• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'It can't be autumn 'cos we didn't have summer yet' Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*Runs in* Hellew all!! You babble all the time! And indeedy another year added to the age count...

*runs off again* Make way!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*has been worrying about Terry for over 30 years*

g'morning babblers.

K

Kiminality

I appear to have lost 110 swordsmanship, somewhere...
I remember stoning it off, clearly, and putting it away safely.
Now, it comes to looking for it, and it's nowhere to be found :(

K

Kiminality

Probably...
It would explain how I've misplaced:
1 x Soul Seeker
1 x Cloak of Corruption
1 x 110 Swordsmanship

MUNCHIES! :p
(Om nom nom!)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heyya, heyho and heybabb!

Speaking of stones: I found a whole bag full of blackrock in one of my chests when cleaning out the house. Is there any use for them still ... besides of infecting the local sheep population of course *g*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
word association, Nilrem mentioned 'allegro'. Dreadful car, but we didn't own one at the time and hired one for the week.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We hired a Nissan Micra once for a week holiday in Scotland. Cute car and very red, but very tiny and "swaying" ... I constantly got travel sick on those winding roads around the Lochs *g*

T

TerryFyde

The Allegro was also known by it's owners as the "All Agro" ..... with justification. The first two, from the large national hire company we used, "developed" serious faults within a few miles. They were probably made on the nightshift when the employees were having their sleep.

G

Geofferys_ghost

There was only one Prince of the Dirt Nap

So good we named him after it..................:sad4:
and what can i say i lernt from the masters and even improved to become
a master balron wresler

if that fails there is all ways the fall back of petra`s emergency rations

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and what can i say i lernt from the masters and even improved to become
a master balron wresler

if that fails there is all ways the fall back of petra`s emergency rations

Are they like Dwarfish travelling cake?
One slice is enough to see you round the world...

B

Black Betty

G'morning, everyone. Am I the only one that loves fall? I am soooo glad it's finally arriving.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cold, wet and foggy? no ta. Bright, crisp and frosty I don't mind though.

Today's news from the Fyde camp, Xorartep gm'd begging.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
G'morning, everyone. Am I the only one that loves fall? I am soooo glad it's finally arriving.

Nope, I like it too - although I too prefer the bright and crisp version. At the moment, we're having 'Weather'. Horizontal rain, har, and strong winds. As they say here, tha e fiadhich!

On the plus side, although the satellite has a hissy every 5 mins because of the cloud cover, the new connection is dealing with it very well! Apart from dropping me on my ass in Blood the other night. I was suitably impressed that my archer not only survived, but killed a blood ele in my absence. I love autodefend :)

B

Black Betty

I look forward to fall every year. I love the turning of the leaves and the smells and the cooler weather. Or maybe it's because my birthday is in October? Hehe, I'll be 40 at the end of October! I am very much looking forward to celebrating that milestone. :D

K

Kiminality

Ill :(

Currently feels like I've been drinking battery acid, and thrown myself down the stairs a couple of times...

A short while ago, I went to look for mages and mage lords.
I was a little low on the funky blue cloth from the mage lord robes (didn't it used to be known as "nightmare cloth" or something?).
Anyway, I also killed a couple of ordinary mages on my travels, and dutifully looted their mighty pink robes.
Went back home, switched to my tailor, and snipped away.
Then, I wondered what the pink cloth would look like as a kimono.
It was awesome, and I decided to go and find more.

The first lesson I learned was a stark reminder that dark wisps are tough.
The second lesson I learned was another stark reminder that paragons are tough.
The third lesson I learned was a stark reminder that a GM suit of leather armour isn't exactly the best protection in the world.
Lessons over, I think, and lug my multitude of robes back to the house.
Snip... Snip...
The forth lesson... The pink mage robes come in an as-yet-undetermined number of hues, leaving me with dozens of stacks of 8 cloth...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dark wisps? I didn't realise we still had some on Europa, where abouts?

K

Kiminality

Wisp dungeon, down with the mages and stuff (down the stairs)...
The ones with the shields of omgnodamagelol... And necromancy...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh! I tend to go to Shame or Fire level 2 for mages, I forget they're in Ilsh too.

G

Geofferys_ghost

well it is a typical " autum " wet windy gloomy and wondering if we should find a ark to sleep in as " fall " is what some do when they have drank 1 to meny sherrys :stretcher:

my whats happend to all the babblers as should of been on page 30 by now

though page 3 or 7 would be as nice :D

K

Kiminality

I did go to Shame and fire, but the only places they spawn in reasonable numbers are in the 2-story building.
My targeting system macros end up trying to honour/attack the mages on the floor above/below me, which is annoying :(

S

Seasseragh

The forth lesson... The pink mage robes come in an as-yet-undetermined number of hues, leaving me with dozens of stacks of 8 cloth...
I once had a collection of over 40 different hues :D

Hope you get better soon.

K

Kiminality

Honestly, the Kimono I made is quite possibly my favourite one.
Although, my eyes are a little iffy with the colours, so it's quite possible it's as ugly as sin.
Or worse, as ugly as blaze...

Why is it that I only remember my desire for reward cloth, when I'm in no position to acquire it by any means >.<

K

Kiminality

It is possible, although I will have too keep you in suspense for a little...
2 hours sleep does not a happy Kimi make :(

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*stealths in*

we went on our honeymoon in an Austin Allegro, several moons ago.

:postpics:

In the absence pf "pics", cuneiform engravings on wax tablets would do, or possibly even Lascaux-type cave paintings.

*stealths out*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about stone carvings?

Evening all, not been around much for the past few days due to a combination of Warcraft, some good books, and my dad's new shed*.

I suspect i won't be around too much for the next few days either, as we're still woking on the shed, and my copy of Temporal Void by Peter Hamilton arrived :D

*Which we're putting together in the garage (and having great fun nailing feet to the floor...)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have much time to babble atm either, but I'm right here at the pc. Should be able to show people what's been keeping me so busy soon I hope.

C

Coppelia

Hi there! Have a nice day!

Don't let the rain get you! (carry an umbrella) :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Babblers

Just to let everyone in UO land know, we're off on a trip to Ireland on Friday, and will be away for 10 days. After all the upheaval of moving, and having to go to England for a week just before hand, I'm very very glad that this is the last time I'll have to go anywhere for a while. I'm not there yet, and already looking to forward to getting home!

See you all soon, take care and have fun.

Cail

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need 16 more posts to get to 1500 (which I'm sure deserves a new Stratics title, especially as they took away my old Stratics Plus title when the forums fell apart.)

What do YOU think my chances of reaching 1500 posts are?

I will reply to each response. :D:D:D:D

K

Kiminality

'least you got your old post-count back:p
I'm still working up from 0, no idea what my old count was, and my account wasn't recovered.

I'd say "high"

Status
Not open for further replies.