• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all.

Kimi, it's things like that which make me glad I just borrow a neighours cat at times ;)

K

Kiminality

She's not always that bad.

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face, typing that.
She's the naughtiest cat I've known.
I like to think I've been a good role model ;)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I will be in Warwickshire for the time. We were thinking about doing a day-trip to the Black Country Museum (or something like that) and I think that's somewhere near Wales ... ah well, just have to hope that you won't be anywhere near then *g*
Black Country Museum is well worth a visit

As is the Crich Tramway Museum over in Derbyshire

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rain starts play..

Is there a particular skill required to place a mousehole or is it just another way for UO to make me age faster?

S

Seasseragh

- You can´t place MH on walls that run along the border of the plot
- To place it "right" you need to place it on the tile "behind" the wall you want to put it in,
use Circle of Transparency to see that tile
-You can place it on the ground floor, but it wont work then (as it works like a trapdoor)
-You need to be in slime-, rat- or rabbit-form to use it (so you fit in the hole)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblewomen, babblemen and babblehermaphrodites!

-You need to be in slime-, rat- or rabbit-form to use it (so you fit in the hole)
One can actually USE the mouse holes? Wow, that's cute ... I didn't know that ...

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning everyone
Raining again here so its housework or UO....let me think about that for a minute.

Thanks for the reply about the mouse hole..I didn't realise you could use them!

S

Seasseragh

One can actually USE the mouse holes? Wow, that's cute ... I didn't know that ...
Thanks for the reply about the mouse hole..I didn't realise you could use them!
Welcome, both.
I had hoped for them to work like the ones in Castle Brit (like an actual hole in the wall), but instead they work like a trapdoor, i.e. take you down one level.

I wouldn´t have got one if they didn´t, as their deco-value is...minimal ;)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm ... still sounds cute and worthwhile. I thought they are only for decoration and didn't bother getting one, but now ...

S

Seasseragh

I´ve read post of people saying they use it to access "secret" rooms in their house.
And they sure are fun :)

K

Kiminality

Personally, my favourite reward is the "Human doesn't go 'omgwtf I'm blind!' earrings"

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that you guys have solved my mouse hole problem maybe you can solve another...greater dragons. Just how do you tame them? I have no peacemaking on my tamer but their barding difficulty seems very high anyway...how do you do it? My tamer is 120/120/120 real skill so hopefully she is capable..any tips?

K

Kiminality

The easiest way, I think, is to have honor on your tamer.
That way, it won't attack you, even if you "seem to anger the beast"

Other than that, I don't think there's an easyway :/

C

Coppelia

Hi!
The easiest way, I think, is to have honor on your tamer.
That way, it won't attack you, even if you "seem to anger the beast"

Other than that, I don't think there's an easyway :/
How much honor you need to make it work? (my peacemaking skill is too low)

K

Kiminality

You need to achieve a path in honor, which is easier said than done...
First path give, I think, 30 seconds.
Second, I think, is 2 minutes.
Never reached third.

Basically, the little honor symbol in the virtue gump has to be lit up some shade, to be able to do it at all.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Babbleladies (as there seem to be no Babbleguys online yet)!

Raising your Honor to Knighthood is easy, especially for a tamer: take your best pet (Cus work good) and head over to the Dojo. Go down to level 2 to the hall with the Succubbus. Lure the Ronin away and get to work on the Succubbii. Honor the Succubbus, let the pet kill it, heal the pet (don't go near the pet while it is fighting! The Succubbus will target you very quickly and you might get into trouble), rinse and go again. This way you will make LOTS of gold and your Honor will go up nicely all the way to Knighthood.

You could do the same with Ancient Wyrms, but they take forever to re-spawn, so the Dojo is where you want to go.

Have fun :bdh:

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks both! I have never fought in the Dojo so I will have a look there this afternoon as it is still raining here! :(

I hope someone is getting some summer weather somewhere

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go to the Dojo the first time, be careful. There are a lot of Fandancers and other nasties around, but they are easy to outrun. So just ignore everything that might target you and run straight down to the 2nd level and to the great hall with the Succubbus. It helps a lot if you have some magery and can cast invis on yourself :)

It's important though to lure the Ronin away and leave him stranded somewhere out of reach. He spawns as quickly as the Succubbus and it's not very nice to fight them both. The bugger with the Dojo is that you can recall out but not in. So every time you have to unload your gold you need to run through the whole place again to get back to the hall. But I think that's a small price for all the karma, fame, gold and honor you get from playing with the Succubbus.

Just make sure you stay way behind your pet and don't go near the Succubbus, or it will target you and that's not so funny. Heal the pet when the thing is dead if necessary, not when it's fighting! That's why Cus are handy as they kill them quite fast, heal themselves and you can ride on them past all the monsters on the way.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hooray for summer weather!

We went pony trekking today, and are going coasteering tomorrow.

We probably won't get as wet tomorrow as we did today. :mf_prop:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning-morning babble-babble!

Yay, I am the first one today ... I blame it on the nice summery weather :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Seass.

Do we have any informations about a new Caravan? I heard Scrumpy is working on a song about him loosing Typhoid Mary to the Vanguards or something like that ... sounds up-lifting *g*

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all!
Sun is out! Weee!
Did manage to hit the Dojo and get my honour up and now....I have a nice new pet! Yay! Thanks all for the advice and pointers, they really helped.

No more UO for me today though...well maybe a little later! Have fun all

S

Seasseragh

Morning Seass.

Do we have any informations about a new Caravan? I heard Scrumpy is working on a song about him loosing Typhoid Mary to the Vanguards or something like that ... sounds up-lifting *g*
I´m a bit out of the loop regarding the caravans. I hear Birdseye was doing some kind of red-organized caravan, but Paidric seems to be busy elsewhere.
I guess the HLP-homepage is your best bet for up-to-date info.

Mary lost to the Vanguards? *gasp* That´s terrible news!
But then again a woman of her qualities is sure tempting even to those.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too tempting I fear .. ah well, she might be behind them retreating from some places. I always thought there might be more to her than one thinks. Those eyes .... "scary" doesn't even begin to describe them!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all

Fluffi that sounds like fun, although possibly rather damp fun :)

C

Coppelia

Helloes in there!

Morning Babbleladies (as there seem to be no Babbleguys online yet)!

Raising your Honor to Knighthood is easy, especially for a tamer: take your best pet (Cus work good) and head over to the Dojo. Go down to level 2 to the hall with the Succubbus. Lure the Ronin away and get to work on the Succubbii. Honor the Succubbus, let the pet kill it, heal the pet (don't go near the pet while it is fighting! The Succubbus will target you very quickly and you might get into trouble), rinse and go again. This way you will make LOTS of gold and your Honor will go up nicely all the way to Knighthood.

You could do the same with Ancient Wyrms, but they take forever to re-spawn, so the Dojo is where you want to go.

Have fun :bdh:
I never tried the Succubi, but with the new pet AI it should be more comfortable.
But can you stay 2 tiles away from the pet to heal it or you can just let it kill the monster and come back for a heal without fear of having the pet killed before the monster?
I'm gonna try with my vanguard super-horsey I think.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all.

Back from Ireland, we escaped the heatwave and headed for the rain on the west coast. Theres a reason I prefer to live up north dang nabbit. Any temperature over 25 celsius and my body and mind stop working. The order was magical landscapes, and we got that. Mission accomplished.

Spent yesterday afternoon and a good portion of today to restock my vendors after my week off. Now all done, except for the plants of course. I might be able to check out these new pets one of these days, a great dragon sounds like something worth keeping. But how do other tamers juggle their stable slots with so many to choose from now?

C

Coppelia

Ireland's landscape are marvellous :)

For stable slots... hard to manage for me. With 2 white wolves, a squirrel, a drake and a fire steed that doesn't let me a lot for the new pets. I'll probably free the drake to get a greater dragon. I don't have any cu sidhe nor white wyrm.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning peepsdom!

Helloes in there!

I never tried the Succubi, but with the new pet AI it should be more comfortable.
But can you stay 2 tiles away from the pet to heal it or you can just let it kill the monster and come back for a heal without fear of having the pet killed before the monster?
I'm gonna try with my vanguard super-horsey I think.
I won't try to heal your pet with bandies while it is fighting the Succubus. They have some area effects which when they hit you instantly makes them target you instead of the pet, and that's not nice. I always stay way behind my pet and heal with greater heal if necessary. But it's normally enough to let my cu kill the succubi and heal it before the next one spawns.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops...............par'n me

Thought I was in the Babble Thread

When did they move the Taming Forum?

:bored:

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

It's me here, Scrumpy. Err ... I think yer got that one already. Anyway ... I just wanted to clear up a few things about Mary's disappearance.

Nobody has seen that old witch for several months now. This wouldn't be very remarkable or even tragic, if for one peculiar detail: since then we had all these weird Guards popping up everywhere, with or without vans, and all those smelly critters which seem to be their family. Now, doesn't that make yer suspecting summing or not?

As I see it there are two possibilities here: either my favourite hag was kidnapped by those silly invaders (for what purpose I can not even begin to consider thinking about) OR she is behind all this. Never mind that old hamsterfur she's wearing for a robe, there is more to her than meets yer eye ... and aren't you glad for it? That not all meets yer eyes, what did you think?

So, keep yer guard up. I predict a riot! The World is coming to an end! Get rid of yer worldly goods! Give some of it to yer local beggar!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops...............par'n me

Thought I was in the Babble Thread

When did they move the Taming Forum?

:bored:
Maybe since there is no Taming Forum :lick:

Oh dear me .. what is HE doing here again? I smell mothballs ... :coco:

M

Melchiah

There's nowt wrong with mothballs - of course, the real question is - now that I've bothered to come over to the new, temporary, everlasting forums - how do I get my old posts and reg details back?

After all, history is important :)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all...glorious rain here again.

*gets out her fishing rod*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all.

It's a bit damp here, which is good as it means i can stay indoors without feeling guilty :p

K

Kiminality

Morning all.

You've got that right, Nilrem.
It also means all the idiot children can avoid going outside, too...

*Sighs*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kimi, if they're not your children them not going outside can be a positive thing...(less noise from them running around).
If they're your children, or the neighbours :( ;)

Afternoon all.
It looks like I'm going to be spending a lovely afternoon out in the garage.
I've been "reminded" about the alarm we need to fit for it.

U

ultima online

Kimi, if they're not your children them not going outside can be a positive thing...(less noise from them running around).
If they're your children, or the neighbours :( ;)

Afternoon all.
It looks like I'm going to be spending a lovely afternoon out in the garage.
I've been "reminded" about the alarm we need to fit for it.
think kimi means the idiot children ingame?

and g'afternoon!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
g'morning each

Grandson gone back home, so all can return to normal

I'd forgotten what it was like to never complete a thought that wasn't interrupted by constant questions and requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.