• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The New Fluffi Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question while I'm here....

What is this new patcher about, and why is it converting .mul files to UOP....?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what this thread needs?
If you said "busting ghosts" tragically, you're wrong.

Kittens on slides.
That's exactly what I needed right now ... 10 days with a nasty dry cough, barely any sleep at night and now kittens on a slide!! Wow, this week is weird ....

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What is this new patcher about, and why is it convert ing .mul files to UOP....?
I guess the patcher is for the Covetous overhaul and the vanilla plants and the pirates in Tokuno and ... and ... and ... it' s a big patch ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What is this new patcher about, and why is it converting .mul files to UOP....?
It works like the EC patcher, it only patches the files that are changed - basically it means that if you have to re-install you down load the installer and it downloads the current files. When it's done you're good to go - no sitting through 2 years of patches till it catches up. The file types now match the EC file types. I guess that makes life easier for the team.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those things you know ... I am in awe!

Morning all and Knowers.

The new Covetous is kind of fun. Well, I think it's fun, my Greater Dragon no doubt would have other words for it. After his 7th death in 20 minutes he did give me a weird look ... the kind of look he normally reserves for his dinner. So I am not quite sure he's happy about our little exploration last night ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a coward. I go in and do a few waves then give up when it gets hard.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'ello all and Wavers!

I have a different strategy: I usually die about 2 seconds before the Pool is destroyed and the danger over. I guess the monsters have a deal with my insurance rep ... Yesterday I went through a couple of invasions with just one other person. Once we made it to wave 14 before it went south. I have almost 1000 points now (yippieh!) and it's about time to think about a reward ... hmmmm ... :rolleyes:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our cat lost a mouse in the hall this morning and son and I spend half an hour trapping it. We coul d have done with kitten help!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our cat lost a mouse in the hall this morning and son and I spend half an hour trapping it. We coul d have done with kitten help!
30 years ago today, people were firing artillery shells at me.

I have decided to commemorate this by posting a picture of a kitten for Saunders:

I give you... Elvira (when she was a bit younger)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'ello all and invisibles!

Now here's an interesting question: when I buy one of those fancy city titles and my loyalty count goes down again under the level required for this title, do I loose it and can wave good-bye to the millions spent? Does anybody know? I couldn't find anything about that, yet.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm ... interesting. Now I only need 50 mil to spend *peeks into bank box* well, that was that then ... is there a "Peasant of Moonglow"?

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then there´s the option to do what I did. "Ooo, lookie there are shiny new titles to get, clickety click", 5 000 000 gold coins have been withdrawn from your bank account. Wtf? :eek:

Lesson learnt. Read what the page says before accepting... Well, I am now Countess of Moonglow, and I can only hope the city council will do something useful for the gold, like feeding the angry rioters at the farm next door so they don´t constantly set my neighbour´s house on fire.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're sure it's the rioters setting your neighbours house on fire? I heard rumours that you were planning a conservatory ...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I think it's time for some cake and to celebrate the re-invention of Covetous why not

Skull Cake.jpg ?

Yum!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'ello all and EMs!

So, no babble by EM Adris yet. Well, no cake then! One has to be strict now and then ... Actually, no babble by anybody, so cake for me only *sighs* This way I will never get my Speedo-figure back!

Anyhow, has anybody ever ventured deeper into Covetous Level 3 yet? I always only make it past the door mat and am then instantly over-run by nastiness beating the Hail-Blackthorns out of me ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've snuck past them in stealth mode, I haven't tried to fight them.
I know someone who fights down in the cells though. Two tamers with pets and discord, wall themselves in the room on the end where the guillotine is - but not if the undead spawn is down there, because they open doors.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all and Madmen!

I need to buy more potions to run the SRC hospital in Covetous and Barian's shop is running dry. Does anybody know a nice, independently run shop where I can get some?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to buy more potions to run the SRC hospital in Covetous and Barian's shop is running dry. Does anybody know a nice, independently run shop where I can get some?
Don't have a vendor, but have a stock of potions, you are welcome to take what you need until your usual suppliers can catch up on stock - either shout in-game or PM me and we'll sort out a time to get them to you.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all and Madmen!

I have tea. Does that count?
Fluffi's kitten picture also hs effects that would disturb Alaster. :D

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tea's always nice .. not sure if people dieing at the Void Pool would appreciate the gesture though. But then: die they will anyway, so why not have a nice cuppa first? *g*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and just for the record: I made it to #48 last night at the Void Pool battles. I am soooo cool ..... :loser:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been moving furniture. Why is remodelling in RL so much more difficult than in game?
I guess because putting an axe to things you want to move around is not really an option. But then, in RL you can have your forge and anvil outside your house, so that's nicer ...

Anyhow, good morning all and movers!

Another week another .... wait, I am repeating myself ...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because you are just a weak and feeble woman??
But I have the heart and stomach of a king, and a king of England too, and think foul scorn if Spain or any other prince of Europe...

Beware small fierce women!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was a fun event - and I managed to not need the help of the Red Cross too much.
and I even got permission to say 'I told you so' to the folk who wouldn't believe me when I said the stat boost would be around to get later.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
making cures for gargoyles, at first I found the puzzles confusing, but now I know how to work them they're fun. I've handed in 48 so far, but I've run out of sugar till my plants start producing.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You folks need to head to a japanese shard near you and check out Zento. Theres a thread on UOhall about it. What you can do in a game where you can put stuff down. Amazing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish we could figure out what caused ie8 to suddenly stop allowing most of our themes to work. The only one that will work with it is Flexile. Firefox and Chrome are fine, and so, I believe, is ie9.
*shakes fist and Microsoft*

W

willjam

Tis a pity my old login was terminated would like to post as wikkr again ^_^

still nice to see the community is alive still

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weeeeee ... I can post again. Don't like this Flexile, but if it works ... anyway:

'ello again babblers and babblerettes!

Missed me, too? Sheesh, I am busy: trying to set up a SRC hospital as often as possible by the Void Pool, working that silly city loyalty up, and somebody is buying all my POFs, BOSs and fish cakes lately, so I need to keep them coming (not that I am complaining *g*) ... how have you folks been?

Oh, and welcome back Wikkr!!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, to wave nr 48. Thats an accomplishment. Were you alone? If so I will worship you like a god.

Or just say grats. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.