• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beat you to it then. It only took me 2 hours to get that first 0.1 gain :p

And then the big question: Is Scrumpy Jack hiding under a weed in Farmer Nash´s field? :eyes:

Edit: 700 babbles, finally.
Woot, 2 hours? I am in awe!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Scrumpy lies under a weed anywhere. But I don't think he will make his way to the new lands anywhen soon. First, he is deeply suspicious of everything flapping around. Second, he is deeply suspicious of everything he doesn't know. And third, he is far too tight to pay the entrance-fee those who run the World charge for accessing the new lands.

On the other hand, he is still mourning the absence of Typhoid Mary, who (as she claimed) went to the Gargoyle Land last year, hoping to find a cure for her bad skin. And since he never heard of her again he might want to try to find her. Maybe that's behind his strangely obsessive training of barding skills over the past few months ....

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EC is great for hunting and fishing. I switch clients a lot - depending on what I am doing. But - 2D is still best on crafting things and restocking vendors. Even shopping I would say.

As for the expansion - it`s great. Money well spent!

However, I think my mind will melt soon. Training imbuing and I am up to 114. Now I am reading that the already resource hungry skill has become even more resource hungry. Ouch!

K

Kiminality

I switch between them.
There's great things about both clients, but also great flaws in each

On a mercenary note, I have a vendor on my house with full Mysticism.
Started at 50k, but they were moving too fast for me to gather the Demon Bone and Dragons Blood to scribe new ones, so they're 100k now, which seems the current going price.
Out the west exit of Umbra and south a bit. Vendor's called "SA Bits".
If you can catch me there, I'll trade one for a bunch of scrolls and the aforementioned reagents ;)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will try and catch you, being provided with scrolls, and blood and bones from Farmer Nash's patch!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So whats with the big hole/crater in Moonglow? Please fill a returnee in! :)

S

Seasseragh

Ohhh my.... "The Hole" in Moonglow?

Short version: Kronos, local mage, builds a Blackrock Detector/Attractor device, the Shadow Lords sabotage it to blow up and cause a rift in time-space to let them enter our world, Chaos ensues :D

It´s a early stage of the story line that covers the last few years.

U

ultima online

YAAAARRRR!!! avast ye landlubbers! splice the mainbrace or walk the plank! yo ho ho where be me rum?

happy talk like a pirate day YArrrrrr!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh my.... "The Hole" in Moonglow?

Short version: Kronos, local mage, builds a Blackrock Detector/Attractor device, the Shadow Lords sabotage it to blow up and cause a rift in time-space to let them enter our world, Chaos ensues :D

It´s a early stage of the story line that covers the last few years.
Thanks! :)

Can you perhaps direct me to a good source of recent lore and history? I'd love to read up on the last years events. :D

K

Kiminality

I fell asleep half way through an episode of Psych, which was sadness...
But, I'm awake now, and my empire of mysticism books stands strong.
Anyone who wants to make a barter with me for a book, ICQ me on 62974372.

Oh, and I had a run to Despise, and tried out the "Rising Colossus" summon on Ogre Lords.
They don't last very long, but they last longer than Ogre Lords. That's with about 90 imbuing, 84 myst and 115 eval.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all and Abyssettes!

I finally managed to get my new-born gargoyle to my house in Fellucca: log-on with normal char, cast moongate, log-out, log-on with garg, run through moongate, ta-daa!

I just hope that nobody watched me *g*

Now the proper training begins ...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and nuts!

I actually picked up two conkers at the weekend, so my work is done for this autumn.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi gang. Busy, busy as usual, got 108 imbuing on Europa and 98.1 on Siege. And....

My Siege char has a MR1 LRC 18% Bonnet!!

Bonnets and caps can be imbued with properties, so no longer are they the only hats that can't be magic.

C

Coppelia

Hey there!
I've got my home soulforge now, but no gold coin to buy all the gems :p
I'm gonna have to farm something, maybe those new quest in Tel Efawn.

Also, Aion fly > gargoyle fly. Discuss. :D

C

Coppelia

Pfew... writing cover letters is mentally consuming. The art of presenting yourself as honestly almost-perfect and the balance between talking about useless things and being a cold robot.
I so deserve a brainless playtime now! :drool:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are still looking for some brainless fun, would you train my imbueing guy? like the part with my t-hunter going after crappy loot to unravel, but the actual training is a right witch with a capital B!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting items to unravel : If you have a fisher.. person, head out to the seas and fish up SoS. Most in the chests unravel to residue, and you get lots of other things as well on your trip. I hit legendary artificer on SoS loot and whatnot.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm cream-crackered already this morning and it's only breakfast time. After 3 solid hours of typing I think we've got at least a partial entry in the Hunter's guide for every creature in the expansion.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm cream-crackered already this morning and it's only breakfast time. After 3 solid hours of typing I think we've got at least a partial entry in the Hunter's guide for every creature in the expansion.
Woot!

Great job. Now I can find out why those fire demons are so nasty...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
s'a world clock, for knowing when events are on. Only I gotta try to keep it right with daylight saving adjustments cos it's not posh enough to track them itself.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and clocks!

Didn't get as much time to play SA as I wanted to at the weekend, so I am still at about 78 imbueing. I went to the abyss and into that corner with those weird dogs or whatnot and killed a few of them and those other buggers there. Loot was a bit disappointing on the tough guys, but it still was fun. Any idea what those refugees around the town are good for?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon folks!

Think the refugees IC come from the village down south, when the Void creatures took over. But don`t quote me on that, I haven`t had time to delve into the story background yet.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and folks!

*looks around*

Oops, I am talking to myself again. I better stop that ...

*ninjas out*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'se here! Still training imbuing. I'll be soo glad when it's finished.

In between I'm building my in-game Petra the radiant scim I could never quite get with bronze hammers. So far it's got 'undead slayer' 'hit mana leech 43' 'swing speed increase 30' and 'damage increase 40' I'll add as much life leech as I can managed when I hit 120 skill.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and chatterboxes!

I just had a short go at training my imbueing last night. Got it up to almost 80! Ah well, way to go to make my own version of a nice sword. I am immensely enjoying t-hunting again though. Fishing up SOSs is too much of a drag since I really don't like all the sailing around ... bores me to distraction. So digging up some monsters and a chest is just the thing to do *g*

K

killerspoon

Im back in UO again. quite enjoying it. but any guys wanting to donate some armour or pvp stuff to me would be nice. my chars still wearing a skirt and half apron. bit out of date. *winks at petra* you know you wanna gimme stuff or at least talk barian into it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I unravelled all Terry's stock for imbuing ingredients. How long are you staying? Just till the return to Brit promo finishes?
What counts as 'pvp stuff'

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have purple shoes! The Brit bank matches my fabulous shoes nicely. :thumbup:

K

killerspoon

Im staying a while im enjoying playing again. and i have no idea what pvp gear is i guess since im a mage stuff with sdi on it but to be honest i have no idea

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
116,4 in blacksmithing. I think I will lose my mind soon. Considering I have been at it a while today.

What do you guys do while you craft? Any good crafter music? Or tv-shows that always keep you company?

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! I did it without losing my mind! Now I got a Legendary Blacksmith :D About time!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! you can now start training imbueing ... that should push you over the edge *g*

Oh, and morning all and Legends!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ewwo. I finally got to 120 imbuing, and I built Petra's undead slayer sword. Now I gotta decide what to make next!

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start training imbuing, eh. Then I would have to do a finger-transplant afterwards!

Think I will try to legend tailoring. And as I saw the awesomeness of a dragon closehand, never attack a guarded tamer by mistake!, I might have to start working my tamer. He got a looong way ahead of him.

Gosh. Well something to do in between whacking away with my dexxer. =)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have white thigh boots, thanks to natural stains...

*note to self*

"Fluffi really, really, really, doesn't want to get involved with this chain of thought." :eyes:

.... and now for something completely different...

As a player with no spare character slots, and a lot of fully-developed characters that I am totally happy with:

1) Is there any reason for me to reactivate my accounts 'cos of the new expansion stuff?
2) What am I missing if I don't GM the new skills?
3) Has Luna been burned to the ground yet?
4) Can we find a reason for a Bloodguard outing please? (They were FUN.)

Status
Not open for further replies.