• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Legends PvP Thread

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the talent really need to come back here and show X that 3 people can easily beat their 15 again? FEAR and COW always beat you and we did it out numbered and laughing.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If any one has ever been out numbered it is X considering it is always every guild against us. But you are welcomed to come back any time and contend with who ever is left :) Seems the shard has all but died.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get it right IRS if your going to quote my game name because I don't even have a character named myst. Furthermore, please get over your obession it is growing quite old Sir.

We will spawn when we want to, not when you want us to!

I

IRS

Get it right IRS if your going to quote my game name because I don't even have a character named myst. Furthermore, please get over your obession it is growing quite old Sir.

We will spawn when we want to, not when you want us to!

Your so grouchy when youve been spawning while everyone else has been sleeping.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't we all just get along and work together to bring back Legends to life :) Or are you really willing to let your home shard die ?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to think we have brought some life to the shard.

We've brought in 4 people from other shards to legends. Old legends vets have turned their accounts back on to play with us. We've provided competition over spawns, factions, and the gate. LD members are starting to log in again, and they've brought over a few people.

Lets face it, before we came back to the game, there was only X in Fel. The only competition you guys had were maybe 3 LD members. X would roll around with 15-20 people, which just completely turned guilds/players away from Fel on Legends.

The problem is not us, it's X. When we first came back to the game/shard, X fielded the numbers. You guys used to attempt a lot of spawns,faction fights,yew gate fights.....so on and so forth.

YET, it seems after losing a majority of the fights, a lot of X no longer logs in. Get your guild to show a little more grit. Transfer people over, do whatever it is you need to do.

Just stop spamming in chat accusing us of ruining legends pvp. Before we arrived, there was no pvp.

Also, stop running your mouth in game chat saying "RL'S runs this and that script. He gives his guildies pot throwing scripts. He runs the stump hacks,casting hacks, sdi hacks....". It's that kind of **** that's bringing legends down. The worst part is, I don't even have to be in game to be accused, instead I'm told in vent what myst has accused me of using today. It's pathetic really.....

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only thing dieing is X.....if you guys didnt talk so much crap when you ganked people 6v1 maybe you wouldnt have it so hard now. Even a few of you seem to die in the process of the gank lol. Quite sad actually....

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW how will working together bring back pvp on legends?????????
Im curious on this thought process......

DGgnome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to claim to be any all knowing expert or anything, but from what I've observed over the years of UO and other games is: If you want people back playing again, bug em until they come back and get some good things going on for them to come back to. The secret is make it fun for them. Now I'm not saying in any way the UO isn't fun (cause I'm lovin it XD), but I will admit plain old UO can get boring even if you're PvPing.

And Look on the bright side people, at least there's no Legion of Jirel's running around!

I

IRS

Can't we all just get along and work together to bring back Legends to life :) Or are you really willing to let your home shard die ?
btw I find it quite funny that when we came back, jack and stew were quite proud of x "running every other guild off the shard" and its "boring because there is nobody on to fight or raid".. I also remember stew telling us that we are going to wish we picked another shard to come back to, and ralph saying we are never going to accomplish anything because "x owns the shard".. The days of x killing someone 15 vs 3 are over, an now you want everybody to forget all the trash you and your guild talked to us and the trash YOU continue to talk when you think none of us are on.. not gonna happen. You brought this on yourself.
ps. yes its quite personal.

B

Baghdaddy1

X is a spawn guild, not a pvp guild (thanks for the SA lich spawn last night btw).

I really pity the small number in X (I know because I have talked to them and I am amazed about what they say about their own guild when no one else is around) that want to pvp but are embarrassed by fellow members that either house hide or run and leave their mates at the first sign of trouble.

Nothing wrong with being a spawn guild, just dont speak in a pvp related thread.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
X is a spawn guild, not a pvp guild (thanks for the SA lich spawn last night btw).

Yeah they paid the price last night. In global chat Busta(^X^) challenges me to a duel. He says it will take him 5mins to get ready...

So....ten mins later, I'm still standing on wrong roof with a few COM and fellow !OF! waiting to watch this duel. Busta is still a no show, yet spamming chat none the less.

A little scouting later, and the word comes out X is trying to sneak off prime evil liche spawn while everyone is on wrong roof. Disgusted by bustas/^X^'s mis direction attempt, everyone on wrong roof went to the spawn and took it from X. Soon after, busta no longer spammed chat.

PATHETIC!

When will ^X^ grow a pair?

We need someone to hold a pure mage tourny on Legends! Someone who isn't biased between the guilds. That way we get actual random match ups, and fair ruling. If someone would like to host a pure mage tourny, pm me. I can give you ideas on rules, and how to go about hosting it.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really sorry to disappoint you but we were not attemping to finish the prime evil liche spawn. There is other things that can be done with that spawn aside from finishing it. Furthermore, we were not hiding it from any one we just don't advertise it and if you believe busta attempted to misguild you then you are delutional. I can say this much though. It does not take more then 3 or 4 people to do that spawn we have done it with 2.

As for Pvp I will never say I am a Great Pvper because I am not. But I do know that one on one I can do fairly well depending on my irl condition at the time. I am NOT the best but I am not the worst. Yes, OF is good at Pvp I admit that and they have great team work. What makes them bad in my eyes is the constant trash talking about X.

I have never seen so much hate between guilds and of people you don't even know irl. It really saddens me that so much anamosity cant be held against a whole guild when they have done nothing to hurt you in any irl situation. The characters may be pixels yet the players have no need for such anger and vulgarity in global chat. Why subject others to such language? It is not really necessary, but if it makes you guys feel bigger and better, so be it, continue making fools of yourselves to the more educated population of UO.

LD or what ever name they go by these days are good Pvpers yet they exhibit more class then OF ever has in global. You don't see them saying half the things OF does. So to them I give my respect. OF gets nothing but my pity. As for pvp I am not afraid to die in a game and when I leave it is because I am told to. Win or lose I have fun. That is all I am here for.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really sorry to disappoint you but we were not attemping to finish the prime evil liche spawn. There is other things that can be done with that spawn aside from finishing it. Furthermore, we were not hiding it from any one we just don't advertise it and if you believe busta attempted to misguild you then you are delutional. I can say this much though. It does not take more then 3 or 4 people to do that spawn we have done it with 2.

As for Pvp I will never say I am a Great Pvper because I am not. But I do know that one on one I can do fairly well depending on my irl condition at the time. I am NOT the best but I am not the worst. Yes, OF is good at Pvp I admit that and they have great team work. What makes them bad in my eyes is the constant trash talking about X.

I have never seen so much hate between guilds and of people you don't even know irl. It really saddens me that so much anamosity cant be held against a whole guild when they have done nothing to hurt you in any irl situation. The characters may be pixels yet the players have no need for such anger and vulgarity in global chat. Why subject others to such language? It is not really necessary, but if it makes you guys feel bigger and better, so be it, continue making fools of yourselves to the more educated population of UO.

LD or what ever name they go by these days are good Pvpers yet they exhibit more class then OF ever has in global. You don't see them saying half the things OF does. So to them I give my respect. OF gets nothing but my pity. As for pvp I am not afraid to die in a game and when I leave it is because I am told to. Win or lose I have fun. That is all I am here for.
You make me laugh myst. Yes, some of our members get carried away with chat. YET, there are a lot of X that do so too. You are one of them.

It's funny to see you talking mad **** in chat when you think no !OF! are online. The second one of us speaks up, all of a sudden you go silent.

Then i can log on, and see you attempting to slander my name in chat. "RL'S runs this and that. he gives everyone scripts". It's pathetic myst. I literally don't have to be online, and you attempt to drag my name through the mud.

As for irl comment people say, I don't partake in that. If someone tells me they are dying IRL in an attempt to make me feel guilty in a game, they will get the LOL from me though. Jack/fallen/stew/yourself/fazer.....and many others however do a lot of irl **** talk. I don't know how many times after killing X, has chat filled up with trailer park comments. Or calling someone uneducated because they're better in a video game.

There's two people in !OF!, that might jump to the IRL comments. There's many more X that do.

I keep the **** talk to the game. Mind you, I'll get ya going with it though. I don't need IRL comments to **** people off....

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I never bring up irl comments into the game you have me mistaken sir. Second of all I have talked about you once that is it. Third I don't mind dieing in this game after all it is a game. Wheather I am dieing irl or not is no ones business but my own and i don't use it to get pity from people i don't know or care to know about. I may have told one or two about my irl situation and that was only because they are friends. If any one else uses it it is not my problem. IRL has no place in this game and any one who uses it is in my opinion lacking in compassion and lack moral values yet that does not bother me either. It's a game and until every one sees it that way there will always be irl comments thrown out in an attempt to belittle and and disrupt game play but you know what? It doesn't matter one tiny bit. :) There is an old saying "Sticks and Stones.......... But words will never harm me." SO continue your comments OF they don't bother me.:) It only makes those saying them look like uneducated fools.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only person looking uneducated is you. Next time please use a spell checker and construct sentences that make sence.....

And quit with the b.s. that you dont care about being p.k.ed, if that were so you would play on your orange when there isnt 564658 of you on.......

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I never bring up irl comments into the game you have me mistaken sir. Second of all I have talked about you once that is it. Third I don't mind dieing in this game after all it is a game. Wheather I am dieing irl or not is no ones business but my own and i don't use it to get pity from people i don't know or care to know about. I may have told one or two about my irl situation and that was only because they are friends. If any one else uses it it is not my problem. IRL has no place in this game and any one who uses it is in my opinion lacking in compassion and lack moral values yet that does not bother me either. It's a game and until every one sees it that way there will always be irl comments thrown out in an attempt to belittle and and disrupt game play but you know what? It doesn't matter one tiny bit. :) There is an old saying "Sticks and Stones.......... But words will never harm me." SO continue your comments OF they don't bother me.:) It only makes those saying them look like uneducated fools.
LMFAO, myst stop the BS. You've tried to use my pic in the irl thread against me in game. Mind you, it didn't bother me at all. Yet i find it funny you claim to be this saint, when you're clearly not.

Now go and be a good X member, and find someone else to scam.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
typical day when dealing with X...

It's funny. All of X dogs on my pics in the IRL thread, yet not ONE of them has the balls to post theirs....:lol:

Yes, the next line was me telling him to grow a pair and post his own pics.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's nice to be playing again with 2 big guilds to fight. The only sad thing is X doesn't have the grit to make a push when they have 10-15 people attacking 4.... Seriously, Are you so bad that 10 to 15 people need to create a trap to fight 4 people?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's nice to be playing again with 2 big guilds to fight. The only sad thing is X doesn't have the grit to make a push when they have 10-15 people attacking 4.... Seriously, Are you so bad that 10 to 15 people need to create a trap to fight 4 people?

When I've been on, I've not been able to find many people to kill. Aside from the 5-7 X in one swamp fight.

Yet my guildies have informed me there's been a 4 way fight, and other fights to boot.

All of you bastids need to start fighting earlier in the night. I have to wake up to early in the morning to be up at 11pm and later.

Hopefully I can get in on some action too!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We welcome the fights. I'm playing with a few random folks from L*D and a couple random folks from CoW. The results of 4 of us vs several larger groups have been very encouraging.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought I'd stop by and say Hello! You know you miss me :) Looking forward to donating more death robes to the cause. Good to see you all still live and kicking! Welcome back to those who coming back! Legends has been more fun of late. Good Work!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, It's been a little fun of late.

I just wish Pug would stop avoiding open field fights. Instead, when we spot LD in Yew they run,unflag, and then send us icq's telling us to go grinder fight them in despise.rolleyes:

Pugs always been bad though. Good caller, horrid 1 v 1 pvper. I dunno how many times I've seen him disband LD after getting destroyed in open field fights. So i kinda understand why he avoids them.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hanging out in Yew fighting Minax and TB and SL from their houses is hardly fun. It's conducive only to the lame stealther nonsense and boring house hiding that has plagued the pvp scene of legends. If you can't fight in the dungeons and fields and you only support house fighting, then one has to question only your skill.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, You've gotta be kidding me.

!OF! does not house hide period. I think there's one member who has their char in KOVF that might be in a house every now and then.

When I'm online if !OF! needs to fall back, we do so at the yew bank, or the winery. Never a house. I agree house hiding is lame, thus the reason !OF! doesn't do so.

LD on the other hand will try and grinder yew, house hide, run for server line, and recall out, lol. No, I can't say I've seen you do this Omnius, yet I've seen every other LD member do it.

While i don't consider yew great pvp due to people house hiding/guards, I like it a lot more than despise. I'd love fighting in other spawns, yet that rarely happens.

I'm an open field fighter, and hate grinder fighting. It's not that we can't grinder, but it's boring ****. para field, para field, posion field, wall them in....It's way to slow and boring. Where open field fights are very fast paced, and action packed.

On a side note. Was that you on the COM mage at Wrong a few days ago? I can't remember the name, M something. Said he was Finglonger, and I believe that's you.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed it was me. I figured I'd see what the dueling was like these days. And rusty doesn't begin to explain how bad I've gotten at dueling. A few guildies, that I used to be able to march all over have been able to stomp me like a bag of sick kittens.

As for field fights. we'd love to do more field fights at other spawns. We're a small group and we're clearly not as active as some of the others on legends. We advertise our spawns to attract pvp. We rarely find a fight from folks. X all run and hide and we have to hunt them down. And unfortunately OF aren't very heavy into fighting in the field.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JoO if you call 5 against one pvp then yes Legends pvps. If you are looking for a one v one good luck with that unless you access the one person into your house. :)

I

IRS

JoO if you call 5 against one pvp then yes Legends pvps. If you are looking for a one v one good luck with that unless you access the one person into your house. :)
What she means is, X wont come out of the house unless they have 5v1.

B

Baghdaddy1

pot...kettle...black

OMG this made me LOL IRL

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wont see us recalling from a fight to run to despise to set up a grinder if thats what you mean.
You realize a grinder is like an xfielded drop in. A fight in despise with fields dropped is "field fighting." You're fighting in the field and in fields.... Indeed such a fight requires a lot more talent then boring stealthers. Stealthing and hiding are 2 skills that are not used when pvping, they are much more apt for the avoidance of pvp....

You know this and if you don't then you're not much of a pvper. To draw these stealthers and server line runners and house hiders and other folks that avoid pvp into pvp, one must go where the atmosphere helps to disperse with the lame sauce. Dungeons make leaving harder for the chronic avoiders(legends in full of this type). X litterally has to be chased and hunted to get pvp from them. OF needs to stop with the hiding and show themselves more in the field.

Nobody with any skill wants to spend the day fighting morons who house hide until they have enough people simply gank you or enough stealthers to sneak a kill on someone and flee. It's boring and doing something else in life is likely to be a lot more fun for a pvper.

This is a message to Legends: Stop being chronic avoiders and come fight CoM in the dungeons, where you actually fight rather than flee.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, when I've been online if someone is spotted we fight. No matter where.

Only two people in !OF! have stealthing on any temp. Out of those two, only one is active...

Maybe I should re clarify myself. "Open" field fighting is fun. Enclosed field fighting isn't. As I've stated before, it's WAY to slow for my liking.

I guess if you want to play this "your avoiding" fights BS we can too. I've seen 4-5 LD recall out from a 3 man !OF! crew two times already. That's open field,no houses, no dismounters, just three !OF! mages. Once one drops, BAM they all book it.

Each guild likes playing to their strengths. LD's strength is hiding in fields/walls in small enclosed areas. !OF!'s strengths are open field fights mage vs mage. X.....just doesn't have a strength. They really do just house hide.

We have two VERY different play styles.

I'm almost never online past 8pm est time, and play four shards. The same goes for most our members. So don't take us not being online, or on legends as avoiding.

I've put my icq down a few times wanting people to Q me for a fight. I'll do it once more. 336985620