• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'It can't be autumn 'cos we didn't have summer yet' Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, well. Pub 55 is out ... did it make Europas last maintenance or is it next night? Do we still have those guys who give the spring cleaning tickets?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we have the publish, I've just been hunting for new seeds and planting them. I got 5 peculiar seeds off kappa, 4 off titan, 4 and a fragrant off terathon warriors, 4 off mummies and 2 off hiryu. That's enough to grow at once I think. I'll try some of the other things they spawn on next time.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we have the publish, I've just been hunting for new seeds and planting them.
So I saw last night. Bummer, I was hoping to get 1mil points together but only made it to 926900 *g* Ah well, now I have to decide on what to spend those points on. First thing was to get me this ring/bracelet combo for the luck. I don’t know if luck is influencing the seed drops as well, but then I went out to kill tsuki-wolves and almost every single one had a seed on it. This way I got some 20 peculiar and 1 fragrant seed in about 20 minutes.

I planted a handful of them last night ... I wonder what will come out of them :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all :)

We're temporarily back online but not ingame. Thanks to the incompetance of BT ("yes, we can swap the whole package to your new house, even the broadband" followed by "oops, we were wrong, you're subject to exchange activation, so no broadband, and, incidentally, you're going to have 3 new landline numbers in as many weeks and you won't be able to make outgoing calls most of the time") we're having to change our supplier, so we're on a weeks free dial up until the new kit arrives and gets plugged in (www.hebrides.net - does anyone know what stuff like this is like for gaming?) so hopefully we'll be back in soon. I've just had a go at downloading the patches and it's been going more than an hour so far. How on earth did anyone cope before broadband, it's like internet slo mo!

I'm really looking forward to getting back ingame and catching up with everything that I've missed, especially all the people. I'll be there as soon as I can.

(To all the players that work for BT - no offence meant, I know YOU'RE not incompetant, it's just that BT is!)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No internet sucketh mightily
:scholar:
Very well said Barian! I back that ... and the "morning all" too!

I just hope that everything will go smoothly in two weeks when we are moving. My telephone company says it will, but aren't they all liars?!

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can safely say - that from Cyprus where i am - i have had enough of summer! Its September and still 35 degrees during the day. You cant even walk up a flight of stairs without breaking a sweat!

Gimme some rain!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're willing to pay the shipping we've got a lot here we could let you have cheap ;)

Cailleach, good luck with BT :)

/goes back to waiting for the Warhammer servers to come back up (down for nearly 8 hours and counting).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
morning all.

I expect to be mostly playing on Test Center today. Ethan's coming for the day and we let him build a house there when he was here for the weekend.

K

Kiminality

Speaking of birthdays...

*Cough*User 996*Cough*

Morning all!
Can't find a scrap of reward cloth for sale, anywhere.
The moment's passed, now... Black goes well with anything :p

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of birthdays...

*Cough*User 996*Cough*

Morning all!
Can't find a scrap of reward cloth for sale, anywhere.
The moment's passed, now... Black goes well with anything :p
We have a ton of reward cloth around hun - shout me on icq 451 321 008 or via PM here or on my message board, link in sig. You can come over and help yourself :)

K

Kiminality

Aww! Tempting, but I have trouble just swiping stuff, unbartered for.
Or, something that makes more sense...

How about I get back to the subject when my brain starts working again ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww! Tempting, but I have trouble just swiping stuff, unbartered for.
Or, something that makes more sense...

How about I get back to the subject when my brain starts working again ;)
Hehe, offered is not swiped, but we're open to bartering :) shout when you're ready and we'll sort something out. If I'm not about, grab Lajelah or Dr Vanq or another emissary. We should be permenantly about once we get this new system hooked up, and I'll be able to say when that is on Monday, I hope!!

S

Seasseragh

Too subtle, Kimi :D . I volunteer some reward cloth too, btw. (And I will let you pay through your nose, if you insist ;) )

K

Kiminality

Too subtle, Kimi :D . I volunteer some reward cloth too, btw. (And I will let you pay through your nose, if you insist ;) )
*Blows her nose, and offers you the tissue*
Deal! :D

Anyway, I'm still passing on finalising anything with reward cloth, since falling asleep for 10 minutes while watching Serenity doesn't really qualify as sleep, in my body's books.
But, suffice it to say that when I wake up tomorrow, I'll read this thread and think "Who's the idiot with the angsty sig?" and then "Oooh! BOD cloths!"
And life will be good.
Or...
I dunno :(

So, anyway, to be less subtle; it's that Seasseragh chap's birthday.

Edit: Partly for my own benefit, as a reminder...
I'll see what reward cloth I am lacking/don't have, and compile a mighty list, that will make me look organised.

S

Seasseragh

*takes the tissue and lets it disappear quickly* Mwahahaha, DNA!!!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all, it's a lovely sunny day here, which seems like a first :p (although it was fun driving in the fog at 7am).

Seasseragh, what have we said about your attempts to clone an army of loyal Stratics posters...besides which it's snot a good idea to use tissues to procure the DNA, you'll end up with your clone army being more than a little mad.

S

Seasseragh

Same weather here, sunny but with a bit of a bite.

Seasseragh, what have we said about your attempts to clone an army of loyal Stratics posters...besides which it's snot a good idea to use tissues to procure the DNA, you'll end up with your clone army being more than a little mad.
The risk of some aberrant behaviour is minimal and to be expected in loyal Stratics posters anyway :lick: - Start the Sequencer - Now!

K

Kiminality

As far as I'm aware, you're only using my DNA...
I think "aberrant" is an understatement :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and other tissue-based lifeforms!

Didn't I just see a weekend approaching? Must have missed it .. but then, I remember spending several hours at IKEA trying to figure out if it's any good to spend money on plywood-made things that break the moment you move them more than 2 millimeters in any given direction ... guess that was the weekend then. Isn't moving house fun? Discuss ....

K

Kiminality

WOPR/Joshua was never rampant.
Rampancy is generally when an AI exceeds itself... Almost a teenage rebellion, in a way...
Joshua never acted outside of his programming. It just so happened that his programming lead to certain... Issues...

K

Kiminality

I'm just defending the title of "Rampant", since they're always more fun.

Threatening to vaporise everything within a 50-block radius unless its demands are met.
The demand? It wanted feet.

Global thermonuclear war is just so... Plain... :p

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moving house is something I fervently hope to never do again.
You and me both!!

Btw, I finally lost it with the treacle slow dial up yesterday morning, so I did a bit of googling and emailed the CEO of BT. The plan was it would be in his inbox ready for when he got to work this morning. The reality was that I had a personal reply within a couple of hours and hubby spent almost an hour on the phone today with one of his 'senior' team, giving her a run down of the problems we've had, updated to include them adding charges to our bill for leaving our broadband contract early! I'm impressed, albeit grudgingly, and wait with interest to see what happens next.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tell Terry's a Brummie.....

Who else would sharpen a mallet?

:hahaha:

T

TerryFyde

You can tell Terry's a Brummie.....

Who else would sharpen a mallet?

:hahaha:

Actually there is a stone masons tool that is called a mallet that does have one "bladed" end.
Oh yea of little faith ...... how many times did i say to you "building work ain't rocket science"

G

Geofferys_ghost

a cool breeze pass`s though the babble thread as you see a glimps of a shadow
and hear a low whisper of wibble wibble and thrice i say wibble

T

TerryFyde

a cool breeze pass`s though the babble thread as you see a glimps of a shadow
and hear a low whisper of wibble wibble and thrice i say wibble
*rubs his eyes in disbelief*

hmmm .... if that was posted by who i think then they are in their normal state ........ ghostly

G

Geofferys_ghost

monochrome has all ways been the new black :)

besides how meny masterd the art of balron wresling :owned:

T

TerryFyde

Nice to "hear" from an old mate, especially a prince of the dirt nap......... tis about time that you got other games out of your system and returned to UO ...... old players are always wanted back ........ YES EVEN YOU ! ;)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was only one Prince of the Dirt Nap

So good we named him after it..................:sad4:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, Barian. He was the King of the dirt nap, Geoffery is merely the prince.

T

TerryFyde

I was very carefull in the use of my wording, " a prince of the dirt nap".

Status
Not open for further replies.