and connection.

G

gargomel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePQaO515Km8&amp;feature=related

That pretty much sums it up.
But I do believe there are a ton hacks out there, some of which are not nearly as rampant on our shard as others, we have mostly speed runners, why, because we have so many damn people that are scared of a videogame, they cheat in order to run away from a fight! Bloody pansies, and I feal bad for what this means for them rl, maybe for some nothing, but Im sure for some it paints a clear picture of how they live there lives.

S

sammy acatour

<font color="red"> OMFG</font>

I JUMPED SO FREAKEN HIGH LOL THAT WAS COOL

K

Kratos Aurion

lol.. didn't affect me because my volume doesnt get that loud on laptop

was kind of random.

S

sammy acatour

I was just lookin at the rest of the movie's.... How come there not in english though

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

Why not just pm Mystra and give him a "heads up" instead of trying to skate around the RoC? Whether the person posts a screen shot of the program running or not doesn't change the RoC or that discussing those programs is against the RoC.

Mystra is MORE than fair and allows us MUCH MORE freedom than any other shard forum. Seems nice to have a Mod to take the time to post concerning the subject instead of just saying "read the RoC".

Holy hell!! Why is everyone in such a rush to be the first to throw stones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. I do have a job and family and cannot police this board 24/7 but I welcome all PM's and If you dont get your answer or the one yuo want as fast as you think it should be done please try to understand. Things happen slowly here but they happen to the best of my and your abilities.
Just because you think someone should be banned does not mean they will but your words are always taken into consideration by myself and the admins.
thanks
Mystra

O

Officerdg

Whatever you say! You are the expert of all uo things good bad and ugly. Have you ever been to any of the town halls or meetings? Most likely no, if you had been to any where the subject was brought up then you would know that all of those things are possible and the devs admit that they know it happenes and have banned people for it. This is a personal opinion thread so you did voice yers.

A

attilla26

<blockquote><hr>

Now we have many rules, some of which get bent and shaped into our version of the rules to some extent so long as the main purpose for that rule remains intact .

The reason for not allowing discussion naming of or disputing third party programs, hacks or cheats Is simple. If you mention a third party program someone will be curious and look into it , If you discuss the affects such programs have people will or can be enticed into finding more info. If we do not ponder such possibilities then we cannot break the main rule or get ourselves or anyone else into trouble, Since such things cannot come into play in UO there is no reason to talk about it . It will always end in accusations ,k debates over details of what is and what is not possible and how many people or guilds use such cheats. Since I am getting so much feedback on this issue I will allow opinions on whether or not such discussion prove beneficial to these forums. We will NOT however disregard the ROC quoted above no matter what .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...I think your first line says it all. Rules are bent to allow freedoms to those who are, lets say "more popular" than others on these forums. Rules are rules - if they are bent then they are simply guidelines. If these "rules" are then bent...its pretty tough for "us" to know how far they are bent and just exactly what is allowed.

My second thought. Somewhere in the ROC it says "posting pictures of illegal acts that harm the gaming industry" is a broad generalization...and could be construed to mean posting pics of running Razor...which a. is ILLEGAL to begin with, and b. said person even admits to running ILLEGAL program, yet, when another asks, then THAT person is the one in trouble.

That has got to be the most screwed up thing I have ever heard. Its ok to post pics of doing something illegal, but then someone else mentioning it isnt ok???? How can you possibly justify that Mystra? And I suppose the answer is because it doesnt allow others to search for and find "said" program...no...lol...this just gives them visual proof that they do exist. LOL.

And to the guy that says these programs dont exist...dont feel like going back and looking...I believe it was The_Dude, if you dont think speed-enhancing programs exist, as well as another program that we all know that starts in an E and ends in an O, amongst a whole host of others...just who in the hell do you think you're kiddin? If people are accusing you of hacking, you're pretty defensive about illegal programs for someone who doesn't run them. I am NOT saying you do or don't...simply saying you're defending that side pretty heavily with claims these programs dont exist.

Sorry for the long post, but I've waited to chime in, and I see this post is already heading off another direction and btw...Lady Michelle...in that post he still isnt running UOA.

Anyways...in conclusion, Mystra, if you're gonna allow posting of illegal programs by people, then reprimand those who actually mention the name of said person using said person, you might as well allow sexual harrassment, adult language, explicit adult pictures, and everything else on these forums. They are all part of the ROC too, so why not just "bend" those rules too as you do for many others?

B

BlackBetty

As one of the more "popular" posters on here (just kidding), let me just say that there isn't anyone that gets by with breaking the RoC. Quite frankly, Mystra is what some might call lenient, when in reality he is giving a person the benefit of the doubt and making sure they have a purdy flashing envelope to let them know they are on 'thin ice' and close to breaking the RoC.

Some of us have (or used to) make an art of trying to skate around the Roc. Truthfully, most folks aren't creative enough to say what they want without crossing the line. I have crossed it before, without malicious intent, and just in fun, but none the less, broke the RoC and had to face and admit it.

Bottom line is this; whether someone else posts a screen shot with proof of their cheating, it does not make it ok for folks to continually talk about it. It goes nowhere but a bad place. Besides, what good does it do to keep talking about it?

On a lighter note, anyone seen my camel?

A

attilla26

<blockquote><hr>

As one of the more "popular" posters on here (just kidding), let me just say that there isn't anyone that gets by with breaking the RoC. Quite frankly, Mystra is what some might call lenient, when in reality he is giving a person the benefit of the doubt and making sure they have a purdy flashing envelope to let them know they are on 'thin ice' and close to breaking the RoC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, Mystra does a good job of policing these boards and allowing leniency. That, however, is what makes it difficult to enforce when people "talk" about it. That said, again, my point...ok to post pics of "illegal" wrongdoings...but not ok to talk about it...doesnt make any sense to me; all or none would be the better option.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I get accused of speed hacking everyday, i dont!!!! I just have a very fast computer and i pay 80 dollars a month to have my cable expanded to 15 mb compared to the standard 5mb that the normal cable internet gives you.
my ping average on gl is 39.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not accuseing anyone of anything not you, noone else either with that said

I have fiber optic to my home, ping 31 to GL, but my understanding there is a serverside restrictor plate if you will, that caps teh connection speed, irreguardless of being on a t-1 or a 3 meg dsl it is supose to be the same with the cap in place. With my ping of average 31 there are still certian folks who seem to run circles around me on foot, I have optimized to play on my gameign pc and UO is the only one that folks are faster than me.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Quite frankly, Mystra is what some might call lenient, when in reality he is giving a person the benefit of the doubt and making sure they have a purdy flashing envelope to let them know they are on 'thin ice' and close to breaking the RoC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off hand I can think of atleast 3 times if it was a different moderator i woudl have had a perminante ban.

<blockquote><hr>

On a lighter note, anyone seen my camel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Camel toe is off smelling my stinky finger

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

Well...I think your first line says it all. Rules are bent to allow freedoms to those who are, lets say "more popular" than others on these forums. Rules are rules - if they are bent then they are simply guidelines. If these "rules" are then bent...its pretty tough for "us" to know how far they are bent and just exactly what is allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think people get treated differently because of who they are by me then you take that to the admins. I will ask them in a few days if you have and what proof you provided. be prepared to defend that accusation. It is ludicrous and I don't appreciate it . If the rules were followed to the letter you would hear Crickets on this forum instead of all of the strong willed posts I allow for the benefit of the community that do not cause harm or go against the ROC in such a way as to not be permitted.
Please complain to the admins so they replace me and you get a moderator better suited to your liking.

C

Craklord

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think people get treated differently because of who they are by me then you take that to the admins. I will ask them in a few days if you have and what proof you provided. be prepared to defend that accusation. It is ludicrous and I don't appreciate it . If the rules were followed to the letter you would hear Crickets on this forum instead of all of the strong willed posts I allow for the benefit of the community that do not cause harm or go against the ROC in such a way as to not be permitted.
Please complain to the admins so they replace me and you get a moderator better suited to your liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

No your doing better then any admin ive seen well sure theres a cool admin on atlantic but other then that u do your job VERY VERY well just there will always be the ****** people who think there right at everything so you just gotta ignore them ... :p

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry for the long post, but I've waited to chime in, and I see this post is already heading off another direction and btw...Lady Michelle...in that post he still isnt running UOA.

[/ QUOTE ] ahh ok. sometimes stuff on the taskbar groups up. I just figured with all the stuff he was running on the taskbar thats what it did, well at least he wasnt running a nonlegit program this time.

I

imported_Mystra

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No your doing better then any admin ive seen well sure theres a cool admin on atlantic but other then that u do your job VERY VERY well just there will always be the ****** people who think there right at everything so you just gotta ignore them ... :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do but sometimes they get to me , I am after all only Human

G

gargomel

I cant believe this thread for one second is going offensive against Mysrta. A major problem exists in UO that the devs cant fix do to how rampant it is. They wont ban all the illegal use of 3rd party programs due to the fact that the population would go down to next to nothing. That said, the community has to demoralize these punks who are to scared to play this game right, they cant win a fight without cheating, then think they did something good by killing someone... I dont have an answer to the problem, but as a community something has to happen, and really the whole of Yew gate pvp is disgusting, we have blues running around in steath that do nothing but dismount and re-hide... If thats fun for you, well you are more easily entertained then I am. *not about tactics, about hacks* Ok, so, my question is, does anyone have any ideas on what the community of people that play the game right can collectively do? Devs are not doing anything, we need to...
And Mystra has some balls making this thread, he had a firm stance on a issue, the community asked him for discussion on it, and here we go, we are not discussing the problem.
Sorry for the long post, just woke up, heading snowboarding, no time to fix the errors... Im more of a math guy then a writer anyways.

I

imported_The_Dude_

I never said speedenhancing program dont exist. I said there is no way someone outran him while he was on a mount and they were on foot when he pings 20. This is just a ignorant thing to say. I watch the people who skip all the time at the gate. I fight them all the time. As alot seem to be joining up with factions. I dismount these guys and for some reason there enhancers dont make a huge differance on foot.

I was stating that you here this crap about omg he outran me on foot and i have a 3 ping. Thats just ludicrous and not possible. That would mean on a mount he would be running 3-4 times as fast as you. That just doesnt happen. You see all these things on you tube never has anyone flat out ran 3-4x faster. They skip tiles not screens.

As for the other programs if you seriously think there is a hack/program that can make someone drop there armor on command your ignorant. This game would have ended in fell the day after this hack was found. Be like hey lets duel gank him and bam u have his entire suit.

This crap about he lagged me he made me lost connection is also just as stupid. These programs that start with [censored] can do alot and have ruined alot of this game. But the stuff some of you people believe they can do is stupid.

4 people could hold off a harrower if they had the ever elusive omg he made me lose connection hack. Or omg i ping 3 and i couldnt move that dude must have the lag hack. People believe these things exist because they think they are better then they are. Again sometimes when your beat you just flat out beat...

G

gargomel

lol! some of what you claim is not possiable is more then possiable, as for the armor drop, never heard of that one, but there could of been a glich in the game at one time, that I would believe.
Man, there are certain people, that when they come on screen, WHOLE guilds will lock up... I guess its just the biggest coincidence ever. And how can you ever claim what is possiable and what is not in a virtual world... We tame dragons, and shoot fire, and you dont believe...