• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Legends PvP Thread

I

IRS

Well the stratics nazi gave me a warning for "trolling" in a pvp thread, classic.. Maybe its YOU who should be reading the TOS son.. as for myst, shes trash, and role plays a liar, cheat and a thief very well. As far as everyone being against X on the battlefield, well when your allied with MPS, an run with LD its gonna happen.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of educated I do believe the right word for the above highlighted word should be (don't) but who am I to correct your English. :)

As for someone using my account to post I could ask you the same question Mona since I know IRS and Mona always use each others accounts and this is Mona's first post that I have seen since being here.

In any case enjoy your visit and enjoy UO!

Guess what, I too lack in terms of spelling and grammar. Notice you don't see me trolling people about their level of education Myst.

If i was to insult someones intelligence over a forum, I'd use proper grammar. *cough* Myst *cough* rolleyes:

I've not been logging in much in the last month...or so. Maybe 3-4 times total. But, I'm positive the crew is still winning the majority of the fights.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the stratics nazi gave me a warning for "trolling" in a pvp thread, classic.. Maybe its YOU who should be reading the TOS son.. as for myst, shes trash, and role plays a liar, cheat and a thief very well. As far as everyone being against X on the battlefield, well when your allied with MPS, an run with LD its gonna happen.
Since you went public, I will respond in public. Might be something in here everyone else can use. You, IRS, now have gotten two free rides from me in the last few days. 1st was the prozac remark, not funny to a lot of people.
2nd was the quoted post discussing moderator actions.

Intent and effect play a lot in my train of thought. Changing a quote to be funny, tongue in cheek style, is just that, funny. For those who have trouble following along, here's an example:

Original Post: "I never die in PvP"
Quoted as: " I always die in PvP"

funny! :lol:

Changing a quote to make it appear someone is a scammer/hacker/cheat...not funny, and falls under accusations.
Medications are RL, and can be left out.

Nazi?!?! If you would like I can start moderating this thread like quite a few of my co-mods do their PvP threads...or like some shards, close it and ban it altogether. *shrugs*

Makes no nevermind to me one way or the other.

Three more points, and I'm done here.

1. The RoC and ToS that apply here also apply to PMs.
2. While I don't PvP, don't have the mindset or reactions for it, I do respect the playstyle. You won't find a post by me pissing and moaning because a couple of the Ricardo event books were in a Fel location. It's part of the game. I've known and been good friends with many PvP'ers on two shards, so do not make the mistake of thinking I am biased in that manner. Quite the contrary, even tho I'm no good at it, I did enjoy it. Too bad there is no purpose for it anymore other than inflating an ego.
3. Anytime anyone here thinks I have done them wrong, email the admins, and appeal it. They are the boss and have the final say.

Carry on gang :)

:popcorn:

Mona

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess what, I too lack in terms of spelling and grammar. Notice you don't see me trolling people about their level of education Myst.

If i was to insult someones intelligence over a forum, I'd use proper grammar. *cough* Myst *cough* rolleyes:

I've not been logging in much in the last month...or so. Maybe 3-4 times total. But, I'm positive the crew is still winning the majority of the fights.
That was my point and she missed it. I was not insulting her neither. My point was... who is she to call IRS uneducated if her previous posts were riddled with error as well. So yea myst get racial and make fun of my english. If that makes you feel better. It's no different from posting here or typing in global chat pretending to act like an adult then you icq Dave and I with BS. You chase my crafter in luna allllllll over with big blocks of profanity filled BS when I just logged in after being away for a week. Dave and I had to block you because you take this game too seriously and you get personal and racial. So stop pretending to be a mature person. People don't want to log into your drama just because you died ingame. Like I've told Stew when he messaged me awhile back. It's nothing personal. I just go with where my guild goes. And he understood it. I don't know why you can't.

Yes myst I made a user originally to trade bods but never got around it. So yep that was my first post.

As for Omnicorn, you do not know me anymore than I know you apart from few memories of Biggunz V yelling at you in vent for being an idiot and about now I want it to remain that way. Other than that you sound like.. what was that word you used? Ah yea tool.

I

IRS

Since you went public, I will respond in public. Might be something in here everyone else can use. You, IRS, now have gotten two free rides from me in the last few days. 1st was the prozac remark, not funny to a lot of people.
2nd was the quoted post discussing moderator actions.

Intent and effect play a lot in my train of thought. Changing a quote to be funny, tongue in cheek style, is just that, funny. For those who have trouble following along, here's an example:

Original Post: "I never die in PvP"
Quoted as: " I always die in PvP"

funny! :lol:

Changing a quote to make it appear someone is a scammer/hacker/cheat...not funny, and falls under accusations.
Medications are RL, and can be left out.

Nazi?!?! If you would like I can start moderating this thread like quite a few of my co-mods do their PvP threads...or like some shards, close it and ban it altogether. *shrugs*

Makes no nevermind to me one way or the other.

Three more points, and I'm done here.

1. The RoC and ToS that apply here also apply to PMs.
2. While I don't PvP, don't have the mindset or reactions for it, I do respect the playstyle. You won't find a post by me pissing and moaning because a couple of the Ricardo event books were in a Fel location. It's part of the game. I've known and been good friends with many PvP'ers on two shards, so do not make the mistake of thinking I am biased in that manner. Quite the contrary, even tho I'm no good at it, I did enjoy it. Too bad there is no purpose for it anymore other than inflating an ego.
3. Anytime anyone here thinks I have done them wrong, email the admins, and appeal it. They are the boss and have the final say.

Carry on gang :)

:popcorn:
I know your put in a position.... someone whining and crying to you in pm to look at a thread complaining of legalities... probably threatning to call a lawyer or other stratics admins.. trust me I know how scum works.. no hard feelings.

I

IRS

All I can say is no to both.. anything other than that may be seen as a personal attack.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't stop laughing but I will try just to say this. You guys are so funny getting so riled up over a game. First of all Mona I meant nothing racial reguarding your misuse of a word. I just figured with all those long words you used, you could have chosen the correct word. Furthermore, I really don't care if you blocked me because I deleted your ICQ from mine because of your constant complaints to my GL long long ago.

IRS you are wrong to attack the Moderator of this tread your beef is with me. In game you constantly call me names most of which I will not mention in this thread. Why, I have no clue, you neither know me IRL nor in game it seems. Yet you constantly spam in chat calling me this or that just to see if I am on or not rather childish I think. I have warned you in game several times but I guess you rather look like a fool to those who see it daily. So be it. I know who I am IRL so your constant baggering doesn't bother me. My only wish is that GMs would do something about it since there are younger players who see it.

IRS Your so called quote by myst at your signature is offensive yet it only shows you are a child. How in the world can you say something you have no knowledge of. My finances last I heard were not public record. So please refrain from quoting lies especially with a name which seems to be allocated to me. :)

*Still trying to figure out when X was running with LD since X is constantly attacked by LD hummmmm* Well if X is running with LD I would die alot less!
I assure you X is not running with LD but it's a thought :) I doubt it will ever happen, but it would be nice to have someone on OUR side for a change lol...

Act your age guys...It's really sad to see grown men and women acting like 5 yr olds. Have a great day!!!

I

IRS

:lol::grouphug::lie:
I can't stop laughing but I will try just to say this. You guys are so funny getting so riled up over a game. First of all Mona I meant nothing racial reguarding your misuse of a word. I just figured with all those long words you used, you could have chosen the correct word. Furthermore, I really don't care if you blocked me because I deleted your ICQ from mine because of your constant complaints to my GL long long ago.

IRS you are wrong to attack the Moderator of this tread your beef is with me. In game you constantly call me names most of which I will not mention in this thread. Why, I have no clue, you neither know me IRL nor in game it seems. Yet you constantly spam in chat calling me this or that just to see if I am on or not rather childish I think. I have warned you in game several times but I guess you rather look like a fool to those who see it daily. So be it. I know who I am IRL so your constant baggering doesn't bother me. My only wish is that GMs would do something about it since there are younger players who see it.

IRS Your so called quote by myst at your signature is offensive yet it only shows you are a child. How in the world can you say something you have no knowledge of. My finances last I heard were not public record. So please refrain from quoting lies especially with a name which seems to be allocated to me. :)

*Still trying to figure out when X was running with LD since X is constantly attacked by LD hummmmm* Well if X is running with LD I would die alot less!
I assure you X is not running with LD but it's a thought :) I doubt it will ever happen, but it would be nice to have someone on OUR side for a change lol...

Act your age guys...It's really sad to see grown men and women acting like 5 yr olds. Have a great day!!!
:bdh:

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:grouphug: Myst's personalities before she posts. Quit trying to b.s the masses we all know how you are.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:grouphug: Myst's personalities before she posts. Quit trying to b.s the masses we all know how you are.
People that know me, Know how I am. You Sir, know nothing. As far as personalities go, I believe all people in this game portray different personalities according to the character they play.

I have never claimed to be a saint, but when I speak to the individual not the character, I try to be thoughtful of the individual's feelings. Most of you seem to speak ill of the individual you have never met or even spoken to.

bobmac, I do not know who you are or what character you play but if putting people down makes you feel superior then so be it. Your words only show how little you do know. Enjoy your day. :)

I

IRS

People that know me, Know how I am. You Sir, know nothing. As far as personalities go, I believe all people in this game portray different personalities according to the character they play.

I have never claimed to be a saint, but when I speak to the individual not the character, I try to be thoughtful of the individual's feelings. Most of you seem to speak ill of the individual you have never met or even spoken to.
Alright, who hacked Demon Winds stratics account? and who is this posting under her name? We play against Demon Winds and this is not her!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im glad in your own little world you assume that the people who have played with you and heard your story only say good things about you. Now you can come on here and act like you dont care, like you dont cry at how crappy you and your guild are. But the fact of the matter is we know it bothers you. Im sorry I have to be the voice of the truth, and to you it means I'm attacking you but you need to step back into reality and quit with the lies.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After a bit of thought, a bit of discussion, I am re-opening this thread. It does have a year and a half of history to it. Famous names, Legends historical names, and the deciding factor is keeping the thread started by Sorna on the first page :).

Go back to the OP, read that first paragraph closely. This will not be un-moderated, and I will be infracting a few people more often, rather than destroying this piece of history for everyone.

Carry on...and good luck!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will get this back on track!

I log online, and jump on icq. I see DJ is online, whom i immidiatly ICQ about any action in game. The convo played out like this-

RLS- "What's up cracka! Any action?"

DJ- "There's four OJ's at the gate."

RLS- "OK man."

*Logs into Vent*

DJ- "WAZZZZUUUP!"

RLS- "Oh snap."

*Logs into UO, and heads to Yew gate.*

RLS- "Who's this BEEF guild?"

DJ- "I dunno man. I think it's that ****ty Holly guacamole kids guild."

Thorin- "Oh ****, it's RLS!"

RLS- "Hey baby! ......Wait you're not Jaw."

Thorin-
"I'll put one of these kids on foot."

DJ- "one sec, for these kids I'll give it....TWO hits *PUFF PUFF*"

RLS- "I'm ready.....giggity"

*30 seconds go bye, and all of the BEEF guild is dead. Followed by the no name Holly guacamole talking trash in chat(said there was 8 of us....there was three for the first two fighs vs them)*

RLS- "Wow, they were horrible."

DJ-
"yeah...They work with ^X^. What did you expect. *long pause* BASTID. (notice, there is no "R"....due to his accent.)"

*Fenix Logs into Vent*

Fenix- "Hello ladies!"

*Fenix continued to mumble for the next 10 mins about Mexicans, Beer, and Iraq. Then said he had to go mow Bobs lawn....*

*Panda logs into vent.*

Panda- "Hail RLS the great, Thorin the mighty, and DJ the lame."

RLS- "Cracka alert."

DJ- "Bastid.(still no R)"

Thorin- "Panda, have I ever told you where babies come from."

DJ- "Oh brotha."

RLS- "Yeah....I think it's time to log off. Take it easy crackas."

THE END.......FOR NOW.

I'm sorry. I have a little time on my hands atm. I don't really feel like logging back into UO right now, but trolling the forums and watching Youtube vids is semi fun!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad the history in this thread was not lost over *small* talk:) Yes, I have decided to come back and see if I am still the most hated. Hate is such a strong word..and yet what is it that is hated?

You guys can hate my charactrers all you want actually. Way I see it, if you do then perhaps I am doing something right after all.

I was fighting one of the OF characters last night 1v1, OMG rare occurence, death strike dexxer and it seems I'm not to bad considering he kept running away to heal just as I did. Heads up guys. Any one can gank. See you on the field!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not your chars I hate. Anything else I could say could get you crying to Uriah at slasher therefore getting me banned.
That's the difference between you and I. I hate your characters in game. I can not hate you the player for several reasons. 1- I do not know you well enough irl to hate you. 2- I do not believe that hating anyone solves anything. 3-Hate itself causes stress and that is the last thing i need at this point in life.

I actually pity those who fill their hearts with hate for it eats you up inside and leaves nothing there but bitterness and loneliness. A life like that is not worth living.

As for me crying to anyone at slasher... I have never cried to anyone and sitting around at slasher crying to anyone might get me killed. Furthermore, I do not believe I have the influence on anyone to get anyone banned. Anyone banned on this board can blame only themselves by their own actions.

Take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming others for your own short comings. Have a nice day!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad the history in this thread was not lost over *small* talk:) Yes, I have decided to come back and see if I am still the most hated. Hate is such a strong word..and yet what is it that is hated?

You guys can hate my charactrers all you want actually. Way I see it, if you do then perhaps I am doing something right after all.

I was fighting one of the OF characters last night 1v1, OMG rare occurence, death strike dexxer and it seems I'm not to bad considering he kept running away to heal just as I did. Heads up guys. Any one can gank. See you on the field!
You're not the most hated! I was voted years ago most hated, and I'm not giving up the tittle.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't want the tread lost so I am posting here. Where has everyone disappeared to. Did you all get scared to type. Or is typing with out vulgar language an unknown concept for all. Come on people hit the keyboard and liven this thread up! :)

I

IRS

Didn't want the tread lost so I am posting here. Where has everyone disappeared to. Did you all get scared to type. Or is typing with out vulgar language an unknown concept for all. Come on people hit the keyboard and liven this thread up! :)
maybe we dont want more infractions for responding to your bs and hurting you and yours feelings.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe we dont want more infractions for responding to your bs and hurting you and yours feelings.
There is a right way and a wrong way to make your point come across in answering any given statement. Perhaps instead of giving up one should try finding the correct manner in which to answer. Using tact in any given situation has always been the best choice.

All I ask is that if you wish to belittle my characters it's all good but leave things like IRL out of it because in reality you know nothing about me IRL.

This is a game after all is it not? We are here to have fun. However, I for one do not have fun at another persons expence. Enjoy the game IRS stop being so serious. Just remember I do not hate the person behind the characters, never have never will. :) I'll 1 v 1 you anytime !!! I'll die but I'll do it anyway :p

V

Vyal

Just wanted to give everyone :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

W/e you do - lets keep this thread nice and clean no pvp remarks don't say nothing bad in the PVP THREAD,

just kidding ..
I am calling for a vote to remove Uriah Heep as a mod,
If your with me type
/signed

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
just kidding ..
I am calling for a vote to remove Uriah Heep as a mod,
If your with me type
/signed
You do not have my vote. *stares* You do not want to go toe to toe with me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Mod bashing will not win you any thing. You wanna bash mods? Come talk to the admins. Until then... I will be here.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

UO currently sucks.

The days of good pvp are log gone, and those of us who semi remain are left fighting forgettable players/guilds.

I'm one who enjoys fighting better competition. When a challenge presents itself nothing is more satisfying than conquering it.

Last few times I've logged in have resulted in me logging out soon after. X refuses to fight. Last X member i flagged ran into a house and recalled. Last encounter I've had with LD they were smashed easily(after talking in chat about how great they are too,LOL. I think they just need to be glad people are inactive.)

One day I scouted Legends/LS/Atl/and GL. The only group I found to fight was BC on GL, and they are even to chicken **** to play factions.

The current mages in the game are a joke to boot. This mysticism junk is laughable to say the least. 9/10 mages are mystics now who just spam spell plague, and magic arrow/nether bolt. Yes, there are some out there that know how to properly use it, but come on. Since when did mages drop down to three macro temps....

Until the pvp scene actually improves I'll stick to just jumping in vent to hang with the !OF! crew from time to time.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO currently sucks.

The days of good pvp are log gone, and those of us who semi remain are left fighting forgettable players/guilds.

I'm one who enjoys fighting better competition. When a challenge presents itself nothing is more satisfying than conquering it.

Last few times I've logged in have resulted in me logging out soon after. X refuses to fight. Last X member i flagged ran into a house and recalled. Last encounter I've had with LD they were smashed easily(after talking in chat about how great they are too,LOL. I think they just need to be glad people are inactive.)

One day I scouted Legends/LS/Atl/and GL. The only group I found to fight was BC on GL, and they are even to chicken **** to play factions.

The current mages in the game are a joke to boot. This mysticism junk is laughable to say the least. 9/10 mages are mystics now who just spam spell plague, and magic arrow/nether bolt. Yes, there are some out there that know how to properly use it, but come on. Since when did mages drop down to three macro temps....

Until the pvp scene actually improves I'll stick to just jumping in vent to hang with the !OF! crew from time to time.
Now We're talking PvP. No RL, no "yo momma" etc. Good example RL's!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And while RL's is talking about competition and better challenges, is there any of you that have considered laying aside the trash talking and chest beating long enough to help your own cause?
From a RP standpoint, I would call it taking on a squire, a trainee, that you can work with, teach, train, help equip? And this would not only give you more competition in the long run, but would perpetuate the playstyle.

Just a thought, want to see what kind of response it gets. I am sure there are several out there who are curious and somewhat interested, but it kinda demoralizes them when they step out of a gate and death is almost instantaneous ;)

L

Lord Urza

I agree with Uriah 100%, thats the only way we can keep this game going, is to help people into new things, and new players to grow, otherwise were cutting off our own arms.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can lead a horse to water but cant make em drink...uo pvp. Hah.

The Problem with uo pvp is template based. There is no skill required to play anymore. Its all one-four button mashing combos or ALL KILL. Its degraded to the point of no return.

It went Item based, which made some items relyed on to count as skill. These items in turn became so sought after that the prices skyrocketed, which led to dupes/hacks/scams/stealing/team killing/unattended scrip mining and farming and so on and so on.

Said items were so sought after that people couldn't afford the insane prices that it cost to build suit and buy artifacts, allot of players quit then. I mean a 400-700mil suit? Guess what that leads too...

Dupes and hacks started and ran rampant, and script mining destroyed the economy and UO lost alot of vets. I know I was hacked twice. But I was smart enough to have reserves on my other account that I didnt leave linked to my email address. But I know SEVERAL people who were hacked and lost everything including their characters.

Not to mention you had a slew of one button wonders show up en mass and literally destroyed pvp int he course of a month once they implemented artifacts.

Then new skill sets. People adapt to those skills and we have Deathstrike ninja squads, and word of death archers....they got nerfed pretty quick but the damage was done...more people left.

Then gimp templates...I agree, use what you can to win, but seriously this dosnt breed skill. It breeds lazy, no skill having, button mashers. Some of these OBW (one button wonders) were so bad they still had to use scripts to chug and heal...which reminds me...stackable potions...worst idea ever! Pretty much made poison users worthless.

Oh, then they trammelized FEL. Looting rights were destroyed and what ultimately made me quit uo. Where is the fear in dying?

IMO the reason pvp sucks is....
1. Item based
2. Insurance. Die? Its ok you can just pay 5k and your back in the fight!
3. No stat loss. Being red used to mean something.
4. Power scrolls.
5. Trammel!
6. Cheaters/exploiters/hackers.
7. Content. The fel Events cater to the trammies....wtf?

Sorry. Most of the kids who "PVP" today dont know what skill is....or how to use it.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can lead a horse to water but cant make em drink...uo pvp. Hah.

The Problem with uo pvp is template based. There is no skill required to play anymore. Its all one-four button mashing combos or ALL KILL. Its degraded to the point of no return.

It went Item based, which made some items relyed on to count as skill. These items in turn became so sought after that the prices skyrocketed, which led to dupes/hacks/scams/stealing/team killing/unattended scrip mining and farming and so on and so on.

Said items were so sought after that people couldn't afford the insane prices that it cost to build suit and buy artifacts, allot of players quit then. I mean a 400-700mil suit? Guess what that leads too...

Dupes and hacks started and ran rampant, and script mining destroyed the economy and UO lost alot of vets. I know I was hacked twice. But I was smart enough to have reserves on my other account that I didnt leave linked to my email address. But I know SEVERAL people who were hacked and lost everything including their characters.

Not to mention you had a slew of one button wonders show up en mass and literally destroyed pvp int he course of a month once they implemented artifacts.

Then new skill sets. People adapt to those skills and we have Deathstrike ninja squads, and word of death archers....they got nerfed pretty quick but the damage was done...more people left.

Then gimp templates...I agree, use what you can to win, but seriously this dosnt breed skill. It breeds lazy, no skill having, button mashers. Some of these OBW (one button wonders) were so bad they still had to use scripts to chug and heal...which reminds me...stackable potions...worst idea ever! Pretty much made poison users worthless.

Oh, then they trammelized FEL. Looting rights were destroyed and what ultimately made me quit uo. Where is the fear in dying?

IMO the reason pvp sucks is....
1. Item based
2. Insurance. Die? Its ok you can just pay 5k and your back in the fight!
3. No stat loss. Being red used to mean something.
4. Power scrolls.
5. Trammel!
6. Cheaters/exploiters/hackers.
7. Content. The fel Events cater to the trammies....wtf?

Sorry. Most of the kids who "PVP" today dont know what skill is....or how to use it.

Alot of what you say is true Omni, I'm fairly new to pvp compared to alot of the better players. However, I find it kind of discouraging that most of your statements about 1 to 4 button smashing combos, "dupes/hacks/
scams/stealing/team killing/unattended scrip mining and farming" ect. are carried out by alot of so called *elite* pvp guilds.

I admit you are good at pvp, one of the best I have seen, but your association with the people you speak of on this post makes you no better then them and therefore you are equally responsible. Perhaps I am wrong but I do not think so. Pvp to me was more fun prior to Mysticism. Anytime any given skill set overpowers everything else even some of the best pvpers out there, one has to see there is a flaw in that template yet everyone seems to make it their own until it's nerfed.

But no matter how much we hate all these new gimicks/changes we still try to have fun. If it means running into a house to escape a gank so be it. You can't seriously expect people to fight 1 vs 3 or more head to head. It's plain suicide these days.

I guess all I am saying is before you talk about what is destroying pvp and trying to sound all I'm better then thou, sit back and look who is doing it. You put down X about everything, but I can say one thing about X, they play the game to have fun without having to cheat, lie, steal, or hack/steal other peoples accts. Can you say the same about the people you run with? We all know who they are, do we not...

Have a Great Day!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally, I miss the days of all gm stuffs, when everyone was on a pretty equal footing. I didn't mind much dieing to someone who was superskilled and a great tactician...but I for one refuse to spend what little gametime I have farming for "just the right suit and jewels" to make up that combo of the month. *shrugs*

And to me, factions doesn't really excite me. I mean, seriously, what do you get? I would prefer the faction lines to be drawn out in sections like the old RP divisions, and guild maps. If I cross into a section you control, I'm prompted to pay a "tax", paying it makes for safe passage, not paying, makes for fair game :p
Or something to that effect. Has to be some reason other than just climbing in rank and getting better and stronger arties and stuff. That line of thinkin is what got the game in the mess it;'s in today.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um first....I never anywhere in my post only "elite" guilds do the hacks and dupes. That, my dear friend, is your assumption. Not mine.

The reason you dont agree with my "one button wonder" thing is cause thats all you play. Ever. Thats all X plays. Ever.

ALso, no where in my post, or previous posts have I said X sucks. I mean they do, but I didnt slam em at every chance.

but your association with the people you speak of on this post makes you no better then them and therefore you are equally responsible
Ive never duped or unattended. I always had money to buy my stuff. Im associated with RLs yes. Thats my brotha. Love the dude. Ive pvpd with IRS on several occasions and like the dude. But Ive fought agaisnt both of them too. Have I played with cheaters, yea sure. DId I condone their actins and participate in what they were doing....no.

Im sorry if you think my post was about me being "better than you" when in fact it was a pretty straight forward post about the state of pvp today. I mean i went and reread my post two times after your post and I dont get how you think i was making it a "im better than you post." I never once mentioned myself other than when I was hacked...

The fact that you admit house hiding because your outnumbered 2-3 to 1 makes me laugh. Ive fought odds like that allot and won. Ive fought against 5 or 6 people with a dismount ninja and didnt die and didnt run in house. Did I die allot? Yea I did. But I also did so cause I wasnt scared to lose anything. Insurance was nothing for me. No stat loss to worry about...cept in factions and even then I kept fighting and beat people.

Maybe you just stick to fighting NPCs in trammel. I mean you completely missed the point of this post.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Omni your right I'll retract the elite part.

As to being a "one button wonder", How can you know what I do on my computer when I play are you not making an assumption there? I'm sure our mages have more then one key when they play. I know mine does. Even my archer has more then one button!!:)

ALso, no where in my post, or previous posts have I said X sucks. I mean they do, but I didnt slam em at every chance.
Ha Ha caught you! You just did. hehe Your right! Sorry :(

As for RLs and IRS I have nothing truely bad to say about either of them. They play the game and for the most part they play it fair. I have never known them to cheat or hack as a matter of fact I rather like those two even though they seem to hate me. As for the cheaters/dupers/hackers if you do not condone their actions or agree with what they do, then why not speak out and let them know straight out they are wrong. Perhaps in doing so they will curve their appetite for such actions. It's like the one person that stands by and allows a murder to happen. If we do not intervene we are just as guilty I would think.

Yes I house hide sue me! I have seen alot of people do the same thing when out numbered not just X. Let's be fair and admit we are all not perfect. Dieing isn't the issue I am not afraid to die in a game. What bothers me the most is that constant death. I mean it is boring and not much fun. How can anyone learn to pvp when you are in a 3 sec fight. Not much time to learn is there !We should perhaps go back to the one v one instead of constant ganks.

As for the point in your post. I know what you are saying. I wish I had been here at the begining when "pvp was fun". Unfortunately, I was not so I do not know what it was like. But I do know it has changed drastically in the last year or two. I can only hope people, the pvpers, see what is going on and try to change it back to what it used to be.

I

IRS

UO currently sucks.

True most of the pvp is gay now but it still beats the time of word of death archers... bzzzzzzzzzzzzz o0o0o0o

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to apologize if I posted something misleading. I have just realized that Omnicron and Omnius are two different people. *baffled*

If at all possible would you two please clarify who you are in game so that I am better informed before I make a post? Just a wishful request. Thanks!

V

Vyal

Omnicron doesn't even play so all the pvp we do with him must be forum pvp wars
on another note I want to duel Uriah Heep in game fraps it and take pics things like that I bet that guy blows at UO.

Pistols at dawn Uriah? show me why your some leet pvp thread mod on the shard that gave birth to the best pvpers....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I can come let ya kill me :p
If that somehow justifies you somehow.
I'm not a pvp'er, never claimed to be, never said I was.
*shrugs*

V

Vyal

Whats the deal then? If you know nothing about it or what goes on or who people are or how we do what are you doing here as our mod? You do know the game started as a pvp game and those who been around long enough thats all we know period.

Stratch that I understand if you are a mod for other threads but not this one, if you don't know anything about pvp here.

All the people I talk about I know I have been in guilds with I have talked to in vent they know me and when I say something it doesn't mean I'm going to come to your house and bomb you so stop freaking removing all our posts just go away and leave this whole thread alone....

< this is page 11 I hope this goes to 111 and on without anymore BS removing of peoples posts.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you cross the line, as laid out, action will be taken.
You don't have to be the champion of UO PeeVeePee to know when language, rl attacks, and trash talk cross the line.

Wanna talk PvP, do it. Not a problem. Wanna talk trash with the friends, do it. Just keep it RoC.
Period.

And not being a PvP'er, doesn't mean someone doesn't know anything about it. I've had, and still have, quite a few pvp friends over the years, good ones too. No problem with PvP'ers, whatsoever, as a group or as a whole. Only problem I have is when it gets completely out of hand.
And that is the end of this subject...If you want a change in Mod, I suggest you PM Petra and Magdalene about the matter.

And the offer stands, if you want to get a group of your buds together and let em come witness you killing the trammie...and it makes yall feel good, let me know :p Death doesn't mean much ingame =)
I choose not to pvp, because I don't care for it. Doesn't mean I don't respect the playstyle. The same way some don't PvM. The same way some don't grow plants. The same way some don't care to make a fletcher/bowcrafter, or a cook...etc.

But PvP is no different than any other playstyle or profession. To say "We are PvP'ers, and above the rules, because of our playstyle" is totally ridiculous. Being a PvP'er does not put you above the ToS, the RoC, grants no one special privileges, anymore than being a scribe, a tailor, or a fisherman does.

Deal with it.

V

Vyal

I''m sorry I didn't read half your dribble only enough to know you don't even pvp on Legends and thats enough dribble for me.

Does not pvp on Legends knows nothing about what hes talking about or what hes removing when he removes every thread he removes,....

Lets duel man lets just duel so I can watch you die, thats all...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually Vyal, Ultima Online started out as a role playing game. PvP was birthed awhile after it opened its doors tp the public( Im sure it actually was found in the Beta. But I didnt play the beta so I dont know) because Richard Garriot wanted to allow players to roam the lands with no restrictions, and see how they dealt with what was at hand.

Some enterprising people found that they could kill and rob others players, thus, giving life to UO pvp.

If your going to pretend to know about pvp then at least get informed.

Also, Uriah has stated on several occasions that he IS NOT A PVPr. Maybe you just cant read, or more likely you cant comprehend what is being wrote.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the PvP thread for Legends. If you would like to challenge another player this is the thread. If you would like to discuss PvP engagements this is the thread. This thread is intended to be less moderated then the rest of the Legends Forum. Less moderated does not mean un-moderated. Please try and keep this thread about In-Game PvP and not let it drift to RL.

A few things that should not be in this thread:

Personal Attacks
Real Life attacks
Name Calling
Profanity
No accusing others of using Hacks or Exploits

If you do not PvP this thread is not for you.
I think is Self Explanatory. The first post on this thread.

PvP is so over rated... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
This was the second...

Vyal a Hospital Administrator does not know how to do surgery but he keeps every one in line and the hospital running smoothly... Catch my drift? The Mods have a job they know what that job is.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I've had some issues with Uriah, and other mods in the past I don't think he's doing a bad job. At least he's allowed us a pvp thread. I know many times in the past Mods insta delete pvp threads/posts and hand out infractions.rolleyes:

In my own personal opinion, there is a fine line in **** talking over a game. Calling someone a hacker/scammer/trash....That's fine. Telling someone you hope they fall into a meat grinder IRL is over kill.

Now in the competitive spirit we have all crossed those lines in the past. Everyone in this thread has at one point or another.

Also I've fought both finglonger, and omnicron in the past. The omnicron from back in the A*K days > finglonger.

I'll never forget omnicron and I fighting LD 2 vs 15+ at a castle idoc, and just smashing them. lol, LD's always been bad. They've had some really good pvpers in the past, but as a whole they're just bad. ^X^ is even worse though....

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also I've fought both finglonger, and omnicron in the past. The omnicron from back in the A*K days > finglonger.

I'll never forget omnicron and I fighting LD 2 vs 15+ at a castle idoc, and just smashing them. lol, LD's always been bad. They've had some really good pvpers in the past, but as a whole they're just bad. ^X^ is even worse though....
Damn RLs I wish I had took pics of that fight. We were literally smashing them fools. We even fought them Saved by the bell newbs or who ever they were. They thought they could xfer over and try to pvp on our shard. THat didnt last a week.

Ive never played Fingloner so I dont know his skill level. But I was pretty beast back in the day. AND I DIDNT RUN IN A HOUSE WHEN I WAS OUTNUMBERED! Ever.

RLs will vouch. We fought each other in separate factions and I always seemed to be fighting alone when my "guild" would run cause the numbers were even....OMG IM REDLINED ZOOOOOOOM.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI
This is a message board on Stratics forums. It is not a pvp arena, it is not uo.
As such, the rules of these message boards apply to posts written on them. You agreed to those rules when you made your posting account.
Moderators on these boards are not required to pursue any particular playstyle in ultima online, they merely have to read the rules of these boards and apply them to the posts therein.
Please try to adhere to the agreement you signed.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn i wish u wouldve taken pics omni, then I wouldve had confirmation u actually killed someone!!!!!:gee: