• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Origin PVP smacktalk thread- Part 3.5

• Thread starter imported_Chaucer of TS
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crow

Something that strikes me as odd.

The only responses we are getting are about others working together...or, 'hand holding' if you will. And even then usually to probably not so well thought out or well written posts...

*slaps Chubby with a grammar book* They're called periods!!!

Here's the deal folks, from my point of view I don't care who works together with whom. What seems to be lost on everyone is we don't care who works together, just don't claim you don't, cause it's not true. When the situation calls for it, we have called on others, including AV and FFBz.

I wonder if people remember the night we turned Moonglow gate into Yew gate? At first AV and LSN/D were fighting each other, till FL crashed the party, then we all fought together for hours against them...good times.

I've taken shots at FL and FFBz on other issues without response, and it keeps going back to 'hand holding' crying, from both sides...give it a rest please.

And Shot, LSN is not leaving Origin. We invested a lot of time, effort and even money transferring here. We started as a small group of 4 actual people. We have picked up a few people sense we got here. Some have worked out great, some not so well. Yeah, we’re not up in full force like we used to be, I myself have been out of game for a couple months due to real life and work kicking my ass. Others dealing with family, summer or the same. But we aren’t going anywhere.

What is important to remember, we ourselves are not a hardcore pvp group. The original 4 all have at one time or another been in hardcore pvp groups, and it wasn't for us, we like a bit of everything. And are less then a year old as a guild. Circumstances brought us together, and we had common interests and clicked as friends. Baja wasn't working for us, and we want to maintain small manageable numbers of cool people, not be over bloated and have to deal with people we can't stand, hence a couple members we have kicked, and alliances we have dropped.

And that's another thing I want to address. AV people need to stop calling themselves a trammy group, you're using it as a crutch, and it only makes you look worse to those who know what is really going on. Just because you don't use every trick in the book to make yourself untouchable, or have years of experience doesn't make you trammy.

Both of us do what more guilds should, get people out there and fight.

Z

Zyanna

Well, I think you all acting like newbies. First of all if you want to Pvp then Pvp and quit whining about this and that. You can complain if you want or you can quit typing and get out there and fight. For all the time you you spend on here posting stuff in here you must be bored as hell. I don't mind at all killing whoever. I'm sure my archer Paquette will try to dismount you if you are blue running naked in fel or red trying to raid. Anyways get out there and have some fun so i can make some insurance gold off you :p

S

Serkon/Gemini

Im in AV and very proud to be a trammy, its not a crutch, its something im proud of and will continue to be so.AV does peerless and Doom with ease.Sure we die sometimes(alot at times) but it happens,but what matters is that we are able to regroup and complete the challenge.Why not call ourselves trammies??We dont like pure pvp all the time or even half the time, it gets boring to us.Im still trying to figure out why everyone hates AV.What did we do to you?Im not good at pvp and i dont claim to be nor does most of AV, although im sure there are a few.I myself hate trash talk,i dont think it solves anything, im just here trying to explain why AV will always be trammies.

I

Intoxication

Hell that is one of the first truthful post we have gotten out of a av member. Like I said I have nothing against AV. The more people we get into Fel the more fights we have.
The thing i can't stand is trash talk and people trying to make themselves sound better then everyone else like a certain member of AV keeps doing. It's a game and supposed to be fun, when you get so stressed out by it as this certain member of av keeps doing it losses all its fun. I don't see why you even bother with it if you are going to just get so up set by it.
LSN has and always will be a all around guild. We call ourselves neither a hard core pvp guild nor trammys. I got bored of soloing peerless and doom every night and had a big interest in pvp. After trying to find a guild that could balance both, and be GOOD at both, i had no luck. that's when my paths crossed with my original Baja members and we made just that. A fun all around guild that normally will not trash talk out side of a few members that get hot headed and flame from time to time.
I myself have never liked Yew gate fighting. I like a fun field fight war type of thing that shows how well groups work together but when you throw guard zones and housing into the mix it's just not a real field fight. I also like doing one vs ones fights. These are both things that are good for learning as a group and a person how to pvp, but these are not things you will find at yew gate under most conditions. At yew gate you will find people hiding either in guard zone or in houses and neither of the two is any better then the other. At Yew gate you will find ganks and trash talk. If you are going to fight at Yew gate don't come here crying about the way Yew gate is. It is no different on any other shard and there are many guilds that spend most of there time there and enjoy it.

M

Morgaine

The thing i can't stand is trash talk and people trying to make themselves sound better then everyone else like a certain member of AV keeps doing. It's a game and supposed to be fun, when you get so stressed out by it as this certain member of av keeps doing it losses all its fun. I don't see why you even bother with it if you are going to just get so up set by it.
I have a feeling this is directed to me, since i have been the only AV posting until very recently, if it isnt then just ignore this post....

otherwise... I will be the first to admit I suck at pvp lol I have only been playing the game itself for 10 months and I know I have a lot to learn.
I love a good arguement or debate and if I am the only one who will post responses to you guys when someone decides to post stuff about AV, its mainly for that reason... because I can and because I love doing it, its not because I think I am better than anyone else here...
and if you think this is me getting stressed out, eek you would hate to see my RL and everything I put up with there! lol
I love fighting in Fel, it is the prefect stress reliever for me...... would be nice to see more ppl doing it, but I agree with you, I prefer someplace out of the range of guardzones or houses.

And Crow, thank you for reminding me of that night in Moonglow... wish we had more battles like that!

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify,

I don't consider A.V to be competition, so occassionally we will let them spawn or even come to their aide when we are available to do so. To me I take no enjoyment over steamrolling guilds who are just starting to get their feet wet in pvp. With assistance at spawns we can help A.V scroll out characters and get better equipment so in the future maybe they can provide a challenge to us. We will still raid A.V depending which members are online and how bored we are, but most of the time we could care less about guilds like (KK, NHC and A.V).

The Dynasty and LSN are so incredibly inactive I do not feel you guys are worth the effort to allow to improve as you guys give me the impression that you are all of weak spirit and give up easily. Not to mention that The Dynasty has a few tremendously rude players in their guild.

FFBz is not leaving Origin, however we are working on some side projects that will occupy a bit of our time so if anyone wants to let us know of a raid that would be awesome as we do not have time or the desire to scout spawns frequently.

:grouphug:

Cubby Chaser, what was your suit and who looted it. I have heard nothing about this.

C

chubby

hey multani ive told bobby the rat about this once or twice.
my suit is from my tamer-sky-tammer
it was a expensive suit 6mr max lmc max hci max resists also included some bows that were preaty nice
the people who looted it were korgoth and genuine korgoth got one of my bows and all my jewls and he kindly returned them as for genuine he likes to show my suit off byu wearing it on his archer i think crimson is his name can u plz help me get it bak

C

Crow

She might have been talking to me Morgaine, she sometimes confuses me with an AV member, sense I'm so trammy and all. By the way anyone seen my crutch around here? Haha

And how magnanimous of you Mulitani, keep up the good public service...you truly are a man of the people.

But seriously folks, say what you will about us, I have no inclination, nor should any others, to explain why our activity sucks right now beyond what I already have.

Going back several months, every experience I have had with Dynasty members has been positive, the few members who actively play on Origin are good people and have always been very willing to help out, work together and play as a team. In over 8 years of off and on play I can rarely say that with a straight face about any group I’ve worked with.

I know you didn't, and it would be stupid and ignorant for anyone to do so, but if you were to claim that FFBz is exempt of rude people you would be quite wrong sir.

C

Chaucer of TS

This thread has gone with minimal moderation for a little while due to my busy RL.

That isn't going to be a problem anymore.

I won't be editing anything currently in here but I think some people need to go and reread the Stratics ROC. There won't be any more name calling or personal attacks.

First and last warning.

Chaucer of TS
UO Stratics Origin Moderator

S

Shot

And that's another thing I want to address. AV people need to stop calling themselves a trammy group, you're using it as a crutch, and it only makes you look worse to those who know what is really going on. Just because you don't use every trick in the book to make yourself untouchable, or have years of experience doesn't make you trammy.

Both of us do what more guilds should, get people out there and fight.
It's called Irony... we are regularly called 'trammies' and 'noobs' by others, we're just playing along Crow. .. get it? We are always accused of not being any good at PvP, calling ourselves a 'trammy' group is just our way of pointing out how ironic it is that people would call us that; especially when they do so as ghosts! :p

M

Morgaine

Why the date change for the rumble?? not complaining by any means, though... its not an auction night :D Hope to see a lot of people there from all guilds

G

Ghost_Writer

An Origin PvP thread with no flames on me or my guild? :<

Someone please stroke my ego!
Bring your guild over and get killed a few times. I'm sure these folks would have no problem posting picutes or your corpse as well as anyone else's. Origin is an equal opportunity shard. :D

GW

G

Ghost_Writer

With all this talk about who's guild is better at PvP and wishes for open battles, I have a proposal, that is if everyone is interested.

First of all, I don't PvP, I suck at it, plain and simple.
Second, I am not a member of any PvP guilds.

So here's the Plan:
Once a week I'll put a post in here in the morning letting everyone know I'll be in Fel that night and about what time.
Once I'm in a location of my choice, I'll edit that post and let everyone know where I am. This could be anywhere in Fel including dungeons. The location I post will be specific.
Your task, first guild that finds me is to Kill me to create a corpse, then res me.
I will remain standing on the spot I died.
You res me and protect me from any other subsequent guilds that arrive. I will be capturing screen shots of the battle as well as logging my journal. Note: the only reason to kill me is to place a corpse as a marker for the center of the battle, you may need to kill me occasionally throughout the battle to refresh my corpse.

After the battle, I will post a summary of the battle including screen shots and a list of participants including guild titles. I will do my best to keep notes of who killed who and which guild appears to be the winner of the battle. Whether I live or die is inconsequential and has no bearing on the outcome on the battle or my ability to capture screenshots and logs.

One note: I would only be able to capture what's on my screen, so if you run off 2 screens away you won't be seen.

What does this accomplish? Random guild battles throughout the landscape. No Guard Zone Fighting as I will always pick locations far enough from any guard zones. No House fighting, I will attempt to find locations with no houses within my screen, and even if there are houses around, you'll be extremely lucky if one happens to be yours or your guilds.

What do you win? Bragging Rights!

So let me know what you think and how many guilds are willing to participate. This will require a considerable amount of my time and all I'll get out of it is new stock of death robes, so I don't want to do this if there isn't enough interest. What you'll get is an unbiased opinion and report of who's the better PvP guild.

Your thoughts?
GW

I

Intoxication

could be interesting depending on how many people are on at the time you do one.

G

Ghost_Writer

could be interesting depending on how many people are on at the time you do one.
Speaking of that, I can only be on in the evenings during the week, 7:00 PM - midnight Pacific time. Weekends can be anytime after noon Pac time. Take that into consideration if you want to do this.

Thanks,
GW

M

Morgaine

Hmmm this is an interesting idea and one i would be more than willing to jump on, but this also depends on how many we have on, sometimes nights are kinda dead for us. And yes, it would be nice to have an outside opinion as well.

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think FFBz would have more then 3 people at one of these events.

So If thats enough for you, then by all means bust it out.

I don't think FL believes in PvP, so unless there is a champ spawn going on at this random location you won't be seeing them either.

M

Morgaine

Sounds like if this happens at all, its going to be an AV, LSN maybe EXE thing.. kinda of unfortunate... then again no FL could be good since most of us wont stand together against them anyhow :cursing:

I

Intoxication

Unfortunate? Other then those three guilds D (who we all consider as one of the LSN family anyways) and FFBz how may other guilds does this shard have that would even do this type of thing? Its a small shard those are really the only guilds that step foot into fel. There are other guilds that may try to sneak in and get a spawn done every now and then but they just run at the first sign of a fight. So really these would just be LSN and D vs AV and FFBz fights. As for exe. you can never tell with them. at times they stand by FFBz and AV at times they kill FFBz and AV. Im sure if they showed up out numbered they would just pick a side and not try to fight alone. so anyway in the end this will not be a guild vs guild war this will be a battle with two groups fighting.

That being said I still think it could be fun if the numbers would allow for it. You may wanna give people a little more warning then just telling us in the morning. Most people work during the day so they wouldn't have any way of even knowing something like this was going to happen that night.

G

Ghost_Writer

I'd like to try this for tomorrow around 2:00 PM Pacific time, that would be 5:00 East Coast, 4:00 Central and 3:00 Mountain time, -8:00 GMT for anyone in any other time zones. Ghost is already hidden out in Fel in a area where the nearest keep I found was about 3 screens away. I'll post the exact location at 2:00 tomorrow and wait and see how long I live after that.

By the way, Ghost doesn't give counts, so feel free to wack me with your Blue and don't bother if all you are trying to do is raise you count. And I wear nothing insured, so I'm not even worth wasting arrows on.

C

Crystal Canyon

Sounds like alot of fun to me!

Intoxication...why did you leave CCC :gun: out of that list of Pvp guilds? LOL I feel so...so...offended! :sad4: You mean you have never seen me in Fel?

Just kidding!:hahaha:

G

Ghost_Writer

You smaller guilds need to learn the term Coopetition, a term used in racing when a couple of faster cars will use an aerodynamic draft to seperate themselves from the rest of the field during the race, and battle eachother for the lead at the end.

M

Morgaine

Decisions Decisions lol I would soooooo love to do this and I hope everyone whos on in AV at the time it happens will participate, but I am in the process of moving and am not sure if I will be on to do it :( Either way, if I dont or if I do make it on, Gooduck to everyone who does it. :)

G

Ghost_Writer

Warriors! - Come out to Play!

I found a nice comfortable HeadStone to take dirt naps next to.

Several screens North of Chaos but close enough where everyone will have a place run off and res. Bordered on 3 sides by water to contain the battle. No Houses near by. Little Spawn, (there is a Reaper waiting for me to become visible so you may want to take him out first). Hope the server line doesn't have any effect??? I don't PvP so I wouldn't know. I will speak as soon as I see some-one's name on my screen.

Good Luck to All.

Edit: 2:30 - *Drums Fingers* I'm sure you guys can find your way from the Chaos Shrine in a half an hour...

Edit: 3:00 PM - Well bad timing I guess. One person showed up, Zorg, on his blue. Killed the Reaper for me, Thanks! Maybe we can set a schedule that everyone thinks they can do this. I would think Sat afternoon would be best but whatever you think will work.

Ghost

L

Lady Tiger

Oops I hardly look at this thread on the weekends. I think you just need to find another way of alerting everyone to the event.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where does everyone hang out in Fel? I sometimes have a hard time finding fights at yew, fire. Are there a lot of T2A spawns that get done?
Where is the AV guild house in Fel? I have found the LSN castle, they are usually good for some donations lol

Really im just making conversation.

G

Ghost_Writer

Heh, I walked all of Fel last weekend looking to see if there was castle spot open. Not only did I walk it but I stopped and tried placing a castle or keep every once in awhile. The only place I didn't go was around Yew Gate. I saw absolutely no one in those 2 days. I'd say champ spawns are the only place you'll find anyone in Fel besides Yew gate.

M

Morgaine

which place you want to know Atl? We have a couple... but you can find us mostly at Yew in the evenings or lurking around somewhere :p

C

Crystal Canyon

So where does everyone hang out in Fel? I sometimes have a hard time finding fights at yew, fire. Are there a lot of T2A spawns that get done?
Where is the AV guild house in Fel? I have found the LSN castle, they are usually good for some donations lol

Really im just making conversation.
Well you found me!:)

M

Morgaine

Yesterday a member of FL got really upset and pretty much cussed me out due to supposedly ganking them.... kinda funny since this person got hit with one flamestrike from one AV and then the rest I did. I dont see how this is ganking when there were 7 or more FL running around ganking the crap out of everyone they could. Dont take it so personal... you're FL, you're gonna get killed sooner or later by someone and prolly ganked too.
You dont see me crying and cussing FL out cause I got killed by whos knows how many at one time. I take it as a compliment it takes so many to kill me and sometimes still fail in doing so :p
But was I suppose to leave them alone and not kill them? Pfft arogant of FL to think thats how things work.
Anyhow, does FL seem to think they are the only ones capable of ganking anyone? or that they are above everyone else and the only ones who are allowed to kill/gank anyone??

Also, very nice of LSN to rez FL in the field when FL is suppose to be enemy number one in Fel. Speaking of which, are you one of the guilds who are doing 'spawn permits' with FL? Rumors are flying around that one and it is kinda funny it took them so long to come and raid you yesterday.

C

Crow

LOL....nice try...I don't have to be playing to know that is beyond BS.

Try again...I could come up with better troll attempts in my sleep.

M

Morgaine

lol you think im lying? ask her yourself or ask the FL she rezzed.... i'll gladly give you the name off the boards.... and what exactly is trolling?

M

Morgaine

oh yeah to a certain guild from last night, how did it feel to get :bdh:????

I

Intoxication

Are you trying to say that we pay FL for us to do spawns. thats kinda funny. why in the world would anyone do that. As for rezing, on baja it happens a lot. the fight is over you rez people up and go about your way. also as far as i can tell LSN has become the number one guild to kill considering i had 3 FL on my dexer helping kill one of the FL and what did AV do? they killed me and then they all got killed by FL cuz them dumb a$$ killed the person helping to kill the guy that was about to go after him. I have been rezed by FL and i will rez FL. i have rezed AV, i have rezed FFBz, LSK, what different does it make? If one of my members decide to rez another guild i have no problem with that at all.
Also why does everyone on this shard cry so much about everything. geeze its a game.
Next there is going to be another post crying about rez killing. cant win in this one, rez another guild youre bad, rez kill another guild you are bad, gank another player youre bad, get ganked you just get told you suck. its all very funny to me.

G

Ghost_Writer

lol you think im lying? ask her yourself or ask the FL she rezzed.... i'll gladly give you the name off the boards.... and what exactly is trolling?
D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

Which in this particular thread is actually acceptable to certain degree. This thread is here so you can argue without much restriction.

C

Crystal Canyon

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

Which in this particular thread is actually acceptable to certain degree. This thread is here so you can argue without much restriction.
Ok GW, let me get his straight...this thread is immune (almost) to the ROC?

Does this mean then that we can :flame:pleople if we want or just tell them that we :lick: them in the last battle?

What about challenging them to a:sword: then telling them they are a :loser:?

I think this is great because sometimes I tend to get a bit :bored: and I grab me some:popcorn: and a :pint:and come here to watch the:drama:.

I know, I know it is :lame:, but it beats :wall: trying to figure out all the bugs in the last publish!

I guess I could go to the Yew gate and :twak: some poor unsuspecting Pvper, but then I would get my butt :owned: and have to be :stretcher: to a healer because no one would rez me. All the while, his buddies would be standing back :hahaha: at me and telling him how good HE was.:ten:

Then Im sure they would come here to the boards and tell a :lie: about what really happened, claiming they are so :scholar: about Pvp and that I was totally :coco:

Of course, you know me, I would have to respond and :rant2: and :cursing: and call total :bs: on thier story!

In all honesty, I should just stay in the :cheerleader: section and watch the :drama:, listen to the others :sad2:, feel sorry for those who venture to Fel then come back here to tell thier :violin: is me stories.

I think we all should just go have a good :fight:, come back and do a :grouphug: and quit :bdh: about who is better than who. NOT!

I would miss surley miss the Pvp thread if everyone was :love: with each other!

I do :bowdown: to your way of thinking concerning the Pvp forum, at least when I read these Im not :bored: to :sleep2:

rolleyes: My bad!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure I completely understand every emoticon but I am completely entharalled with how you did the post, very creative. :bowdown:

M

Morgaine

Omg yes the drama... why does everyone take everything so personal?? It is a game and this board is to talk about the game and what happens in game or so I thought, did I miss something? am I wrong?
Also, the crying bit is getting a bit old.... no one was crying, it was a simple statement... hmm maybe to rile you up and start something on the boards? I dunno... just felt like posting how funny it was LSN thought it was cool to rez FL when it was more than clear there was a fight going on,
hence the reason that LSN was killed when they came back....
I will rez just about anyone AFTER a battle, I get yelled at for it all the time since some of my guildmates disagree with doing so, but in the end enemy or not, if I feel they made me work my butt off for that kill, then ya, I will rez them.
In the middle of a battle though, it all depends on who you are.... if you are fighting certain guilds with everyone else and not going against the grain, ya I will rez you if time allows so we can all be up and kick their butts.... but be dumb and go against the grain and no, I will run right past your ghost without a second thought.

G

Ghost_Writer

Ok GW, let me get his straight...this thread is immune (almost) to the ROC?
Well I definitely wouldn't say "immune" or even close to it. But lets face it, the very definition os smack talk and trolling are about the same. We still will not allow personal attacks against players, only their PvP characters. We also absolutely will not allow any RL references or attacks. But if you want to tell everyone how much I suck at PvP, I'll be more than happy to put up my favorite PvP pic and prove you right.

:D
GW

C

Crystal Canyon

Well I definitely wouldn't say "immune" or even close to it. But lets face it, the very definition os smack talk and trolling are about the same. We still will not allow personal attacks against players, only their PvP characters. We also absolutely will not allow any RL references or attacks. But if you want to tell everyone how much I suck at PvP, I'll be more than happy to put up my favorite PvP pic and prove you right.

:D
GW
Wel, I cant tell anyone how much you suck at Pvp unless you let us in on who your character is that Pvps....lol

Have I fought you before?

BTW...I was just messing with you with that last post...I do love the smileys ya know!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.