• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all.

Busy tidying up here, something i should have done over the weekend but it was too hot to be doing stuff inside :)

T

Tior

Re: Petra

Oh the time! I wish I had more :/
Between working and household stuff and garderwork and such like the computer gets little to non time nowadays. But of course. I look in now and then!

I thought this would be the right thread to post this in as the other one was about your wedding day, then I would have gone OT and thats a rule breaking...and we cant have that can we ;)

Anyway. I WISH THE HEAT WIL GO AWAY god dammit. It is like a gazillion degreese outside :/ and Im actually melting when I stand there in the sun fixing the umm...*dont know the english word* it is like a veeery cool cellar outdoors, made from stones, and it is partly underground?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ooh! not sure there *is* an English word for that, sounds interesting.

good to see you Tior, and this is just the right place to chat to us off topic.

T

Tior

Oh!
Then I had to find a picture, indeed I did
http://www.kovjokielement.fi/images/HPIM1181.JPG

Lilke that one!, mine is sort of caving in, or the front wall is slowly moving outwards like / <---that :D because of some bushes on the top of it that have pressed the stones away from each other with thier damned roots!

So, what have I done, I have taken the front wall down, and now Im putting it back up :D It is rather easy but heavy :/ as Im a thin guy lol. The stones in our outdoor cellar is not really stones but castings from residue when then make steel. Once again I have no idea what the name is but it looks like this
http://www.jarnriket.com/bruken/bilder/35-022_axmarfoenster.jpg

But enough about me and my doings.
Hows you? You doing ok?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm doing fine, busy lady now, playing uo, watching irc channels (IRCop) modding on 3 boards. This one, the europe trade one and Siege. And now Zigzag has got me learning the programme they use to put content on the main site! Not sure what he's got in mind for me on that yet.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fogou you too !

Morning though, does anyone have excessive rain and thunder at the moment...? If so can you stick your head out the window and try and blow it in the direction of Newcastle...?

Fankcoo.

K

Kiminality

I think we used it all up a few days ago.
Though, it feels like there's something brewing in Brum, so you never know.

BTW, is anyone willing to trade a cloak of corruption for some blackrock?

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've had lovely sun like the rest of the country but it's only served to prove that my skin is incapable of tanning, I'll be milky white till the end of time.

So storms please !

K

Kiminality

Plenty of blackrock here, no cloak of corruption...

It might not be necessary, though...
Does Lich Form have an effect that damages over time?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes Kimi, I believe it does, look up necromancy on Stratics, should give a description of each spell. I only have a couple of cloaks, which I don't want to part with, but if it helps I'll lend you one for a while.

Good morning people.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Lords and Ladies Babble!

And what a fine morning it is here ... sun, heat, no cloud in the skies ... makes you feel all regal as this used to be called "Kaiser-Wetter" (emperors-weather) in the oldie days ... just bummer I have to work :bs:

S

Scrumpy Jack

Good morning you lot!

I see it's all spanking new around here. Well, they have money for that, huh? And then there is all this traffic in Brit's Sewers lately. Foreigners swooshing through, not saying "Good morning to you, Sir" or anything like that and "vrooom", off they go again.

I tell you something: the world is coming to an end!

K

Kiminality

Seasseragh was kind enough to trade me one for some blackrock, so I gave it a try, and brought healing/anat almost to 70/70.
It sure beats massacring my armour, for damage to heal.

Cat threw up on the bed early this morning...
Sometimes, if I'm quick, I can get her to the bath before she spills.
Otherwise, I can usually catch it in my hand (eww!).
Neither of them happened, so I was changing the bed this morning, on about 4 hours sleep...
:eek:snap:

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I share your misery Kimi, housesitting at the moment and the cat I'm taking care of has an amazing tendency to vomit after almost every meal. The most adventurous so far was on the windowsill of the downstairs bay window, I mean why why why !

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hola, new here!

Was wondering, didn't Barian have the co-ords to his fantastic shop on his signature at one time?

Been running all round Yew trying to find it... please put me out of my misery :D

Oh and my experience with cats are that they go down on their haunches and start to edge backwards just before the inevitable!! Maybe someone could design a bib?

K

Kiminality

Hola, new here!

Was wondering, didn't Barian have the co-ords to his fantastic shop on his signature at one time?

Been running all round Yew trying to find it... please put me out of my misery :D

Oh and my experience with cats are that they go down on their haunches and start to edge backwards just before the inevitable!! Maybe someone could design a bib?
From the Yew moongate, run downwards (South East) and you run pretty near Yewdale.
Watch for a cleating on the map, and if you hit the road, you've gone too far ;)

Failing that, North of the stables in Skara is an EM placed moongate, which leads to the guardhouse a little South-East of Yewdale.
I can't remember what it was placed for, but it's a remnant of an event.

K

Kiminality

Thanks Kimi, found it and bought some tables from Runlykell :D
Those directions worked?
My usual one is to go via Yew Moongate, tap the left mouse button while holding the right to "follow mouse", and aim downwards.
After about a minute of spacing out, I remember what I was doing, flail around a bit, and I usually find myself about there ;)

Anyway, y'here that Petra?
It wasn't me that brought all your tables this time :p

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all, a bit soggy round here at the moment.
Pity it's just raised the humidity rather than lowered the temperature ;)

Kimi, you may not have bought all the tables this time, but you've been an accomplice to someone buying them, which is almost as bade :p

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blimey......took 24 hours to get a reply

Bad show chaps

:(

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all.

The babble is certainly slow at the moment, is everyone out enjoying the sun/rain?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good babble morningdom!

Another weekend under our belt and off we go into the new week ... sheesh, sometimes I am tiring myself *shakes head*

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning everyone
Trying to be optimistic about the weather this morning :bowdown:

As usual I am weeks behind with all the events and have spent an hour looking for the Gypsy Oasis. Thought I knew most of the places in UO but this one has escaped me! I shall retire to the garden in frustration!

Hope everyone is having fun

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to be optimistic about the weather this morning :bowdown:

Sorry, that's a waste of time.

I have just started a fortnight off, so we can expect a week of lashing rain, fog, typhoons, blizzards and floods, followed by seven days of heatwave/drought with weather so hot that crops ignite, roads melt, and people collapse in the streets. :eek:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
errr ... I will be in England for a week from next Tuesday on ... where do I have to apply for the appropriate holiday weather?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You "might" be safe if you avoid South Wales from now until Sunday, and then stay away from the Longleat area for the following week.

I can make no promises: It all depends on how much hate the malevolent Gods have for me at the moment.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I will be in Warwickshire for the time. We were thinking about doing a day-trip to the Black Country Museum (or something like that) and I think that's somewhere near Wales ... ah well, just have to hope that you won't be anywhere near then *g*

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a report of a freak hurricane heading up the Bristol Channel towards the Valleys....

K

Kiminality

About 5 hours sleep...
Cat decided to do the whole "OMG! Stomach contents!" thing, and I couldn't get back to sleep...

Made it to the bath with her, though :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure if I would want a cat like that ... well, actually I don't want a cat at all. Call me the not-catty-type ...

Status
Not open for further replies.